Posted in music on March 15, 2011

"Saw Godspeed You! Black emperor.
When they played "Moya" couldn't help myself from crying". - miniminimouse

"Godspeed the black emperor was one of the more interesting bands I've ever seen live,
really challenging and unapologetic but it works" -burnsie77

"I have never enjoyed every aspect of a show as much as Godspeed You! Black Emperor tonight! (except running out of men's tshirts) #epic" -MilanoKookee

"Godspeed played an epic 2 hour set. Sleep, static.
Like an ocean swell of sound." -Sef Gray

GY!BE at Terminal 5 last night (via helephantttt)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

In a singles-obsessed, everybody-dance moment in music, it's astonishing that this bleak instrumental collective with songs stretching well into double-digits and no obvious frontperson still commands such devotion.

But for fans, many of whom discovered the band during the years of night-vision bombing footage from the Iraq war, Godspeed offered a kind of solace in a difficult political moment. And from the set's opening movements, off the band's standout 2000 album, "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven," it was clear why Godspeed resonated. There's simply no other band whose members play desolation and joy off each other like they do. -[Pop&Hiss]

That review comes from the Los Angeles Godspeed You! Black Emperor show last month. The reunited and revered Canadian post-rock band played the first of a string of FIVE NYC shows last night (3/14) at Terminal 5, a trend that will continue today and tomorrow at Brooklyn Masonic Temple, and then Thursday & Friday (3/17 & 18) at Church of St. Paul the Apostle. Colin Stetson opened last night. What did you think of the show?

Check out a video from Terminal 5, some other videos, and last night's setlist, below....

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep LIVE@Terminal 5, NY

Albanian
Chart #3
World Police and Friendly Fire
Dead Metheny
Moya
BBF3

These Godspeed quotes are from some serious pussies

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:17 PM

And now the shows begin for the real fans. Not the jackoffs who would see them in this monstrosity of a venue.

Enjoy everyone who is going.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:18 PM

"These Godspeed quotes are from some serious pussies"

I agree. GYBE are great, but those pussies need to get out more often.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:18 PM

Thank you Godspeed. As real as a band could be and what it CAN be. Incredible show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:21 PM

hahah T5 only got 2hrs!

Next four nights, expect at least 2hrs 20 mins....

I hope it's loud as hell at the Temple/the Church!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:22 PM

real fans? Id see them in 5 lanes of oncoming traffic. Who the fuck cares where they play. Yeah T5 sucks, but NO regrets. I went to church last night.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:24 PM

oh yeah? I once prayed in a church! How do you like them apples?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:26 PM

A few weeks ago, some wily YouTube denizen took a track by the cryptic Canadian noise-rock ensemble Godspeed You! Black Emperor and spliced it with a breathless male voice ranting about an impending Islamic caliphate overtaking the Middle East and Europe. It made perfect sense in context -- on the group's four proper records from the late ’90s to early ’00s, Godspeed used found-sound warnings from street preachers to steep its droning feedback, creaking chamber strings and bleary guitars in sadness and dread.

But this video’s screed came from a cable news host who today boasts an audience of millions on Fox News -- Glenn Beck. Cheekily titled “Glennspeed You! Beck Emperor,” the clip was a rare moment of humor in Godspeed’s universe.

But in the lead-up to its 2½-hour sold-out returning set Wednesday night at the Music Box -- the band broke up in 2008 after, as its members put it, an emotional crisis over the ongoing Iraq war -- it underscored how the world has changed since its 1997 release, “F#A# Infinity,” and its last L.A. show in 2001. Back then, the band's end-of-days predictions came from anonymous, damaged souls. Now they might come from talk-show hosts who hold rallies on the National Mall.

Posted by LA! | March 15, 2011 2:27 PM

"Who the fuck cares where they play"

Real fans do. People who go to concerts and feel sound is the most important element. That's who dummy.

"I went to church last night."

Really? Hahahaha, no you went to a piece of shit garbage can of a venue. Those of us going the next four nights are actually going to church to see them(or temple)

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:27 PM

I'm glad for once.....

1) people decided to buy tickets to church.temple shows before T5
2) people who can appreciate godspeed knows that t5 sucks
3) wordless music > bowery presents

can't wait for tonight!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:28 PM

they did play 2:20 last night... came on at 8:45, off a bit after 11

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:30 PM

10 second reverb at St. Paul church is going to slay godspeed!!!

No earplugs!

Posted by Tiki | March 15, 2011 2:30 PM

Go ahead and beat me but Jesus that was boring. Never been so true that you could have stayed home, got high, put on the headphones and enjoyed yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:32 PM

Where is simple? We need him to tell us more about his DSLR.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:33 PM

Shoulda been at da Bell Huis!

Posted by Skippy | March 15, 2011 2:39 PM

Ya dude, stuff was legit. The emperor was tight!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:45 PM

New Vegan dish for your indie friends...

Godspeed You! Black-bean Enchilada

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:46 PM

I know it's not their best piece, but i'd love to hear Dead Flag Blues....

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:49 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:50 PM

^^^ just keep spinning your Rebecca Black tune you love so much....

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:53 PM

Are people not tired of whining about T5 already? Every time I come to this site, the same lame comments. Yes, it is not the best venue in the city. But guess what - a good band will put on a good show at pretty much any venue. I saw NIN at T5 in 2009 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
So shut up and stop trying to ruin other people's experiences.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:55 PM

u guys are a bunch of whiners this band blows

Posted by whiners | March 15, 2011 2:56 PM

Holy shit those videos got me so excited! I'll be a the church tomorrow and the temple Thursday. Can't fucking wait!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 2:57 PM

^^ great, if you are at the Temple thurs, it gives me an extra space at the Church.

Posted by BLG | March 15, 2011 3:00 PM

can ya smoke weed at the temple tonite??

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:02 PM

I truly don't know why anyone, let alone thousands, would see them at Terminal 5 when tickets for the proper shows have been available for around the same price(or less) on Stubhub. I guess I was thinking too highly of Godspeed fans.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:03 PM

so many people love to whine and hate

show last night was beatiful

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:05 PM

alot of people that are going to SXSW had only this chance to see them. The band possibly knew this and added that date at t5. They were incredible even if you couldnt see them that well. It was what it was, I dealt with it and loved the show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:06 PM

"Yes, it is not the best venue in the city."

--Yes it is the worst venue.

"But guess what - a good band will put on a good show at pretty much any venue"

--Guess what, you are wrong. A venue with horrible sound can kill a show(unless of course sound is the last thing you care about when seeing live music aka you are an asshat)

"I saw NIN at T5 in 2009 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. "

Great for you. I saw NIN on that tour at Bowery Ballroom and Webster Hall and i can promise you those shows blew the fuck out of the show you saw. Too bad you settled for less.

So please you go stfu!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:15 PM

@3:02- do not smoke weed at thee temple they WILL throw you out. i've seen countless victims get tossed there.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:15 PM

Oh I see, you're snide remark was to inform me I got the dates/venues wrong. Noted.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:17 PM

T5 show ... GYBE came on at 8:48, left the stage at 11:13 .... that's about 2 hr 20 min according to my calculator, Anonymous Pussy

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:17 PM

Godspeed You! Black Meh-mperor

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:26 PM

I was afraid to go to this show because of the fear of getting so bored I would pass out and hit my head.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:26 PM

haters...t5 show was sick. no point in arguing about stupid shit

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:31 PM

I saw them last night because I got last minute tickets cheap and my friend couldn't get tickets to the Wed and Thurs shows. Despite my hatred of T5, it was still awesome to see them live for the first time, and the sound wasn't terrible.

I'm sure that the smaller venues are going to be better, and I am glad I got tickets to those right when they went on sale, but for those people that couldn't, I don't think it's fair to berate them. At least they get to see them live.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:34 PM

Ephraim ripped up BBF, jammed like a mofo for about 12 cycles. David Bryant is freaking great too.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:34 PM

So sick of people using the word haters..When you are speaking the truth, it is not hating.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:35 PM

@3:15 same question as 3:02, I would understand the church, but didn't they allow smoke for Sleep? thanks for the heads up regardless. Gonna be dope as fuck tonight!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:35 PM

I love to leave comments on a topic that I don't care about and let others know much I don't care about the topic and waste my time and others talking about how much I don't care about said topic.

It's music people, take it easy. It's not going to define your life.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:39 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:39 PM

@ 3:15..."Great for you. I saw NIN on that tour at Bowery Ballroom and Webster Hall"

1.) Good for you f--kface, I saw NIN in 1995.

2.) You still wanted to see NIN in 2009??!

3.) You PAID to see NIN in 2009...TWICE???!?!

I'm not the OP, I'm just some anonymous passerby who thinks you are a major f--king sissy!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:40 PM

jacuzzi boys

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:41 PM

"It's music people, take it easy. It's not going to define your life."

If music doesn't define your life why the hell are you on this blog?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:45 PM

BrooklynVegan Comments 2005>>>BrooklynVegan Comments 2011.

Posted by J | March 15, 2011 3:45 PM

Can we ban the word "epic"?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:46 PM

Dislikers gonna dislike.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:47 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:49 PM

@3:40

3:15 here just to reply back

--I have seen NIN live since they first started playing on just about every tour.

--I bought 2 tickets for both Bowery and Webster and since my friends also got tickets I sold my extras for both. Made somewhere in the range of 1000 dollars. So the tickets paid for themselves with plenty of extra money to spare.

Anything else you wanted to randomly comment about schmuck?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:50 PM

wildly overrated band

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:51 PM

and yet you chose to not just open this page but scroll all the way down to add to the conversation? Not!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:52 PM

Yes only 9 "songs" in 2 1/2 hours... songs are a relative concept at a GYBE show. You'll recognize melodies from the LPs in the midst of extended "intros" or "outros". Every tune turns into a big droning jam session...

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:53 PM

"My mom wont drive me to the show tonight, so any of you fuckwads can give me a ride? Lemme know"

i got you b

Posted by your mom's boyfriend | March 15, 2011 3:54 PM

ya, I saw a bunch of ppl getting thrown out for smoking at the Sleep and Sunn/Boris shows. I also smoked and didn't get caught, so just don't be so conspicuous about it and you'll be fine.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:02 PM

People still openly admit to liking NIN? Nerds. NEEEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:03 PM

I don't have time to sift through all these comments. Has anyone thought of "Godspeed You! Black Meh-mperor" yet?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:05 PM

As long you enjoyed the show, that's what counts. You people arguing over the venue, length of playtime, and other nonsense need to step away from the keyboard for a while and go outside or enjoy life in some way. Seriously.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:06 PM

@3:40

3:15 here just to reply back

Anything else you wanted to randomly comment about schmuck?

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:06 PM

nitrous mafia

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:08 PM

WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE MSG TIX JAMES MURPHY

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:10 PM

that first picture says "whore" without the W.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:11 PM

"Nah, you basicially just confirmed that you are the prick @sshole I thought you were. Thanks for clarifying."

Suck it, bitch!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:14 PM

Do people really listen to this faggy crap?

Posted by Jacuzzi Boys fan | March 15, 2011 4:17 PM

"You are welcome. Coming from a loser like yourself I will wear that moniker proudly."

WORST . COMEBACK . EVER

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:18 PM

I chastise venue choice because my daddy didn't give me enough love.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:24 PM

I have one ticket for sale to the show tonight in Brooklyn... Here's my craigslist add: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tix/2267164022.html Please respond ASAP!

Posted by Grant | March 15, 2011 4:26 PM

WORST . COMEBACK . EVER

-----signed Loser 3:40/4:06

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:27 PM

David Lee Roth was awesome on stage last night. When he did those spin kicks during the first song, the crowd erupted.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:34 PM

bv comments have really gotten so unfunny and lame

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:36 PM

"It's music people, take it easy. It's not going to define your life."

If music doesn't define your life why the hell are you on this blog?

^^^ You're kidding right? I read a lot of stuff - blogs, books, magazine, newspaper, etc, but that doesn't mean I agree with or like or adhere to everything that I read...nor does that mean that I am defined by every movie I watch or every person I talk to. I'd hope that you and the rest of society, for all our sake, are the same.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:40 PM

"bv comments have really gotten so unfunny and lame"

Sincerely,
Efrim

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 4:41 PM

Haha that comment about "Godspeed the Black Emperor" made my day. Earth to planet clueless yuppie. "so challenging and unapologetic". Douche. Get over yourselves. No one (should) care what the hell anybody thinks about a show. Like it. Or don't. Doesn't matter to anyone else. Really. That said, Godspeed is a great live band and I would have liked to catch them this tour. It's been a while.

Now stop talking about NIN please. I'm embarrassed for both of you.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 5:08 PM

"9 songs in 2 1/2 hours? Did they take really long breaks between songs, or, what's the deal?"

sad that today the norm is 3 minute pop songs. 9 songs in 2 1/2 hrs was the norm in the good old days.

Prog Lives!!!!!
I'll be there tonight, can't wait been too long since their last live show!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 6:16 PM

I consider myself a real fan, And I could not get tickets for the other shows.
Also, considering we drove across the state for one show proves our dedication. Did mr. asshole anonymous do that for godspeed?

Yes, T5 Is a huge venue. Yes there were some filler fans there that wouldn't stop talking, but its all I had to work with, so I took it.

Of-course they are better in a more intimate venue. But I dont live in NYC, so I only could attend one show.

Posted by ryan | March 15, 2011 9:28 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, sniff, ahem, zzzzzzzz...

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 11:00 PM

Temple #1 just ended. I saw both this and T5. Suck it bitches - T5 was a tighter, better show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 11:10 PM

hahah nice try 11:10pm. Too bad the show didn't end till 12:03am.

and no T5 show was not better u bafoon! it was so much louder and the sound was perfectly clear when you stood right by the soundboard tonight. ohhh so lovely goddamn they were amazing:)

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 1:37 AM

In all honesty, any tips for seating in the Church?

Thanks

Posted by BLG | March 16, 2011 1:40 AM

Nice 1:37 for blowing up that idiot's lame attempt. Truthfully though, is there anyone in their right mind who would actually believe the T5 show would be better?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 2:34 AM

Smaller venue is always better with a band like this. But not all of us could get tickets. I'm happy i got to see them, well worth the trip.

Posted by ryan | March 16, 2011 3:08 AM

what's with that tweet about running out of men's tshirt's? do they sell merch now?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 8:45 AM

"bv comments have really gotten so unfunny and lame"

They've been for a while now, but these here are pathetic.

Case in point:

"Sincerely,
Efrim"

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 9:46 AM

Any tips/advice for seating at the temple. I'm going tonight and want to know from someone who went last night. Is it all seated or are there standing areas? I know to show up early enough to allow for a long, slow line getting in, but any other advice?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 11:46 AM

Masonic Temple is general admission on the floor, seated upstairs.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 12:38 PM

"MT is a terrible sounding venue, it was not built for concerts. The sound is worse upstairs. The venue itself is nice."

The king has no clothes

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 1:14 PM

AMT > Of MT > Mr. T > MT

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 1:16 PM

"haters...t5 show was sick. no point in arguing about stupid shit"
Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:31 PM

Amen

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 1:27 PM

^^ And people wonder why Charlie Sheen is selling out shows. Cause of dumb asses like this.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 1:36 PM

LOL, some dumb ass fools argue about venues. What a bunch of tools! Hey - when does mommy get home so I can look forward to you not being able to use her computer anymore?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 1:52 PM

cant wait to show off my new tribal dance moves in chicago next week!

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 2:36 PM

The show last night was amazing. Tons of Jacuzzi Boys shirts in the crowd though, which was kind of odd.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 2:53 PM

Hahaha, how true, 1:52.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 2:56 PM

Hey! wuts ur favorite cover that these guys do, im stuck between "here comes the sun" or that nasty DMB medley they like to pull out every once and awhile

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 3:09 PM

DMB all the way. They killed on "Ants Marching" at ATP

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 3:33 PM

i liked the part where it got really quiet... and then really loud... and then really quiet again.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 3:39 PM

^ yer thinking of Mogwai, asswipe. Get yer bands straight

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 3:47 PM

Can't wait for the show, and to see my fair share of BV dweebs in the crowd too!

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 4:39 PM

anyone know what the weed enforcement was like at the temple last night?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 5:28 PM

5:28pm if you have to ask people on BV if you can smoke weed in fuckin temple, you've obviously never go to enough shows.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 5:40 PM

^ you've obviously never go to enough shows.

you've obviously never learned how to speak.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 5:44 PM

5:28pm mommy is going to find ur stash!

fuckin bafoon

ummm im scared to smoke weed inside the temple....should I do it!?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 5:58 PM

look at the mad ticket dump for shitty Masonic night 2 ... guess it blew chunks last night. You shoulda been at T5 - they were even smoking weed at the smoking show. T5 rocks, man

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 6:06 PM

watched two kids get kicked out for smoking during the show last night. they were completely obvious though.

saw even more people blaze deep in the crowd without a problem.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 7:20 PM

^rule of thumb for every big show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 7:36 PM

I went to T5 on 3/14/11. Both performances were strong and fluid, GYBE and Colin Stetson. I liked the much improved visuals too. Audience was quiet and polite. people were hanging on every sound, I was anyway.

All in all. 5/5

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 8:54 PM

Temple #1 people up in front kids would not SHUT UP. so disrespectful and to the ones who tried to mosh...unbelievable. didn't fully kill the vibe, but pretty close. we were all kids, but there is a time and a place for goofing off.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 9:11 PM

@6:06- wtf are you talking about? Blab all you want about T5 but the intimacy of Masonic and the Church are obviously better. Last night was one of the best shows I've ever seen. This is truly a sit down show so those of you going to the Church- you're gonna see God there! Can't wait for Friday's show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 9:33 PM

Excited for the church Thurs. Water and shrooms. Should be sweet.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 12:28 AM

they had tons of mens tshirts last night. but, i always wear a medium and it's like a little kid's shirt. super bummed about that. definitely size up if they have any left tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 10:19 AM

No slick stuff at the Church. So make yous Beer O'Clock it up earlier before the show(s).

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 10:47 AM

'make sure' that is

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 10:49 AM

Drunk kids will ruin tonight's show:(

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 11:19 AM

Only if you let them.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 11:31 AM

Does anyone have the setlist for night one of the Temple? Having a hard time finding an accurate one online..Please post if you do. Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 11:45 AM

I have both setlists from Masonic Temple show. Left them at home though. Will post later.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 11:52 AM

@11:52 Thank you! Appreciate it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 12:00 PM

Rockin' the church tonight!

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 12:01 PM

go to setlist.fm and search 'godspeed' for setlist for all shows.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 12:14 PM

@12:14 Thanks, I already did that, but it's been changed several times, so just wanted to confirm from someone who was at the show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 12:16 PM

A concert on Saint Paddy's at a Catholic church ... sounds like a double dose of FAIL to me

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 12:34 PM

what shirts did they have for sale?

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 12:51 PM

Didn't really care for the shirts they were selling when I was at the BMT show. There was only one type of shirt, IIRC.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 1:10 PM

There will be drunk kids at any show. For the folks who like Godspeed and have been waiting for this show for months, will most likely be sobered up by the time they take stage. Besides, as someone noted, they will only ruin what you let them. With the last call being so late in NYC, I hope many will just wait to get wasted after the show. Having said that, glad this show is dry and I think it will be fine. I have read reports of chatter at all the shows so far, nothing will stop that. Maybe being in an uncomfortable pew will do the trick.

Posted by BLG | March 17, 2011 1:53 PM

^ Well said, BLG. Agree totally.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 1:57 PM

@1:57 my main concern is whether or not i re-purchase all their albums after a bitch "borrowed" them from me 8 years ago in college.

POW Lest we forget

Posted by BLG | March 17, 2011 2:00 PM

^ That blows. I only saw vinyl at the Monday/Tuesday shows though. Good luck!

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 2:24 PM

^ their vinyl packaging is awesome, worth the dough, but may be someone's pot o gold if left in bar afterwards...

Posted by BLG | March 17, 2011 2:34 PM

I'd get vinyl, but then I realized I don't have an old record player from the 1960's.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 4:27 PM

4:27 - You just suck... Get a job hippy, then you can afford "things."

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 4:44 PM

^ Actually, I work a 9-5 accounting job. I have enough money to pay my own way (rent, bills, tickets to shows, etc.). But I can't be bothered to get one of those antiquated record players when CDs will do me just fine anyway. I'm simply not a vinyl person.

Gotta love how all these BV losers just assume that someone is a "hippy" or whatever. How can you even tell, stupid?

Do me a favor, quit being a douchenozzle for probably one of the rare times in your life. It's healthy, trust me.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 5:12 PM

Douchewad, assnozzle, queefbreath, Hansel and Grundel

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 5:47 PM

5:12 - Ha! Got ya.' You're so mad! I just thought it was funny that you didn't realize that records *literally* have been produced for the last century straight through - Longer than any other musical playback format. Just thought you should know before you said anything that might make you look foolish... Appears I'm too late...

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2011 7:50 PM

Church was quiet. Sound was indescribable. Getting in was easy. Band played loud. Glad I caught it when I did.

Now, I will wait for folks to say all the natural reverb was bullshit, and that people didn't dance.

Church staff was friendly, re-entry and you could bring in water.

Better than I remembered ten years ago.

Posted by BLG | March 18, 2011 4:50 AM

Glad you had a good time, BLG.

7:50: Ask me if I care.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2011 9:48 AM

Ticket for tonight arriving by Express Mail right now. Hope that it is a wildly divergent setlist tonight. Looks like they are playing off of 2 core setlists ... hope that they throw in surprises for the last night.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2011 10:01 AM

sound was extraordinary in the church.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2011 11:23 AM

What time do you need to show up to get a good seat? Big lines to get in?

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2011 12:08 PM

i got there at 830. Sat on the floor in the center aisle about 10 rows back. A little uncomfortable on the buttocks but perfect location otherwise. Sound was incredible. Not many seats in the pews available in decent spots by 830. Show started around 915ish. No line whatsoever to get in. Incredibly smooth and easy.

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2011 12:19 PM

thanks man much appreciate your response

Posted by Anonymous | March 18, 2011 12:26 PM