Posted in interviews | music on May 27, 2011

by Bill Pearis

Modern Weepers

This is sure to add to the conspiracy theory that we somehow knew who the Modern Weepers were before the now infamous post asking that very question went live, but I promise you we did not. While there has been no official confirmation of their identities, most seem to think it's Fred Armisen and Mike Myers (and a third unkown member). We'll know for sure tonight when the band plays Mercury Lounge.

Since our postings, Modern Weepers management contacted us, asking if we'd like to interview Gary Dibble, the main Weeper, via email. Of course we said yes. Basing questions solely on the bio given on Mercury Lounge's website -- and a few assumptions -- we submitted the following 11 questions, and here are Dibble's responses. The sense of humor does seem familiar...

BrooklynVegan: Your bio says you're "Well travelled and well known in [your] native England" yet we've never heard of you. Why is that? Do you have records out?

Gary Dibble: Actually, there was already a "Modern Weepers" in America, with the late Nipsey Russell. People kept coming to our shows shouting, "We want Nipsey!" Of course, "nipsey" in Manchester, means a hand-job, so you can see it was a bit confusing. Legally we had to become The Modern Weepers UK. Which is a bit like kissing your sister. Eventually, the Nipsey Russell estate released the name "Modern Weepers," allowing us to debut in America. But we did have to give them a handjob.

continued below...

Your bio is also short. What can you tell us about Modern Weepers? Where did you and "Hugh" meet? And why is his name in quotes?

Honestly, we don't like to talk about ourselves. That's a prison thing. We can also take a dump in 11 seconds. That's also a prison thing.

And "Hugh" is his witness relocation name. His real name is [redacted], and he lives at [redacted] under the railway arches. His mobile number is [redacted]. He was previously married to Patsy Kensit, who he once called a [redacted].

How would you describe Modern Weeper's sound?

I'd have to say we're post-Punk, pre-Industrial, Neo-Electronica, quasiManchester, pseudo-goth, cod-Mope, ersatz-New Wave, Murphy-cum-Merritt, tragi-Progressive, near-Shoe Gazing, defacto-Pansy, anti-Folk, pro-Union. We also like Dido.

You're from Manchester. Ever have any run-ins with Morrissey? Is it true what they say about him?

I've had quite a few run-ins with Morrissey, actually. He's quite cantankerous in that Manchester way. The feud between Morrissey and I started out as a nodding acquaintance, turned into a snubbing, that then transformed into a silent wanking hand gesture, which progressed into a shoving match and climaxed with Liam, Noel and I pushing Morrissey over and pissing on him, singing, "House on fire. House on fire. Put it out. Put it out." I think that was the origin for his song "I Knew I Was Next." He's been quite cross with us since.

And yes it's true. He does have a vestigial tail. More of a nub, really. The spine just goes on a little longer than it should.

This will be your first American performance. (Correct?) What can we expect from a Modern Weepers show?

Well, there was some concern about you Americans not being able to understand us. But I'm not bothered because a fortnight ago, I rang my barrister, who was stuck in a lift with only a packet of crisps after some barmpot scally in a hoodie who was on the pop cobbed a scowler after a few scoops, and he was forced to do his dirts al fresco, if you know what I mean. So you can see I'm not really worried.

Can you offer up an especially dour example of your "classic Mope Rock" lyrics?

I'd have to look at our song "Cry Pail:"

"Over cry hill, over cry dale
Crying mailman with crying mail
Crying hammer with crying nails
Crying Christian with crying Bale
Crying happy with crying trails
I cry every night into my cry pail"

Not sure if it comes across, but this song is about a receptacle for tears.

Do you ever laugh? If so, what makes you laugh?

Of course. I love to laugh. There's this English show right now called Hooseywat, starring Paul Feldman. You know him, he was on Trapeze Patrol with Tondalaya Wilton. That was before her accident, poor cow. Do you have Hooseywat in America? It's brilliant. "Hugh" and I watch it on the coach of a Sunday.

Sometimes we laugh so hard that we cry, and then we cry so hard that we come all the way back around to laughing. I'm mental, me.

You spent time in Wormwood Scrubs. Which wing were you in? How long were you incarcerated? Did you write a lot of songs there? If so which ones?

I was in what they call the "Female Piggy," or the SOW. The Sad Offenders Wing. I was in for 3 months and a fortnight. I wrote the A-Side of Summer's Brewing there, which eventually became Makeshift Vagina. In Indonesia, it's called Album 2.

City or United? Have you ever had Man Chest Hair?

I'm not a footy fan, meself. Until two weeks ago, I thought Man United was a peace movement.

I have man chest hair around me nipples. I man-scape.

Will England ever win Eurovision again?

Look, England can only win Eurovision if we come up with a name that's a palindrome, like ABBA. "Hugh" got to the finals with "Miami Imam." Not quite a palindrome. Almost an anagram.

I still think Makeshift Vagina has a crack.

What's next for Modern Weepers?

Well, right now I'm playing with me "Album 2" if you receive my meaning. We take it one tour at a time. The Modern Weepers will never stop. Our motto is, "Don't ever give up. Just keep on crying."

The Modern Weepers play Mercury Lounge in NYC tonight (5/27).

EAT HUMMUS YOU BOWERY PROMOTING HACKS

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:43 AM

Er, yeah, boy am I upset I'll be missing this one.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:52 AM

wow...just read this whole thing and sounds like such a lame attempt at comedy. Retire Mike Myers. Or just make another Austin Powers film.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:53 AM

keep it up Brooklyn Vegan, keep it up

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:53 AM

I thought the Love Guru was underrated

Posted by Mike M.... I mean, M. Meyers... | May 27, 2011 10:54 AM

Jesus - Just fucking tell who this is?!

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:54 AM

while you may be promising that you didn't initially know who/what this was, it is painfully obvious that you do now.

so instead of joining in on the lame joke why not just be the responsible blog you try to be and just spill it already.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:55 AM

mike meyers was brought up on stage by elvis costello on sunday night and the d-bag was front and center stage on his phone twattering about it, instead of entertaining the crowd. Loser

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:55 AM

and he was wearing a Joy DIvision shirt

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:56 AM

waste of time reading this....

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:57 AM

Not up to the level of this bit of genius:

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

But yeah, that's gotta be Mike Myers.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:58 AM

Got my tickets. And you can be bitter and hate me and call me a sheep, but I am totally looking forward to this tonight. Maybe I live a kind of boring life, but I havent been this full of anticipation for a show in a long time. See you there kids!

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:58 AM

i will skull fuck that eye and really make you weep!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:58 AM

not only does this interview make it sound like you knew who they were initially on the first post, but by conducting and posting this interview on the day of show without any official announcement of the identity of the 'band', it makes it seem as if BrooklynVegan was the one who came up with the whole thing in the first place and is the promoter of the show.

just admit it already

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:59 AM

wow, this was funnier before the interview was posted

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:59 AM

how awkward is the line gonna be for this show? everyone standing around pretending to be excited. ugh

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 10:59 AM

At first I believed that BV had no connection with this show. Now I believe it is all just a publicity stunt. Pay to play.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:02 AM

how embarrassed will the people on the line for the show be when I walk past them looking at them while knowing that I know just as much about who they are going to see as they do.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:03 AM

I'm gonna go up to the line and ask the typical question: "Who's playing tonight?" When someone says the name I'll ask who are they, and watch the person squirm.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:04 AM

well... mercury lounge tweeted this on Tuesday:

"FYI - Modern Weepers (w/ Fred Armisen & Mike Myers) tix are back on sale for this Friday. http://www.mercuryloungenyc.com/event/6473"

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:05 AM

since BV is now promoting shows (see Paul SImon) it's clear they promoted this one.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:05 AM

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:06 AM

if you're really too stupid to figure it out, this is just a Portlandia sketch and nothing more.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:08 AM

Does anybody care anymore? Remember when everyone thought it was Radiohead or Oasis or whatever.

No way anyone who bought tickets will be able to enjoy this. Try as they might, everyone knows this is bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:08 AM

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:10 AM

HOW'S THIS ... BV, PUT A PITCHFORK IN IT; YOU'RE DONE.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:12 AM

"I hope they sell tshirts. Because that will set me apart from all the other people this summer. I'm serious. Wearing a Modern Weepers tshirt will express my sense of adventure and my affection for risk. All the unhappy wankers here want safe, guaranteed hipster-approved entertainment. Live a little!"

this is very funny

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:13 AM

'i hate when people ask "who's playing tonight" because they literally NEVER know who it is and they look at you with their stupid furrowed brow.'

well now's your chance to get back at them as the people with tickets on line don't know who it is either.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:26 AM

I thought I scored tickets to the Smiths reunion concert, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:27 AM

it's so obvious BrooklynVegan. This site has the been the one and only source for everything related to announcements about this mystery. While you sheepishly try to pretend it's not you putting this on, this site was the only one to post about the show initially, then posts a follow up to someone else's guess post and then well what do you know somehow comes up with an interview today.

Didn't know what this was?

Brooklyn Vegan Presents The Modern Weepers is more like it.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:31 AM

how stupid will you look in a Modern Weepers t shirt?

The only people that will have any idea what it is or means will know that you bought a ticket to a show on hype not knowing what it was. Why advertise to the world that you have no life and fell victim to marketing and hype?

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:34 AM

sounds like someone is trying to sell themselves a t shirt

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:35 AM

Well, one things for certain, they're definitely not funny.

And no offense, but I highly doubt mike meyers even knows who morrissey is.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:35 AM

Attention commenters who are apparently music industry experts and insiders.

BV may have know all along who this is, but this DEFINITELY isn't a BV show. BV would absolutely put his/her name on this shit.

Stop acting like you know everything

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:36 AM

who is BV

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:42 AM

I actually thought the interview was sorta funny.

You're all looking into it for some life-changing event, so of course you're going to be disappointed.

R E L A X.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:45 AM

If you ever run into BV and say "Hey Dave" your body will be found drowning in a jacuzzi full of hummus the next day.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:45 AM

by being the first and only outlet to announce the show in advance (a show which would have gone unnoticed otherwise), and to have done so in such a way as to create a mystery and hype and to then post a follow up and to then post an interview timed for the day of the show it pretty much amounts to BV putting his/her name all over this shit.

No one else ANYWHERE has done any promotion for this show except for BV.

what does that tell you? wake up.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:47 AM

implying that BV is a he/she is offensive

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:50 AM

"And no offense, but I highly doubt mike meyers even knows who morrissey is."

Yes, fucktard, only the most elite music snobs KNOW WHO FUCKING MORRISSEY IS. Idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:54 AM

BV is no better than a mega-corporation, feeding off the blood, sweat and tears of hipsters.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:55 AM

if Myers was wearing a Joy Division shirt at the Elvis Costello concert then I assume he knows who Morrissey is

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 11:57 AM

Is BV a dude or a chick?

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:00 PM

haters hate

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:05 PM

"fuck tard?"

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:06 PM

WTF with all the people saying "wake up," "it's painfully obvious that you know," etc. It's A SHOW. BV put up a couple of posts about a show, not firebombed Canada or declared an international embargo on hummus or whatever. Jesus, have some perspective. If your intuition tells you that BV probably knows something you don't, fine, sort of makes sense, but FFS come on, have some perspective about it and stop acting like you're going out on a limb to speak some important truth. I have to wonder whether people who get so upset about little things like this aren't inordinately trusting in other areas of their life, and feel like idiots about it. Being hyper-vigilant about calling bullshit on music blogs is not a good substitute for being a critical thinker about everything else.

Posted by oh_come_on | May 27, 2011 12:08 PM

@1106

unless ur online to see kanye, then people shit themselvez when u tell them. has happened to me several timez.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:09 PM

'BV put up a couple of posts about a show, not firebombed Canada '

yet.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:11 PM

12:08, nice defense BV.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:13 PM

I still think its Radiohead

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:14 PM

"Being hyper-vigilant about calling bullshit on music blogs is not a good substitute for being a critical thinker about everything else."

Anonymous quote of the year!

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:16 PM

I always shed a tear when my hummus tray is empty.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:17 PM

AHHHH F, I'M SO F'ING ANGRY.

I H8 BLOGZ.

I H8 BV.

I H8 MYSELF FOR READING BV.

I AM POST-ANGER.

I H8 BRKLYN EVEN THO I LIVE + EAT THERE (I AM DIFFERENT THAN ALL BRKLYNITES)

I H8 MY CUBICLE + HAVING TO MINIMIZE MY BV COMMENT FIELD EVERY TIME MY SUPERVISOR WALKS BY.

I <3 ANONYMOUS ANGER + VITRIOL (EVEN THO THAT'S NOT REALLY HOW I INTERACT WITH REAL PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE.)

I <3 MAKING ANONYMOUS COMMENTERS FEEL LIKE SHIT (EVEN THO THAT'S NOT HOW I TALK TO REAL PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE.)

I H8 BOWERY PRESENTS. WHO ARE THEY TO 'PUT ON SHOWS' AND 'PROMOTE THEM'?!

I H8 PAUL SIMON (HE SEEMS LIKE A REAL DICK) AND I H8 BV FOR ALIGNING HIS BRAND WITH HIM.

I H8 YOUR AESTHETIC CHOICES AND <3 MINE (EVEN THO THEY'RE PROBABLY PRETTY SIMILAR).

I <3 CAPS-LOCK. H8 'LOWERCASE' (IT SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE A BAND BOWERY WOULD PROMOTE + BV WOULD ALIGN HIS BRAND WITH.)

(HERE COMES SUPERVISOR. GTG.)

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:20 PM

yes, fucktard. problem?

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:21 PM

I'm convinced the majority of BV comments come from just 3 to 5 losers with no lives.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:22 PM

and what makes you assume that someone being hyper-vigilant here is NOT being a critical thinker elsewhere? a huge assumption on your part. And ya know what happens when you assume

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:24 PM

Confirmed - It's the Libertines.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:26 PM

stupid

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:27 PM

12:20 tried really hard to be like Carles and failed.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:27 PM

To those who said that Mike Myers doesn't know who Morrissey is, you're an idiot. He was sitting near me at the Spiritualized show at Radio City last summer so I'm sure he knows at least a little about music.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:31 PM

The Modern Weepers are Mike Myers, Fred Armisan, ELvis Costello and Morrissey. They will be doing all Joy Division, Spiritualized Who and Oasis songs.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:38 PM

Eff these losers and their hummus jokes. I'm starting a new underground music blog called "Astoria Carnivore". Who's with me? Say "AYE!"

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:44 PM

AYE AYE AYE AYE

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:45 PM

and AYE

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:45 PM

AYE. Penis!

Posted by Mr. AYE | May 27, 2011 12:51 PM

12:44 is either hacked into my brain or I posted that comment and forgot. as an Astorian resident, and an eater of meat, I've pondered "Astoria Carnivore" many times. creepy.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 12:58 PM

tonight Armisen and Myers are going to spend 1 hour apologizing to the crowd that they are not Radiohead or The Who

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 1:18 PM

'Since our postings, Modern Weepers management contacted us'

uh-huh

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 1:20 PM

Hummus > Corndogs

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 1:25 PM

Mike Meyers doesn't know who Radiohead or The Who are. I bumped into this girl who was his personal assistant at one time. She said his music knowledge is deplorable. He only listens to The Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo De Silos.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 1:32 PM

I can't wait for this to be over.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 2:17 PM

interesting 2:17 that I'm not sure if you are a ticket holder or not

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 2:18 PM

12:21 = tardfuck

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 2:32 PM

the fact that Mike Myers actually attended a Spiritualized concert shows that he does know nothing about music. I'll bet he got comp'ed. There's no excuse for you, 12:31

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 2:32 PM

I keep reading this as Gary Glitter.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 2:32 PM

Set times for tonight? Site says they are on at 830 - is the Mercury pretty good with sticking to set times?

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 2:33 PM

Add 30 minutes to Merc lounge scheduled set times for actual set times.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 2:37 PM

30 minutes MAX to set times. Ive used the 30 minute rule in the past and have ended up missing the bulk of many sets.

Posted by Anon | May 27, 2011 2:57 PM

Neckbeard Telecaster 8pm, Modern Weepers 9pm

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 3:31 PM

I thought the Love Guru was underrated

Posted by indian stock market | May 27, 2011 4:03 PM

@4:03 PM - I thought that was dumb the first time it was posted too.

Posted by Anon | May 27, 2011 4:09 PM

Just walked by Mercury on my way to whole foods. There is a huge new maroon tourbus thing parked in front. And there is a large white semi-trailer truck with "Roadshow" printed on the side doors. There were roadies carrying cables from the truck. There are about 12 people already in line in front. One person was wearing a homemade "modern weepers" shirt. Lots of activity for this. Should be interesting.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 4:13 PM

I just walked past mercury lounge on my way to whole foods too... But didn't want to waste any time getting to the market because chickpeas are on sale for .89 cents a can.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 4:49 PM

Whole Foods is gay. Except for the beer shop which is awesome and totally hetero.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 4:59 PM

I once whacked off into the salad bar at a whole foods. It felt nice. I'm a male.

Posted by Carlin | May 27, 2011 5:51 PM

Hey 4:13, nice hyping try, but I walked by about 5 and there was none of the things you mentioned. No one on line, no trucks, nothing.

They are however filming this, as there was a piece of paper taped to the front of the venue telling everyone that they are signing their life away by walking in.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 6:20 PM

Cause that was over 2 hours ago and typically soundcheck doesn't go for 4 hours unless you're a real fucking dick. Did you think that maybe you can't park on Houston in front of the venue? Think before you type, it's not rocket science, Entwistle.

Posted by Uncle Tom | May 27, 2011 6:27 PM

Holy Shit, 20 minutes till showtime!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 7:09 PM

yeah because they are going to put giant trucks in front and then have to move them idiot. big trucks get permits and plant themselves outside the venue for the duration of the event. They don't show up for soundcheck and then driveaway and come back and re-park during the show moron.

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 7:11 PM

Well, as stated before, those trucks are not there, Eisenstien.

Posted by boy from the Cunt of Kentucky | May 27, 2011 7:21 PM

Well, I'm here at the show and the only vehicle parked outside is a Sabras van that's giving out sampler packs of it's latest hummus blends

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 8:12 PM

How's the taste?

Posted by Kunt | May 27, 2011 8:28 PM

sabra is the best

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2011 8:48 PM

a lot of famous peoples there last night

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 9:04 AM

so what was it?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 9:16 AM

alice cooper tribute band

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 9:20 AM

"a lot of famous peoples there last night"

Janeane Garofalo's Stanky cooter?

Courtney Love's dessicated brain pan?

Father Guido Sarducci?

Juan Valdez?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 9:47 AM

Spike Jonze was filming the whole concert last night (both onstage and in the crowd). Half the cast of SNL was in the crowd.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 10:14 AM

It was a comedy-musical group that parodied 80s new-wave - a lot of songs about crying. It was hilarious.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 10:16 AM

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 10:27 AM

It wasn't hilarious.. actually it was quite lame. Sounded like a sketch d.r.a.w.n. out too long."Famous people" or not, the packed crowd thinned out a bit when the secret was over and the band took the stage. Not the worst way to spend an evening, but given the possibilities we were hoping for- very forgetable.I can understand why it was never confirmed who the band was, because if it had been,I'm sure more than a few of us wouldn't have wasted our time.Why not be straight about it all and let their fans be there?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 10:48 AM

10:48 - i thought it was fun.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 10:52 AM

so did i @1052

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 11:57 AM

It's 2011 and they're doing a parody if an 80s new wave band. Um, riiiight...

PS: Mike Meyers still doesn't know who Morrissey is.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 12:01 PM

People will try to rationalize this event and say they "thought it was fun." The fact remains, when you bought tickets you were expecting something HUGE. This was definitely not it. Don't try to disguise what was actually an inevitably underwhelming disappointment.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 12:28 PM

"Since our postings, Modern Weepers management contacted us"

Was this before or after they paid you to post the original article?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 12:37 PM

I couldn't have cared less since the first BV posting about this. Total whatever. But the people who are still whining about this show and BV's small hand in promoting it need a thorough ass kicking. What kind of lives you must have that this even matters to you.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 12:43 PM

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 12:50 PM

"@1228 i bought my tickets after i knew who it was, when they put them back onsale a few days before the show."

Calling you a loser does not even begin to describe what a waste of life you are.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 12:57 PM

I had a swell time at this show, I was the fellow in the corner with the rather large hat dipping a scone into my cocktail discussing matters of the latest fashionable teardrop containers while tripping on 14 sheets of LSD with my friend "Herman" who once met the Modern Weepers in a Manchester hummus shack around 2007. We enjoyed the frantic guitar solo in their one song "Chipper Wipper Disco Slipper" and felt that it was reminiscent of a food processor that has gone hay-wire. Truly a magical show... Bravo I say! Bravo!

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 2:06 PM

Oh no! I saw spike jonze film a gag gig better than half the nyc nonsense shows during the week for 10 bucks! I better keep complaining...

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 2:22 PM

@1257: paying 10 bucks to see mike meyers and fred armisen pretend to be a new-wave band at a small club in manhattan does not make you a loser. why do you hate the world? stop cutting yourself

and please tell me what you were you doing last night from 9pm to 10pm, i'll slice my tits off if it is 1/8 as interesting as that show was.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 4:30 PM

12:28 it was kind of huge. Big stars on stage, stars in the audience, a tiny venue, extremely well-regarded director roaming the crowd filming it all, funny songs. I don't need any convincing to know that I had a great time.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 5:06 PM

4:37, yes in fact it does make you a loser. Sorry to wake you up to that fact. Whatever I was doing from that time other than this was much much better. Hell picking your nose for an hour is better than this.

5:06, Big Stars? Where? The cast of SNL? Mike Myers and Fred Armisen? LOlOLOLO, Yeah huge stars and huge event. I'm sure the paparazzi were all over the place. You may not need any convincing cause apparently you are delusional.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 5:18 PM

5:18 -- you're a big baby.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 5:34 PM

You're all grounded.

Posted by Dad | May 28, 2011 5:43 PM

518 is a man with a vagina

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 5:52 PM

@518 - you're really just a fucking idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 5:53 PM

So 5:18 wasn't even at the show? Why is he so angry?

Buzzkill.

Posted by Jared | May 28, 2011 6:01 PM

do you enjoy concerts more when there there are famous people in audience? It helps validates your choice?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 7:17 PM

When celebrities are at the show it increases the potential for cocaine and trophy fucking exponentially.

I like how there are one or two haters on this thread who keep baiting 5 to 7 people.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 7:28 PM

I like how there are always a few in every thread who claim they know how many people are making comments. Pro or Con.
Tell me 7:28, do you have some secret key ring that allows you to see IP addresses? Or is it just you trying to minimize the number of people who disagree with your feelings about the show in some misguided attempt to make yourself feel better about going?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 8:03 PM

Also, do you really have to be at every show to know if it sucked or if it was lame? A friend just called me to tell me some homeless guy right now is putting on a show on the corner of 10th Ave and 17th street for people. He is shitting and vomiting at will for anyone who wants to see. Now do i have to be there to know it will be a disgusting and smelly event?

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 8:11 PM

You're grammatical syntax gave you away. Sorry bud.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 9:37 PM

aaaot's really fucking stupid that everyone here comments as anonymous. For instance, It'd be nice to put an internet name to the virgin who makes a hummus joke every half hour while giggling in his Lord of the Rings pajamas.

Posted by Biff Wellington | May 28, 2011 9:52 PM

9:37-Wayyyyy too much time you have geek. Get a life bud.

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 10:09 PM

i am not wearing lord of the rings pajamas... in fact i do not require sleep because the powerful phyto-nutrients locked within the chickpea give me undying energy and stamina.

Posted by hummus guy | May 28, 2011 10:45 PM

10:09 exposed and crying about it

Posted by Anonymous | May 28, 2011 11:04 PM

@Dad/5:43 LOL/BEST COMMENT ... to the rest of you all, you need to stop hating. this has been one of the funniest comment listings i've ever read. the fact that some of you would come up with these BV conspiracy theories and call each other ridiculous names just makes me laugh even harder

Posted by frustrated with haters | May 29, 2011 12:01 AM

@1201 I think we're all just frustrated with the one guy who is blindly trashing this show on the thread even though he didn't go to the concert.

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2011 12:17 AM

this board is just so sad.

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2011 2:52 AM

The board is not sad. It is fascinating. With all the conspiracy theories. In the last 7 or so hours it went from 2 negative people to now being just one guy "exposed" It is so pathetic and hilarious.

Please keep it a comin.

Posted by Please think I am that one exposed person. I beg you. | May 29, 2011 3:09 AM

who are the Modern Weepers?

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2011 12:23 PM

It was fun. If you didn't go, you were too afraid to go out.

Posted by Anonymous | May 29, 2011 1:19 PM

Sorry I missed the Weepers. I was at a photo session.

Posted by Anthony Weiner's junk | May 29, 2011 2:34 PM