Posted in music | tour dates on May 5, 2011

by Bill Pearis

Flock of Dimes

When Jenn Wasner isn't busy with her band Wye Oak (whose new album Civilian is amazing), she makes music as Flock of Dimes. She makes her NYC debut under this name on Saturday night (5/7) at Glasslands with fellow Baltimorians White Life and Other Colors. How did Flock of Dimes come to be? Bmore Musically Informed got the scoop:

I was in-between tours, and feeling crazy and maybe a bit overambitious. I decided that the only way I would follow through with making as much new music as I could while at home would be to set a deadline. That morning my friend Ben asked me to play a show at his house. I impulsively agreed. The 5 songs I wrote and recorded in the two weeks preceding the show became Flock of Dimes.
You can check out a stream of Flock of Dimes' "Prison Bride" at the bottom of this post.

As for Jenn's other band, Wye Oak play the music of Dinosaur Jr as part of the Our Band Could Be Your Life 10th Anniversary show at Bowery Ballroom on May 22 (sold out) that also features Dirty Projectors (playing Black Flag), Delicate Steve (playing Minutemen), Ted Leo (playing Minor Threat), Titus Andronicus (The Replacements) Tune-Yards (Sonic Youth), Dan Deacon (Butthole Surfers), St. Vincent (Big Black), and Buke & Gass (Fugazi). Wye Oak then head off on a European tour before coming back to the U.S. for various festivals (Lollapalooza, Outside Lands). All dates below...

Flock of Dimes - "Prison Bride"
Flock of Dimes - Prison Bride by friendsrecords

Flock of Dimes

Wye Oak -- 2011 Tour Dates
Sun May 22, 2011 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom
Sat May 28, 2011 George, WA Sasquatch Music Festival -
Fri Aug 05, 2011 Chicago, IL Lollapalooza -
Sat Aug 06, 2011 Chicago, IL Lollapalooza -
Sun Aug 07, 2011 Happy Valley, OR Pickathon -
Sun Aug 14, 2011 San Francisco, CA Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival

Anyone else really wanna fill that mouth up with hummus?

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2011 7:37 PM

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2011 7:49 PM

When I moved in with my girlfriend, she wanted to get a waterbed. I refused and told her I would only sleep with her if we purchased a hummus-bed and were able to listen to Wavves while we fucked. She refused to have sex with me but last night I drained the bed and filled it with Sabra hummus. The hummus is so smooth and velvety that it mimicks water very well and my girlfriend cannot tell the difference. I am trying to get her to use hummus-based lubricants but she is somewhat unsure.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2011 7:55 PM

I am involved in a relationship with this amazing nympho norweigien model. When we first started dating, she seemed a little upset with my performance in the bedroom, but as soon as I added hummus to my diet that situation has totally changed. Let me take this moment and pay homage to those lovely phyto-nutrients.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2011 8:19 PM

"Anyone else really wanna fill that mouth up with hummus?"

"^ please do not make sexual innuendos about hummus... I understand that the smooth consistency may turn you on, but try to contain yourself next time you see a tan substance sitting in a serving tray."

I'm sure a lot of twinks wanna fill your two (or one - probably same person) mouths with cum!

Ok, wow, that was TOO easy.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2011 10:26 AM

There's a big difference between "easy" and "worth typing" though.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2011 3:24 PM

True, but in the above instance, they wound up being both! Huzzah!

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2011 3:30 PM

Now the word hummus doesn't mean anything when I see it typed. Regardless, this song is amazing

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2011 2:43 PM