Posted in music | pictures on June 27, 2011

words & photos by Keith Marlowe

Fucked Up

285 Kent was super sold-out. There seemed to be a lot of hype around Iceage, who started the show. I'm not really sure why.

Jeff the Brotherhood followed and Jake kept getting shocked from the mic, so he put his sock over it to dampen the effect. Given how hot and sticky it was in there, that had to be kinda gross to put his mouth against. Nobody ever said rock'n'roll was easy. Or wouldn't involve singing into your sock.

Fucked Up soundchecked with the Game of Thrones intro song, which was really badass. It reminded me of when Slash played the Godfather theme at Guns shows. Damian seems to be on a workout regimen of powerlifting audience members to stay in shape. He also passed out waterbottles to the crowd to give him a shower, which had to be refreshing because it was motherfucking hot in that place. It seems to be cooled with a single air-conditioner in the back wall. It read 60 degrees, which I assume was celsius.

It was one of those shows that when it's over everybody in the front is literally drenched in sweat, and most of it other people's. Some guy wiped his face all over Damian's stomach pretty far into the set, and I could see Damian's gut sweat running off the dude's face after he did it. I honestly can't imagine ever being drunk enough to think doing that is a good idea, but whatever, it's a party.

Oh yeah, also, some dude was stagediving barefoot. Just for the record, dudes' feet are totally gross. If some guy is up on the crowd barefoot, and his toe goes in your eye or mouth, it is completely justifiable for you and your friends to stomp the ever-loving shit out of him to discourage any type of that hippie behavior in the future. Dudes' toes have absolutely no place at rock shows, unless you are taking your sock off to put it on a microphone......

More pictures Saturday night's show at 285, and a video, below...

Iceage

JEFF the brotherhood

JEFF the brotherhood

JEFF the brotherhood

JEFF the brotherhood

JEFF the brotherhood

Fucked Up

Wow, that first picture! Most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:21 AM

absolute shit review

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:22 AM

Brooklyn scensters/hipsters will never know great small sweaty shows that happened back in the days.....

grade, fugazi, dillinger escape plan, the locust, and etc.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:24 AM

I get why Damian is shirtless.
I get why some guy is being powerhombed by him.
I get why Mark Zuckerberg is in the audience.
What I don't get is the guy with the shirt rolled up above his nips Is that a Pride Parade escapee?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:25 AM

More coverage of F'd Up. I get it. He's fat and shirtless, just some BV sensationalist headline reporting. This place is like the fucking New York Post.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:28 AM

hipsters who think they know something about punk... hillarious.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:28 AM

Edan's "Edan Is Me" t-shirt rulez!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:29 AM

"it is completely justifiable for you and your friends to stomp the ever-loving shit out of him"

Um, no it's not... Has BV gone thug?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:30 AM

Maybe I'm not punk enough but I never got the entire "I need to be up front, crushed against the stage with liters of other peoples' sweat dripping onto me as I gasp for air" thing.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:30 AM

The Locust = Back in the day? Uh, wha?

Dillinger Escape Plan = Back in the day? Say when, please!?!?

BVegan Naive Music Fan Comment #1 . . . let the games begin . . .

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:30 AM

"More coverage of F'd Up. I get it. He's fat and shirtless"

If that's all you get about F'd Up then not only are you deaf, you are clueless and completely out of touch.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:34 AM

now that i've had my mid-morning puke...

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:34 AM

11:24: I know what your saying, I remember seeing Sick of It All at Wetlands and watching people pass out every couple of minutes. Not to mention the 100% oversold hardcore matinees at Coney Island High. But referring to Grade and Dillinger as back in the day did make me laugh.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:35 AM

Saw Fucked up last week and was pretty underwhelmed. I thought Off! blew them away.....

Posted by Blag the destroyer | June 27, 2011 11:36 AM

1135am. Did you ever see Grade or DEP at Knitting Factory?! Those shows were insane.

P.S. RIP Wetlands and Coney Island High...whatever happened to those venues?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Gayest review of a hipster punk show ever. What did I expect.

And, yeah 11:24 Grade?!

Wow, that's sad.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Hey, I got video from the show right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMYc1Hhc8ig

Posted by Maks | June 27, 2011 11:39 AM

Loved Wetlands. Also love Damian's belly. My love spans the decades.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:39 AM

Awful that the dude rubbing his face into that sweat has a cro mags shirt on. Bloodclot whatcha... Bloodclot!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:41 AM

Grade > F Up/Jeff/Iceage combined

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:43 AM

Watched iceage and went home

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:44 AM

Fucked Up are the best hardcore band of the post-millennium. Suck on it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:44 AM

wow, no fat jokes? that's a first. also, write-up (and i use the term loosely) sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:45 AM

Pride indeed.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:48 AM

Fucked Up are the new Black Flag.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:48 AM

Starting monday off with more fat fatty's!

Yay!

Don't listen punk hipsters .. just as fat as the old school fatsos!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:52 AM

Um, no it's not... Has BV gone thug?
Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:30 AM

AGREED!?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:53 AM

absolutely disgusting picture.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:56 AM

apologies, keith, for the gigantic hug post-show, especially now that i know it wasn't even your sweat i got smeared with. well, hopefully a drop or two came from the guy i like.

these photos are suitably gross, by the way. well done. as was the chaos in tejas series with harriet roberts. you guys make a great team.

Posted by jenna | June 27, 2011 11:57 AM

Someone should have stomped out that bearded asshole in the Louis Armstrong shirt who was taking tickets

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:58 AM

BV has not gone thug, relax. You are simply of the "pussy minded" and this is a thread about a "hardcore" band.

Stomping is a common practice at hard core shows since the invention of hard core music.

I would agree with you if that was suggested behaviour for a Warpaint show or something, but this is fine.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:00 PM

Grade was as fake as the dudes salon dreads

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:00 PM

You know, it pisses me off when I come here and read comment after comment criticizing Damian's weight. Yes, he's large but I highly doubt everyone here is in tip top condition. Most guys I see at shows are on the slender side but they often have that Grover body pooch going around their gut due to all the beer and bad food they consume. The fact that Damian can put on a high energy show day after day in that condition tells me he isn't all that in bad health or shape. You can be obese even if you're skinny, too, and as some of you sit behind your computers making fun of the fat kid, you're probably a few steps closer to a heart attack than he. If he were in lean muscular shape, you'd probably just rag on him for being a closet gay and flaunted your anti-workout ethic. There's no winning with you closed-minded "punks."

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:01 PM

>>>Fucked Up are the new Black Flag.

Interesting statement. I can't help but wonder if you actually know the gravity of those words. And, does this band have an iconic artist doing their album covers as well? Oh, and that would be Raymond Pettibon. You know, the guy who also did Sonic Youth's "Goo" and how Marc Jacob's appropriated for his fucking canvas bags a year ago when kids thought they were cool walking around with them while, I would bet, the vast majority had know idea what that album was or who did the art. Grrrrrrr. Sorry, that bugs me a bit. However, back to your Black Flag statement. It's a bold one; I'll give you that. Time will tell.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:02 PM

I am in great shape, but not gay great.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:14 PM

"The fact that Damian can put on a high energy show day after day in that condition tells me he isn't all that in bad health or shape"

Yet.

Anyways shits disgusting. I sincerely think it is a good thing that he gets dumped on for being a fat ass. America needs to make obesity shameful again. Too much of the country has become complacent to the point where it's socially acceptable.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:14 PM

12:02 RP is FAR from being obscure you dufus...

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:18 PM

"America needs to make obesity shameful again. Too much of the country has become complacent to the point where it's socially acceptable."

for the the record .. I am the annon fatty fat fatso poster.

But the above line doesn't seem complete to me because on the opposite side of the coin, the media seems to push rail thin anorexic bodies as "the norm" ...mostly to women. I think that's where the "feel good fatty" message comes from. To balance that out a bit.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:25 PM

You ain't fat you ain't nuthin!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:27 PM

Would've been quite fitting if Fucked Up performed "I've Got Cum!" as the closer. Sort of as a salute to all ya BV c___s.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:32 PM

"It's all nonsense dummies."

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:33 PM

snuck into the show since it was "sold out" only to be kicked out by that nazi with the beard checking tickets after he came into the crowd looking for me. who the fuck kicks someone out of a punk show.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:34 PM

canadians are fatties.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:35 PM

What a great angry skinny dudes and computer jockies put your hands and the air and stomp concert

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:36 PM

if fucked up is the new black flag then punk is officially dead

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:38 PM

"It's absolutely not nonsense, it's a serious issue. Being obese is a serious drain on this country's health and it's resources. It's not acceptable and shouldn't be treated as such."

I remember hearing Ted Nugent saying something along these lines. I forget who he was talking with though.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:39 PM

Dear all of you "professional" photographers:
I appreciate the pictures, however we don't need 12 of you in the front of the stage at every damn show blocking our view of the band. Some of us actually pay money to see and enjoy the band, not the back of your cameras. I was near the front at 285 and could barely see because of all of you. Going forward, please move back or risk your cameras' destruction. Thanks for your time.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:39 PM

"It's absolutely not nonsense"

Sure it is. Not that i am disputing your health concerns.

But being "shamed" into anything is a choice to agree with someone elses's point of view.

Do you think Damian can be "shamed" into changing his body shape? I doubt he gives a fuck and kudos to him in my opinion ...because again...you know .. the whole image thing is nonsense..

There are perfectly healthy big boned/fat peeps out there.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:43 PM

@12:34pm: a sold out show at a shady venue filled to capacity; big bands that cost money to have,and you think you can just go in and do whatever you want. It's not your living room. Should have bought tickets like everyone else did. Free and Punk are not two words that ever go together.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:44 PM

@12:39pm: Most venues don't really accommodate Photographers, its a free for all for space. You wouldn't see photos or video of the event if they weren't there. Alas, I was on top of the speakers, not blocking the view of the band when I took my photos and videos.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:51 PM

"Do you think Damian can be "shamed" into changing his body shape?"

Maybe not, but it could inspire a 14 year old into getting into the gym. It's called setting standards...

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:51 PM

How much more coverage does this band need? really. They are the token "cool" hardcore band on an indie rock label.

dont get it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 12:55 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a bit and it tasted like poutine

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:00 PM

they make good music and put on an amazing show. personally, i like bands that make good music and put on amazing shows.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:00 PM

11:38- Wetlands property was bought by De Niro, and Coney Island High just closed down. Not really sure why. Great venues.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:04 PM

Sweatglands was great... saw Inspecter 7 and Mephiskapheles there at least 2 million times. Actually, same at Coney Island High...

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:08 PM

"It's all nonsense dummies. Enjoy your own image or be a slave to others. simple as that."

IT'S NOT ABOUT IMAGE, IT'S ABOUT BEING HEALTHY

"There are perfectly healthy big boned/fat peeps out there."

YOU MUST BE ONE OF THEM AND NO YOU ARE NOT HEALTHY

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:12 PM

this is called nostalgia

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:12 PM

To punctuate 1:12pm comment, I don't know why you'd want to cause your pee pee to look small and have a tough time getting hard.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:18 PM

@12:34 - Agreed. That guy was an asshole who needed to get stomped. He was even turning down bribes...

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:19 PM

LOUD NOISES!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:26 PM

My girlfriend had to suck that bearded door guy off in order to get us in. She tried kissing me later that night and I said, "uh uh, you're getting tested asap and until the results come back clean, we're not doing anything."

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:28 PM

The f'd up street team is earning their money propping up their band in this comment $ection. the revolution will be blogophied.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:31 PM

bearded door guy is todd p intern?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:31 PM

1:28-Don't you mean that you are having YOUR stomach contents tested after you had her spit in your mouth?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:37 PM

@ 1:12

Hey your the one using lard ass caps. That's exactly how fat people type, with big caps ...like ...HEY OUTTA THE WAY PEOPLE, I NEEDS A CHEESEBOGGER

(my physique) I'm about one or two clicks from "gay in shape". Just too lazy/married to do the full no carb/mega rep thing.

If you think that image has nothing to do with the conflicting media messages of "be this skinny or people won't like you" and "it's ok to be overweight to the point of being unhealthy" then ... well .. then nothing. That's your point of view and I hope you enjoy it. Although I doubt it will solve the problem you are talking about.

That said, I would be interested in sending 1:18 a photo/text of my pee pee.. not trying to prove anything...just offering in case you want to get to know me a little better.

CAN WE PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC? (fat caps)

Fatty fuckface has a freakin' fabulous rock show and fist picture posted is of his gut. Fucked up.

Pic #1 is a blantant whale rip off ...dude is so unoriginal.

New record rocks! btw

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:38 PM

No 1:37, I didn't let her near my lips to exchange any saliva. I don't even know why I let her do it. The show was okay but it was hard to see anything. If she didn't catch something from the bearded door guy, we probably walked away with something due to all the sweat bacteria.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:39 PM

^you should probably fill your bathtub with Purell

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:48 PM

if that fat fuck went on a vegan hummus diet he could lose 100 pounds in a couple of months. then he would look henry rollins or an angry lesbian.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:51 PM

iceage and jeff the brotherhood are amazing and don't sound like anyone out there right now. fucked up are horrible.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:51 PM

1:51, I'm assuming that was sarcasm but if not... uhh, Jeff the Brotherhood sound like '90s Weezer mashed with '70s era Detroit rock city.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:55 PM

first Sleep and now Fucked Up. The end fat rock movement is really beginning to get legs! I feel like I am in Selma in '65....

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 1:57 PM

this looks so fucking lame

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:03 PM

1:51 is about 19 and started listening to music 3 years ago. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it doesn't post comments.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:11 PM

all these bands suck balls

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:20 PM

i like to lick sweat off fat men's chests.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:24 PM

I get why Damian is shirtless.
I get why some guy is being powerhombed by him.
I get why Mark Zuckerberg is in the audience.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 11:25 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:32 PM

speaking of grade, fucked up sounds like grade. that's a bad thing!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:34 PM

END FAT ROCK!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:34 PM

^ here here

each one
reach one
teach one

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:40 PM

Fatty does it again .. 81 comments.

I rest my case ...of french fries.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:45 PM

Yeah! End it! Go with the tried and true BV commenter method of losing weight with AIDS! Just like Jared! Subscribe to this diet plan today and get a free 2 gallon pitcher of semen to start ya off!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:49 PM

I thought the BV plan was cocaine?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:53 PM

So that's why so many BVers eat/talk about hummus? Because it works better than the AZT?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:54 PM

1:38pm, you can definitely send me a pic. Should I list my e-mail here if that's alright with you?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 2:58 PM

"I thought the BV plan was cocaine?"

Naw, those were just the 15 year-old girls who dress up in those neon trendy clothes and wear those big sunglasses.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:03 PM

really?!?! ^^^

You are an angel and have made me feel so awesome by showing interest in my pee pee. I would love to. Thanks again.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:03 PM

Yeah just send it over to matthend2020@gmail.com.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:11 PM

cpfitz@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:12 PM

Back to the music...that is if any of you care about such trivials. JEFF benefited most in 285 Kent because they have a stripped down, three-stringed guitar setup. Less frequencies to bounce off those concrete walls. I like the Iceage record but they were a blurry, distorted, echoey mess, which only got a little better after the lead guy put down his guitar and concentrated on his mic duties.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:15 PM

rf2020@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:16 PM

toddp@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:17 PM

I didn't know Fat Joe was in a rock band

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:21 PM

Keep talking 3:15

I'm getting a little nervous about sending my ding a ling out in cyberspace.

I'm suprised that room had no acoustic treament. Please let me know if you saw any foam or tiling anywhere. Where were the main monitors pointed?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:24 PM

friends don't let friends ROCK FAT

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:33 PM

ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS NEED TO GET A JOB! YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:44 PM

I walk around in the nude. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:45 PM

3:44 we're positing at our jobs fatso

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:48 PM

So James Murphy shaves his head now?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:52 PM

3:44

More "fat Caps" ..we got another porker on board. (applause) I can almost see little crumbs on your post.

At work and don't feel like working.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 3:53 PM

The only reason this band is famous is because hipsters like to go enjoy the naked fat man ironically and half a laugh while pretending that they care about punk.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:00 PM

3:24, still haven't received your picture. Don't worry, it's safe with me when you choose to send it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:05 PM

3:53-"At work and don't feel like working".
I hope an illegal takes your job you lazy bitch

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:06 PM

Jesus, this is going to eclipse the Dino Jr. thread with the number of comments. At least in that one it wasn't just bitching about fat fucks.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:09 PM

haha 4:06 has a shitty enough job that he is worried about illegals....

Kudos to the brave leaders of the 'end fat rock' movement. Fat rock demeans us all.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:12 PM

3:53, I hope someone who's been unemployed for for over a year takes your job and actually appreciates it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:14 PM

4:06

Correct. I am feeling lazy today. An illegal will not be able to take my job though so I feel ok about.

4:05

Gimmie some time. I am working up the courage. Maybe it is smaller than most.... but I stand by my "1-2 clicks above gay in shape" statement

Plus i got busted twice in my office with said pee pee hanging out and camera phone in hand.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:18 PM

/bv/

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:18 PM

The End Fat rock moment...

-drummer from Best Coast
-bassist from Sleep
-singer from Fucked Up

Who's up next?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:20 PM

More tickets to LCD Soundsystem's final show at MSG just went on sale.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:20 PM

More tickets to LCD Soundsystem's final show at MSG just went on sale.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:24 PM

You know I thought Colin Meloy woudl be on "the list" but as it turns out he is literally just "big boned" in the head

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:24 PM

- Everyone in Wavves except Nathan

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:26 PM

"The End Fat rock moment...

-drummer from Best Coast
-bassist from Sleep
-singer from Fucked Up

Who's up next?"

Your mom.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:26 PM

Let's end anorexic coke binging in rock before we take away from the fries from the fatties first.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:28 PM

4:12-wrong asshole. no such thing as a shitty job. a job is a job dickbag. your fucking lucky you have a job if you actually do i would be surprised. if you do, it would be nice so i could break you fucking kneecaps so you couldn't be able to go to your job no more. hope you have health insurance bitch!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:30 PM

Frank Black is the og fat rocker

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:30 PM

4:30 is poor :(

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:32 PM

Adelle ... DUH!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:34 PM

um.. no. this place is absolutely nothing like the ny post.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:35 PM

Yes Frank Black! Add that MF.

"if you do, it would be nice so i could break you fucking kneecaps so you couldn't be able to go to your job no more. "

Sounds like someone is out of work which is no laughing matter. Sorry.

I actually did and do work hard at times. Just not now ..sorry kneecap breaker! (good money in that! But not online kneecap breaking ..that's lame)

I bet you're not fat.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:36 PM

Jack White is a couple of caddy canes away from being in the club.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:37 PM

i love that f*cking picture. you guys are a bunch of pu$$ies.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:40 PM

Only poor people worry about losing their jobs.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:44 PM

Shout out to OG Tad Doyle

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:45 PM

"America needs to make obesity shameful again"

Fucked Up is from Canada, so I guess that doesn't apply to Damian?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:52 PM

Haha, Tad Doyle. Now There's a name I haven't heard in a while!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 4:56 PM

That dude getting a face full of sweaty belly is my new idol

I used to see TAD at the Off Ramp in Seattle

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 5:11 PM

The real topic should be how photographers and people who hold up their phones to "record" the magic of a live performance, have killed the experience. In particular, BV photographers walk around like they are part of the entourage . . . let's not confuse these hanger-ons with what makes live experience so important.

Put down your cameras and phones, folks. Live the show, first-hand.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 5:27 PM

JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD IS THE HOTTEST BAND EVER. I WANNA DIP MY BALLZ IN IT.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 6:50 PM

^ The State FTW!

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 8:35 PM

Oh...this week we're banning fat people from punk rock. Guess it's time to throw away my Minutemen, Husker Du and Big Boys records. Uhm...no. Idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 9:30 PM

POISON IDEA

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2011 10:47 PM

@3:15PM The problem with Iceage was that the guitars were way quiet. Though it did help when the dude went nuts swinging the mic stand around.

re: Fucked Up, good set but I wish they played for a bit longer....where was the "Crusades" encore?

Posted by Andrew | June 27, 2011 11:51 PM

So can we start taglining this type of music as "hipstercore" because if we need a meaningless, shallow label on what bands like Fucked Up are, that should be it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2011 9:35 AM

These pictures remind me of that scene in Jackass 3D where they wrap Preston Lacy in plastic and put him on the exercise bike and collect his sweat so Steve-o can drink it. Truly brutal to watch, both.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2011 10:05 AM

How many shirtless guys with tattoos do we need to see on this site until it gets to be ridiculous?

Posted by Badger | June 28, 2011 1:54 PM

Fucked Up arent Black Flag. They're a pussyfoot Poison Idea... less fat and less real.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2011 2:12 PM

Like you know anything about Black Flag, 2:12. I saw them in 1985 at Irving Plaza and it was fucking nuts. I also saw Fucked Up at this show and it was equally as good. Except that Pink Eye is actually a good guy, while Henry Rollins is a douchebag.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2011 2:28 PM

^I saw Black Flag earlier than 1985 and have also seen Fucked Up several times...and they are no Black Flag.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2011 7:26 PM

ok guys

chill
the music is super new sounding. i wouldn't say they're like black flag musically, but I think they're possibly just as innovative.

as for the singer, yea he is big. But he came off as one of the nicest frontmen of any band I've ever seen.

And for the people saying that the crowd looks like no fun, It was really all smiles. Some hardcore shows have this angry, negative vibe to them, but this was a sincerely a great time.

If you don't like the music, thats fine. But if you're judging the band by concert photos, get a life.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2011 10:07 PM

Fucked Up invented hardcore. Minor Threat and Black Flag just pissed in a pot, and let it simmer until someone who actually knew what they were doing came along.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2011 8:33 AM

^Ha Ha! Either pure sarcasm or one of the most ill-informed 12 year old kids who ever trolled this blog.

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2011 6:16 PM

Pure sarcasm for your comedic pleasure ;)

Posted by Anonymous | July 1, 2011 8:56 AM

Hummus and Pita! our home and native snack!
True vegan treat - love in all hipsters command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The chickpea strong and free!
And stand on guard, Hummus and Pita,
We stand on guard for thee.

Posted by Anonymous | July 1, 2011 9:28 AM

GAAAAAAAAAAA 1:31!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 1, 2011 12:32 PM

"toes have no place at a show."

how punk rock of you.