Posted in music | tour dates on June 17, 2011

Thee Oh Sees @ Summerstage in 2010 (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)
Death By Audio

Death By Audio lists tonight's show like this:

6.17 -$5- (doors are at 10pm for this show)
.??S
.?R?
.R?
Well, we may know at least one band on the bill. Thee Oh Sees play Brooklyn Bowl Saturday (6/18) but list "06-17 shhhhhhh...." on their website (thanks Maxim), so it's either them or there are two secret shows. Who do you think the other bands are?

Adventure, CO LA (Matt Papich of Ecstatic Sunshine), and Weekends were supposed to play Death by Audio Friday night, but that show was cancelled. Weekends will instead open for Dom at Brooklyn Bowl.

To add to the mystery, a "Surprise special guest" is also listed on the Saturday Thee Oh Sees Brooklyn Bowl show that Yellow Dogs, and Emil and Friends are also playing. Who's playing that one?

All Thee Oh Sees dates below...

Thee Oh Sees -- 2011 Tour Dates
06-17 shhhhhhh....
06-18 northside festival brooklyn bowl
06-25 /06-26 sled island fest in calgary 2 shows introducing Lars Finberg, our new second drummer!!
07-23/07-24 2 shows in chicago, will know more when our booker coughs up specifics
07-31 woodsist fest big sur
09-04 bumbershoot festival seattle washington
09-05 vancouver BC the biltmore cabaret
3 BIG JUICY DAYS OFF (ANY IDEAS FOR FUN?)
09-9 portland star theater all ages show
10-16 Treasure island fest san francisco
NOVEMBER TOUR WITH TOTAL CONTROL (THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED) FROM MELBOURNE TBA SOON!

modern reepers

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 1:54 AM

PBR?

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 2:56 AM

Wow secret show!
Who cares? What you you are sixteen years old bv.?

Posted by Eretz zion | June 17, 2011 4:29 AM

wish I could see both puerto rico flowers and iceage, bummer.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 6:21 AM

LCD Soundsystem reunion
A Frohawk and a Hacksaw

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 7:14 AM

Meh.

Decent band, but they are not big enough to be a surprise. I am
more surprised that people would consider them a surprise.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 7:57 AM

^^Right? They only played a million times here last summer too.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 8:18 AM

pshhh the only shows that matter this weekend are:
1) Friday-The Books and Oneida
2) Onedia and GBV
3) Bang on A Can

Ofcourse BV doesn't even mention anything about Oneida.....

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 8:35 AM

Can't be GBV, seeing them tonight in Philly.

Posted by citybug | June 17, 2011 8:45 AM

There's nothing 'meh' about Thee Oh Sees.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 8:52 AM

"Who cares?"

I care! Thee Oh Sees will rule Death By Audio if this is true. thanks!

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 9:24 AM

"Ofcourse BV doesn't even mention anything about Oneida....."

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 9:39 AM

"I can't believe there is no coverage about all the Oneida events this weekend. And there is another band with no coverage, but I will wait until after I get tickets...."

Whoever wrote that is a very sick person.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 9:43 AM

@943 im confused.....

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 9:52 AM

YAWN

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 10:05 AM

do i need a fucking badge for this shit or something?

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 10:11 AM

@8:35: Are you kidding me? This weekend has an insane number of good shows happening thanks to Northside Fest. You're either a Oneida groupie or completely retarded. I guess the former would also suggest the latter.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 10:30 AM

no badges will be honored, if you have a lanyard around your neck you will be sent home.

Posted by edan | June 17, 2011 11:10 AM

@1030 thanks northside employee or intern.

if you think any bands playing this weekend are better than gbv, oneida, the books, and performers from bang on a can, you can list your shows/bands below.

btw northside is washed up version of cmj. nothing great at all.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 11:15 AM

Hey you guys, I'm trying to rank every band in order of who is best. Help?

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 11:28 AM

@11:15: Nope. Just a fan speaking here. Washed up? It's a festival still in it's infancy that keeps getting better each year. I'm not going to bother listing bands because my efforts would be wasted on you, but I find myself torn between 3-4 shows every night, which certainly didn't happen at last year's CMJ.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 11:30 AM

@1130am. exactly my point. you say you find yourself torn between 3-4 shows yet you can't even name them. why? because you think you're going to better shows than oneida, gbv, the books, and etc?

give me a break.

I'd like to see the list of shows you're talking about and we can talk.

If you think northside has better line-up than cmj, you obviously don't even go to enough shows.

BV cmj show at public assembly last year alone owns anything that northside has to offer.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 11:45 AM

What's really separating Northside's music portion from a typically good summer concert weekend in Brooklyn? Badge access?

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 11:49 AM

Yes, Thee Oh Sees, and the other two bands are Reading Rainbow and X-Ray Eyeballs. Judging from the not-so-subtle hint on DBA's radio show.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 11:57 AM

Reading Rainbow was great last night at Bruar Falls btw

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 12:33 PM

I like how 11:45 talks about how bands are "better" than other bands like it's a definitive thing. Like you're the Grammy's or something. I can't wait til you crown a victor of the Northside Festival.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 12:39 PM

thanks northside intern aka 12:39pm. no one cares what you're talking about!

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 12:44 PM

1030am, 1130am and 1239am = hummus idiot

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 1:57 PM

"Nope. Just a fan speaking here. Washed up? It's a festival still in it's infancy that keeps getting better each year. I'm not going to bother listing bands because my efforts would be wasted on you, but I find myself torn between 3-4 shows every night, which certainly didn't happen at last year's CMJ."

Wow, you definitely work for Northside. Torn between 3-4 shows? Really?!? Please give me an example.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 3:09 PM

I dunno, I could see a lot of undiscerning idiots being torn between that many shows this evening

Posted by BUMMONYMOUS | June 17, 2011 3:34 PM

I take it back, there is plenty of good shit. Iceage is sick, The Men are Sick, OCS are sick, Milk Music is sick, Oneida is pretty sick (miss u Papa CRZY, probs some more.

Posted by BUMMER IS BACK | June 17, 2011 3:44 PM

Excuse me 1:57 PM... But a man who eats hummus is far from being an idiot. As a matter of fact, most studies show that the phyto-nutrients locked within the chickpea are great for brain health and may actually increase your IQ.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 5:28 PM

Modern Weepers secret show.

All those bands 3:44 PM are sick with colds from the rain?

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 5:42 PM

fuck every hater. why cant people just be happy that there are shows going on, regardless if its northside or another festival. you guys live in the city that never sleeps (and apparently never stops complaining) with so many shows/events to choose from everyday. instead of ripping a new asshole on the latest buzz band or bands that have been doing this day in/dayout for X amount of years, you trying making music. you sacrifice your time and patience and go out on the road and play to 10 people and/or assholes.

thee ohsee are the hardest workin band right now and they deserve all the praise. if you go to the show tonight you will see what i mean, pure rock n roll. magical moments in psych rock. and if that aint your thing there are thankfully a shit ton of other shows to go to.

go to the shows you care about and leave behind those you dont.

i would like to also state im no intern, just a music fan upset with the current state of other "fans"

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 7:06 PM

Its OK 7:06 PM screw those jerks.

Cant wait for the Modern Weepers to play at DBA.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2011 7:34 PM

hipsters behind a computer skreen

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2011 10:25 AM