Posted in metal | music on June 12, 2011

by BBG

Anal Cunt at Public Assembly (more by Justina Villanueva)
Anal Cunt

Kim Kelly of Catharsis PR confirms (via her personal blog):

"Yes, it's true. Seth Putnam, one of the most infamous musicians that extreme metal has ever seen, the grindcore GG Allin, has passed away due to a heart attack.

I handled all the promotion for Anal Cunt's last album, Fuckin' A, and Seth was always happy to oblige any request I sent his way. The band had been working on a new album before his passing, so chances are his musical career's epitaph has yet to be inscribed.

I want to remind everyone that no matter how outrageous and controversial his musical career has been, Seth was still a human being with friends and family that loved him. I'm hoping that the internet will remember that. This is a very sad and trying time for those that knew him, and the last thing they need to see is an outpouring of messageboard hate. The man lived and died by his own rules; if anything, respect him for that."

Besides being a member of Anal Cunt, Putnam was also a member of the legendary Siege and made guest appearances on albums by Napalm Death, Pantera, Today is The Day, Psycho, Slapshot, Scissorfight, Eyehategod, Kilslug, Brutal Truth, Incantation, and countless others. Rest in Peace, Putnam.... much like you did after going into a coma, I know you're probably writing a song about this right now.

Wait...does this stupid cunt really want us to "not be mean" about this tubby faggot dying? Hahaha

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 1:05 PM

I'll never forget the time I put on a show with Anal Cunt at TriBeCa Rock Club in 2004 por 2005. After the show Seth asked me what street corner he could go to and have the best chance of scoring cocaine. His mom was standing right next to him. They both took off in the bands van. But left the band and all the gear behind... And of course he had no cell phone.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 1:24 PM

Good riddance.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 1:29 PM

He was full of witty stage banter while on stage.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 1:44 PM

he loved niggers

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 1:51 PM

BUT HE WAS SO FULL OF LIFE

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 2:04 PM

Seth was fuckin' awesome! His most radical band was Vaginal Jesus ! Google that + blogspot,and you will find a free download of it somewhere! And come by my site at :
http://sluggisha.blogspot.com for music you will find nowhere else,including a semi- Anal Cunt tribute band ,"Beaverbag" !
plus tons more great music you will not hear anywhere else!!
-G O D

Posted by G O D | June 12, 2011 2:10 PM

just saw him in austin on the fuckin A tour , and he fuckin killed it. another dead hero. rest in peace brother!

Posted by jwills | June 12, 2011 2:16 PM

(you're gay)

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 2:23 PM

Sucks, but I'm not completely surprised. Yet, I'm somewhat in shock.

RIP Seth, you provided me with quite some entertainment.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 2:29 PM

@1:05pm

This stupid cunt doesn't want his grieving mother, family and friends to have to deal with seeing horrible comments about their deceased loved one from jackoffs who've never met him.

-KK

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 2:37 PM

i'm going to show up at the funeral and throw a brick into the crowd.

i like it when you die.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 2:40 PM

Right on, 2:37!

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 2:45 PM

KK,
You had to know what was coming your way here when you put your statement the way you put it.
Although I agree that people are disgusting, your statement was poorly composed.

Posted by Zero the Hero | June 12, 2011 3:30 PM

Posted by Chris | June 12, 2011 4:01 PM

you guys are right. why do something stupid like starting a band when you can just spend all day writing nasty comments on a message board in order to feel better about yourself?

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 4:24 PM

Yo Zero the Hero et al, my "statement" was a reaction I posted on my personal blog, as someone who has worked with the man and knows how badly his friends & family are hurting. MY blog, not any kind of official website. This was not an official statement. This was what I was thinking.

Blabbermouth pulled it from there without asking me my consent/confirming that it was meant to be any kind of "official" statement. They did the same with my Twitter posts, and every website pulled their news from them.

I assure you, an actual official press release would have been worded a bit differently, but unfortunately I wasn't given the opportunity to write one.

Posted by KK | June 12, 2011 4:29 PM

RIP best band name ever

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 4:40 PM

Yeah, I completely agree with 4:24 and back up what KK is saying here. Just imagine how you would feel if these comments were about if your favorite indie hero just died.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 4:44 PM

"But Seth was an artist who was expressing himself. He also had real feelings and people who loved him!"

Oh yeah?! Here's a witty rejoinder for ya: Fuck you.

Spending your life spewing hate (even if it's somewhat ironic), and still expecting people to care is a pretty tall order.

The only reason I can imagine anyone defending Seth in death is because they feel guilty for not feeling worse about his death than they actually do.

Posted by Chris | June 12, 2011 4:54 PM

"Like anyone is supposed to give a shit about a fucking waste of space like seth putnam? Sure, he was funny in that "I'm in my 40s and haven't matured past 7th grade" sorta way, but spewing vitriolic ooze over guitars that sound like shit had about all the charm of a pack of hemorrhoids. Reading the liner notes was all you really needed for the anal cunt experience. I think it takes a lot of balls to implore people to show sensitivity for this asshole."

Substitute "Tyler the Creator" for "Seth Putnam" and "Odd Future" for "Anal Cunt" and you've got any of a dozen current Brooklynvegan threads.

I was always shocked at how friendly and amiable Putnam was. Rest in peace, Seth.

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | June 12, 2011 4:59 PM

Here is someone who wrote many hateful, although at times humorous lyrics, was most probably a drug addict, and releases a "press" photo of himself getting a blowjob while shooting up.

Yeah, people are going to say really kind things about him now that he's gone. lol.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 6:58 PM

Agreed, 6:58. Why are we suddenly supposed to support and show sympathy for a man who dedicated his life to hatred of everything and everyone?

People's minds suddenly turn to mush when someone dies.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:14 PM

Kim, you're a moron. Just because you might have had positive experiences with this guy doesn't take away from the fact that he spent his life spewing hate towards everyone. Dude was a bigoted, pathetic drug addict and quite frankly you have no right telling people to take it easy on him.

Plus, the music he made was always godawful. Fuck him, he doesn't deserve any respect.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:20 PM

Do you know why she had to request people keep comments about his death civil? Because he was an awful human being and was not nice towards anyone. He got into fights at his shows. He was openly racist and homophobic. But now in death she's trying to control the story and ask people to respect him. Fuck that, he did nothing to command respect. This is a perfect example of reaping what you sow.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:25 PM

dear kim kelly

HA Hahahahahaha ha ha ha ha ha

Caring that seth putnam is dead makes you a gay faggot nigger kike cum whore that should be beaten because you were born with a vagina

(how does that sound? did we cover all the pertinent AC topics?)

sincerely
everyone with an IQ over 70

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:31 PM

also can we get the address to forward our sympathies?

and by that I mean a box of shit for that corpse and his white trash family/friends

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:35 PM

Lulz, BV making me proud.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:45 PM

I just listened to AC for the first time.

Sean Putnam > Tyler of Odd Future
(my new name for him since he actually creates nothing.)

And what kind of Black Kid is named Tyler?

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:47 PM

Someone should introduce Kim Kelly to Colin P Fith. They both suck at the internet. I think they'd hit it off...

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 7:49 PM

Hardcore was changed forever because of this man and his band Siege.

RIP Seth, you bastard.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 8:50 PM

All you people are pathetic

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 9:02 PM

i like weiner

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 10:40 PM

I think most of the comments here reaffirm his view of people, and you spew hateful, snotty bile while complaining that he was hateful. Except, unlike him, none of you are artists or create in any way - you are just anonymous, irrelevant, scared, internet commenters who would never have the courage to say or write any of this in reality, or with your actual names attached.

I wish, sincerely, for so many of you hiding cowards to be hit in the head with a brick. It is what many of you deserve.

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2011 11:59 PM

11:59, the reason we are spewing hate is because this dude was a piece of shit. I can't speak for everyone, but if he wasn't such a monumental asshole throughout his entire career, my comments would be far more positive. He lived like an asshole, he doesn't deserve the respect of losers like you.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 12:45 AM

""I think Eric Clapton sucks just like Seth did; writing a song glorifying the death of his son (who was four years old at the time), however, is unconscionable.""

glorifying? really?? i think a more appropriate word would be "exploiting" -- clapton is a square but i'm sure he wouldn't care to celebrate (i.e., glorify) his own son's death...

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 1:58 AM

Brooklynvegan's Gay (I'm Dead)

Posted by Seth Putnam | June 13, 2011 8:52 AM

seriously. he did what he did and now he's dead. and it's fucking stupid to ask people to take it easy on him. dude wrote songs that offended. do you really think he'd care if people insulted him after death? fuck no. i definitely am not a fan of the dude but he had balls, thats for sure.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 10:06 AM

"Brooklynvegan's Gay (I'm Dead)"

It was gay while he was alive too.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 10:14 AM

Kim kelly ...metal groupie ..mourning the loss of unwashed cock

Shut the fuck up bitch

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 10:45 AM

cocaine is a hell of a drug!

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 11:09 AM

So many real pieces of shit on here. Love to hear that there is so many of you have such vaulted morality that you're willing to say that someone who writes music from what ever perspective they chose is a full representation of who they are. Whose to say who this guy is or isn't. Everyone has dysfunction. Some people are just more constructive about dealing with it than others. I can say that growing up I had some really good times listening to some of the bullshit that AC put out. I love the Angry Samoans for the same reason. Not the most PC band but I like them because of that too. RIP Seth.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 11:22 AM

Eazy-E got aids from F.Mercury. lolzzzzzzzz!!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 11:24 AM

I wish I had the balls to name my band Anal Cunt.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 11:25 AM

I want to fuck seths skull in front of his nigger loving mother and faggot friends
-some queer

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 12:35 PM

@10:45

Go fuck yourself. You don't know Kim obviously. She's no metal groupie and she's helped promote lots of bands that you might otherwise never know anything about.

I'd love to meet you and introduce you to our friends.

Posted by YB | June 13, 2011 3:05 PM

@10:45

I'd love to meet you and introduce you to our friends.

Posted by YB | June 13, 2011 3:20 PM

Are your friends niggers, kikes, or faggots?

seth would neve approve

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 3:43 PM

RIP is gay!

Posted by onward | June 13, 2011 5:50 PM

Anyone one who gets pissy about the jokes isn't really entering into the spirit of things.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 6:26 PM

Dying is gay.

RIP Seth!

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2011 6:28 PM

I wonder if seth felt typecast as a grindcore enfant terrible. He was always polite in my dealings with him in regards to booking, although this is the guy who brought a handicapped person with him so he would have someone to make fun of.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2011 9:06 AM

To those of you here and elsewhere who've have expressed your condolences over Seth's death, please know that they are much appreciated.

To those few who have left any negative remarks, again both here and elsewhere, let me just say this, you have done nothing and will never do anything with your lives that you will be remembered for after your deaths. No one will write about or even remember that any of you ever even existed.

Posted by Robert W. | June 14, 2011 3:10 PM

THAT'S A HUGE ASSUMPTION
you have no idea who's posting comments

Posted by Mike from MD | June 14, 2011 4:24 PM

It's a shame that he died before getting the chance to see Anthony Weiner's cock pic.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2011 4:54 PM

Ah, a.c. introduced me to grindcore. I will always have a special place in my heart for that band.

R.I.P.

And I seriously doubt Seth would give a fuck about any of this. Let the comments go, Kim, and let the internet be the internet.

It's over their heads anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2011 7:39 PM

Not really...dude said faggot and nigger..gargled into a mic and the band played a repetitive fast beat with som dude in high tops shredding...

Grindcore...music for dorks who met a coke dealer

Posted by Anonymous | June 15, 2011 10:47 AM

IM VLV NIGGGA! IM OG NIGGA!

-beerxsummer

Posted by vlv nigga | July 13, 2011 9:17 AM

Really the very last person in the entire music scene who would say ANYTHING offensive about ANYTHING. Seth was the last guy going against the grain just to fucking piss people off. The whole spirit of punk was to fucking provoke the conformists into fighting. I miss those days.

Now the bands of the world will be free to sing about how global warming is bad, how anti-Semitic comments hurt peoples feelings and that it's wrong to be a racist. Congrats everyone, you are now free to be 100% not gay.

I'm happy that Seth finally found a place outside of this Lying, Politically Correct, Gay-Nigger-Jew shit hole known as Planet Earth.

R.I.P. Seth (the Last honest musician).

P.S. I just got through getting fucked up the ass by my African-American life partner Jerome Jackson-Putnam, We sucked the sperm filled poo from each others cocks and spit it into each others mouths. After about 45 min. of poo/sperm swapping, we got board and decided to lick it from each others mustaches. We then decided to put on "Wearing out our Welcome" to celebrate our sensational acts of faggotry but we had to turn it off because it was just too gay for us.

Posted by UHeartNegroPud | July 23, 2011 12:41 AM

Fuck the politically correct... Anal Cunt and Seth was the best example for our youth!! haha

R.I.D. (Rest in distress)

Posted by Canello | August 13, 2011 8:17 PM

first of all Seth Putnam was a real artist some didn't get his wit or humor that's cause half the music fans now a days are retarded when real artist die we cast them aside and insult there memory i bet half you jerk offs didn't now his music. p.s Seth Putnam and Phil Anselmo on suicide note pt 2 fucking heaven to my ears RIP

Posted by cj | August 14, 2011 11:50 PM

You went to see Dishwalla and Everclear (Your Gay) is still to this day one of my favorite song titles ever.

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2011 2:07 AM

I think seth putnam is fucking awesome, and everything he says/writes is fucking hilarious. If you dont like putnam you dont like metal. Or your just a giant puss, either one.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 3:47 PM

Seth Putnam sucks cock in hell!

Posted by degenerate | January 2, 2012 12:03 AM

Now that he's dead I'm going to try and fuck his wife.

Posted by degenerate | January 2, 2012 12:04 AM