Posted in music | tour dates on July 6, 2011

MAZE

And like he does in Coney Island, Marty Markowitz also brings free concerts to Brooklyn's Wingate Field each summer. The 2011 Martin Luther King Jr. Concert Series happens every Monday through August 22. The first one, on July 11th, will feature Maze with Frankie Beverly. The entire lineup, mystery guest included, and more info is below....

Wingate Field

July 11 - Maze featuring Frankie Beverly
July 18 - Annual Gospel Night with Mary Mary
July 25 - Charlie Wilson, Eric Benet
August 1 - TBA
August 8 - Men of Soul starring Jeffrey Osborne, Peabo Bryson, Freddie Jackson
August 15 - An evening with Queen Latifah
August 22 - Annual Caribbean Night with Mystery Guest TBA August 13, Shaggy, The Mighty Sparrow
MORE INFO:
The 29th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Concert Series performances are held Monday nights
7:30 pm
at
Wingate Field,
which is located on Brooklyn Avenue between Rutland Road and Winthrop Street opposite Kings County Hospital. Possible rain date on Tuesday night.

The public is encouraged to bring their own chairs because seating is limited.

Performers are subject to change without notice. Call the concert hotline for updates at 718-222-0600
or listen to WBLS-FM 107.5

NO cameras,
NO audio
or
video recording,
NO alcohol, NO pets, NO bottles, NO smoking
All persons and packages are subject to search prior to entry

TBA on August 1st... Do you think Cults will try to cross over to the urban demographic?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 11:26 AM

Isn't MLK day in January?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 11:52 AM

I remember when TBA toured with Boyz II Men, ABC and BBD, the entire East Coast family.

Posted by The Mighty KC | July 6, 2011 11:53 AM

I totally feel safe going to any of these shows, and leaving at dark when the show ends. Definitely won't get mugged on my way back to the subway.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 12:03 PM

^elite racist

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 12:30 PM

12:03...you're a pussy. Go back to the upper east side or whatever shitty town you're originally from. I hope you do get mugged.

Posted by Sean | July 6, 2011 12:43 PM

Stating the obvious does not make one a pussy. Denying the obvious like a smug idiot - while nevertheless knowing the truth - makes one a pussy.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 12:55 PM

says anonymous...

Oh wait I'm sorry. I forgot it should be quite obvious everytime someone travels to Crown Heights they will inevitably get mugged. It's pretty much 100% chance of getting mugged. You're not a closet racist I swear...

Posted by Sean | July 6, 2011 1:11 PM

Yes. Because a free concert and random travel are exactly the same thing, 1:11. Ya stupidhead.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 1:32 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 1:56 PM

I think all you BV shit-slingers need to "get lost" in Bed Stuy for a while and get "introduced" there. Might humanize you at the very least.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 2:02 PM

Feel free to stay home, 12:03, I'm sure you won't be missed.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 2:23 PM

SHAGGY

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 2:29 PM

"Is it possible that I am 23 and have already outgrown you bunch of whining pussies? I think so. You all need to leave mom's basement just 30 minutes a week and interact with some actual people (and no, not the ones that charge $10/min with a major credit card)"

Say what?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 3:25 PM

Wow, how PC we are. I am not a racist, but I will tell you that I don't go hanging out in Crown Heights by myself at night if I don't have to. Let's face it.. there's more crime in Crown Heights than say, Williamsburg. But I think that has a lot more to do with low income than it does with race. That's a fact that can be backed up with statistics. But with that said, I doubt there will be any crime or problems at any of the above shows.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 6:35 PM

http://projects.nytimes.com/crime/homicides/map. According to the map, there's more homicides in Bed-Stuy, Bushwick, and Crown Heights than in other areas. These are stats produced by the NYPD, as reported by the NY Times.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 10:29 PM

true dat, 10:29.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 11:33 PM

Those of you who decide to go, go and have a good time. Those of you who decide not to go then don't go. Why all the name calling? This is how mess get started. Now I would really like to go but I'm in a wheelchair and they don't have a bathroom suitable for me and my chair. In the past when I was able to hold myself much better I went to these concert and always had a great time. My favorite part is that they are FREE!!!

Posted by Nita | July 9, 2011 1:23 AM

"Is it possible that I am 23 and have already outgrown you bunch of whining pussies? I think so. You all need to leave mom's basement just 30 minutes a week and interact with some actual people (and no, not the ones that charge $10/min with a major credit card)thanks

Posted by games | August 17, 2011 2:12 PM