Posted in music | pictures | tour dates on July 17, 2011

photos by Chris La Putt

Davila 666 @ South Street Seaport
Davila 666

Puerto Rico garage rock band Davila 666 are taping a performance for MTV Iggy in NYC on Wednesday, July 20th. MTV is "casting 50 lucky fans to be audience members at this once-in-a lifetime taping." You can enter to be one of the lucky at MTV Iggy's Facebook.

It would be better if they were playing a live set again today (7/17), but, as previously mentioned, Davila 666 will be in the house only to DJ the free Sunday show at Beekman Beer Garden. The live sets of the day will be delivered by Xray Eyeballs, Frankie Rose and Woven Bones. If you haven't figured it out yet, Beekman Beer Garden is at South Street Seaport, right around the corner from where Davila played yesterday (7/16) as part of the 4Knots Festival. Our full coverage of the fest is coming soon, but meanwhile check out more pictures from Davila's wild set below...

Nice looking pit

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2011 1:57 PM

i have never seen so many "press" photographers at a show before. every blogger in the tri-state must have been there. also: mr dream and TA were pretty solid. good time over all.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2011 2:13 PM

how does crowdsurfing end in this situation? does he end up getting dropped? to people place him on his feet?

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2011 2:19 PM

girl usually falls into someones arms and they place her on the floor, boys fall on their butts unless they are smaller/or they get shoved over the barricade into the arms of a security guard.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2011 2:25 PM

Thats a pretty freaking ugly crowd all around.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2011 7:02 PM

the guy who comments on the pit on every stinkin thread...get a life!

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2011 10:30 PM

Davila were really great!

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2011 10:50 PM

Hi my name is Gerald and I write 90% of the comments on Brooklyn Vegan.

Posted by Gerald | July 18, 2011 7:39 AM

Really good energy and very tight, not much in the way of songwriting (as with probably 95% of the bands covered here).

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2011 9:38 AM

white people love crowdsurfing. Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2011 10:07 AM

10:30: Better than comments or pictures of numbskulls with their arms folded string off into nothing.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2011 10:08 AM

^^The numbskulls with their arms folded might actually be listening to the music rather than talking or mindlessly moshing just because they're drunk or assholes.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2011 10:45 AM

^ I guess I was refering to the people with the jaded "I'm too cool for you" mentality. I guess depending on what band I see I'll either stand there and take in the music, or I'll be one of those drunk assholes moshing/crowdsurfing. Either way it's all about trying to find the right way to enjoy myself, depending on the act playing.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2011 11:20 AM

^^Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against moshing (even though I'm much too old for that stuff myself) if it's genuinely inspired by and appropriate to the music. Just find a lot of it seems to be rote these days, just an excuse to create some mayhem.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2011 11:40 AM

^ Yeah, I hear ya on that. Whatever way you can enjoy the show is what counts. I like moshing, but don't even get me started on friggin' hardcore dancers. Ugh!

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2011 1:12 PM

it seems to be rote these days, just an excuse to create some mayhem

Posted by ads | October 28, 2011 8:09 AM