Posted in music | tour dates on July 7, 2011

Buffalo Springfield at Bonnaroo (via WNCX)
Buffalo Springfield

Crosby, Stills and Nash's previously mentioned show at Beacon Theatre is sold out. They've since added a second date the next night (8/31) at the same venue which still has tickets available. They also have a show coming up in Mountain View, CA with Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Jason Mraz, The Doobie Brothers, Tom Morello and others to support disaster relief efforts.

Buffalo Springfield (Furay, Stills and Young) went on their first (short) tour since 1968 leading up to a headlining slot at Bonnaroo this year. They told Rolling Stone they'd do a 30-date tour in the fall which would hit LA, NYC, and other cities. The tour, which was still never officially announced, is now postponed until 2012. According to a post on guitarist Richie Furay's facebook:

"For those of you getting excited about the Buffalo Springfield fall tour - word has just come to me that it has been moved to the first of next year," he wrote. "I'm not going to spend a lot time here with details as you speculate among yourselves - there's nothing to speculate about, the tour has simply been moved."
Meanwhile, Neil Young wants to work with Justin Vernon. Though the serial-collaborator may be on the verge of slowing down:
"I think the easiest way to explain it is that before, when I had other jobs or whatever, all I ever wanted to do was play music all of the time. So now whenever anything comes along - a Peter Gabriel cover, or recording Hadestown with Anaïs, it's like yes! Of course! And then you get tired, and you think, 'Well, I'd better say no to everything from now on.' But then the Kanye thing happens. Or ... Neil Young called two days ago, and I'm almost like: 'Oh fuck,' because whatever he's going to say I'm going to want to deal with, you know?"
Maybe Neil will give Justin a break and collaborate with Taylor Swift, who he is reportedly a fan of, instead.

Updated CSN dates (all three of them) below...

CSN -- 2011 Tour Dates
8/7 Shoreline Amphitheatre Mountain View, CA
8/30 Beacon Theatre New York, NY
8/31 Beacon Theatre New York, NY

buffalo springfield was my highlight of bonnaroo, they were terrific!

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:05 PM

I "Heard"

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:25 PM

CSN? A lot of that old people smell around here this week. At least their show will probably be recorded for a PBS pledge drive.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:26 PM

Better than that hipster stench.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:27 PM

Sold my Bonnaroo ticket because BS was the only act I really wanted to see and I knew a tour was imminent. Let it happen sooner.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:28 PM

what kind of asshole goes to bonnaroo? Seriously, who goes to that thing?

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:28 PM

buffalo springfield was my highlight of bonnaroo, they were terrific!

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:28 PM

Oh that sucks that the tour is delayed. Hopefully Neil does not get a change of heart and decide to do something else, as usual, and scuttle the whole thing.
On the bright side, this gives more time to not stress over what an expensive ticket this is going to be and even worse how hard it is going to be to get.
They are playing large theaters so welcome NYC to United Palace or Radio City. Beacon i think is too small for this.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:46 PM

Be careful if you're driving to these shows. Old Geezers cause a lot of car accidents.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 2:48 PM

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with some hummus over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody eat some hummus now

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 3:00 PM

old guys post
fat guys post
old guys post
fat guys post
OMG
old fat guys post!
FTW!

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 3:02 PM

2:48 - no doubt, they often confuse the brake and gas pedals

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 3:07 PM

Better leave before the encore. Getting out of there will take forever with all those walkers, wheelchairs and oxygen tanks.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 3:19 PM

i bet stills was the reason for the delay.

and FUCK bon iver. whatever happened to modesty? same goes for ducktails and his tweet about his "sonic boom rolled joint." what idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 3:21 PM

older than Hitler

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 3:28 PM

Back in my day, we didn't have hipsters in Williamsburg! We had HIV boys in San Fransissssssco!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 3:44 PM

3:19, and that's not just the band you're talking about.

Posted by donn | July 7, 2011 4:05 PM

It's only $200 for balcony tickets - assholes.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 6:57 PM

"It's only $200 for balcony tickets - assholes."

Wait to watch it during the PBS pledge drive.
After viewing, for $500 you can have a DVD of the performance and a PBS colostomy bag.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 8:23 PM

a got all the boot legs of the bs tour. ok, not great. boner oo was the best. neil young keep yelling boneroo at the crowd. funny shit. too bad they did not do undo mundo.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 10:16 PM

$20 t-shirts
$25 tour dribble cups
$30 VIP mixer with the band, featuring prune oatmeal
$40 box of autographed tour Depends
$50 tour stainless steel denture holder

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 10:38 PM

Yes, this is indeed expensive. However!

The Bowery Presents is proud to bring in additional serivces to all Bowery Presents venues. Especially, the Music Hall of Williamsburg!

$20 crud/shit/vaginal secretion wiper off your faces
$45 douching ($65 if there's blood involved, naturally)
$127 "therapist" who "cares" to hear you're miserable sobbing about how you've led a meaningless existence... after the show of course.
$500 Home HIV test kit (trust us, it's worth it), to see if the real thing has hit you yet

Sponsored by Andy Dick Prodicktions.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2011 11:04 PM

As much as I love Neil Young, I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never see him perform live again, because the greedy eff charges way too much money. I refuse to pay more than $100 a ticket to see anyone, on principal. Even $100 is a lot. Even if I made more than 70k a year, I still wouldn't pay it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2011 1:12 PM

Neil Young is a frumpy bitch.

11:04 has AIDS on the brain ... the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2011 1:27 PM

1:12, you don't live in NYC, then, do you? It was $50 for his show a few months ago.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2011 2:21 PM

"11:04 has AIDS on the brain ... the lady doth protest too much, methinks."

So are you gonna go for the package, Shakespearean?

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2011 2:46 PM

What is wrong with you people? Are you reading this angry dribble you're writing. I just went on this site to look up concerts. Music is suppose to "soothe" the savage beast but sounds like you all need something much much stronger. Try being kind, compassionate and looking in the mirror.

Peace you cranky youngsters - sorry you're so wannabe jealous of original rockers - I feel bad you've lost the true rock spirit.

Posted by DS | August 15, 2011 10:10 PM

for all of us true love and peace hippies who are still here enjoying life, through peace and love, let us share our beautifully written songs about life in those 60's and 70's so that the bands we so much loved to hear then, we can still go and hear still...what a beautiful bunch of artist they still are, and will be for all time.....although we lost alot of other great artist, there records, through music there wonderful words still play in all our hippy hearts...peace and love to all of you......we love you eternally......gil

Posted by gil | September 13, 2011 9:06 PM