Posted in music | tour dates on July 11, 2011

Portishead @ Coachella 2008 (more by Ryan Muir)
Portishead

The number of bands playing NYC before or after ATP NJ in Asbury Park is multiplying. We've recently mentioned that Shellac play The Bell House and that Anika, whose album was produced by Geoff Barrow of Portishead, plays LPR (it will be her first US live show).

It's now been announced that Portishead, who co-curated and headline the NJ festival, as promised, will follow ATP with a North American tour that kicks off on October 4 and 5 at Hammerstein Ballroom!!! Tickets for all dates are on presale now! Tickets "go on sale to the general public July 15th and 16th, with the exception of Chicago, on sale date July 22nd."

According to Adrian Utley, "We've always thought that we must come back to tour in the states, something we wanted to do with the release of Third, but our schedule just wouldn't allow it. Being that we were asked to curate I'll be your Mirror, this just seemed like a good start to touring the states - it set's it off in absolutely the right way. We are absolutely delighted to come back."
Portishead last visited North America to play Coachella in 2008, but never came east. Geoff Barrow's band BEAK> did play here in 2010 though, also around an ATP appearance.

Though it's hard to want a show to be at Roseland or Hammerstein, it's too bad they didn't choose Roseland for old time's sake. All new dates will be opened by Thought Forms (who opened for Portishead in Utrecht on 6/15).

All tour dates are listed below...

Portishead

October 18 Shrine LA
October 21 Greek, Berkeley, SF
October 23 WaMu, Seattle
October 24 PNE Forum, Vancouver
October 27 1st Bank Center, Denver

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:06 PM

With this announcement, ATP just became so worth it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:08 PM

No Boston dates? Thanks Portishead for taking care of ALL yours fans.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:10 PM

"With this announcement, ATP just became so worth it."

You mean not worth it?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:11 PM

I'll summarize what you'll read on this comment section....

1) Glad I didn't buy tickets to ATP!
2) Glad it's not at Terminal 5!
3) Not happy the tickets are $60 (floor) or $87 (seats)

P.S. Convention Hall > Hammersteain

anyone know the capacity differences? I believe C.H. is about 3000 and Hammerstein around 5000

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:13 PM

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

BETH!!!! YAY!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:14 PM

no Austin?!?!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:14 PM

"No Boston dates? Thanks Portishead for taking care of ALL yours fans."

NEWS FLASH (AP) ---It's official...EVERYONE hates Boston! Cry yourself to naptime, fleabag!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:15 PM

Last time I was at Hammerstein it was for the Pixies Doolittle show... and they completely oversold it!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:16 PM

GA
US $48.00 Ticket + US $12.25 Fees =
US $60.25

Seats
US $73.00 Ticket + US $14.35 Fees =
US $87.35

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:16 PM

I wouldn't call this a North American tour when they're just hitting up LA, NYC multiple times and throw a few random major US and Canadian cities a bone.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:17 PM

""With this announcement, ATP just became so worth it."

You mean not worth it?"

Yes it is not worth it if you would rather see a band you love play in a bigger, worse sounding shitter place.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:18 PM

No DC, Baltimore or Richmond?

Posted by boohoo | July 11, 2011 2:21 PM

Fuck! How can I get rid of my All Tomorrow's Party tickets? Anybody need them?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:23 PM

NO LAWRENCE, KANSAS or GAINSEVILLE, FLORIDA?!?!

Posted by yeah right | July 11, 2011 2:23 PM

What are these prices people are putting up? I just got GA tix for $58 each. Cry yourself to naptime paying $60.25, fleabag.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:24 PM

by the way, ATP shows > Hammerstein shows!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:24 PM

It's enough of a tour that if you want to see them bad enough you will find the closest city and get/fly there. Start asking for your vacation time now. Make a long weekend out of it. don't be a pussy

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:24 PM

$60 is a lot cheaper than going down for fucking Asbury Park.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:24 PM

"P.S. Convention Hall > Hammersteain"

this, this is true

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:27 PM

Agreed with the Boston comment. Not a huge Portishead fan, but kudos for them skipping the arm pits of America in Boston and Philly.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:27 PM

"$60 is a lot cheaper than going down for fucking Asbury Park."

Yes a lot cheaper moron, when you don't include all the other great bands playing. Oh and in better sounding and smaller places. This is gonna be the same thing as My Bloody Valentine a few years ago. At Kutshers they sounded incredible in that room. Roseland they sounded like shit.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:28 PM

Convention Hall cap = 3600
Hammerstein Ballroom cap = 3900

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:29 PM

yep agree with 216pm. went to one of those late pixies set after sonic youth @ mhow and the place was so packed on the floor, you couldn't move!

convention hall will be more room (better sightlines) and intimate with a better sound system.

oh and with non-pretencious ny crowd.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:30 PM

@2:13-Hammerstein has a 3900 capacity.

@2:10- your pain makes me happy.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:31 PM

228pm. I wasn't at ATP NY for MBV but MBV @ Roseland was one of the loudest shows I ever went to....

but it must have been cool to see them in a smaller setting.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:32 PM

2:24, some of us can't afford to take the time off or have the available vacation time to make a "long weekend" out of attending a 2 hour show in NYC(unlike some of you on here who probably don't even have a job and get checks from your parents on a weekly basis that allows you to casually go to these shows whenever you please.) A trip to NYC for me would require a 4 hour drive by car, bus or train and I don't think any of my friends in NYC would be happy if I were to visit right in the middle of the week. I'm not going to spend more money on a hotel either just for a fucking two hour show. Boston is just one of a few a major cities that most credible, reputable bands will attend and I'm surprised that in October especially when all the elite colleges are back in session they would skip out on the city. SHAME ON YOUR PORTISHEAD! SHAME ON YOU!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:34 PM

a Philly date will be added.

ps - F YOU BOSTON!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:35 PM

I think what pisses a lot of people off that I can empathize with is that Portishead failed to tour behind Third back in 07 or 08 whatever and now they do come back, and still leave a ton of cities out in the cold. I'm aware cities like LA and NYC are easier sells but I personally think it's in poor form when a band doesn't do their best to appease all major cities. Give little ol' Boston a chance. They could have played the Orpheum or Wang Theatre really easily.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:38 PM

234pm. I don't feel sorry for you buddy. This is Portishead's first East Coast shows in 12 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you're complaining about skipping a day from your job.

Give me a break.

If you like them enough, you'll find a way to go to this show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:39 PM

2:32. Being loud does not equal great sound. At Kutsher's, MBV were loud as fuck. The difference is the room, sound system and acoustics were all phenomenal. At Roseland it was just loud and muddy.

Trust me if you had been to both places it was not even close to which was the better show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:42 PM

Boston/Philly kids.....

There are 4 shows within your driving distances!

You choose them wisely......

October 1 ATP IBYM, Asbury Park, NJ
October 2 ATP IBYM, Asbury Park, NJ
October 4 Hammerstein Ballroom NY
October 5 Hammerstein Ballroom, NY

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:42 PM

I saw MBV in Glasgow, Scotland and my ears are still ringing. Oh and I was wearing earplugs.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:43 PM

Trip hop has bored me since I was forced to listen to Groove Salad at work. You all can have my ticket - I'd rather listen to paint dry.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:43 PM

2:39pm, while I'm pissed they aren't playing Boston this time around and I'm not willing to take time off from my job to go all the way to NYC to see them, I still have you beat when it comes to Portishead fandom become back in '08 when they played Coachella, I flew all the way across the country to see them, took the time off from work and will have already seen everything you will be eagerly anticipating come October.

Suck it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:43 PM

No Charlotte, NC? NYC but no Charlotte-lame.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:44 PM

2:34 does not make $70K a year.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:46 PM

no south dakota? WHAT GIVES GEOFF?!?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:46 PM

Sucks this isn't at T5 instead

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:47 PM

^ ha, good one

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:47 PM

Mexico, Corona Festival

That's a joke, right? Si?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:47 PM

No Fairbanks, AK date either...screw NYC I am not going!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:49 PM

243pm. haha too bad i saw them at coachella in 2008 and at roseland in 97!

suck it:)

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:49 PM

2:42, I love how you think NYC or NJ are just a hop, skip and jump away from MA. Driving distance I'd consider to be 1.5 hours tops, not fucking 3 to 4 hours on top of city traffic and all the shit that comes along with getting into NYC in the middle of the work week.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:49 PM

dude 249pm. take the train. or go to asbury park shows. bunch of bands plus portishead in a great venue on a weekend so you don't have to miss work!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:51 PM

You know, Beth Gibbons isn't exactly a spring chicken, and she's not gonna win any beauty contests, but she just exudes feminine magic. She stirs my loins.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:53 PM

this isn't that complicated. if you want to make sure every band you want to see plays your city, move to nyc or la. otherwise, stfu.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:54 PM

2:47, the Corona Festival is legit: Portishead, M83, The Rapture, OMD, The Strokes, Coheed and Cambria Oxcontin addicts, CSS, Santigold, BrooklynVegan legends Wavves, No Age, Antlers, electronic god Moby

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:54 PM

Someone please start BostonVegan so we can get this freaking Kennedy's to stop whining about a lack of New England shows?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:55 PM

people complaining here that it's not in their backyards need to shut up.

i drove from philly to boston day after my graduation in the worst weather possible for sigur ros @ bank of america place.

it was well worth it.

while hammerstein isn't beacon, united palace or town hall, this show should be great.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:55 PM

So now these also-runs are staging a "come-back". What's next - Lo-Fidelity All Stars? The Jilted Generation demands THE PRODIGY!!! Fuck these depressing woohoons

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:56 PM

hmm will this trump the epic portishead > prince performance i saw in april 2008?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:58 PM

2:55pm, your story has no value though because as you noted, it was right after you graduated college (which I assume meant you were not yet bogged down yet by having a career.) When you're 31 years old, pulling a $135k salary, have a bunch of clients to keep happy on a daily basis and a wife who wants a good fuck when you come home from a long hard day at the office and gym, tell me when you have the time to drive 4 hrs west to see a band play for 2 hours or less while a bunch of rats run over your feet on the subway.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 2:59 PM

2:59 might be the biggest douche ever.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:00 PM

2:59 is no better than John Rocker.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:01 PM

2:59 is the most reasonable person in this comment section.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:02 PM

hahahah 259pm troll making $135k and commenting on BV?

more like you live on your parent's pay check.

nice try hipster.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:02 PM

2:42- Yes, but the My Bloody Valentine show I saw in '92 with Superchunk and Pavement at the Ritz had better sound than either of those shows.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:03 PM

3:02, it's possible when you're A FUCKING TECH GURU. Fuck you, breadboxwaver.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:05 PM

all i know is ATP generally rules, tons of reasons to be there

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:10 PM

Just got tickets to both shows. Oh, the pain my wallet just felt afterwards!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:10 PM

305pm same troll as 259pm.

Sad he's not making his own money so he comes to BV comment section to pride himself a little bit.

By the way, what is breadoxwaver?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:10 PM

I work full time and I can't afford to go to this show. $60 - $87 for Hammerstein Ballroom is insulting and obscene.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:11 PM

boston has a shitty music scene
sad
bowery presents has done a bit for it, but still sad

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:11 PM

the past few weeks people have been bitching about people who make 70k. mr 135k, you're about to receive a lot more negative comments. and you're kind of a douchebag. godspeed

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:14 PM

radiohead > portishead
disturbed > nirvana

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:16 PM

2:59 - what are you doing on Saturday? Yes, it is the annual caddy golf tournament. How would you like to come over and mow my lawn.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:16 PM

3:11 PM - Sorry, but that is not unreasonable for a band that hardly ever tours and isn't exactly local.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:17 PM

Damn, why no Tempe show?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:19 PM

Here's an idea...go see Portishead, quit your crying, and stop wasting your $$$ on every flash-in-the-pan hipster nonsense act that comes to town. Trust me, [________] will not be the next big thing...you're not missing out on anything...esp. bragging to your friends in a few years that you saw [________] play at [________].

This might be your only time to see Portishead! Get on it!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:21 PM

Where the FUCK is the Amarillo show?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:23 PM

I just lost all respect for Portishead.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:26 PM

That's cool Anika will also be in NYC around this time...

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:30 PM

^why, exactly?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:30 PM

I don't care much at all for the city of Boston here (lived there for two years and all it was were annoying Ivy leaguers, American blue bloods and absolutely no concept of a music scene) but I expected Portishead to hit up a few more major cities than this. Off the top of my head, Austin, TX.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:30 PM

$87 is unreasonable for Hammerstein Ballroom. The fact that they hardly ever tour and broke up for a decade is their decision, not ours. They're not doing their fans a favor by playing live - they're playing live. They shouldn't be charging prices that are totally out of touch with the state of the economy right now. But, if you're not grossed out by the price, by all means enjoy the show. I'm going to have to pass.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:34 PM

what does it matter if college is back in session in boston when portishead plays? Those students do not know this band.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:35 PM

3:30- I am enjoying the Bostonites' pain at not having a Portihead show, but saying that that is the only scene in Boston is completely wrong. Boston has had a huge punk/hardcore scene for years. Just because you weren't part of it, doesn't mean it didn't exist. Also, I highly doubt there were "blue-bloods" at Blood for Blood shows.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:36 PM

So excited about this show! And glad I did not get tickets for ATP. How does the reserved seating at Hammerstein work? Is it first come first served into the reserved sections? Or are there actual assigned seats? Trying to decide if it is worth the price difference.

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:39 PM

The problem with Boston whoever keeps bitching above is that even though it's considered a "major" city, it has nothing outside of an overly proud baseball culture and a drunk rich college kid scene that would make any band consider it a city that seriously embraces music or art. Having lived in MA for the first 23 years of my life (went to college at BU for four years too) I can tell you that even with all the music venues there, it's just college kids who read about stuff on Pitchfork making them thrive. Alston is the closest thing Boston has to a scene, but really its just a street's length and filled with a bunch of wannabe hipsters with shitty taste in punk music.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:40 PM

FUNFUNFUNFEST

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:41 PM

Unless you're suffering from some kind of injury and can't stand - it's not worth the price difference. Also, the very center section of the seats on the lower mezzanine's entire front 10 rows or so are usually reserved for VIP or record label/management ticket buys despite appearing to be on sale via Ticketmaster.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:41 PM

3:36 the punk and hardcore scene in Boston is very much on life support at this point though is it not? Those glory days are well past them now.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:43 PM

Maybe if you're short and won't be able to see while standing on the floor and have $$$ like that, the seats are worth it. Otherwise, seats are bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:43 PM

3:02:2:59 = lamest attempt at doubleposting ever.

You know you make 45K a year selling xerox machines door to door at office buildings.

ha,ha.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:44 PM

Message for every f--king moron saying "glad I did not get tickets for ATP".

You could pay $87 for Portishead or $99 for an entire day of ATP-greatness headlined by Portishead!

Btw, if "Asbury Park is too far" is your reason for not going to ATP, then you my friend, are as useless and pathetic as your shriveled up, oft-neglected excuse for malehood.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:44 PM

2:59 is like, a huge, HUUUGE Dane Cook fan.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:46 PM

2:59 lives with his mom in a 1 bedroom apt in Orlando, FL.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:49 PM

atp still has the advantage because, fittingly, there's a nearby walmart.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:50 PM

2:59 fucks his mom in a hotel room in Jersey.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:54 PM

2:59 IS Dane Cook!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 3:58 PM

I guarantee you this show is going to be filled with a bunch of alt 30-40 year olds who only wear black clothing (but not in a gothy way, just in an artsy/trendy style in shades of black way.)

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:00 PM

This is one of the most legendary comment sections so far this year (its been a rough year). Kudos to everyone.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:06 PM

Jakuzzi Boiz > Portishead

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:06 PM

Who gives a fuck if some Masshole has a hard time getting to a show? Your pain is our pleasure, fuckwad.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:07 PM

uhm...Im pretty stoked about this. the show is gonna be great.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:10 PM

Pixies are from Boston nuff said.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:10 PM

It doesn't even sound like any of you asswipes have even been to or lived in Boston. Most of the better shows don't go down in the venues, they happen in the bars. 3:43, the hardcore scene is very much alive and if you didn't see it when you were there, you didn't live actually experience Boston and must have bad taste in music. Furthermore, whoever says Boston has no music scene must be living under a rock because Passion Pit and DOM are huge these days. Portishead doesn't know what they're missing.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:14 PM

lol @ 'portishead doesn't know what they're missing'

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:18 PM

Boston sucks. Go whine on Cambridge Vegan, dipshit.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:23 PM

yeah, portishead is missing a buch of wiiicked pissaaa dickwads from Baaaaastan.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:23 PM

^you forgot lol @ scene, asswipes, bad taste, under a rock, huge these days

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:24 PM

Boston is far wealthier than NYC, so have fun at that you breadboxwavers.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:24 PM

4:14 is dyslexic, lives with his mom and has a 1.9 GPA.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:25 PM

Um yeah, hi, is someone going to tell 2;59 that "$135,000" is not a lot of money for someone to make when they are THIRTY ONE?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:25 PM

I bought 4 Portishead tickets.

2 for me, and the other 2 will guarantee sniveling whiny shits from Boston can't come down and ruin the evening for everyone else.

I'm putting my $135k salary to good use by thinning the herd at the 10/4 show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:26 PM

Boston is far whiter than NYC, so have fun at that you breadboxwavers.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:26 PM

In Boston everyone makes salaries well over 70k and their hummus is served on golden platters.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:31 PM

There skipping Boston cuz its not a college town.

Posted by Blag the destroyer | July 11, 2011 4:34 PM

Sorry to interrupt all of the juvenile snark, but I'm really excited for this show.

Posted by Dan | July 11, 2011 4:35 PM

Um yeah, hi 4:25, what do you think is the median income for a family in the united states?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:36 PM

NO TORONTO?!?!?!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:41 PM

This is a very intelligent discussion.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:44 PM

I live in NYC, on the street because I'm homeless, but I just bought tickets to both nights at Hammerstein and a three day Portishead pass for ATP (which allows me to see both ATP Portishead shows) (screw Jeff Mangum), and I hope to make it to the Corona Festival as well.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:50 PM

2:55, I went to that Sigur Ros show in Boston, flooding and pissing cold rain. And that show was amazing, they played the majority of ( ) on a cold windy night and it suited the setting so well.

Also, that show was on a Sunday...Anyone working a day job can put in the effort on weekends and evenings to go see something great...some people just need to justify their laziness. Have fun.

Oh and Boston sucks...

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:57 PM

i can't believe they're not stopping in Des Moines, the nerve

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 4:57 PM

set times for Animal Collective?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 5:00 PM

I think, no I know, that $135k is a good honest salary if you are 31, 41, or 51 in or outside of NYC. If you are making more than that, and you are not giving at least 10% to those less fortunate than you, then I feel sorry for you. There's a storm coming, baby, and nobody is gonna care how much you used to make, they will only care if you are pulling your weight and caring for others. You have been warned.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 5:10 PM

10% my ass, 5:10. 135K is nothing to sneeze at, but living in NYC, it ain't exactly living high on the hog either.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 5:36 PM

@4:06 - Agreed...several LOL moments! Well played team. Oh...and Boston sucks you breadboxwavers!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 6:08 PM

Yeah, you shoudl definitely give some money to charity. I am just saying I am a 28 year-old girl in NY, regularly date guys who are 30 - 35, and almost all of them, probably 90%, make over $135K. It is a good salary, I agree. I just thought it was funny someone was acting like that was a lot for a thirty-one year old to make -- some much needed LULz during my boring-ass day.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 6:21 PM

I can't believe how much people are arguing over how much other people make.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 6:57 PM

@6:21 - gold digger much aren't we?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 7:08 PM

just got my tix, thank you BV, been waiting for years to see them live!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 7:21 PM

My whole point is that I am not a golddigger you idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 7:37 PM

I can't some hoochie actual finds out how much money all her dates make.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 7:49 PM

Should read: I can't BELIEVE some hoochie actually finds out how much money all her dates make.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 7:50 PM

thanks

Posted by mida | July 11, 2011 8:49 PM

What the fuck is a breadboxwaver?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 8:56 PM

I turn 28 in a month and I make quite a bit more than $135k. Who gives a shit?

"LULz" to the 28 year old whore who is content with her gold digging (6:21). Shit like this makes me hate NYC women. Enjoy saggy tits in 7 years, unless you manage to latch on to some moron who is dumb enough to marry you and pay for your implants.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 8:58 PM

DAFT PUNK - Summerstage....Aug.27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 9:09 PM

2:10 pm - Dude, you're from Boston, or Mass.

The least of your problems is that Portishead is not coming to your state. Any sensible person leaves Mass as quickly as humanly possible

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 9:29 PM

New Order - 8/28 - summerstage!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 9:36 PM

I'm not a whore. I don't see why men can date around and women can't. I date a lot of guys but don't sleep with most of them. Also, my boobs have not sagged at all. You should enjoy your "more than $125" and enjoy your bald-ass-dome in 7 years, unless you manage to find some hair implants or a woman who likes men who call women "whores." At least the men I date respect women.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 9:48 PM

this whole argument is probably like three 21-year-old fatties who live in denver

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 9:53 PM

You're quite sad, 9:28. No chick has ever asked me how much money I make on a date.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 10:09 PM

in the last few days the comments seemed to have changed - and that is about the same time that first to 12th graders ended school. So that explains it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 10:13 PM

Last, I'll say about it...

To 9:48, yes, they have not sagged as of yet. We'll see where they are a few years down the line. That will probably be around the same time that you realize you have 0 worth and no true earning potential. Due to your saggy tits, none for these 30-35 year old men will look at you twice. Then you'll realize what a waste your life has been as the value of your pussy is constantly depreciating. So what else do you have to offer?

PS- My girlfriend of a year and a half wouldn't even have a solid guess as to what my yearly income may be, if she were asked. Yet you seem to know the salary of all the different guys you whore around with?

Nice life.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 10:24 PM

pics or it didnt happen

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:00 PM

How are your girlfriends tits? Mine are small but shapely. They will hold up fine. I feel bad for your girlfriend. I am not surprised she does not ask you about your job -- she is scared of a boyfriend who calls women "whores" and thinksthat any woman over 30 is trash if she does not have fake boobs. I honestly feel bad for her, knowing that you look at her as having a pussy with depreciating value. Sick. Like I said, I would never go near a guy like you.

My earning potential is fine. I work at a gallery and make a hair under six figures. And I am 28. I am not worried about my earning potential. I went to a top-10 school and earned a Fulbright. I took the LSATs and scored 172, but decided I did not want to go to law school because I enjoy my job (even though it is boring sometimes, and I occasionally have to deal with heels like you hitting on me). I only bring up these things because you brought my earning potential into question. I like a guy who works hard, too. Sue me.

Ask your girlfriend what she thinks about this conversation. And then try your best to listen at her answer, and not just stare at her deteriorating tits and puss.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:02 PM

BV, you should have red sirens or something when a post is "Portishead playing NYC" big.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:18 PM

This chick seems like an annoying Murray Hill JAP.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:24 PM

i like fat chicks

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:27 PM

I'll bet 11:02 is one of these: http://ijc.typepad.com/

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:33 PM

11:02- "heels"? What is this, Perry Mason?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:48 PM

Man, everyone is so mean to each other on here.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2011 11:55 PM

Unless you're 38, meh.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:23 AM

^^They are both so much worse than Hitler. I mean, fuck. Act right you two, or go stand in the corner. Got to talk about how awesome it is that Portishead is playing. Still kind of butt-hurt they aren't playing in Odessa, Texas, but the Boston thing more than makes up for that.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:30 AM

Fck! Band website says they are only playing new material on this tour.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:36 AM

Yeah, sorry I got a little pissed. That guy just seemed like a jerk. Actually my first time fighting on a message board. I would like to meet that guy (in a public area downtown) and see what he is like (and he is free to bring his girlfriend, if she is allowed out of the house) or at least exchange pictures. Up for it?

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:50 AM

On Cambridge Vegan they make jokes about cabbage

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 5:32 AM

I guess nice guys really DO finish last.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 7:55 AM

this is the fucking dumbest thread...this is why bv should stick to a nyc audience. it's laughable about all of the whining.

no one on this thread gives a fck that you live in a shitty city with no scene.

can we move the fuck on?

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 8:32 AM

if any of you on this comment chain are going to the show...count me out.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 8:36 AM

Any time any woman makes a comment or appears in a photo on BV someone calls her a whore and/or insults her body parts

Men can really be angry pieces of shit

There's a greater percentage of women out there making an effort to be compassionate, attractive, and achieve in a man's world

The least you men can do is stop ripping us apart for our bodies, calling us whores and sluts for the slightest reasons, and hey please go to the fucking gym already so women dont neccesarily have to give up being sexually attracted to a man just cause they've perhaps gone for mr nice guy, and hot guys? Be fucking decent.

Trolls out there - seriously, ugh

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 9:13 AM

"Damn. I guess I should look for a new job. I'm only making like $45K. How are all of these horrid, shallow people on here making so much?

I guess nice guys really DO finish last."

I make $45k also but don't live in NYC, and yet I'm still somehow wealthier and more stable than friends making six figures in NYC. It's not due to being cheap, maybe has a little to do with the cost of living and everything to do with their lack of financial planning but I think it's kind of ridiculous

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 9:15 AM

costs too much

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 9:20 AM

This thread is full of lulz not only because of the Boston rant but for the snooty moneymaking NYC comments, too. I also don't live in New York City, but do people there seriously think making on the low end of six figures something to scoff at, or that the general population of the United States is making anything close to that? Most people I know my age (mid-20s to early 30s) who've went to both college and grad school and are working a legit job are pulling in about $40 - $50k. Those who work in medicine or are engineers (again not in NYC) are making about $70 -$80k at best and they're the ones who people think are well off. Even a friend of mine who's a VP in LA at a large cable channel is making just shy of $100k. As for the friends I have in NYC who are educated and working respectable jobs, they're making about $45 - $55k. Unless many of you are performing brain surgery or curing AIDS on a daily, I have a very hard time believing that the general population even in NYC has a salary of above $100k.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 9:26 AM

The only folks with big paychecks and bright futures these days are cyber criminals and US government employees. And the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

If you are getting a big payday now, don't think it is all because you are so great and wonderful. Success is usually a matter of hard work coupled with the right breaks & relationships. Much of our lives is out of our hands.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 9:35 AM

@9:13 - I would like to meet you. I think that you are just the kind of woman I would like to get to know better. I wish that there was a way to reach out to you a little more personally than BV comments. You keep your head up, and keep doing what you need to do. There are plenty of guys, even on here, that are more interested in who you are than looking to tear you down or use you.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 9:37 AM

"...and hey please go to the fucking gym already so women dont neccesarily have to give up being sexually attracted to a man just cause they've perhaps gone for mr nice guy, and hot guys? Be fucking decent."

This is a curious statement. I work out religiously and also am a pretty nice, attractive guy who has his shit together (or so others tell me) and yet I can't say that being fit has done wonders for me being a magnet to women or that I believe it's what all women want. I still observe plenty of attractive ladies with great personalities going for frumpy or skinny out of shape guys who are "nice" but I can't imagine to be as you say, "sexually attractive." At most, they might be prettier in the face or dress trendier to make up for having less desirable body types. I'm not arguing with your point and admire your honesty, but what I'm saying is that if your statement was true, I probably wouldn't be on this comment section psychoanalyzing its merits and someone like you would be dating me on the regular.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 9:48 AM

I'm better looking than all ya, and I see fine ladies with whimpy idiots all day long. Been that way since the dawn of time. For real, who would breed with Jay Z or Billy Joel were it for looks? So, I call bullshit on all that.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 10:15 AM

10:15 true. Also, Jay Z has boner problems.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 10:21 AM

Portishead gets you the ladies. That's all I'm sayin'.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 10:24 AM

Charlotte>Boston+NYC!

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 10:50 AM

I make about 20k a year in NyC and I seriously get more chicks then all you bozos talking about your wallets.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 10:56 AM

20k? Lol.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 11:05 AM

got mogwai, swans and now portishead tickets... now all i need is a mangum ticket...

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 11:58 AM

Thanks for reminding me about the Swans show!

*hurries*

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:03 PM

It's definitely not just money and personality, it's also ambition and talent that makes them sexy

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:13 PM

Not to beat a dead horse, but whoever said Boston still has a scene is living in a fantasy world. I used to live there and a few years back, FYF had this free mini-fest tour going on around the country with some good bands (Paint it Black) and some shitty but popular ones (Matt & Kim.) No place in Boston was up to host the show so FYF just never bothered coming, even though they'd been trying to book any place in the area all the way up until a week beforehand. I think the show ended up going down in NH instead. Pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:14 PM

"Billy Joel and jay z are fucking amazing talents with great charisma and charm and they aren't ugly they just aren't hot"

Billy Joel isn't ugly? If believing that helps your self-esteem when you look in the mirror, then whatever. Most people think otherwise though.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:29 PM

in all my 58 years i have never heard a person call Billy Joel "hot" that was not already being not being restrained to a hospital bed. I can't even write the word without quotes relating to him.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 12:43 PM

Git Er Dun

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2011 3:10 PM

I need to take out a loan for all of these shows.

Posted by moneybags | July 12, 2011 10:59 PM

holler 9:48

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2011 11:03 AM

live nation password????

Posted by Anonymous | July 14, 2011 10:06 AM

anyone know how to find the password?

Posted by Anonymous | July 14, 2011 10:17 AM

Password plz?!

Posted by Greg | July 14, 2011 10:20 AM

Password = "lyric"

Posted by Anonymous | July 14, 2011 10:30 AM

that isn't working! anybody else have a password?

Posted by Anonymous | July 14, 2011 10:34 AM

its "lyrics" with an s.

Posted by Anonymous | July 14, 2011 11:39 AM

I make between $60-70k a year. Didn't think twice about buying a ticket to the show and didn't think it was really all that expensive. Some of you must have no idea how to manage your money.

Also, 9:48, I feel you on that one. Confidence goes a long way. Also, you have to swallow a lot of your pride and be persistent with the really attractive women. Most of the time, the fat/ugly guy they're with was basically the one that asked them out 3-4 times and FINALLY convinced them on the 5th time. I'm arrogant, fit and attractive (or so I'm told) so I'm not begging anyone to go out with me but, then again, some girls need that chase.

Posted by Anonymous | July 14, 2011 3:16 PM

They were the only reason i allowed myself to be around so many filthy hippies @ sweaty ass Coachella....
hell yeah, berkeley here i come!

Posted by Anonymous | July 14, 2011 9:33 PM

Anyone else having problems getting tickets? It's still showing not on sale.

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 10:13 AM

no luck with tix today either

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 10:16 AM

hey what happened with the tickets?

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 10:31 AM

are the NYC dates already sold out?

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 10:44 AM

They went on sale at 10:25 or some shit like that - snagged 2 floor wut wuuuuuuuuuut

Seriously wtf ticketmaster. BV lurkers need to eat!

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 11:00 AM

Shows aren't sold out. Chill

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 11:16 AM

Already ordered a few days back. I'm waiting for the M83 sale.

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 11:29 AM

OK, on a serious note, do Portishead play every show with that orchestra, like on the Live @ Roseland release, or was that a special thing? Will they be doing that for this show?

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 2:09 PM

I'd like to where to get tickets for this. Thanks!!

Posted by sheds | July 15, 2011 2:14 PM

everything is sold out! gone! everything!
no it's not. just kidding.
or not. no really.

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2011 2:22 PM

$60 a pop? wtf.

Posted by abs_zero | July 15, 2011 4:12 PM

Why would Portishead play Philly or Boston? The crotch and ass crack of America, respectively.

Posted by Anonymous | July 22, 2011 1:13 PM

You are just not a portishead fan if you aren't willing to travel a bit to see them live. No complaining allowed. I'm in NH and I'm making a trip to see the Oct 4 show in NYC. Well worth every cent.

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2011 2:55 AM

Can you email me with some pointers on how you made your site look this awesome, I would appreciate it.

Posted by miniclip | September 3, 2012 5:53 AM

sings too! this training is very good...

Posted by Ar do Carro | June 5, 2013 12:00 PM