Posted in music | tour dates on July 20, 2011

Primus at Bonnaroo (more by Dana (Distortion) Yavin)
Primus

Primus will hit the road in celebration of Green Naugahyde, not the leather alternative, but the band's new LP which is due on 9/13. Each night of their coast to coast trek will feature a pair of sets by the playful/dark bass-heavy trio.

Last year their NYC show was at the Williamsburg Waterfront.Their stop in NYC this year, on 9/30, is back at Roseland Ballroom where they've played at least twice before in the past ten years. Tickets recently went back on presale for NYC and all dates, with a presale code of "hennepin". Tickets for NYC go on regular sale at 10AM on Saturday (7/23).

The new LP features bassist/madman Les Claypool and long-time collaborator Larry LaLonde, with drummer Jay Lane who was in an earlier incarnation of Primus (and later the Primus side-project Sausage). You can preorder that LP in various incarnations (CD/LP/shirt/skatedeck) now.

All tour dates and some videos below...

Primus - Tommy The Cat

Primus - Jerry Was A Race Car Driver

Primus Playing Master of Puppets (Intro Only)

Primus - The Devil Went Down To Georgia

PRIMUS - 2011 TOUR DATES
8/03 Morrison, CO Red Rocks (with The Flaming Lips)
8/05 Kansas City, MO Kanrocksas Music Festival
8/06 Tulsa, OK Brady Village (with The Flaming Lips)
09/23 Boston, MA The Orpheum
10/08 Rochester, NY Main Street Armory
10/10 Louisville, KY Palace Theater
10/11 Ann Arbor, MI Michigan Theater
10/13 Madison, WI Orpheum Theater
10/14 Chicago, IL The Congress
10/15 Des Moines, IA Val Air Ballroom
10/17 Denver, CO Ogden (2 Nights)
10/18 Denver, CO Ogden (2 Nights)
10/20 Mesa, AZ Mesa Amp
10/22 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern

Tags: Primus

Meat Puppets, Primus ... the best bands
for me to poop on

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 2:50 PM

Primus would be great if they had an actual guitarist. The guy they have totally blows.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 2:51 PM

The last time they were at Roseland a few years ago was the WORST show I've ever been to. The crowd barrier broke about 5 minutes into the show so they took a 20 minute break to fix it and played for about an hour total. Plus the crowd was filled with assholes throwing shit at the band (especially the openers, Rasputina)

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:00 PM

Only cool thing about this band is the singer wearing those deliverance hat/overalls in their video. That's it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:09 PM

3.00.....

i was at that show. and yes it did suck. but that's the venue's fault for over selling the show. Not the band.

and yes Primus' crowd does suck a lot. Bunch of brown booze loving assholes (myself certainly included). However their music is some of the most spirited and inventive stuff out there. Truly creative and alternative. I can't wait for this album.

ALL HAIL LES!

Posted by knowYERbassGODZ | July 20, 2011 3:23 PM

you guys aren't going to believe me, but 20 years ago cool people thought Primus was cool. it didn't take us long to see the truth, but we all fell for it initially.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:25 PM

Primus Sucks!!!

They are way better than say... what The Flaming Lips are this generations weirdos?

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:28 PM

Primus sucks? Yeah, iceage, dum dum girls, yuck.

All of that shit will be in around in 20+ years. Bet on it you fucking idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:36 PM

dream sequence .... 2031 reunion tour, featuring Iceage, Dum Dum Girls, Yuck, Odd Future ... 2nd date added, MSG ... should be EPIC!

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:40 PM

primus is actually cooler than most of the shit reported on this site, but you fuckwits wouldn't understand that. move along.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:44 PM

@3:25 I was there too and you are absofuckinlutely correct on that, bubba

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:45 PM

2:51 - Larry La Londe is more talented than ANY guitar player in ANY band mentioned on this site, you halfwit f--kwit!

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:47 PM

3:47, you little child, a can of orange juice with a microphone shoved up it's ass plays guitar better than the tool in Primus. Now, go make my latte and STFU about shit you know absolutely nothing about.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 3:58 PM

fuck all the Ler haters, he's one of the most original guitars players ever

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:02 PM

3:58...bust me for being old but don't call me a child, son! You obviously don't know a thing about music, only how to be a sissy weasel who wouldn't dare say those things out loud. Feel safe hiding behind a keyboard? Wimp!

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:11 PM

C'mon there's gotta be more Arcade Fire, GBV, and Les Savy Fav fans here to bash anything that ISN'T indie-ish BS! This is all you got?

C'mon! BV losers unite!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:19 PM

@3:36 you are an idiot

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:26 PM

Great band... Shitty venue! I wonder how much tickets are? Probably not worth it. Although they put on an incredibly funky show! I'm too old to put up with that annoying crowd though!

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:31 PM

Both shows on the reunion tour in 2003 were super long - the 2nd show which was like 10 days later had the barricade problem - which sucked. radio city in 2004 was good -

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:38 PM

4:11, I know you, I've seen your rants on here before. You are a fool, and foolish is as foolish does. You have no knowledge of music or guitar, and you are in fact a child. I would be happy to meet you, any time and any where, if you decide you want to stop typing like a tough guy and show what you got. Well?

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:38 PM

4:26 hasn't a clue.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 4:45 PM

didn't take very long for this comment section to unravel, shocker

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 5:02 PM

Sailing the seas of hummus > Sailing the seas of cheese

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 5:06 PM

The last show at Roseland was awful. Short setlist, meh everything wack crowd. And I've been to a million Primus shows an several venues.

If anything I hope they play this new album start to finish...new because new!

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 5:10 PM

4:26 and 3:26

get your fucking facts straight.. the only clueless idiot on here is me. You steal my glory again and I will most certainly jump through my lcd monitor and dropkick you both at the same tyme.

tyme.

tyme.

tyme.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 5:42 PM

God I love reading comments on this site. The comments are better than the articles.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 6:04 PM

Winona's big brown beaver drinks pork soda.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 6:20 PM

4:38 - Calling out a fight on a BV thread? Wow, you are a HUGE fucking pussy!

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2011 10:08 PM

That is awesome ! I am so glad I get to see him live, he will be near me in Boston, I'll get my tickets from www.ticketwebsitehq.com, I bought from them a while back and they had good prices and also I had them shipped qicked fast ! Give them a try !

Posted by froszty8519 | July 21, 2011 9:44 AM

Les Claypool rules.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2011 11:02 AM

The last EP was pretty good. I guess they gave up the primussucks web address. That is a shame.

Unfortunately these dates fall over ATP, so I guess it will be my 4th time missing out on a Primus show.

Primus and Built to Spill...something always comes up and I miss their shows. Ah well.

Posted by BLG | July 21, 2011 1:19 PM

everything sucks!

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2011 1:36 PM

Ler plays guitar AND banjo! !! like to see anyone else do that!

Posted by Anonymous | September 20, 2011 4:20 PM