Posted in To Do | music on July 26, 2011

* The Telephones (Japan), Ohnomoon, Exitmusic, White Birds @ Pianos
* Cloudland Canyon, Woodsman, Future Shuttle, La Big Vic @ Glasslands
* Kamala Sankaram, Drew Fleming, Pat Muchmore, Jeff Hudgins @ The Stone
* JD Samson (DJ set), Rusty Lazer (DJ set), American Royalty @ Tammany Hall
* The Postelles, Wavorly, Alex Wong & Ximena, Greg Holden @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Seabrook Power Plant, The Stumblebums, The In Betweens @ Cameo Gallery
* Forro in the Dark (3rd Annual Hudson Square Music & Wine Festival) @ City Winery
* Tim Robbins & The Rogues Gallery Band, The Little Death, Miles Robbins @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Bomb The Music Industry, secret guests (Record release and Silent Barn benefit) @ 285 Kent Ave
* Dred Scott Trio, Todd Clouser's A Love Electric, Michael Daves, Melody Kills, Caitlin Canty, Sara Curtin, Kinetic Method @ Rockwood Music Hall

Ximena Sarinana plays Rockwood Music Hall after opening for Sia and Oh Land at Webster Hall tonight.

Honky, who are playing Cake Shop tonight, features Jeff Pinkus of The Butthole Surfers

Mastodon have a new video for "Black Tongue". Check it out below...

Björk has a new video for crystalline. Check it out below...

What else?

Mastodon: "Black Tongue"

björk: crystalline

Charles Bradley and Menahan Street Band at Ft. Greene park. 6-9pm http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=242996575718456

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:15 PM

So far this Bioplilia stuff is a huge upgrade from Volta.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:19 PM

STP was special...

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:28 PM

YES! Charles Bradley!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:30 PM

my frat bros and i are playing at brother jimmys on 77th, free shots of soco and lime and roofie for all females under 21 with a fake id

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:32 PM

i want some of that shit that killed winehouse

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:33 PM

Get your patchouli stink OUTTA MY STORE!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:40 PM

Billy Fagg! And Whine!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:44 PM

exitmusic at pianos

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:46 PM

Sweet new Xylos video here:

Heard great things about Jessica 6 too! Mercury early show tonight.

Posted by Scott Silver | July 26, 2011 2:49 PM

Hey WAIT! Brother Jimmy's doesn't have live music...

You LIAR!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:55 PM

Heartsounds at The Acheron, 8 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:56 PM

Where's the moral outrage over the Falling Wallendas poster?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 2:59 PM

So what's with the High Fidelity picture?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:00 PM

^me thinks it's: Tim Robbins & The Rogues Gallery Band, The Little Death, Miles Robbins @ Le Poisson Rouge

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:07 PM

^ I'm guessing it's probably one of those movies that the typical BV demographic holds in high regard.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:08 PM

John Cusack > Scott Weiland

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:08 PM

Why Does my FEEDBACK MATTER?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:10 PM

high fidelity is a great movie

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:11 PM

High Fidelity is a fantastic movie - last of the record shop themed flics.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:14 PM

silent barn birthed leonard cohen

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:16 PM

Barry Jive and the Uptown Five must be playing

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:18 PM

I know haters are gonna hate, but High Fidelity is a great movie.

Why are you even reading a music blog, you f-ing troll, if you don't appreciate a movie such as High Fidelity, which was clearly made for music lovers?

Posted by Dan | July 26, 2011 3:19 PM

You only like that movie because they namedrop bands you listen to.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:19 PM

High Fidelity is overrated shite - a bunch of douchbags who think their musical taste is all so high and mighty but one of them really wants to be a lounge singer - thats how superior they are - and really in between the little comedy skits its just relationship movie.

Posted by nygrump | July 26, 2011 3:20 PM

i like that movie because it's got a great cast and is sort of a romantic comedy with realistic outcomes and situations... can't think of too many other comedies that deal with abortion, death, cheating, etc. without it being crummy. and yeah, they namedrop a bunch of bands i listen to.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:23 PM

"a bunch of douchbags who think their musical taste is all so high and mighty"

uhhh, you just described everyone who visits BV.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:33 PM

great movie - The Beta Band "Dry The Rain" always reminds me of it

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:33 PM

high fidelity sucked. I couldn't even finish it. it was lulz because the characters in the movie had as little idea how the entertainment industry works as the retard audience who related to them. talk about wasting your life...

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:45 PM

I liked High Fidelity a bunch when it was first released. Watching it now, I just feel very embarrassed for some reason. I worked in a record store. Did we really talk like that?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:47 PM

Great movie, and an even better book.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:50 PM

3;47 it's ok as long as you are still in college. After that, yes, record store employees really are like that, and no, it is not attractive in any way.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:51 PM

Top 5 types of people who like High Fidelity:

1. The fat
2. The ugly
3. people with AIDS
4. residents of fly over country
5. Colin P Fitz

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 3:53 PM

I wouldn't touch Lisa Bonnet with yer dick, 3:53

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:07 PM

I couldn't enjoy High Fidelity that much because I really fucking hate John Cusack because his perpetual aimless loser demeanor doesn't seem like acting - he really is that guy. But I thought Jack Black made it watchable.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:11 PM

Jack Black made me want to smack him in the face with a baseball bat, then take his We're Only In It For The Money vinyl on general principle (I already have it, original)

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:17 PM

^ The John Cusack thing is probably what kept me from watching this film in the first place. You described his demeanor perfectly (yet we're all supposed to believe he gets all the chicks; fuck that)!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:17 PM

john cusack is awesome... the sure thing, say anything, better off dead. just watch the sure thing and tell me he's not awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:28 PM

Better Off Dead is good. I'll give you that.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:30 PM

oh yeah, and 1408. Sick movie. And actually kinda scary

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:32 PM

"We're Only In It For The Money vinyl on general principle (I already have it, original)"

This is why High Fidelity is kind of a stupid film. Because the people who love it think records like this are actually worth anything on the collectors market(it isn't) Agreed though with another poster that the book is fantastic.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 4:51 PM

4:51 does that red herring taste good, sonny? (you totally missed my point, but you know that already)

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:01 PM

^^ No i got what you were saying. Just did not bother to call you out as the idiot you are.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:17 PM

^^^ oh that's funny little bitch. baseless name calling, typical troll behavior. thanks for reinforcing your douchiness, once again!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:20 PM

^^^^ Hopefully this idiot gets the irony in their last comment

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:29 PM

^^^^^ you are a sharp one, aren't you? you might want to reread the entire thread a few more times for clues. thanks for playing along. our assistant will show you out.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:33 PM

Jack Black is annoying. I once took a dump on a magazine picture of his face, just to say that I did. It felt good.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:36 PM

^^^^^^^Again 5:33 et al. You are a complete idiot and far from clever. By the way who do you speak for? Our assistant? I don't seem to see anyone backing you up.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:40 PM

Hey 5:40, when does your mom get home so I know when the adults are going to be using the computer again?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:46 PM

For real, anyone who is that angry over nothing really needs some supervised institutionalization. Dude, get some help for yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:49 PM

You can bet your bottom dollar that 5:46 and 5:49 are the same idiot (5:33 etc) trying to now show that they have backup. Hilarious, like taking candy from a baby.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:51 PM

it's a fucking movie you imbeciles! now, I admit that Jack Black would make me want to get angry and smash laps against walls, but it's only a movie! get some hummus and chill out. it's a nice day outside.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:51 PM

Sometimes I try to do things but it just doesn't work out the way I want it to, and I get real frustrated and then like I try hard to do it, and I like, take my time but it just doesn't work out the way I want it to. It's like, I concentrate on it real hard, but it just doesn't work out. And everything I do and everything I try, it never turns out. It's like, I need time to figure these things out, but there's always someone there going “hey mike, you know we've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately, you know? You need to maybe get away. And like, maybe you should talk about it, you'll feel a lot better.” And I'm all like “oh, nah, it's ok, you know. I'll figure it out. Just leave me alone, I'll figure it out, you know? I'm just working on it by myself.” And they go “well, you know, if you wanna talk about it, I'll be here, you know? And you'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it. So why don't you talk about it?” I go “no, I don't want to! I'm ok. I'll figure it out myself!” But they just keep bugging me, they just keep bugging me, and it builds up inside.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:53 PM

I'm 5:49, and you are totally off you angry man. You need to get some help, really. You are too angry over nothing.

There is nowadays no stigma over receiving emotional assistance. Also, there are many brands of anti-depressants and anti-psychotics that really do help. You should really consult your healthcare provider for a referral. It really would help your situation. It's so clear that you are in some pretty serious pain. Help is available.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 5:58 PM

LOl at 5:53/5:58. SO fucking stupid. Are you done yet, idiot? Or do you need to keep getting smacked down?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 6:02 PM

I dont know what these idiots are talking about.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 6:16 PM

Does anyone else fold their pita triangle for better scooping action? Or am I onto something new and exciting around here?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 6:18 PM

what a jackoff

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 6:18 PM

This thread has lost me. Though I do regret praising Jack Black in 4:11 because he generally annoys the shit out of me too. I probably just enjoyed him running roughshod over cockless Cusack and that dweeby little Moby shit in the record store.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 6:27 PM

Ok we get it 6:24 and all the other comments you made. Blah Blah Blah over and over again about needing help. It was a lame crack the first time and now it is getting played. Move on to your next genius comment

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 6:30 PM

Like candy from a baby. What a little bitch hahhahahaha

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 7:33 PM

Seriously, go get some professional help, young man. You really are emotionally ill and you need some pretty directed treatment. Your life will not get any better; as a matter of fact, you have nothing but more pain to look forward to. You need help - go get it!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 7:34 PM

professional

help

needed

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 8:59 PM

Holy shit, is that loser seriously still making comments about "seeking professional help" Man you need to seriously get a fucking life.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 9:11 PM

son, you have too much anger for any sane, healthy person to have, and you direct it at all. YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP. Call up Bellevue and check yourself in for Inpatient treatment. YOU NEED TO SEEK HELP. We'll all be here for you afterwards, and I'm sure that with a bit of work you'll be able to patch up the broken relationships that litter your life - family, ex-friends, ex-girlfriends, the rest. There will be time for all that later, but right now YOU NEED TO GET HELP. NOW!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 9:22 PM

you don't have to answer me, but be honest with yourself - this is not the first time that you have heard this advice, now is it?!? of course not. I am confident that there is a whole trail of fractured relationships around you, all the people that you have hurt with your un-dealt with anger. the time is now. the day will come where you will thank me for focusing in on you now. for now, your persistent anger just continues to show that you are OUT OF CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE. face it, you need help. GET IT.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 9:26 PM

LOOOOOUUD NOISES!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 9:32 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 9:54 PM

I think the real issue with you two (?) is coming out. All the other trendies are doing it (how else are you gonna explain you have HIV? :) )!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 10:01 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 10:03 PM

"You know that you're in Bizarro World when there's a psycho imploring someone else to seek out a mental health professional. Only in New York, kids, only in New York."

Amen 9:54. And now the psycho is calling everyone "son" and thinking he is hurting anyone with his comments. Unreal.

(Now comes his comment saying we are all transparent and the same person and we should seek help. Wait for it)

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 10:44 PM

really guys?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 10:59 PM

Is that Weasel Weiner with the pony tail?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2011 11:28 PM

i need professional help, but i only make $70k a year and cannot afford it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 27, 2011 12:19 AM

"so transparent. keep running, son. it'll get a lot worse. you really are a child."

Who are you again? Oh, that's right. Nobody.

Posted by Anonymous | July 27, 2011 11:03 AM