Posted in metal | music | tour dates on August 8, 2011

All Pigs Must Die

"Brooklyn, due to scheduling errors we will no longer be playing the House of Vans show that was originally announced for Thurs August 25th and is now changed to a day earlier on Weds August 24th. We promise to make it up in the near future. See you soon." -[All Pigs Must Die]
That leaves Cold Cave and Converge on the 8/24 lineup with two bands TBA.

All Pigs Must Die are welcoming their new LP God Is War via Southern Lord on August 16th. The band is playing Power of The Riff next week and was recently featured on the POTR mixtape.

APMD added a new show on Oct 1st in New London, Connecticut supporting Integrity with Salvation, Incendiary, Shoot to Kill & Revenge. All dates below...

ALL PIGS MUST DIE - 2011 TOUR DATES
AUG 12 Casbah / San Diego San Diego, CA
AUG 13 ECHOPLEX / Los Angeles ECHO PARK, CA
AUG 15 Elbo Room / San Francisco San Francisco, California
AUG 17 Branx / Portland OR Portland, Oregon
AUG 18 Neumos / Seattle Seattle, WA
OCT 1 El N Gee New London, CT, us

Now if House of Vans could just do away with the metal all together, the world would be a better place

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 3:48 PM

Yea 3:48 lets just make every free show hipster friendly. Fuck off.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:00 PM

metal will never die silly.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:01 PM

Important News Alert: Effective immediately all live shows are hereby cancelled until further notice. That saves you from having to keep re-posting all the endless barrage of cancellations.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:06 PM

@4:01 That's what people said about punk. lol

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:08 PM

I have no problem with metal, in theory, 4:00pm. I just don't like all the angry, sweaty dudes that attend these things. If you were there for last Thursday's Glass Candy show, you might have noticed something different in the audience. They're called girls.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:09 PM

Yeah, I prefer jaded hipsters with their arms folded espusing their I-don't-need-to-acknowledge-anyone-beneath-me attitude while seeing puddles of PBR drool. I win!

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:12 PM

the pigs are going to be in audience. fatty alert!

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:17 PM

wow. metal/hardcore isn't for everyone? what a revelation.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:19 PM

I recall people DANCING. Not beating each other up OR folding their arms.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:21 PM

"wow. metal/hardcore isn't for everyone? what a revelation."

if by everyone you mean anyone over 19, then i agree

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:24 PM

Be sure to tell that to Black Sabbath.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:25 PM

think anyone will wear camo cargo shorts to this show?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:26 PM

will there be waring crews at this show? Man you gotta love hardcore. Seriously, it keeps every mouth breathing mongoloid distracted and away for decent shows. Salut hardcore!

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:31 PM

Black Sabbath is so different from this garbage that people don't even refer to them as metal anymore. I thought they were reclassified as "Stoner Rock" with Dead Meadow and the like years ago.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:32 PM

Yo, Integrity better stay in New London, yo. cuz they ain't welcome in Mystic or Stonington.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:38 PM

yeah, that Chubby fresh dude ain't welcome in New Haven or E. Danbury.

Lulz

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:41 PM

as a man of taste, frohawk will not be at any of these shows

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 4:54 PM

frohawk knows to steer clear of Willimantic

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 5:02 PM

Do you know what it's like to run a joke into the ground? It's what happens when you make the same frohawk joke 6 times a day in every post. Have you ever touched a woman before, 5:02?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 5:31 PM

hey 5:31 the frohawk doubles as a mangina. So eat crap and poop.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 5:39 PM

lol at sausage rock having a band called kill all pigs

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 5:50 PM

I hope it makes you feel like a nice strong wee little man to refer to any music with balls and precision as "sausage rock."

If you want fucking sensitivity and feelings and shit there is no shortage of that type of music out there. Girls will even join you at those shows. And some of the dudes who want to let lose and go ape shit at a hardcore show will be there too. They just might not be feeling as superior as you as an insecure little man making fun of music that stimulates the lizard brain.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 5:59 PM

Lizard Brain is playing?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 6:04 PM

the lizzard brain? wtf? lulz

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 6:17 PM

I find all the comments about girls not being at the shows hilarious.

Hey 4:09, There's plenty of other places to meet 20 yr old greasy, smelly, herpes infested hipster girls besides a show. Like maybe the Woods bar on a Saturday night.

If you rather watch some whiny boy cry baby music or pretentious drivel while staring uncomfortably at groups of young cunts that you don't have the balls to talk to, go ahead.

A bunch of dudes in their 30's that might already have serious girlfriends or wives and grew up with Hardcore and Metal want to let out a little aggression and have a good time? So what? It's not your scene, your fresh out of some liberal arts school, mommy paying your rent, no worries, it's not for you man. Your life is too good to have any aggression. Own it. Comment some more on the Delicate Steve thread or something.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 6:30 PM

I'm so glad it's not just me that has to defend the reasonable side here for once.

5:59's and 6:30's posts should be pasted every time one of these hardcore/metal/etc. articles comes up.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 6:53 PM

^ have you everyone thought about jogging or some other normal adult way of dealing w/ stress. Participating in a lunkhead music scene designed for adolescent males is not a good look.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 6:55 PM

Umm 30+ year old dudes in little outfits hanging out at shows they are at least a decade too old to be performing at (not to mention being in the audience of) is not reasonable. It's actually really creppy.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 7:01 PM

the rest of you fucks will be at tuneyards or some other corporate "fest" waving around neon totem poles or whatever weenie douchebag art students do.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 7:15 PM

I for one don't care about these lame commmenters. APMD only have five songs and are one of the best bands of the year, any fan of music has to be impressed with how much thayve accomplished only slightly riding on the hope conspiracy's coattails. sorry they won't be playing :-(

also how many hipster fucks are gonna be into american nightmare now that Wes is in cold cave... yeesh, hope they don't reunite anytime soon

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 7:16 PM

Jesus...Integrity was around when I was in high school and I'm 35. And they were terrible! That they are still at it is mind blowing. That's just pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 7:36 PM

A good look? Little outfits? It's about a personal preference of music dickbags! I enjoy all different types of music. And who are you to tell me how to deal with my stress? How about I go running as well as go listen to music that I like.

I GUARANTEE that I dress better than you when I go to work everyday. Also, I don't own ONE pair of cargo ANYTHING. You little twats are obviously more into fashion and trying to get pussy than actually enjoying music. And you know what? That's OKAY! Again, OWN IT! Keep living your sheltered and privileged lifestyle and fuck off.

I guess I should listen to a 25 yr old and "grow up" (because ANYONE who's never had to stress rent, food or any other real life problem is an expert on doling out how to be a "grown up" advice) and go jogging and listen to 80's rip off bands that you like because you were too fucking young to be around to listen to the actual bands they're ripping off with their watered down imitation.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 7:44 PM

^do angry dudes beget shitty music or vice versa?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 7:47 PM

no skinny little rich kids with crappy mustaches beget shitty music. get that right

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 8:12 PM

as somebody in my late 30's, i can oh so relate to bon iver and all those other sensitive modern "AOR" garbage that i'm supposed to like. give me this any day.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 8:15 PM

A lot of old dudes throwing haymakers at ghosts in this thread.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 8:30 PM

I really don't get cracks about the quality of chicks at shows like this. I've been going to indie rock shows with regularity - though I don't have a faggot hipster exterior - since college, and the girls are never very attractive. There may be more of them than at a metal show, but that's only a good thing because most of the guys at indie rock shows are pretty unattractive and uncool as well.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 9:21 PM

sausage rock might be worse than fat rock

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 9:30 PM

metal bros are addicted to the peen :(

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 9:49 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 11:02 PM

All ham on deck!

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 11:16 PM

"Let the bodies hit the floor. Haha if you over 21 and into this ish you got some issues."
what does it mean when you're over 21 and going to strip karaoke or "fake proms"?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 11:16 PM

All I know is Converge will own any bands playing this year at House of Vans.....

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 11:25 PM

This show smells like ball sweat. Highschool dudes get a pass....the rest of you dudez is lame.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 11:35 PM

This show is in New London because of some dumb gangsta shit. Fuck it, and fuck the culture it came ftom.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2011 11:48 PM

yes, this is a perfectly acceptable thing for a grown man to be doing. Quit making excuses losers.

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 12:25 AM

i can't wait to riot at house of Vans! perfect riot-party, let's party, let's riot. vans are on my feet!

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 12:49 AM

9:21 - Your insistence on using homophobic hate speech just further exemplifies the stupidity of your ridiculous scene.

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 1:49 AM

^ Illiterate buffoon

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 4:16 AM

I love reading these comments. That being said, metal/hardcore > beach house & other faggot shit you listen to.

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 4:54 AM

You're correct, 4:16: I'm completely illiterate. In fact, I can't read most of the posts or comments on this page. I just come here to talk about hummus and insert MEH into the names of bands I feel are mediocre. You, on the other hand, are a fully evolved, bipedal ape who likes push his sweaty body against other grown men because he's so ANGRY about the fact that he's white, employed (gainfully, perhaps) and living in the wealthiest city in the wealthiest country in the world.

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 10:04 AM

^Truth

Who's ever complaining is a pussy.

@4:08 Punks not dead.

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 10:07 AM

why is there this presumption that because somebody likes aggressive music that they're somehow angry all the time? maybe we just like it loud, menacing and enjoy the adrenaline rush of listening to loud guitars and some guy screaming his ass off. i can't relate to the faux hedonism of the "let's wear costumes and party" crowd nor the "i'm in touch with my feelings" singer songwriter types that are all the rage with so called "grownups".

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2011 11:57 AM

That's cool, 11:57. I respect your right to an adrenaline rush, if that's what this drivel provides for you. I just don't understand why they have to ruin perfectly good lineups at HOV with bands like Pigs Must Die and Ceremony. They should just open up another free warehouse venue called Satan's Dungeon where the doom metal sausage flows alongside blood of goats and virgin hipster girls bussed in from Podunk, Iowa.

Posted by Anonymous | August 10, 2011 2:43 AM

you guys are all fucking babys. get off here, and stop arguing about what music is 'better.' its like arguing about what food tastes better. first and last post here ever.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2011 10:53 PM

5:50- All Pigs Must Die is a reference to Animal Farm by George Orwell. Read a book, moron.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2011 6:44 PM