Posted in dance | metal | music | world music on August 3, 2011

by BBG

Crosses

Crosses is a new crew that features Shaun Lopez of FAR and Chino Moreno of Deftones, and the trio (Chuck Doom rounds it out) have released a new EP for download. Get it for the price of your email address. Though the pedigree of this might indicate something on the heavy side, Crosses definitely resembles Chino's Team Sleep or with moments of (gulp) witch house present. No word on what is next for the trio, but one thing is for sure, Ritualz, AKA †‡†, is not pleased. He tweeted "only thing i can think of right now is that if you have a blog post about that fat fuck stealing my shit to let people know please" and "woke up to attacks by deftones fans. basically they're mad because i came up with the crosses first and they hate everything not deftones?" No word on a response from Chino

Meanwhile, Dave Witte has gathered up an impressive crew of musicians for his latest project Argonauts. Witte will join The Dillinger Escape Plan vocalist Dimitri Minkanakis, East of the Wall bassist Brett Bamburger, and fellow Burnt By The Sun member John Adubato. Though the band has yet to post a new song (they will in the near future according to a recent Facebook post), they are scheduled to play the Gwar-B-Q in Richmond, VA on September 17th. There they'll join Gwar (duh), Darkest Hour, Kepone, Mensrea, DBX, Groundscore, Battlemaster, White Cross, The Occultist and Bloody Crackdown as part of the day-long affair.

WHO?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 10:49 AM

^ ironic "who?" comments only work for popular bands, not brand new groups nobody has heard of. Just FYI.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 10:57 AM

The genre of witch house was been formally renamed "shit" last week.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 10:57 AM

No, I prefer "Who?" to bands I've never heard of that BV subtlely implies I should've already known. Fuck irony?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 11:07 AM

actually, it sounds like he's introducing this band and not implying anything:

"Crosses is a new crew that features..."

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 11:11 AM

11:07 - agreed. "irony" is for those without any real views of their own. Sad to live one's life based upon reacting to others', no?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 11:16 AM

10:57, I prefer the "who" to when BV tries to force-feed me with random ass bands like they've been around for ever.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 11:38 AM

11:16: And I would agree to that as well. I usually don't mind it, but the trendies have all but made that word vomitable now.

11:38: Sorta where I was getting at anyway, but yeah I hear ya. I see these bands whose names I've never heard of, and it's like "What? You've never heard of LupusLupusLupus?" "What's wrong with you? They've been around forever, get with the times!". No, I've never heard of them, sorry.

(I made that Lupus band name up, but you see where I'm getting at)

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 11:54 AM

sounds good. i don't understand, how did crosses rip off ritualz? 2 different names, no? is it because they both use cross imagery?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 12:13 PM

You guys/gals complain too much. wahhhhhhh, whiners. why respond to a post when you have no interest to the posts content. just ignore and move on...

Posted by deathcomescreeping | August 3, 2011 2:11 PM

cross is representative safe.

Posted by coniefoxdresses | August 18, 2011 8:19 AM