Posted in hiphop | music | tour dates on August 2, 2011

by BBG

Jay-Z 7 Kanye West

The Throne (aka Jay-Z & Kanye West) have rescheduled their original set of dates to kick off in late October. The current schedule is listed below and "more dates to be announced soon". The new set of dates include NJ's Izod Center on November 5th & 6th (instead of September 27 & 28). Tickets for both dates go on presale at 10AM with the password "WTT".

Meanwhile, much like the Jay-Z/R.Kelly tour there are reports that the partnership isn't going so swimmingly...

A battle royal has broken out behind the scenes of Jay-Z and Kanye West's new album, "Watch the Throne."

Sources say the rappers -- who call themselves The Throne and are releasing their expected blockbuster collaboration Aug. 8 on iTunes and four days later everywhere else -- are barely speaking to each other as they iron out the details of their upcoming tour...

The sources say West wants flashy concerts with "next-level production," which would cost more than $400,000 per show. Jay-Z is said to be meticulous about costs and already has a larger, long-term advance from Live Nation that he has to pay back.

"Jay-Z can't deal with Kanye," an insider told Page Six. "Jay is a stone-cold businessman. He wants to recoup all of his money from Live Nation. But Kanye wants to upstage rock stars with a blowout show. He doesn't care about costs. He has a lot less to gain from the shows."

West is expected to agree to the conditions of the tour next week, but the business brouhaha between the powerhouse artists might have affected their backstage relationship.

Industry insiders were shocked to see West and Jay-Z perform separately with Young Jeezy last Monday night at the Highline Ballroom [a private event]. "We were expecting them to come out together to perform a track from the album," a source said. "They didn't even go out together after the show."

"Jay-Z is fed up with West's antics," another source said. "He doesn't even want to be around him." However, the two are expected to perform together at a listening party tonight at The Rose Planetarium in Central Park, according to The Post's Dan Aquilante. A Live Nation rep said, "No comment." The rappers' reps didn't get back to us.-[New York Post]

Jay-Z denies the beef and said Kanye is a genius. Jay & Ye hosted a private listening party at The Rose Planetarium in Central Park last night (8/1). According to attendee Erin Carlson, "Contrary to reports, they seemed to be getting along...." Contrary to rumors before the event, they did not perform. "Watch the Throne" is out August 8th via iTunes.

Videos from that private Young Jeezy show at Highline Ballroom last week (7/25), which featured appearances from Bun B, The Lox, Fabolous and others in addition to Jay/Kanye, are below alongside all tour dates.

Young Jeezy x Jay-Z "Go Crazy (Remix)" NYC

Young Jeezy x Kanye West "Put On" NYC

Young Jeezy x Bun B "Trap Or Die"

THE THRONE - 2011 TOUR DATES
12/5/11 Houston, TX Toyota Center
12/6/11 Dallas, TX American Airlines Arena
12/9/11 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Arena
12/10/11 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion
12/12/11 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center
12/18/11 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

this drama is worse than Jersey Shore. fuck should i care for?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:03 AM

Wow sounds like they will cancel the shows if it is already like this...Kayne already backed out of the Lady Gaga tour was it?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:04 AM

So the closest show announced so far isn't even at the Prude - it's at Brendan Byrne Arena?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:06 AM

Drama queens.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:08 AM

They're announcing two more NY shows....

Jay-Z said four NY shows last wk.

Posted by Tiki | August 2, 2011 10:09 AM

Alright, on the douche scale (of 1-10) how high does that picture rank?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:10 AM

Kanye being typical kanye and Jay-z being a business man as usual.

fuck both of them.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:12 AM

So Jay-Z wants the tour to be smaller and more fiscally conservative, hoping not to default on his debt to Live Nation, and Kanye doesn't want to cut expenditures? This argument sounds familiar.

Just don't raise our taxes, guys!

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:15 AM

rescheduled dates because of poor ticket sales

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:15 AM

So Jay-Z wants the tour to be smaller and more fiscally conservative, hoping to not default on his debt to Live Nation, and Kanye doesn't want to cut expenditures? This argument sounds eerily familiar.

Just don't raise our service fees!

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:18 AM

12/12-12/18......how many LA dates you think they'll play?

I say three!

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:22 AM

They will be too busy sniffing their own farts in their dressing rooms to put on any of these shows.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:24 AM

Pulled 2 floor tickets, section 4, almost $550, threw them the fuck back

Rumors of NYC show apparently?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:28 AM

@1028 you should've bought them - it's sold out now and the cheapest floor tickets on stubhub are $575 each; could've been some easy money for you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:33 AM

Jay said on Hot 97 that he's gonna add an NYC show. the real question is if it's gonna be on the friday before or the monday after - if it's the monday after, i'd rather go to the saturday show in NJ.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:34 AM

Got two mid-tier tickets for $390. Decided I'd rather not spend that much money just so I can be annoyed that I spent that much money.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:36 AM

SOLD OUT

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:36 AM

10:15.... uhhh... tickets never went on sale.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:38 AM

Honestly, I'd pay $250 for a floor ticket. Jay-Z plays a full set, Kanye plays a full set, and then Kanye/Jay-Z play their entire new album together onstage? That's roughly 4 hours of A-List entertainment. Some things are worth the money.

You know it's worth the money when every floor ticket re-sells for at least 2x face value.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:42 AM

The REAL question is when 50 coming back out? To kill both of them.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:49 AM

$250? ha. at least you get to say you say coldplay in attendance.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:50 AM

@1050, no I get to say I saw Jay-Z play for an hour, kanye play for an hour, and both collaborate onstage for an hour, less than 100 feet away from me, for $250. if i see coldplay i'm gonna donkey punch their girlfriends.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:51 AM

The post article sounds like BS to me. If the tour starts in a few months, wouldn't they have already put together the stage show? How quickly can you put together the set for a huge arena tour anyway? Actually curious about this.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:54 AM

My only question is does ANYONE on here make enough money that $250 tickets isn't a big deal? i.e. do any of you earn above the poverty line? Does everyone on here make $9/hour and drink dollar PBRs all weekend long? Do any of you go to Yankees games, which all cost as much as this concert?

This price seems very, very normal to me. I'm actually surprised they had a $55 ticket level to begin with. It seems like everyone on here lives the life of a 19-year-old college student, eating ramen noodles for lunch and complaining about ~$75 tickets in NYC being 'expensive.' Adults with salaries, please raise your cyberhands.

Posted by working man | August 2, 2011 10:57 AM

nosebleeds weren't bad, but they're nosebleeds

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 10:57 AM

10:57 I make 70k a year. Money aint a thang

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:02 AM

This rivalry is faker than Courtney Love"s tits. Hasn't the ol' "let's start a feud to sell some tickets" played itsself out with Oasis in '99? This tour will sell well to the dick's of NYC metro area who dress to impress but will leave half empty venues in most of middle America.

Posted by Bob Woodward | August 2, 2011 11:04 AM

ugh those jeezy videos are so disappointing. more typical nonsense from a hip hop show. WHY ARE YOU RAPPING OVER THE VOCAL OF YOUR OWN SONG??? IS IT THAT COMPLICATED TO GET THE INSTRUMNETAL?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:05 AM

lol at A list entertainment. chump'd

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:08 AM

I'm so fucking tired of the word "genius" being thrown around with these clowns and so many others in pop music today. And let's face it, this IS pop(ular) music. I'm not really certain there are many artists in popular music who have come along since Bob Dylan who can carry that label with a firm secure grasp. Who else? I can think of many, many great talents for sure. But genius?

Kanye west is a fucking crybaby pop star. That's all. End. Of. Discussion.

You're fired.

Posted by the donald | August 2, 2011 11:08 AM

"I'm not really certain there are many artists in popular music who have come along since Bob Dylan who can carry that label with a firm secure grasp. Who else?"

Wavves!

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:15 AM

$250 tickets in this economy? it may work in NYC but better pair back that initial tour schedule if you want this to work idiots

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:25 AM

"no I get to say I saw Jay-Z play for an hour, kanye play for an hour, and both collaborate onstage for an hour, less than 100 feet away from me, for $250"

Oooh how jealous people will be when they hear this news. Laughing so hard at this comment. Dude, if you are over 16 you have to be one of the more pathetic cretins that read this blog.

"You know it's worth the money when every floor ticket re-sells for at least 2x face value"

Listen dummy, it was just a presale so only a fraction of the tickets went on sale already. Secondly, what people on stubhub ask, especially initially, is not what they end up getting. Thirdly, if you think you won't be able to grab a cheap floor ticket to this once all the shows are on sale and come week of/day of then you win the most clueless person of the week award on here.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:28 AM

lol @ 11:02. He makes $70,000 so money ain't a thang.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:29 AM

Not sold out yet. Just pulled 106, row 2...

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:40 AM

"Listen dummy, it was just a presale so only a fraction of the tickets went on sale already."

LCD

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:42 AM

How many of yous actually believed (the 2nd) 10:36 post before checking to verify it? :)

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:45 AM

do you think Kanye enjoys hummus?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:48 AM

Yes, $250.00 is a lot for a concert. Especially for people who are regular concert-goers and never pay over $50. You know who pays $250.00 for concert tickets? Babyboomers who go to see only one concert a year, Billy Joel at Mohegan Sun, and then they talk about it all year until they see James Taylor at Foxwoods for $250.00. That's who. No difference between that and this hypefest.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:52 AM

I make 70k a year and hummus aint a thang!

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:58 AM

I am someone who goes to at least 1 show a week (mostly under $30). That said, I jumped at this opportunity to see two guys I have never seen before in a special environment... Hypefest, sure. Will it be a great show, absolutely.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:00 PM

^ this dickhead thinks the Izod center is a "special environment"

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:02 PM

12:02 - I meant them playing together as a 'special environment'. First and last time I will post anything on this, sorry to not put a hummus joke or something hateful. I will just keep using the presale info and beating all you idiots to tickets.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:08 PM

^this dickhead doesn't understand the definition of the word "environment"

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:13 PM

Did you find a fly in your hummus? Or did you accidentally order babba ganoush? I'm sorry your morning is not turning out as smooth and creamy as expected.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:20 PM

$250 + $20 service fees for seats in the back of the floor is not worth it.
It's only worth it if you're up front, and there's a happy ending involved.
BTW, word from the inside is that there were not many of those $55 seats; only a few hundred. They only made $55 seats available, so that they could say that there were cheap seats available. $106 for the rest of the upper level? Are you kidding me?
Do yourselves a favor, and catch KRS-ONE next time he's around. You'll get a much better experience from a much more skilled rapper, than this overbloated b.s. for like $20.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:27 PM

"I meant them playing together as a 'special environment'. First and last time I will post anything on this, sorry to not put a hummus joke or something hateful. I will just keep using the presale info and beating all you idiots to tickets"

The only idiot I can see on here is you. For thinking this is some special show. For shelling out that amount of money in a presale when much smarter people than you will get the same tickets for the same or less price the week of the shows. Although frankly they are idiots as well to go see this piece of shit show. And finally for thinking this will be a great show. But hey, enjoy your delusion moron.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:32 PM

$250 to see some millionaires lip synch? HAHAHAH Why would anyone go to this?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:38 PM

dude, bob dylan is an aging, whiny, money-hungry drama queen who cant write music for shit.

he IS kanye.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:41 PM

My favorite part about these ticket sale threads is the ranting and raving by individuals who think they're professionals at acquiring tickets to these, and I quote, "special environment" events.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:42 PM

This is the kind of show for people who think Dallas BBQ is fine dining.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:45 PM

I have been following the criticism with a watchful eye and, wow, am I impressed. So much insightful dialogue, what a delight to revel in your collective love of music. Jobs at Pitchfork and Stereogum for everyone! Hummus will rain from the sky!

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:48 PM

"This is the kind of show for people who think Dallas BBQ is fine dining"

Hilarious, racist and so true

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:52 PM

this show will be FUN. anything else is secondary. if u dont wanna go then dont come. simple.

and i fucking hate that bbq place @12:45

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:53 PM

There is enough $ involved in this lame fest that I don't doubt there are professionals here trying to make sure the comments have a certain spin ala "special environment"

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:53 PM

nope, I am just a human who likes Kanye West and misused the word environment in a forum post. Sorry to try to enter this demon realm. I will bring the proper hummus gifts next time (never).

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 12:56 PM

What's wrong with Dallas BBQ? I don't think it's THAT bad. Can you name me a better BBQ place to eat at in the city?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:00 PM

^well kanye doesn't like you if he is charging $250 for this bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:01 PM

Dinosaur, but that's harlem.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:02 PM

Dinosaur HANDS DOWN! Hill Country is decent too!

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:09 PM

Let's put this into perspective. Over $540 for a pair of tickets, for 3-4 hours of entertainment.
And this is what you're getting: For that price ($270 is the price range for the ENTIRE floor and some of the lower level seats), it's likely that you will be in the middle or back of the floor very far away from the stage, having to stand on your chair because you can't see past that tall dude in front of you. I, personally, can't justify spending that, but hey if you have money to wipe your butt with, more power to you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:11 PM

hi, it's me again, the guy having a meltdown after using the word 'environment' incorrectly. i just wanted to add that i think jayz is a genius for penning the lyric "i got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." i hope he plays that with kanye somehow, that would be my dream. thanks for your time.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:11 PM

Hey "environment" crusader, I thought you said you'd stop posting.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:15 PM

1:11. You may want to aim a little higher with your dreams.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:15 PM

I have plenty of $. I could go to this thing no problem. But the audacity to charge those prices is so off putting that there is no way I would go. It's beyond tacky. Fuck both of these guys for this.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:17 PM

For $540, I can have the best night at Dallas BBQ ever. Sht, I could eat at Dallas BBQ every day for a week and half.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:18 PM

1:17, I couldn't agree with you more. That's my whole point (I posted at 12:27).
"A fool and his money are soon parted".

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:21 PM

A meal at Dallas BBQ would set you back about $14.99

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:23 PM

it's me again, the meltdown guy. i'm also a christian, like kanye west, and my faith is very important to me. so this is really the perfect concert for me.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:24 PM

@working man, 10:57 - I make a decent living. I can afford $250 a ticket. I just think it's foolish to spend that kind of money on a show in a big arena, where it's likely that you're not going to be up front unless you know somebody or you paid a scalper a lot more. I can think of better ways to spend that kind of cash on a night out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:33 PM

It's especially insulting because these two will just use the money to buy more ostentatious things to brag about in song.

I mean look at that picture of those two assholes.

$250 a ticket so Jay-Z can pay back his 90 million dollar advance from Live Nation or whatever it was. Fuck you! You get none of my money.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:38 PM

Um, Robyn? Hello?!?!?! Totally unstoppable in 2011, top of her game.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:49 PM

^ it's true. Robyn is the spokesperson for our generation

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:51 PM

Dallas BBQ was special.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:51 PM

10:57 'working man' - While it may seem "normal" to you to spend that kind of cash on a show, there are plenty of "working people" who have real jobs that make less than 100k a year who still can't realistically justify spending that kind of money on a night out. This kind of pricing alienates those people, many of which are their real fans.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:53 PM

Does Dallas BBQ offer hummus?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 1:55 PM

yo whitey, this is a stick up. give us all your money.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 2:07 PM

when does school start up again for you all?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 2:12 PM

you are all custy n00bs for paying that kind of loot on these two cowns

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 2:36 PM

I got 99 problems, but Hummus ain't one.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 2:37 PM

maybe kanye's friend aziz ansari will be there and tell jokes about facebook

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 3:02 PM

Brother Jimmy's > Dallas BBQ

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 3:32 PM

@everyone

when i say a $250 floor ticket, i mean the 6th row tickets that i purchased for $270 each after fees. i wouldn't buy tickets in the back of the floor for $250/ticket (actually i would, but i'd sell them and not go), i'm not an idiot. 6th row, kanye and jay-z and kanyejay-z, saturday night, suck my dick. really guys.

i know this was a good buy because i've gotten three craigslist offers for over $500/ticket. if they announce MSG i'll sell these and buy MSG using only profit from my IZOD sales.

and yes, kanye and jay-z are considered A-List entertaiment for anyone who knows what the term 'A-list' means. it doesn't mean your fucking man man gang gang hummus band. It means names that everyone recognizes, and people unanimously regarded as talented industry leaders.

also to the dick saying he's gonna get floor seats the day of the show - you won't. This is an LCD scenario, minus the seven ticket releases. you probably won't even be able to pull floor seats at the general onsale.

Posted by cmon | August 2, 2011 3:54 PM

Never tried Dinosaur, but have heard of it. Will look into that then. I STILL don't think Dallas is BAD though.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 4:11 PM

"Talented industry leaders" haha. Sounds so corporate. Probably because it is. This is a sad state of affairs for hiphop. The people that hiphop was originally created by and for (inner city youth), most likely can't afford to go to these shows. Sad.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 4:39 PM

3:54, keep your "industry leaders". I'd rather go see Talib Kweli in a club for a tenth of the price.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 4:44 PM

3:54, you're grandstanding here to let everyone know that you scored good tickets to a show you're obviously not all that interested in. You justify the purchase by citing the performers as A-Listers and mentioning the price per ticket for offers you received from Craigslist (Why did you even list them in the first place?). What you do with the tickets is your business, but who are you trying to impress here? The majority of the commenters here agree that the price is ridiculous and the venue is terrible.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 4:46 PM

I just stepped in a pile of kanye.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 4:53 PM

@446 not trying to impress anyone, just trying to drive home the point that $250 is not a ridiculous price. the $250 price tag was made to deter scalpers; Jay-Z learned this lesson on his 9/11 show when he sold tickets for under 100 and they were all on stubhub the next day for 300+ - why give the money to the scalpers when you can have it yourself? and i listed them on CL in anticipation of the MSG announcement.

and trust me, i'm very interested in this show. i've seen kanye every time he was in nyc this past year bc i love his music, and he knows how to put on a show (unlike EVERY other rapper in existence, street or not).

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 6:18 PM

To all who say Kanye West isn't an A-List performer... who do you think is A-List?

Please respond only with living artists actively performing.

Kanye West is the closest thing out there to being both A-List and "artistically" good.

The jury is still out on Watch the Throne (and Jay-Z being a legitimate musical artist), but you can't argue against Kanye West. Didn't his last album have a 97 on metacritic? Doesn't that mean everyone in the world likes it (except BV commenters)? What's there to argue about?

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 6:27 PM

Anyone who uses the word A-list to describe music or musicians is a douche. All in favor say "aye!"

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 6:45 PM

^ bv troll of the year

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 6:48 PM

6:45 anyone who uses the word 'douche' is pathetic

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 6:50 PM

6:45 also anyone who makes a call to arms on brooklynvegan is gay

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 6:50 PM

SHIT IS GETTING REAL UP IN HERE!!!!!!

Posted by DANNY | August 2, 2011 6:51 PM

I've been going to hiphop shows since you were sucking on your mother's dick.
Kanye is a good performer. But there are many others that can do just as good or better without the expensive bullshit production.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 6:53 PM

HAHAHAHAHA OH SNAP!!!!!!

Posted by DANNY | August 2, 2011 7:02 PM

6:53 This would be a good time to list some people, so we can all get into another argument.

Posted by DANNY | August 2, 2011 7:03 PM

Hiphop artists who put on great shows and tear up the stage without relying on the crutch of an expensive stage production: Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys, KRS-One, Nas, The Roots, Talib Kweli and Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, just to name a few... I've seen many more, but the above mentioned have always ripped shit up every time I've seen them. No lasers, no explosions, no talking female-voiced spaceships (that's not a joke.. Kanye had that on his 2008 tour..). Just MCs rocking a crowd... which is what hiphop is supposed to be.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 7:31 PM

Republica is an active A-list band you fart knockers.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 8:09 PM

6:27, what makes Kanye a "legitimate musical artist" and Jay-Z's legitmacy questionable? Just curious to hear your answer...

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 9:35 PM

Pete Nice > Kanye
DJ Kool Herc > Kanye
Schooly Muthafuckin D > Kanye

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2011 11:09 PM

I think Best Coast/Wavves are "A-List" performers.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 2:03 AM

Robyn > Hip Hop

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2011 8:31 AM

Ahahah, they're adding the MSG shows now, and just as i called it... they waited to make as much money from scalping the NJ tickets.
I hope all of you who bought up tickets for the NJ tickets hoping to sell them, choke on your tickets.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2011 10:28 AM