Posted in metal | music | tour dates on August 16, 2011

by BBG

Municipal Waste in the studio

Metalsucks has announced its first ever "Metal Suckfest" taking place in NYC on November 4th and 5th at Gramercy Theater. While the bulk of the 20-band festival is still TBA, headliners include Municipal Waste and Cynic. Ticketing info is forthcoming.

Municipal Waste is currently working on material that will surface on their fifth LP, the as-yet untitled debut for their new label Nuclear Blast. No details on album title, but look for it in 2012.

Sure to be a sausagefest of disgusting entitled manchildren

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 9:43 AM

Cynic own you all.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 9:46 AM

retro thrash'd...ugh.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 9:47 AM

Metal Suckfest

Sometimes irony doubles back on itself, with hilariously prescient results

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 9:54 AM

^ I'm sorry you got thrown into lockers back in high school.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 10:07 AM

Sorry you were a closeted homo bully back in high school who threw people into lockers to prove you weren't a fag.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 10:31 AM

I hate metalsucks. Fucking poseurs. (Except Grim Kim)

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 10:34 AM

10:31: Awwww, sorry little trendie. But you're wrong. And try to be a little less predictable, ok?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 10:38 AM

ehhhhh, those are the two biggest names they got? Municipal Waste are always the first of ten band lineups at Irving or Gramercy and get the crowd going but have no real meat. And Cynic can be great depending on which album they decide to "focus" on.

But if those are the headliners, I'm sure there will be a crappy mix of bands they are friends with and favors they are doing for labels to round this out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 10:59 AM

^ Yeah, I have to agree, as that's kinda what I was thinking too. Cynic w/ Municipal Waste? I'm thinking this'll be 1/3 cool band(s), 2/3 shitty bands. Let's see how this pans out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 11:03 AM

metal & sausage...nothing to see here

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 11:57 AM

I've got a pretty good feeling - and I'm not usually wrong about such things - that I could eviscerate 10:38 with a few half-power punches to his puffy flaccid abdomen.

Care to prove me wrong, 10:38?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 12:00 PM

Metal guys ware the kind of guys who couldn't make the sports teams in high school. For the most part I think their pussies. Tattoos and long hair don't make you tough.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 12:19 PM

20 bands
2 nights at Gramercy
a few hundred fans

what's the over/under on the amount of females present?

10?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 12:27 PM

MEHnicipal waste! am i rite?
RIGHT? RIGHT?

over/under on 12:27 being a chick with a dick? micropeen?

nitrous mafia!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 12:43 PM

12:00: Hahaha I must've really hit a nerve with you, LOL! You must've really been squrming! I love it when people get affected by my comments!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 12:49 PM

^metal dudes are mad sensitive. I guess a lifetime of losing will do that to you...

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 12:56 PM

And indie guys are the winners not to be fucked around with.

Which explains why I'm able to prompt responses from these people and they fall right into my trap. Keep it up fellas.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 1:10 PM

what with the guy in the far left in that picture? No visible tattoos, no beard, neon sunglasses....? Did he miss a memo or something?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 1:12 PM

LOL! @ bragging about sitting at a computer all day! municipal waste/a lot of metal, ok most metal, sucks but so does wasting your life in front of a screen..go outside, it's nice out today! and yes i realize the irony of me typing that as i sit here at work. but i did eat lunch outside!!!

"And indie guys are the winners not to be fucked around with." that is GOLD! someones gonna choke you with a sausage if yr not careful! no but seriously, thats good stuff!
GOD BLESS BV COMMENT SECTION! please dont take this from us ever! viva sugarland!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 1:49 PM

^nowhere in the rambling mess was there anything close to a coherent idea

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 2:05 PM

yall need to face the waste

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 2:06 PM

Jesus, some of you people are morons. How about getting a life?

Anyway, Cynic shall rule. Don't care about Municipal Waste since they're boring and rehashed anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 2:17 PM

i like dudes with beards

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 2:19 PM

I'm down with Waste. Cynic is too music school for me. Where da riffs at? Agree that if these two are the headliners, we are truly in for a suckfest (in the not-ironic sense).

They'll probably get Winds of Plague or something because they love promoting shitty whatever-core bands.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 2:53 PM

And indie guys are the winners not to be fucked around with.

...love it....the trolls here are top notch!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2011 3:15 PM

This could be fun and while I half agree that both named bands might not be headliners of note, the size of this theatre might work out well for them. I've been to Gramercy a number of times and it only hold about 650 max. It will be interesting to see who else takes part or who makes guest appearances at the two day event.

Posted by PiercingMetal Ken | August 16, 2011 8:31 PM

Hey, both these bands are still better than Delicate Steve. All these kids talking shit are the little bitches that got beat up by the hardcore kids in high school.

Hey 12:00 pm, you are a little pussy. I bet you would cower into a fetal position as I pummel your feminine 12 yr old frame. Get over high school for fucks sake! It's over! Those bully's can't hurt you anymore, you live in Williamsburg and your mommy takes care of you. No bad men will hurt you anymore.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2011 2:41 AM

Sounds like a cool show to me.
I bet the rest of the lineup will be decent.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2011 8:01 AM

Yeah go get em 2:41 AM Mister Hans and Frans steroid boy.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2011 2:29 AM

The music I like is better than the music you like! lets argue anonymously on a website.

Posted by Anonymous | August 23, 2011 2:49 AM

I just dont understand why you people waste your time posting on an entry about metal if you dont like metal, or like ,why everytime there is a metal show in new york everyone just comments like ' oh no I cant believe we have to deal with this' like someone is going to force you to go to the show.
like, jeeze, we get it you live in a loft in bushwick with your friends that also recently dropped out of the new school and you finally foudn a way to get a at the guys that made fun of your tight pants in high school but give. it. a. rest.
so sick of the comments on brooklyn vegan always bitching about stuff.
(hypocritical^)