Posted in music | tour dates on August 11, 2011

DOWNLOAD: Tommy Stinson - "Meant to Be" (MP3)

Tommy Stinson

Tommy Stinson, an original member of The Replacements, and more recently a member of Guns N Roses, will release his second solo album One Man Mutiny on his own Done to Death Music on August 30. The album is the followup to 2004's Village Gorilla Head. Grab the track "Meant to Be" off the album above via Spin.

Tommy kicks off a three-week residency at Bowery Electric tonight (8/11). The residency will continue on Thursdays for the next two weeks, hitting the NYC venue again on August 18 and 25. Tonight's bill also includes Vanessa Bley and The Veda Rays. The 8/18 bill includes La Dolce Vita and The Liza Colby Sound and 8/25 has The Jay Vons. On 8/24 he's at Maxwell's.

Check out the album art for the new album below...

One Man Mutiny

Doesn't La Dolce Vita have that dude from the Sopranos?

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 7:59 PM

the weakest link from a band composed entirely of weak links. ought to be awesome!

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 8:26 PM

waaaait a second. westerburg is/was no weak link, my fine fucked up friend.

funny thing. doesn't that friend of ryan adams own that club? ryan adams owes his whole career to paul westerburg. or, ripping off him at least.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 8:33 PM

easily the worst possible pic you could've found, BV. why??

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 8:55 PM

@8:33 If you think Ryan Adams owes his whole career to Westerburg, you obviously never listened to early Whiskeytown. That was much more heavily influenced by Gram Parsons. The Replacements influence came in fuller later on, but there was a bit of it on Faithless Street.

Tommy Stinson was actually a member of Whiskeytown for a short period of time.

Posted by Kurt C. | August 11, 2011 8:56 PM

Uh guys, it's WesterbErg.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 8:58 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 9:13 PM

he guested on one album, i dont think he was ever in the band..

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 9:13 PM

Really bums me out that someone that was in the Replacements is playing in Guns n Roses now.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 9:15 PM

His frosted blonde tips and shiny button down make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 9:45 PM

"Sadly, the replacements are probably the ONE band I wanted to see reunite out of anyone. But Chris (the drummer) refuses and Paul doesnt want to do it with session players. Sigh.."

and the little issue that Bob is still dead.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 9:48 PM

The main thing that needs replacement in the replacements is a complete replacement of every band member in the replacents and aslo replacing a new name for the band thereby completely replacing all existence of the replacements.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 9:54 PM

His solo stuff blows. Soft rock.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 10:55 PM

replacents, aslo

Posted by ^^ typo retard | August 11, 2011 10:56 PM

this song is fucking horrible

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 11:00 PM

9:13 he guested on one album that was released, but he was the drummer for the fucker demos, which were not released.

Posted by Anonymous | August 11, 2011 11:13 PM

Tommy started touring when he was 12 or 13, and didn't go crazy or die. Let's show him the respect he is due. The Replacements were fantastic and Tommy was part of it. That's good enough for me!

Posted by Brian | August 12, 2011 12:07 AM

Look me in the eye Then, tell me that I'm satisfied

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 12:08 AM

Look me in the eye Then, tell me that the hummus platter I prepared hath left you satisfied.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 12:44 AM

Big Replacements fan. I don't think I'd want to hear an older Westerberg sing "Gary's Got a Boner" or most of the stuff from "Sorry Ma. I Forgot to Take Out the Trash." I'd prefer not to see a reunion where they attempt any of those snotty songs.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 2:26 AM

replacements are fucking overrated. most of their music was mixed so poorly too...harsh on the ears (let it be), even when some of the songs were good

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 3:11 AM

f you all. hes great. great bassist.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 3:56 AM

Hey 9:54 and 3:11 go fucking kill yourselves you wastes of life. What horrible taste in music you two fuckwads must have. Please please please fucking DIE. I hope your mothers get infected with a new strain of ebola and shit their liquified lower intestines out of their syphilitic assholes.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 5:19 AM

Hey 12:53, stop reading Adbusters and live in the fucking real world. Fuck Adbusters and Fuck Canadians. Think for yourself. Seriously, actually use your poor excuse for a brain and fucking think. Actually, fuck that, just jump off one of NYC's many fine bridges. Any one will do. Kill yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 5:47 AM

12:53 Pathetic. You. Are.

People as useless as you spend their ENTIRE life trying to be heard & convince people, well anyone for that matter that they are worthwhile. This tends to be a constant quest because the majority of the population tend to see right through their senseless B.S. Good luck with your "cause" & endless painful, mind numbing exhaustion.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 5:51 AM

3:11 - um, it's called punk rock, genius. stick to duran duran if you want some 'professional' sounding music.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 9:15 AM

If there was even a chance he'd just play that Bash & Pop record beginning to end, I'd totally go.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 9:58 AM

So much trash talk. One: Tommy is one of the best dudes in the history rock. Two: Tommy is the real thing(spent years busting his ass) like a Ramone or a member of the Clash....so that deserves some respect. Third: Stop your bitching or dreaming about the Replacements possible reunion...? Grow up dudes, shit ends.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 10:00 AM

I am a huge Replacements fan and respect Tommy greatly. I love the Bash & Pop and Perfect records and chatted with him after a poorly-attended show when I was a teenager and found him to be warm, kind and respectful. Great guy, nothing but respect for him.

However, I really wish that he didn't dress in that terrible Las Vegas card shark/guy who watched Swingers too many times style. He looked great as a younger dude and I wish he'd pare it down/class it up a little.

I guess Westerberg's John Lennon glasses are worse and way more pretentious and I do like when he wears those dumb tartan pants, but come on Tommy!

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 11:22 AM

Hey where's Tommy someone find Tommy

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 11:22 AM

i saw the replacements in 1984. now nobody will hire me and i live in my parent's basement.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 3:27 PM

9:48 - duh? they did kick him out of the band halfway through their career.

whats wrong with wanting to see them get back together? every band from the eighties and nineties is cashing in and these guys deserve it the most - they got NOTHING there first time around.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 7:30 PM

*their.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2011 7:33 PM

Tommehy Stinson

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2011 2:39 PM

^took him a week to come up with that.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2011 2:58 PM

^^ and you ought to know, hitting refresh refresh refresh every day waiting to post that! you should really take up a hobby or something. tennis?

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2011 3:41 PM