Posted in music | pictures on September 29, 2011

photos by Dana (Distortion) Yavin, videos by Andrew Sullivan

Radiohead

If you were there, how long did you wait to get inside to see Radiohead play their first of two shows at Roseland Ballroom in NYC last night? I arrived at 8:00 and made it in around 9:00. The line for will call check in (all tickets were will call) wrapped around the entire square block. The end of the line was all the way back at the venue, and had apparently been that way since doors opened. If you didn't have a ticket in advance, did you manage to get in? Lots of people were walking up and down the line with signs explaining why they deserved to get your extra if you had one.

Four Tet was on when I finally got through the doors, but without a good spot, and with all the loud crowd noise, it was hard to focus on the opener. Roseland was packed. Radiohead, complete with 2nd bald drummer, took the stage a bit after 10 and played till after midnight. The concert itself was as special as (any Radiohead fan) expected, but my highlight was definitely the second of two encores which did not seem planned. Nobody in the giant venue (relatively speaking) was ready for the band to leave after they finished with "Morning Mr. Magpie" from the new "King of Limbs" album. The club toyed with turning the house lights back on, house music came on, and the crew even seemed to be breaking down. It could have been an act to make an encore seem real for once. Regardless, it worked and the boys returned to the stage, now all dressed down and in black, to the loudest cheers yet. And this time they closed the night off right, with the one-two punch that was "Street Spirit" and "Nude."

Earlier in the set they played a bit of "The One I Love" which was a nice little tribute to the recently-departed R.E.M. The full setlist is below.

Though I can hardly understand Thom when he speaks, he seemed in a good mood. He asked if we saw the movie "Inside Job" and then I think he said something about nothing being different. He mentioned it was nice to not be sitting around a TV studio, a reference to the fact that their NYC vacation so far has included appearances on both SNL and the Colbert Report. The merch included special t-shirts made just for the shows (pics below).

Radiohead do it again at Roseland tonight (9/29). More pictures, some great videos, and the setlist from last night, below...

Radiohead - All I Need live at Roseland 9/28/11

Radiohead - Reckoner live at Roseland 9/28/11

Radiohead - The National Anthem live at Roseland 9/28/11

Radiohead - Street Spirit live at Roseland 9/28/11

Radiohead - Nude live at Roseland 9/28/11

Radiohead Concert Setlist at Roseland Ballroom,
New York, NY, USA on September 28, 2011

Bloom
Little By Little
Staircase
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Feral (Live concert debut)
Subterranean Homesick Alien (First performance since 2003)
All I Need
Everything In Its Right Place (with "The One I Love" intro)
Lotus Flower
15 Step
Myxomatosis
Codex (Live concert debut)
The Daily Mail
Bodysnatchers
Reckoner

Encore:
Give Up The Ghost
The National Anthem
Morning Mr Magpie

Encore 2:
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Nude

meh, hummus, what time does daft punk go on?, Frohawk, BEANS, clown shit, blah blah blah blah blah

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:28 AM

There ya go! no reason to post anything else. Jobs done here people.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:28 AM

wtf is that setlist

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:28 AM

This show isn't my first but will remain the most memorable due to the circumstances ie first NYC show in years, Subterranean having been played, etc. Whatever about the haters, haters gonna hate. I showed up at 7 and went towards the front of the line because I'm not a sucker. Massive lolz at anyone who went to the end of the line. Cool integrity bro.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:49 AM

I had a great time profiting off this band tonight and can't wait to do it again tomorrow. $600 to walk some idiot into roseland ballroom, easy money.

Posted by Ticket Scalper | September 29, 2011 3:55 AM

I'm really happy for you for been so smart ^^^
No Bends, one from Hail to the thief, one from Ok Computer and a bunch os the pretty shitty new stuff. At least they played decent songs from In Rainbows. Other than that...better lucky tomorrow!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:06 AM

" and a bunch os the pretty shitty new stuff."

if you went there thinking that the set wouldn't be heavy on the new stuff, you were delusional. I went expecting it and didn't leave disappointed at all.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:10 AM

Yorke looks ill. Cancer?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:26 AM

My mother's dead.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:28 AM

I was there.

O V E R R A T E D

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:33 AM

@4:28am

not ill. just the product of aging and hundeds of years of british inbreeding

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:44 AM

@4:06 - Street Spirit is from the Bends

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 6:07 AM

It's cold here. Houses gleam like unsculpted nuisances. Dan Rather sits in an alabaster highchair, cackling in his stentorian monotone. Papery apple skins drip-drop from cracks in the roof, always receding yet never there. A horse wails like an infant.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 6:11 AM

what time did the line finally let up? that seems ludicrously long.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 6:44 AM

All to hear 2 hours of shitty songs that sound exactly the same.

Radiohead have become a parody of themselves... trying to make "OK Computer" over and over, only more boring.

I should have bought some tickets to scalp. Radiohead fans are fucking morons, and nobody should feel guilty about ripping them off.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 6:55 AM

Congrats to those who got tix for the shows...Codex...best Radiohead song since Let Down.........

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 6:59 AM

2nite will be awesome! i can feel it!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:04 AM

allot of people light up in there? gettin sum delivered before the show later...

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:06 AM

incredible! excellent job boys!

Posted by subterranean homesick alien | September 29, 2011 7:08 AM

Nice but where is Separator!!!! That would work well live!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:36 AM

No "Creep?!?!" How predictable.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:39 AM

Greatest band on earth. That is all.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:46 AM

7:06, I was planing on burnin' a few tonight. Seems about the only thing that will make this snooze-fest bearable.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:48 AM

cannot wait for their nostalgia tours of Kid A and Amnesiac

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:51 AM

Looks like there will be some wet little lambs on line today ... BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:55 AM

great pictures!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:05 AM

Weak. Would love to get a ticket for tonight, but it's not worth the $500 "market" rate for this setlist

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:17 AM

Baseball last night was better than this setlist

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:18 AM

Love Radiohead. So relieved I didn't pay market prices for this setlist. Awful.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:41 AM

R A D I O H E A D S U C K S!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:44 AM

can't believe they didn't play "Pop Is Dead"

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:53 AM

1. The trolls radiohead articles attract are always A+
2. I'm actually pretty happy that I got to watch baseball last night and go to the show tonight
3. If you were seriously expecting a Bends/OKC/HTTT heavy set for these shows, your a fucking idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:56 AM

Baseball last night was better than almost anything else! Now THAT is an end to a regular season, all the way around (unless you are a Boston fan, but they're retards anyway)

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:58 AM

I've got $500 that says tonight's setlist will be nearly identical to last night's. Changes in song order, and I predict Paranoid Android in place of SHA. Encore = Creep & FPT

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:01 AM

What's with the guitars? They still use those things? Zing!

Posted by Howard | September 29, 2011 9:01 AM

Anyone who missed this show was treated to an incredible night in baseball. I think baseball fans got the better end of the deal.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:02 AM

i'm going in with open eyes/ears tonight, but am hoping for at least a few nuggets and deeper cuts. was there anywhere in the venue that was relatively comfortable to be, or was the entire place packed to the gills (ie, even the bar area, the lobby area, tops of stairwells in the back, etc)?

thanks

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:03 AM

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:05 AM

If you don't like Radiohead - WE DON'T CARE, WE LOVE RADIOHEAD

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:07 AM

Seriously why don't they play the same songs over and over?! I mean they should probably stop making new music, let alone play those new songs live!! I want it to be 2000 FOREVER!!!

Show was amazing, although filled wall to wall with dudes. Ick.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:11 AM

Paplebon screwed the pooch

Posted by Blag the destroyer | September 29, 2011 9:16 AM

Ouch for anyone who paid a crazy resell price for that set list.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:16 AM

Wow - thanks for the pics and vids. What camera do you use - a Leica maybe?

Tried to get tix for tonight but I can't justify 500+ on a ticket even for my favorite band. Just going to have to wait for the tour, presuming there is one.

Posted by jrock | September 29, 2011 9:17 AM

If you are showing up later than your friend who bought tickets are they allowed to leave your ticket at will call for you?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:18 AM

So is BV going to start posting news about Thom's bowel movements, too? I like RH as much as the next joker, but enough already with the RH posts. Every other post is about RH.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:20 AM

OK, what are the chances of tickets being released today?

Posted by Liz | September 29, 2011 9:23 AM

Funny that the New York Times Reviewer left before the second encore. Nice job guys.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:24 AM

I just had a really nice bowel movement.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:24 AM

1) I find it hilarious to see kids complaining about King of Limbs....the songs are much better live trust me. You'll like it when you see them next year
2) If you ever seen Radiohead, you know they change up setlists so tonight will be much different
3) What baseball games are you guys talking about?

Posted by Takk | September 29, 2011 9:24 AM

no creep?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:29 AM

"...I like RH as much as the next joker, but enough already with the RH posts. Every other post is about RH."

RADIOHEAD IS IN TOWN. THEY ARE PLAYING 2 CONCERTS AT ROSELAND. THIS IS A WEBSITE ABOUT MUSIC AND NYC. THIS IS NEWS YOU F--KING MORON!!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:35 AM

9:24 i thought the same thing. love how NYT gets into the show based on the merit of their crummy paper, yet their reviewer leaves before the second encore. brilliant.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:35 AM

"And if you want to hear Paranoid Android these days, you have to see Weezer (who have been throwing it in their sets these days)."

in 08 they played it like every other night, you'll hear it next summer

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:39 AM

I've got $500 that says tonight's set list will be better than tonight's baseball...

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:43 AM

Like the other times I have seen them, the band was happy up on stage smiling and giving thumbs ups to each other, jokes with the crowd, they looked like they genuinely were enjoying themselves. The crowd was happy too - even Philip Seymour Hoffman I spotted - the whole time. Hate all you want, people enjoyed it and the band did too. If you don't like it then you don't like it but people do enjoy it and that is just fine.

and, before you assume I paid a ton of money, I did not. A ticket through a friend through WASTE

Posted by gone gardens | September 29, 2011 9:44 AM

Impossible! Premier Yorke never smiles! He lives in constant torment!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:48 AM

can we get back to discussing baseball please? what a night.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:58 AM

I wish I was there, but I couldn't get tickets. It's so weird having one of my favorite bands playing only a few blocks from my apt and being unable to go. I guess next week's Portishead show will make up for it though.

Baseball was fantastic last night. Epic collapse by the Sox. Loved it.

One other thought, Radiohead on The Colbert Report was very entertaining.

Posted by Dan | September 29, 2011 9:59 AM

Only time I have ever seen a decent gig at the Roseland was when Strummer played there (then again, he was killer at the St. Ann's Warehouse too).

If you did not see Radiohead at Liberty State Park in 2000, you missed out.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:01 AM

No "Pop Is Dead," no care.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:03 AM

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:05 AM

anyone who still goes to NY Times for news probably still has a rotary dial phone as well (one that makes up the number it thinks you should dial)

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:06 AM

Happy the show didn't scare off the douche patrol

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:12 AM

Huge shoutout to all the awesome people around us, you guys were great!

Posted by Abby | September 29, 2011 10:12 AM

"If you did not see Radiohead at Liberty State Park in 2000, you missed out."

ps - I've seen RH 9 times...tonight will be #10.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:15 AM

The second encore was definitely unplanned - we got the setlist after the first encore, as they had started to break down a little, and it ended with Magpie. Fans winning!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:15 AM

"Fans winning!"

You quoted Charlie Sheen, Radiohead hates you...deal with it!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:17 AM

how come the band never takes their shirts off? sigh.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:17 AM

10:15am =

White person travelling can be broken into two categories – First World and Third World.

First world is Europe and Japan, and man, this travel is not only beloved but absolutely essential in their development as white people.

Every white person takes at least one trip to Europe between the ages of 17-29. During this time they are likely to wear a back pack, stay at a hostel, meet someone from Ireland/Sweden/Italy with whom they have a memorable experience, get drunk, see some old churches and ride a train.

What’s amazing is that all white people have pretty much the same experience, but all of them believe theirs to be the first of its kind. So much so that they return to North America with ideas of writing novels and screenplays about their experience.

Upon returning home, they will also find an affinity for a particular beer or liquor from a country they visited. They use this as an excuse to mention their travels when at a bar. “Oh, I’ll have a Czechznlishiyush Pilsner. You see, that was my favorite beer when I was travelling through Slovenia and the Czech republic.”

The second type of white person travel is Third World. This is when they venture to Thailand, Africa or South America. Some do it so that they can one up the white people who only go to Europe.

But like with Europe, white people like to believe they are the first white people to make this trip. As such, they should be recognized as special and important individuals.

That’s right, by going to a country, riding around on a bus or train, staying at a hotel or hostel and eating – they are doing something important for the world.

If a white person shows up in your country, you can make them feel fantastic by saying how you’ve never seen a white person before, and that you are amazed by their iPod – “a device that plays many songs? impossible!”

They might give it to you, then you can sell it for profit. Repeat as necessary."

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:20 AM

Did anybody see Tom Yaps there???

Posted by Daniel Bard | September 29, 2011 10:22 AM

"If you did not see Radiohead at Liberty State Park in 2000, you missed out."

pretty sure that was 2001. they actually played roseland in 2000

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:23 AM

Reports of a ticket dump at the door at 9:45 true?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:28 AM

The Yankees let the devil rays win last night in a tactic to stick it to the red sox... Discuss.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:28 AM

I wish that I could go see them again tonight. my fingers were not quick enough for a Thursday show. But if anyone has recordings for tonight's show in mind - share please!

Posted by anon e mouse | September 29, 2011 10:30 AM

Completely false, i was there until 10:45 waiting and there was 0 ticket dump. There will be none tonight either. Strangely there were at least 100 unclaimed tickets to last night's show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:33 AM

HEAD FOR RADIOHEAD - $800 (Financial District)

Date: 2011-09-29, 9:51AM EDT
Reply to: sale-jashw-2623351625@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Ok. Straight forward and honest. I would like to get head/laid by one of those super hot girls you always see on the subway and say, "IS THAT SOMEONE FAMOUS? WTF? SHES THE MOST RAVISHING CREATURE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. "
Is that too much to ask? I'm not ugly.
Give me that, and the ticket for tomorrow's show THURSDAY 9/29 is yours. It's that simple.

Is Radiohead worth that to you? (I know you're nodding) We both know you've done it for free (clearly less that $800.00)

MUST INCLUDE PICS. WOMEN ONLY.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:35 AM

Thanks, 10:33.

Yeah, great and all, but would certainly not pay about face for this.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:35 AM

9:35 - Lots of great bands visit NYC on a regular basis. And yes, Radiohead playing a small-ish venue is kinda special. But seriously... enough already.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:37 AM

I can't believe I got in with my sign. Yeah I was the "Dear Potential BFF" guy. NO ONE, I REPEAT, NO ONE HAD AN EXTRA TIX. I ended up paying about 3x face value from some high school girl around 9pm.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:40 AM

1. Yes a bunch of people fired in up last night, you should too!
2. If you like baseball, but not Radiohead, why the fuck are you posting here you loser.
3. The setlist is amazing and what's more amazing is that they were able to perform their new songs from King of the Limbs live, I thought that was impossible.
4. This is one of the greatest bands of our century, whether you like it or not.
5. Baseball is only watched in America, there is no such thing as World baseball.

Posted by the.talented | September 29, 2011 10:42 AM

Very true 10:37, my curiosity is now more focused on how does the Chavez show work...set times?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:42 AM

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:44 AM

Should have sold my ticket for big $$$ and gone to the Aristocrats. Roseland = Deep Suck. Radiohead nowhere near big enough to compensate for it. The Four Tet set was really good though aside from the drunk assholes by the soundboard screaming for every woman in the general vicinity to show em their tits. Classy scene.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:44 AM

In response to 10:20 AM 'Anonymous'

One of the MOST AMAZING responses to a lame travel post I've ever read. So true re: "In 2000, I spent 18 months traveling through China and SE Asia, having this greatest time of my life. Sorry friend, YOU missed out!!" !!! DYING laughing!!!

Posted by Gael | September 29, 2011 10:47 AM

thom yorke will be at arlene's grocery friday night re-enacting scenes from ace ventura: pet detective.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:49 AM

In response to 10:20 AM 'Anonymous'

Posted by Gael | September 29, 2011 10:51 AM

About 50% of the Four Tet set was a huge disappointment

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:51 AM

I was there last night. Got too shit faced to remember every single moment, but the overall vibe and experience was absolutely amazing. All of their newer stuff live was incredible. The venue was PACKED and I couldn't really see the stage - but their sound was excellent and it was a fucking great concert. I cannot wait to see them in 2012. Radiohead live is second to NONE.

Posted by Fan | September 29, 2011 10:53 AM

Amazing show. People were offering $1,000 for a ticket to the line and there were no takers. Never seen anything like it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:53 AM

I WISH the Yankees had the balls to tank and play none of their starters in a meaningless game. As it stands, they just sat everyone after they went up 7, their point being made.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:54 AM

uh, there were at least ten people that paid the bouncers at the waste entrance and walked right in. so, yeah, people without tickets did make it in last night. if you want to get in tonight, i suggest hanging out near the waste entrance. fewer people, no police, and the bouncers will get you in for the face value.

also, pissed for missing baseball over this crappy set, with the douchebag bros all around me.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:54 AM

i got a ticket at the door around 930
but was in the back and could not see

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:55 AM

@10:42
Baseball is one of the most watched sports internationally. You couldn't be more wrong.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:55 AM

10:20, that is one of the funniest posts I've seen on here that didn't have anything to do with hummus, Sp1n D0ctors, making 70k a year, KBK, Frohawk, or Deer Hoof/Tick/Hunter, etc.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:56 AM

how are people really hating on this set? wtf is wrong with you all.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:57 AM

10:54, the bouncers probably won't be taking bribes again tonight, now that you put them on blast.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:58 AM

Lol @ the original poster who thinks that he had a "meaningful" experience at the concert and that it was unlike any concert in other places. He should read that newish Hipster Runnoff post about going to concerts.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:01 AM

"Liberty State Park shows were August 2001. "Dollars and Cents" with the Trade Center Towers as a backdrop. Still gives me chills thinking about it."

i missed this gig, but that gives me the chills just imagining it. wow

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:02 AM

$200 total got me and 2 friends in last night. Just don't try that at the main entrance.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:02 AM

WOW amazing photos and videos of last nights show here. You guys covered the evening to a T. Thanks so much for the uploads, must be nice living in NYC.

Posted by Fake Plastic Tunes | September 29, 2011 11:07 AM

"If you don't like Radiohead - WE DON'T CARE, WE LOVE RADIOHEAD" 9:07 AM

This was posted by Pitchfork's webmaster

Posted by Ron | September 29, 2011 11:08 AM

Radiohead fans are the dumbest people in the world. These sheep are Paying $600 for a ticket to listen to their shitty new songs that only promote their freemason agenda.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:09 AM

Album Leaf was great. PLENTY of room.

Posted by Ajax | September 29, 2011 11:16 AM

shut up Ron, do you think only Pitchfork like s Radiohead?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:18 AM

Lol that setlist is ass and TKOL is ass. Baseball was intense as fuck watching all 3 games at the same time.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:20 AM

Definitely not show of the year.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:21 AM

"The venue was PACKED and I couldn't really see the stage - but their sound was excellent and it was a fucking great concert."

Hmm, perhaps I should listen to Radiohead on my iPod and spend the evening inhaling hummus farts on the crowded L train. Sounds like a similar experience, except I won't have to wait in line an hour to do it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:21 AM

Subterranean Homesick Alien

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:23 AM

@10:15, I was in China and SE Asia in 2001-2002. Thank you for laying the goundwork to make international travel to remote places accessible to typical travelers such as myself. You are a true pioneer and trailblazer...let this not be forgotten.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:24 AM

i think they really are playing ATP this weekend

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:42 AM

I would bet that Radiohead will be at ATP this weekend!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:47 AM

Remember when Pearl Jam was being flown into Woodstock '99? Wow...that really worked out for the crowd.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:49 AM

@11:42 and 11:47 i kind of have the same feeling. probably Sunday.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:50 AM

Why would you kids think they're playing at ATP lol.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:53 AM

11:53 because it could make sense for them to do it, considering the equipment would not need to travel far, and Mogwai canceled long enough in advance to make arrangements, having said that, I am sure some BV user has a doctorate in visa law and will explain how they can't play the dates.

I have no hopes for them to be there, but one never knows and I would not be disappointed if they didn't show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:59 AM

btw it's entirely possible to transfer/exchange/hand off/resell the hard tickets after claiming them at will call. lot of misinformation on craigslist and other places (shocker), but aside from needing the credit card, it's really not all that strict at the door.

Posted by anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:59 AM

no way in hell they're playing ATP, for so many countless reasons. dream on.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:02 PM

Can anyone comment on what the sightlines were like at the show last night? Around when did you have to enter the venue in order to still be able to see the stage?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:03 PM

"no way in hell they're playing ATP, for so many countless reasons. dream on."

Countless reasons? Please rattle off a few. I'm not being snarky, I would just love to see them at ATP and wanted to know why this is just a 'dream'. Thanks

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:08 PM

@1159 set times are posted for atp. not happening!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:09 PM

@1208 let's see

-Blatant VISA issues
-They have never, ever played ATP before
-New Jersey sucks, and Radiohead have publicly acknowledged this
-Radiohead have made solid announcements that these are the only 2 shows until 2012
-IF Radiohead were playing ATP this weekend, there is absolutely NO reason why they wouldn't announce their performance. No one benefits at all from a "surprise" performance by Radiohead except people who already purchased tickets; it's anti-profit.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:10 PM

they won't be at atp, you can bet on that

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:11 PM

If you're shorter than 6'2", you need to be inside by 8:30 at the latest. Unless you're willing to cut the line, you should probably get over there by 5.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:16 PM

Posted by anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:19 PM

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:19 PM

if you have a waste ticket, you can show up at 6, and basically cut the line anyway. the reaction of the sad ticketmaster people who wasted their day waiting on line, only to find the first five or six rows already filled was priceless.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:20 PM

"heard they just added a last minute appearance on jimmy fallon monday night, so they'll be in town this weekend...just sayin"

- They taped the performance last week. It's just airing Monday.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:22 PM

Great show (if you love KOL, which I do), but not anything mindblowing. Momentum was slow, breaks between songs allowed for all the douches to incessantly update pics to fb and twitter rather than clap. Spoiler alert- your fucking smartphone is ruining the show. Absolutely HATED the crowd. bunch of fucking oblivious assholes (at least around me).

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:24 PM

@12:03 entered venue around 8:30...was near soundboard (right side) and was able to see with relative ease, albeit not the closest but the sound was perfect and i could see what mattered....end of the day you're inside and it's great regardless.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:25 PM

You don't even need the credit card. You just need a picture ID.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:36 PM

i had to pay $400 and take 10" up my butt, but it was worth it to see radiohead. the 10" made me walk around funny for a couple of hours.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:38 PM

"In 2000, I spent 18 months traveling through China and SE Asia"

^ I'm kinda curious as to how you crammed 18 months into 1 year. Can you elaborate? Do you have a time machine? A wormhole? What's the story?

Great show last night. The REM intro to EIIRP was a classy move. Can't believe they did Subterranean Homesick Alien, so great to see live. Also cool to see some setlist changes, such as Reckoner as a set closer and EIIRP mid-set instead of set closer/encore. Love that we earned the 2nd encore.

Hoping to find a way in tonight but if not, NBC comedies & Always Sunny will suffice. Fully expect them to still focus more on the newer material - Separator should be debuted tonight - but switch up the order, and a lot of the non-KOL stuff will be sub'd out for other non-KOL stuff. Paranoid Android for sure tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:44 PM

anyone else completely bummed out about sunday's lineup now that mogwai is gone? on top of not getting radiohead tickets, this has been one shitty week for concerts..

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:49 PM

I too believe the Yankees threw the Tampa series. It's too bad though because I really don't see them getting past the first round with their starting pitching.
I'd rather go to China than see Radiohead.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:50 PM

Bradley Cooper was tripping balls

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:51 PM

9:11 - "Show was amazing, although filled wall to wall with dudes. Ick."

Pretty much eliminates the theory that ugly music dorks with ninja ticketmaster captcha skills hit paydirt by getting laid by "hot, hot girls" for their plus 1.

@10:20 - Your post was amazing!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:52 PM

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:52 PM

Fortunately I'm part of the 20%

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:55 PM

"radiohead will not be playing atp because atp extended public enemy's set to make up for mogwai cancelling. and atp is strict about ending on time, so no radiohead after portishead."

while I don't think that radiohead will really be there, that's not the reason. PE's longer set time has been changed again, and now there is just a dash in the lineup:

Public Enemy - 6.30pm-7.30pm
Portishead - 10.00pm-11.30pm

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:57 PM

"Does anyone else just feel let down by the human race after reading BK Vegan commenters?
80% of the commenters on this blog just seem like the worst human beings on the planet"

LOL, quoted for truth. Def not a helpful, warm, fuzzy bunch on the whole. At times, repugnant. Oh, well.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:59 PM

@12:57

That's old. Here's the updated cards, adjusted 2 days after the post you've linked.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 12:59 PM

In a recent interview with Q magazine the Beady Eye frontman said he had never heard d Radiohead's 1997 album 'OK Computer' and says he doesn't agree with it being voted one of the 'greatest albums' of all time.

''I've never even heard 'OK Computer', but anything by Radiohead doesn't make much sense to me,'' he said. ''Everyone's going on about Radiohead pushing things forward, but the only thing they’re famous for really is songs like 'Creep' innit?''

As previously reported on Gigwise, Gallagher also accused Radiohead of copying The Beatles.

Adding: ''I mean we've all written songs like 'Creep', y'know, them classic songs. 'Karma Police' is alright, but it's The Beatles, innit?"

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:01 PM

And I wouldn't say that anyone "expects" Radiohead at ATP, simply that there's a very minimal chance (based on being in town, being close to Geoff Barrow, etc).

Like, if another random arena band came out on Saturday/Sunday in Asbury, the reaction would be "wtf, didn't see this coming".

If Radiohead came out, the reaction would be "what? I mean, I knew it COULD happen, but it just seemed impossible!"

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:02 PM

@12:57, i went by the timecards since they were updated on 9/26: http://www.atpfestival.com/assets/timecards/index.html

in any case, radiohead will not be there, i wish i could sell my sunday pass and get my money back, and hopefully radiohead will do a full tour next year and sell the tickets only through waste.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:04 PM

it IS impossible, they are not going to be there. you guys are really kidding yourselves, but keep it up if it makes you feel like atp was worth your money

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:05 PM

vegans are better than the human race

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:05 PM

ah i see someone else already beat me to the timecards link.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:06 PM

Gallagher's comments about Radiohead are the opposite of this"

"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:07 PM

well...not to say that i think that radiohead will be playing atp...

but...wouldnt it be more valuable NOT to announce atp ahead of all this incredible/ridiculous hype? i mean every major news site (even effing cnbc?) is reporting everything radiohead.

im sure if they waited until tomorrow to announce, they'd still get massive last minute ticket sales...

but again...i doubt that they'll play.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:13 PM

Beady Eye is a ripoff of Brian Jonestown, they are not good enough to rip off The Beatles. Fuck that guy. I mean, cmon

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:14 PM

Radiohead at Liberty State Park was August 16, 2001 and it was a great show but the best of the seven Radiohead shows I saw were both at Hammerstein Ballroom in 1998 on August 26 and December 19.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:14 PM

Did anyone see S P I N D O C T O R S in the audience? I think Thom said something about how The S P I N S are definitely his favorite band, but like you said he is kind of hard to understand.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:18 PM

just wearing my leather jacket gets me into shows

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:18 PM

Phillies!!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:18 PM

I hope Radiohead reads these! They need to know this stuff to make their show better.

Posted by Señor | September 29, 2011 1:21 PM

You know who never has to make their show better? S P I N D O C T O R S. They have achieved the ultimate Nirvana with their electrifying live performances. See The S P I N S. No moping around crying at their shows. Just pure rock and jams, lots of jams.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:23 PM

Cardinals!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:26 PM

The exact Brooklyn Vegan comment percentages are as follows.
60% brainless banter
25% decent music discussion
8% hummus
5% frohawk
1% meh
1% daft punk set times

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:27 PM

Which one of those categories do you fall into??

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:31 PM

1:14, those Hammerstein shows were in 1997.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:31 PM

1:27 listens to Salem & lives in Williamsburg

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:32 PM

Actually, the Daft Punk thing has pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur...but I'm sure my comment will revive it in the hearts of a few bored people.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:32 PM

@1225 thanks for the answer. just wanna make sure i can actually see my boys play tonight. i'll try to get inside by 830 (show up at venue by 715 should hopefully do it)

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:34 PM

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to trade a spare ticket for a virtually new MIM 60RI Fender Telecaster?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:34 PM

As Thom Yorke's mum, I can tell you that his absolute best performance was the time he claimed that 'I hurt him' after pouring scalding hot water down his trousers.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:34 PM

@121...right...im sure RH has nothing better to do while in new york than to read this thoughtless banter

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:35 PM

@ 1:27 Hey its the internet polling police!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:35 PM

"I'd rather go to China than see Radiohead."

i went to japan in 2004 and saw them there. i know it's not china but am i cool?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:36 PM

1:31... I fall into the 8% margin mostly.

Pass the pita triangles!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:38 PM

The Black Crowes get better and better every year. Three Snakes is my favorite but the songs from Lions really come alive in concert. Can't wait for tonight!

Posted by Jeff | September 29, 2011 1:39 PM

We are all cool?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:40 PM

Nope

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:42 PM

Damn!! That is what I was afarid of....

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:43 PM

Great clip of Subterranean Homesick Alien here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvvw0Ia0vUo

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:53 PM

Not saying Radiohead will be at ATP, but I don't think Public Enemy is going to play for 2hrs. Someone else will come out

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:13 PM

Man, i went to iraq to see radiohead. im the hippest of them all

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:14 PM

"I don't think Public Enemy is going to play for 2hrs. Someone else will come out"

yeah, The Hold Steady will be filling that Mogwai slot

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:14 PM

Anyone know what Steve Albini thinks of Radiohead?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:15 PM

Look at all those hipster dipsters!!

Posted by BT | September 29, 2011 2:28 PM

They didn't play "creep". I want my money back.

Posted by Keith | September 29, 2011 2:31 PM

12:52 - Part of the problem is also that a large percentage of "hot, hot chicks" aren't into Radiohead.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:31 PM

Thats why they are playing BROSeland Ballroom.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:35 PM

Dear Huge Fan,
There are a finite amount seats available in any given venue. Those seats were purchased by folks that got there quicker than you. Ticketmaster didn't screw you. Ticketmaster would have screwed you with the fees they would have charged had you actually been able to purchase tickets.

If anything, Radiohead screwed you by playing too small a venue. I hate Ticketmaster too, but it seems you're being a little reckless with the blame there.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:40 PM

So many haters! Why even waste your energy to post a comment? This show was INCREDIBLE.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:42 PM

For those that went....
1) did they have any merch left (esp poster or tshirt) after the show?
2) how much was...
1) poster
2) tshirt
3) tote bag

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 2:57 PM

Men with tote bags = women (& I only say women because they carry purses)

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:11 PM

Radiohead is playing ATP on Sunday for anyone doubting it. I can't describe the details of how I'm involved, but yeah, we've known since Monday that it will be happening. They were originally going to just show up for the Ocropolis set (well, at least Jonny and Phil) and not perform together, but after the Mogwai cancellation there were no conflicts, which allowed for a full set. It will be a shortened one-hour set, but a set nonetheless.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:13 PM

Did the merch stand accept credit cards? amex?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:15 PM

Not a single photo of Colin? We really need more of Thom too. I mean I really think he deserves to be in more than 99% of them...

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:15 PM

I'm in Asbury Park right now and I just saw Thom Yorke Paddle out at Atlantic Ave. I mean it's only like knee high chop but still, this has to mean something.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:17 PM

@2:40pm

Ticketmaster did screw some people. IE: had tickets, inputted credit card and then Ticketmaster decided to error after processing for 2 minutes.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:18 PM

Was there hummus available and if so how much was it?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:19 PM

thom yorke looks like an overweight richard d james

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:20 PM

Colin was almost directly behind Thom or a piano for most of the show. He fell into the darkness.

Also, The Darkness.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:21 PM

I believe in a thing called radiohead.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:23 PM

tons of merch after show there were 4 colors of shirts and 4 colors of prints, shirts were 40 and prints were 20. Merch Stands accept credit cards. I got there at 530 and was able to stand directly in front of the soundboard. I think it was the best spot in the house for there is a 2-3 inch ledge that allows shorter folk like me an elevated view. Impossible to get drinks/go to bathroom so if you want to get drunk bring in booze or get hammered before. Four Tet played with Rocketnumber9 for 45 minutes and Radiohead was on at 10:14. Tons of people cutting the line so if you feel like a douche you can cut too. The guys sounded great, anyone bad mouthing the king of limbs stuff clearly hasn't seen it live, unless they were at Glastonbury, in which case they wouldn't be bad mouthing it. Pretty cool banter from Tom re Wall St and finally getting out of a TV studio. All in all a great night and well worth the $80 ticket price.

Posted by Adam | September 29, 2011 3:26 PM

Wow 2:40 I believe that you got the DOUCHE OF THE WEEK award, hands down.
Not only scolding a fella while he's obviously down for not being able to get a ticket (ah, you might want to catch the news on television, or a newspaper, or a blog - he is FAR from the only one that Ticketbastard juked up the ass on this here joint), you go so far as to defend Ticketbastard. I could see defending a lot of positions, but Ticketbastard? Really?
Little hint here, shit for brains, free of charge - next time you get that hankerin' to go posting your opinion on some website, take a trip down here to Brooklyn Bowl and ask for Tom. I'll listen to your opinion, Sally, and then I'll give you one of my own.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:27 PM

Is there anything more tired than the hummus joke?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:28 PM

Hey I'll trade my radiohead extra for a sheet of acid. Fuck it I'll give you both for a sheet.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:30 PM

"Isn't Radiohead made up of more than Thom Yorke? Christ it's a BAND...more diverse pictures please...bass player, etc.."

and the rest of the band members have names too. his name is Colin

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:33 PM

no hummus

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:33 PM

thom yorke looks like an overweight dj qualls

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:38 PM

Fuck Radiohead. The only band that matters will be playing Drom tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:42 PM

10:42 AM : Baseball is only watched in America? Wow. I like how you weren't content to keep your ignorance to yourself. You felt the need to advertise it to everyone. Classic.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:46 PM

The only band that matters doesn't matter anymore

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:46 PM

just started raining pretty hard...

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:52 PM

Is it raining on all those fools camped outside of Roseland.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:52 PM

I heard LCD Soundsystem is playing ATP.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:57 PM

2:40 - "Huge Fan" is me and I understand where you're coming from, except I wasn't just screwed by simply not being able to get tickets. I was screwed because I got all the way to the end and there was a problem with the Visa verification crap that wasn't my fault at all. Happened to a lot of people. That was after I already had a false alarm on the fan pre-sale. I was hoping a fellow fan might empathize with my situation and sell me their extra ticket at face. Didn't happen but can you blame me for trying?

3:27 - Thanks for sticking up for me. I was on the news last night and I was interviewed by a consumer rights blog. Clearly there were enough people in my situation that the media deemed it a story.

Anywho, I wound up getting in 5 minutes before Radiohead hit the stage. For free. I feel very lucky. :)

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:03 PM

History is happening on Wall St. not at the Roseland.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:07 PM

Once you get your ticket do you have to go right in?

I am feeling sick and might have to get rid of mine.

Thanks

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:07 PM

To the guy offering the MIM tele... are you serious?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:10 PM

4:07 no, there's half of a lobby between the pickp desk and the doors to go in. and if somehow they do ask you, just say you're picking them up before the other person got there. it was happening all night last night. then you're free to go outside and sell for $400 apiece.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:14 PM

Ol' Mad-eye Moody up to his old tricks again

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:19 PM

$40.00 for a t-shirt?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:20 PM

$40 for a shirt? like $1200 to get in was not enough!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:21 PM

Can we forget about this Radiohead show nobody was able to get tickets to and talk MORE about the sold-out Swedish House Mafia show at MSG that no one has tickets for!??!! Shame on BV for not having an article about this upcoming epic show!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:26 PM

never, in my LIFE, would i have imagined that tickets to Swedish House Mafia @ MSG would be selling for more than radiohead @ roseland tickets. but then this morning happened, and everything changed. sold 2 tix to swedish house mafia at MSG for $649.99 each.

go look on stubhub, shit is getting real.

Posted by what the fuck | September 29, 2011 4:26 PM

Swedish House Mafia ticket situation was a 10 on the 1>>LCD>>10 scale. go look on their facebook page, people are shitting cacti

Posted by what the fuck | September 29, 2011 4:28 PM

@3:27/Tom, As I am not a condo-living yuppie nor a String Cheese Incident fan, I won't be at Brooklyn Bowl anytime soon. But I appreciate the offer.

And "Huge Fan," I am genuinely happy you got to see the show. While my post was of course phrased in a snarky manner (this is BrooklynVegan after all), I have no ill will toward you personally. I do however think your complaint against Ticketmaster is shaky at best. For all of their many flaws, NOT selling you tickets isn't one of them. I have missed out on tickets for the same reason actually.

Perhaps investing in more bandwidth might fix the problem, in which case a valid argument could be made against them, but to simply call it malice just clouds the other valid arguments made against the company, for example ridiculously high service fees and forcing venues into exclusive deals in order to monopolize markets. It's like those kids protesting down on Wall St. Their target is right, but their tenuous grasp of the facts of the situation make all dissent seem petty.

And Tom, you're still a wiener.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:30 PM

"$40.00 for a t-shirt?"

welcome to planet earth in the year 2011, enjoy your stay

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:32 PM

"Once you get your ticket do you have to go right in?

I am feeling sick and might have to get rid of mine.

Thanks"

I'll take it...

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:37 PM

Righhhttttt. sure you did

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:50 PM

THEY JUST SOUNDCHECKED HIGH AND DRY

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:51 PM

4:28 - Cacti? That's gotta hurt.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:52 PM

I'm pretty facking pumped for this evening!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:53 PM

""Anywho, I wound up getting in 5 minutes before Radiohead hit the stage. For free"

Righhhttttt. sure you did"

I did the same thing the 2nd night of MSG Theatre in 06. It happens.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:54 PM

@452 no joke. they had a facebook-only presale today, but ended up selling ALL of the tickets through the presale (all 22,000 tickets). they announced that ZERO tickets are going onsale to the general public tmrw; people are shitting cacti.

presale was a 2 ticket limit also so no one is sitting with their friends.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:54 PM

Where the hood, where the hood, where the hood at?
Have that nigga in the cut, where the wood at?
Oh, them niggaz actin up?!? Where the wolves at?
You better BUST THAT if you gon pull that

Man, cats don't know what it's gonna be
messin with a dog like me, D-to-the-M-to-the-X
Last I heard, y'all cowards was havin sex, with the same sex
I show no love......
Empty out, reloaded and throw more slugs
How you gonna explain born in a man?
Even if we squashed the beef, I ain't touchin ya hand
I don't mess with chumps, for those to been to jail
That's the cat with the Kool-Aid on his lips and pumps
I can't deal with brother that think they broads
Only know how to be one way, that's the dog
I know how to get down, know how to bite, bite
Bark very little, but I know how to fight, fight
I know how to chase a cat up in the tree
man, i'll give you cowards the business for messin wot me
ay you crazy!

Where the hood, where the hood, where the hood at?
Have that nigga in the cut, where the wood at?
Oh, them niggaz actin up?!? Where the wolves at?
You better BUST THAT if you gon pull that

Once a song, I come though, guns is drawn
BLAM BLAM, lungs are gone, sons will mourn
From dusk till dawn, nighttime belongs to the dog
On the street passed midnight, look for 'em in the morgue
Don't play with these cats cuz I ain't got nothin to say to these cats
For the mothers that really do love em, please pray for these cats
Cuz I know they all is hardheaded but I ain't got the patience
Don't want me havin no patience turn into more patience
More trips to I.C.U cuz I see you
Tryna get away with things a real wouldn't do
Where my dogs at? (right here) See them niggaz? (right there)
get em boy! (right there) That's how we do... (aiight then)
This is for my dogs, this is for my dogs
yo, where we at baby?!? (creepin through the fog)
From then till now, don't ask me how
Know that we gon roll like them chaps and hit every block on the job

Where the hood, where the hood, where the hood at?
Have that nigga in the cut, where the wood at?
Oh, them niggaz actin up?!? Where the wolves at?
You better BUST THAT if you gon pull that

where the hood at!?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:55 PM

Does anyone believe 3:13?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:56 PM

THEY JUST SOUNDCHECKED PABLO HONEY IN ITS ENTIRETY. NOW THEY ARE STARTING ON THE BENDS.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:57 PM

THEY JUST SOUNDCHECKED MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY. NOW THEY ARE STARTING ON WATCH THE THRONE.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:58 PM

4:54 - For one, people need to stop eating cacti, because that probably hurts coming out. Secondly, there is no accounting for bad taste... 22000 people can be wrong.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:58 PM

@458 there's no doubt that swedish house mafia suck. the situation was just ridiculous.

has MSG ever sold out entirely in a presale?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 4:59 PM

THEY JUST SOUNDCHECKED "YOU'RE NOT CLEVER", FOLLOWED BY "GET A FUCKING LIFE".

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:04 PM

4:59 - Usually pre-sales are only given a designated allotment of the tickets, but sometimes they will just put all the tickets they intended for the public onsale, on sale during the pre-sale.
Nonetheless, I think they buried tons of seats to create a false hype (and maybe to sell to ticket brokers). You'll see tickets releasd again through TM a few days before the show. That happens all of the time **coughcoughLCDcoughcoughStrokes**

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:06 PM

22000 can be wrong, but Little Miss Can't Be Wrong.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:06 PM

Many MSG shows sold out instantly in the past. If they have not sold out during a presale, that would be because all tickets are usually not released during a presale. This is like Katy Perry releasing multiple versions of a song to "break" Michael Jackson's record.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:09 PM

i just saw tom yorke at mamouns on macdougal. looked like he was getting a hummus platter.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:12 PM

4:30 here's what I think of your "arguments"
8=======D~~~~
Now get me my fucking latte, I'm in a hurry!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:18 PM

I hate everyone from Brooklyn

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:21 PM

@4:26 Really? Shame on BV for not telling us in advance so we could buy all the tickets first and then sell them back to New Jersey and Long Island.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 5:27 PM

I'd rather see Noel Gallagher.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 6:19 PM

I'd rather see Paul McCartney.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:27 PM

I'd rather fart liquid

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 7:28 PM

^ I'd much prefer a nice hummus platter then all those things!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:01 PM

The herbs can dog the setlist...it's f'ing Radiohead, anything they play is special.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:39 PM

I paid $1500 for a first class ticket to fly in from 3000 miles away. I paid $1100 for two tickets to show on craigslist. I spent $165 on Tshirts and $60 on booze. Zero regrets. Thank U Radiohead. Amazing amazing amazing I think u New Yorkers need a good reality check. The world does not revolve around u and your negativity. Life sucks and you have to pay for it to make it better.

Posted by this will happen again when? | September 29, 2011 9:13 PM

there"s niggers afoot

Posted by crazy stuff | September 29, 2011 9:14 PM

913 its capitalist mofos like you who radiohead hates, you comfortably numb idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:23 PM

9:13 - Bragging about how much money you spent, only makes you look like a jackass. Not for nothing, but if you flew in from 3000 miles away, shouldn't you also be bragging about how much you spent on your hotel room?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:57 PM

who wants to go get mcflurry's?

im starvin!

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:45 PM

I wish Huge Fan would've gotten in instead of the asshole and his girlfriend next to me who were talking during the whole show

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:52 PM

were? the show's over already?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:22 PM

encore 1 now. great stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 11:32 PM

Ended at 12 on the dot, 2 encores

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2011 12:20 AM

not one fucking photo of colin? seriously?

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2011 12:52 AM

Did daft punk open up?

Glad I saved my money for this one.

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2011 1:49 AM

9:13, whose money bought you such a worthwhile experience?

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2011 1:56 AM

OMG I hate not being able to afford radiohead tickets. My favorite band since I was 13.

Posted by shmichael | September 30, 2011 9:55 AM

so after all that 'no logo' crap they sell t-shirts for $40???? cunts

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2011 8:33 PM

sounds like a fucking mess. love the band though!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2011 12:38 AM

Jamaican jerk chicken pockets.

Posted by Anonymous | October 3, 2011 3:50 PM

Thank you again for posting something radiohead here, I see that you are such fans as I do. I love radiohead and never miss an interview that you disclose here. Thanks!

Posted by Roxy | October 4, 2011 9:43 AM

How can anyone who wasn't there judge the shows on the set list? A big part of any show is the two way exchange of energy and emotion between the artist and the audience so if you weren't there or have your head up your arse probably best to concentrate on improving your own life rather than slagging off people who are respectable, successful credible artists.
And if you think they're gonna play pop is dead you're an idiot. They're artists not a fuckin karaoke bar!
Some of you people really are full of shit. Both nights were pretty special and I think that was the general opinion of anyone who was there.

Posted by Kerouac | October 4, 2011 11:35 AM

Great band, Nuff Said.

Posted by djfuji | November 9, 2011 7:45 PM

An superb posting with great points, We’ve been a lurker proper here for some time but wish to be far far more involved from now on.

Posted by jocuri | August 31, 2012 4:12 AM

we just released the night2 multi-cam crowd-sourced DVD with the the band-provided SBD audio if anyone wants to check it out -

the description and download links and all the stuff you wanted to know is there :-)

and a YT full-show preview.

Posted by inez4bears | November 27, 2012 11:08 AM

radiohead is amazing live just saying.

Posted by tim | August 18, 2013 12:42 PM