Posted in music on September 28, 2011

"Just passed by the Radiohead line at Roseland & there is definitely a woman in that line with ACTUAL MENTAL ILLNESS. Weird scene." - Ahmad Bilal

Radiohead

Radiohead plays their first of two shows at Roseland Ballroom tonight (9/28) with Four Tet and friends. Tickets went on sale Monday morning and naturally sold out instantly. People are already in line to get in (see above), though I doubt they have been there as long as some waited to try and get in to SNL (or have they?).

Huffington Post wrote an article about how people are mad at not getting Radiohead tickets, and it included this statement from a Ticketmaster rep:

"There was tremendous demand for Radiohead's New York shows and in comparison, there were a relatively small number of tickets available. This is an example of where paperless ticketing -- currently restricted in New York -- could have created a great fan experience and ensured that all of the available tickets were purchased by real fans instead of some being scooped up by scalpers."- Ticketmaster
One poor soul got some kind of confirmation but no tickets. He claims a Ticketmaster rep later told him, "I don't know why you didn't get them. Our servers were overloaded." Meanwhile, one jerk wants $1500 for a pair on eBay. Another on Craigslist will take you to make his ex-girlfriend jealous.

The above photo comes from Gothamist who also aggregated some funny scalper listings.

first (in line)

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:40 PM

someone sold one for 800 bucks on ebay. disgusting. not sure who is worse: the seller or the buyer? i'd go with the seller.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:41 PM

Fuck radiohead anyways

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:43 PM

seller is always worse.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:43 PM

What is gross is the $80 face value for these tickets. Thanks Thom!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:46 PM

@1:46 you're an idiot. really.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:49 PM

1:46 is mad he couldn't make more of a profit

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:51 PM

Yes, 1:46 you are completely on point. This concert should be free and held in a gigantic open field so everyone who likes, dislikes, and has ever heard of Radiohead will be able to attend. You will be stuck behind a sea of people miles away from the stage but at least you'll have $80 in your pocket and no reason to complain about Ticketmaster. See you there....i'll be behind the horde of yammering tourists, blocking my view.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:52 PM

what is gross is your face! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:53 PM

@152 but then people would be complaining about the sound and waiting in line and blah blah blah.

they picked a so so/decent at most venue to play.

ahhh no tixs still!

anyone?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:54 PM

1:46 should punch himself in the face.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:54 PM

The line is pretty long... But a mobile hummus stand is keeping the masses properly nourished.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:59 PM

I think it says something that even Frohawk isn't going to this shit show. (that IS him, right?)

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:59 PM

A: "This is an example of where paperless ticketing -- currently restricted in New York -- could have created a great fan experience and ensured that all of the available tickets were purchased by real fans instead of some being scooped up by scalpers."

I thought this WAS paperless ticketing...

B: This doesn't address the fact that the website for Thursday's tickets did not load the ticket selection box until 10:07...

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:59 PM

I love how Ticketmaster uses this to promote its bullshit paperless agenda, so that they are the only ones who can scalp the tickets. There is actually absolutely no difference between paperless and non-transferable will call tickets as far as the consumer is concerned.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 1:59 PM

1:54 sarcasm exists

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:00 PM

Does quoting Frohawk's tweet make him an official BV contributor?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:02 PM

ThoMEH Yorke

Posted by Radiohead Is Overrated Anyway | September 28, 2011 2:02 PM

The tickets are only available through "will call" but they are not ticketless. What I think this means is that tickets can be retrieved and then handed to someone else.

Posted by Dan | September 28, 2011 2:02 PM

@159pm I thought I was the only one that didn't see the ticket link till 1007....

I heard some people were on at 1001, 958....

I really hate Ticketmaster!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:02 PM

My favorite RH ticketing service is WASTE. I got tix this way multiple times, including a pair for tomorrow's show. It allows obsessive fans to stay up all night long, constantly refreshing their screen. If you miss out, no one to blame but yourself....for not being more obsessive.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:02 PM

everybody complain! waaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:03 PM

'1:54 sarcasm exists'

thank you, I was going to write that same thing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:03 PM

So Radiohead gives In Rainbows away for free but charges $80.00 for a show. See kids, no such thing as a free lunch. Even wittle tommy gets greedy sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:05 PM

IT *WAS* PAPERLESS TICKETING YOU TICKETMASTER FUCKS

They're trying to throw the heat off them and onto the band by insinuating in that public statement that the band opted for hard tickets when that's the OPPOSITE OF THE TRUTH

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:05 PM

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:08 PM

Whatta bunch of fuckin' babies. You either scored tickets or you didn't. What an entitled crapper full of shit-babies.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:08 PM

The only way to make this (two small shows for an enormous band) work would be an auction system for tickets. That would make everyone pissed off anyway, as they accused Radiohead of a cash grab.

Ticketmaster fucking blows, but if ticketmaster was functional, 80% of these people would still be pissed off.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:11 PM

For the record, I got Thursday tickets. I was able to add tickets to my cart at 9:59am on Ticketmaster on the dot. Everyone who says they didn't have the option to buy for Thursday until 10:07 isn't necessarily lying, just their computers suck or their refreshing skills are terrible.

I'm guessing thursday tix went up at 9:59, server crashed at 10am.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:12 PM

"Yeah, that's what I'm confused about. They're right, paperless ticketing IS technically illegal in New York. So what's the loophole here that makes this different?"

these are technically will call. if this show was however-many weeks prior to the show then i think they would be required to mail/print tickets

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:12 PM

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:12 PM

2:02, you're assuming wrong. Non-transferable means you can't hand the ticket to someone else. You can only sell your +1 if that person comes in with you. Therefore it's the same as paperless.

Ticketmaster's big secret that they avoid talking about is that they did not let a lot of people into the sale until 10:07AM, by which time pretty much everything was sold out. I'm guessing they did this to relax the load on their servers. They have been doing this at other popular sales this year as well. If everybody had the same chance of getting tickets, there wouldn't be much to blame on Ticketmaster since it's a very high demand show. The way they handled it, they did not even give a chance to a lot of people.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:14 PM

2:12, you made the right choice.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:15 PM

I purchased my 1 ticket for Thursday online @ Ticketmaster @ 10:00am; not sure what this 10:07 thing is about. In & out, pretty easy. Although, the verififcation page kept refreshing & started to worry me a bit.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:15 PM

2:12,

Is she fat/chubby and has big knockers or skinny with big knocksrs? There's a difference and the former should be charged for more than face value.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:16 PM

how is paperless and will call different? I can still meet my buyers and walk them in either way. Ticketmaster and Radiohead are both stupid and I'm nearly $2,000 richer. Sweet.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:18 PM

@1:52 Free concerts in the field can work in NYC...

Well until someone tries to run onstage and stab someone, but still.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:19 PM

"I posted my second ticket for sale on CL asking for serious offers from real fans and some dude offered $1250. Ended up agreeing to sell for face + fees to some girl with self esteem issues and big knockers."

winning!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:20 PM

all these people saying that it wasn't available until after the hour are wrong. i went in at 10, fucked up the captcha, got the captcha right, then bought 1 ticket to thursday. the entire transaction was completed by 10:02. you all just suck, that's all.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:20 PM

I need some Ritalin, I think that I've an aneurism

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:21 PM

set times?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:22 PM

blaha blah bla

Posted by bla | September 28, 2011 2:24 PM

openers at 9, radiohead at 10 until 12, or so i'm told

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:25 PM

First, the tickets (before TM charges) were $65.00, not $80. If tix were $25, you'd complain that now ANYONE with $25 can buy tix, not just fans. FACT, this show is for fans....people willing to shell out a little extra to see a band they love in a smaller-than-usual setting.

Second, STOP being foolish naive little children. Do you actually think that RH are "ripping you off"??!!?! Puh-leeease!!!! The tix could've been $150 and they would've sold out just as fast. Regardless if the tix were $5 or $500, you wouldn't have ANY easier chance trying to obtain them!! Suck it up and better luck next time!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:25 PM

Yeah, but will the Naked Wizard Guy be there?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:26 PM

i agree with 220. i had no issues getting tickets, i don't think luck had anything to do with it. i've just ordered tickets so many times that i have it down to a science. so get some skillz or quit whining

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:26 PM

you are a creep. you are a loser. what the hell are you doing here?.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:26 PM

2:25 (#2) gets it

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:26 PM

2:26 really nailed it
Nice troll

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:26 PM

2:26 (#1) ftw

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:27 PM

With all the hysteria, do any of the insane browser-refreshing-$800-paying-hype-chasing-have-to-be-seen-there idiots realize that King of Limbs is a shit album, by far their worst?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:31 PM

2:20, you are simply stupid and have been lucky this time. Just because you were able to get in at 10AM, it doesn't mean everyone else did. I got my ticket during WASTE presale. Some of my friends were able to get into Ticketmaster sale at 10, some including me did not get in until 10:07. I was trying to get an additional ticket for my friend. Ticketmaster does this by selecting groups of IPs and giving access to some and not to others. When they do that, many people have 0 chance of getting anything before the sale even starts. There's nothing fair about it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:32 PM

2:08 2:08 2:08 READ IT

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:33 PM

what's a "shitbaby"?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:35 PM

Safe to assume that everyone left posting here with me now didn't / doesn't have a ticket for tonight? I get tickets through Ticketmaster all the time, and totally struck out for Shins and RH tickets. That "got to get some skills" bullshit is for the tourists.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:36 PM

I couldn't get on until 10:07 either.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:37 PM

I hear Blur is opening for them tonight

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:38 PM

Boys who like Girls who like Tom who likes Boys who ...

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:39 PM

I got a pair for tonight .... my fist and yer face

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:41 PM

I have a MFA in "Ticket Purchasing" from NYU but was unable to "score," tickets.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:41 PM

You can definitely be "good" at getting tickets - there are a lot of shortcuts.

-having a macro that autocompletes the number of tickets you want saves you ~1 second
-having it so your screen is already scrolled down while refreshing (so you don't have to scroll down once the ticket buying option appears)
-already being logged in to ticketmaster helps sometimes (in situations like this, but not usually)
-learning that you ONLY HAVE TO TYPE THE FIRST WORD IN THE RECAPTCHA is probably the biggest insider tip

All of these things helped me pull Radiohead tickets for Thursday. Same with West GA for MMJ at MSG, Kanye @ Bowery Ballroom last year, GA for LCD at MSG, the Shins, etc. Adapt and evolve, you next-gen hippies.

Posted by WRONG | September 28, 2011 2:44 PM

Sorry, this is 2:44. I meant you only have to type the FIRST HALF OF EACH WORD in recaptcha.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:46 PM

I don't understand. I've got a ticket for the show, why go line up now? They don't come on until 10.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:50 PM

2:44/2:46 If you are really the same person, you seem like a good guy/gal. Wanna go for coffee or see a movie sometime?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:50 PM

I don't know what a shit-baby is, but I like it! Any relation to Clown-shit?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:51 PM

I'm no longer upset about not getting tickets because nothing on King of Limbs rocks as much as "Two Princes."

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:52 PM

blur > radiohead

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:52 PM

@2:50 To get closer to the stage I think.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:53 PM

2:50 I am the same person, are you serious?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:54 PM

test

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:54 PM

blur doctors

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:55 PM

clown shit head
radio blur
spin shit meh

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:56 PM

dude............

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:56 PM

2:50 because OMG I love the band and need to get the rail so I can take shit quality photos and video with my phone and then beg the security people for a setlist and post on my blog about how after the show I smeared my sweaty body all over photos of Thom Yorke and started crying while pretending that I was frotting with him instead of my unconscious out roommate who was drinking too much.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:56 PM

it barks

at

one else

but meeeeeeeee

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:56 PM

TICKET DROP I JUST PULLED 2 FOR 2NITE

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:56 PM

Got to spread this out in 2 comments cause BV is censoring again.
I got 2 tickets on the presale for Wednesday and then 2 on TM for Thursday no problem. I put both extras on CL. Tonight's extra went for 100 and sex to a really really hot girl. Not one of those ugly ones who put up ad's begging. And before you ask, the sex happened yesterday and will again after the show tonight
The ticket for tomorrow I sold to some real estate idiot for 1000.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:57 PM

shut up

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:57 PM

^ AH HANS BRIX YOU GOT DA CRAP

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:58 PM

Why would people line up so early for a general-admission venue?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:58 PM

@257 throw up pics of the girl, you've got nothing to lose.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:58 PM

@2:44/2:46 and now 2:54, 2:50 here and I was just joking around. I'm sure you are nice but that would be kinda creepy. Have a fun time at the show though!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:58 PM

paperless means there is nothing to transfer.. you show your ID at the ticket booth , they cross you off a list and you go in.. there are no tickets that you can then take back outside... that being said Ticketmaster taking an anti scalping stance is beyond hypocritical..

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 2:59 PM

2:58 there ain't no girl you gullible twat

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:00 PM

2:57 cont...

Am i an jerk? Sure am. But i'm an jerk with 1000 extra dollars in my pocket, great sex from a super hot girl and seeing a band i love twice this week

Thank you Radiohead and BV for not posting presale info till it was over tomake sure you got yourself tickets

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:00 PM

Yeah, I really don't understand getting in line 7 hours early for a general admission show if you already have a damn ticket.

But, I also really didn't like King of Limbs, so maybe it's just me.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:00 PM

i just called roseland... they dont have settimes and said to call back after 5. and for all those bitching. ... i went on ticketmaster right at 10 am refreshed my page and got 2 tickets.... i made sure i was logged into my account so all my credit card info was ready to go. this was a tough show to get tickets for. stop bitching.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:00 PM

Figured out BV is censoring the word

C H I C K

Why you idiot, why?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:01 PM

3:00 (2) - hey asswipe, I was logged in and was on the page in multiple browsers refreshing since before 10:00:00 so fuck you you twat. You got lucky, it's that simple. Don't worry, there's a bus speeding down a road right now with your name on it, 'cause that's how it goes.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:02 PM

Disagree. Unless the refresh WITH the shift key helps, there was no way for me to get tix until the selection screen came up at 10:07. I've only ever seen that happen one time before (LCD at MSG). Macros and captchas don't help if you don't even have the selection screen.

And I buy a lot of tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if the IP thing is true, 'cause think about how many hits they must take at 10am. With that said! I'd love for someone to enlighten us on how we're 7 minutes worth of dumb.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:02 PM

@2:50/2:58 yea I figured you were joking. it was just kind of a bad joke, given the whole inability to express sarcasm online thing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:03 PM

safe to assume that I won't be going tonight now? should I make alternative plans?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:03 PM

the guy saying he got sex and a grand for his extras is full of SHIT

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:04 PM

I'm gonna laugh SOOOO HAAAARD tomorrow when BV reports that they played for 45 minutes (basically KOL), did Creep for an encore and were off the stage by 11:00

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:05 PM

If you took all the kids that would jump off a cliff because their friends were jumping off cliffs, and had them go ahead and jump off a cliff. There wouldn't be anyone left to by radiohead tickets.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:05 PM

chick

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:06 PM

what time does the show start? i don't care if i end up in the back, music will sound the same, just want to avoid all the annoying first timers in line

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:06 PM

or to *buy* those tickets either
fucking moron

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:07 PM

lulz 306 got pwnt

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:07 PM

3:06 - don't know what time it will start, but have it on good authority that it will be over by 11:00 sharp.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:08 PM

@1:39 PM Nailed it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:09 PM

3:02 multiple browsers was your problem. works for other shows but not one like this - you just slowed yourself down, brought down your bandwidth. by the time the proper TM page loaded you were already too late

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:09 PM

Well, it's been nice. Gonna go open a vein now. Hope the show is fun. It's OK, I'll be fine. Just a little sting and then sleep.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:09 PM

could any of you people standing in line already post the stage times?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:10 PM

@305pm i'm laughing so hard right now at the fact that you think that might happen. there isn't a chance in hell they'll only do KOL. they're not idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:10 PM

@302 Yeah, you shouldn't have used multiple browsers on a show like this. That's just being greedy; you shot yourself in the leg.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:12 PM

I just wanna wife swap ...doesn't have to do anything with Radiohead. anyone?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:13 PM

@3:13 Good old fashioned genuine laugh...thanks!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:14 PM

ive gotten tickets to at least a hundred shows, including tough stuff like nin @ bowery (much smaller than roseland).

you people saying that i "suck" at getting tickets because you got right in at 10 and my ticket page didn't show up till 10:07 are idiots.

the IP thing is right. TM blocked out certain IP addresses. why is it that we ALL got in at 10:07 and not random times? it's because we were shut out. my friends got in right at 10. i didn't.

it's probably the shittiest thing i've ever seen happen. not only do i not get tickets, i don't even get to ATTEMPT to get tickets. i'm totally removed from the game before it starts.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:14 PM

"the guy saying he got sex and a grand for his extras is full of SHIT"

If you need to think that to make yourself feel better that you did not get tickets and hit the jackpot then by all means have at it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:15 PM

Bodysnatchers soundcheck.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:17 PM

317 DO YOU TELL THE TRUTH?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:19 PM

@315 you're so fucking special. i wish i was special

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:19 PM

@everyone sex with "hot' girls is usually not that good. At least it was the one time I had it

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:21 PM

My three favorite things:
1. Radiohead.
2. Annoymous commenting
3. Hummus

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:22 PM

Suitcase of cash in the back of my stick-shift.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:26 PM

There's a guy in line in a beer-soaked sp in do ctors t-shirt with pocketf ull of kr yptonite on his boom box on repeat.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:28 PM

@328 he doesn't have a ticket.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:30 PM

So on a 1-10 clusterfuck scale (LCDMSG being an 8) what would we rate this whole situation from beginning to end? 6? 5?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:33 PM

The IP block thing is 100% accurate. That is one of the ways that TicketMaster handles massive volumes that would prevent their systems from crashing. And there's really not a thing you can do about it in the future, except maybe use the LiveNation app on your iPhone, which seemed to work very well for a lot of people.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:33 PM

Fuck the haters!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:34 PM

LCD MSG was an 8, you are correct on that.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:39 PM

3:21 - Not always true. Sex with hot girls can be amazing if she's crazy or has low self-esteem.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:39 PM

Damn, people will go to crazy lengths to see Radiohead I guess!

Currently listening to: Sex Anthony - "Abdanimals"

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:43 PM

There's an app for that?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:43 PM

TOOL - Undertow

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:46 PM

sex with hot girls, on a whole, is not good - they are too concerned with how things are going, they have performance anxiety, etc. (these are the same personality flaws that cause them to make themselves up to be super hot). a bit limp fishy.

but yes, if you find a hot girl that is also crazy or has really low self-esteem, shit will get REAL.

i know this because i had a hot girlfriend who was terrible at sex. i've also had sex with hot girls who i would never date, but they were all up in my brain when they were doming me

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:50 PM

3:39 - I'd rate the LCD fiasco as more like a 6. In the end, most fans didn't really get shut out; they either were able to get into one of the T5 shows, or they caught a ticket release for MSG a few days before when they "moved some things around" (read: Bowery Presents put some tickets that they originally allotted for scalpers and ticket brokers back into the TicketMaster system).

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:51 PM

TICKETMASTER DROP!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:52 PM

This is like that scene in Mallrats!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 3:55 PM

"it's probably the shittiest thing i've ever seen happen"

you have lived a sheltered life.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:01 PM

I offered my extra ticket on craigslist and surprisingly, Kickball Katy inquired about it. I had some very special requests for the ticket and she handled them with ease. Her tits were drenched in cum and everything was in it's right place.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:02 PM

so why have people spent the whole day in line?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:12 PM

@402 pics or gtfo

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:16 PM

they want to be up close against the RAIL

the CL posts are actually getting pretty funny - "looking to trade my radiohead ticket for sex"

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:24 PM

^^ those are both awesome, lmao

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:32 PM

Well..I'm about to head home from work now... So I expect there to be a drop. Good luck

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:39 PM

4:30 wins. that's the best in a week

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:39 PM

Whate'er

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 4:46 PM

If frohawk's not going i'm not going.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:04 PM

"@333#1 - this was a 2. Everyone expected this to happen, there was nothing that could have prevented it. People are just complaining."

yeah this really isn't that bad at all. this was expected. and if you didn't get tickets, you're just not fast enough on TM, suckas

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:07 PM

On twitter frohawk opined that swans > radiohead

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:07 PM

4:30 = radiohead's biggest fan, trying to rationalize why he's not going to these shows.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:09 PM

gotta miss this one but i'll see you all at the mall this weekend

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:18 PM

One more that couldn't get in until 10:07 for Thursday, although I did get in at 10 for Wednesday. Didn't get tickets for either, of course.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:27 PM

What a bunch of pathetic consumers. This show is total squaresville.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:29 PM

i thought ticketless meant you enter the venue and you give the ticket taker your credit card and they put the credit card in this handheld machine and it prints the ticket there. you keep the printout to find your seat. with ga, sometimes they do the scan thing and you get a wristband. if they scan and wristband outside, they have fences and ropes up so that once you got the wristband you cannot leave the line.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:41 PM

Wow, frohawk is actually right, Swans is the place to be tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 5:55 PM

Radio 8=======D~'~,~'~

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 6:15 PM

the only fans more lame than radio-heads are LCD-heads

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 7:01 PM

cash rules everything around me

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 7:46 PM

Couple of obvious scalpers left high and dry at will call.

There are two will call lines (split by alphabet), you hand over ID and CC, they hand you tickets and sign receipt. You then walk over to get tix scanned. Technically scalpers can pawn off two.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 7:57 PM

I hate to type these words, but Ticketmaster is right - why did Cuomo outlaw paperless ticketing? That's literally a bill to benefit shit services like Stubhub and scalpers. What a cunt move.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 8:18 PM

special interest groups and lobbyists with deep pockets, shocker

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 8:57 PM

Any pictures of anything up yet?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2011 10:29 PM

10:29, wait for Philip Seymour Hoffman to post his iPhone photos on Twitter or something.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:32 AM

Radiohead got on stage 10:15, played until about 11:45ish
line to get in went around the block, took about an hour to get in
setlist mostly TKOL and In Rainbows, with a couple of songs from Kid A, one from OK Computer, nothing from The Bends

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:50 AM

150am, street spirit would be from the bends

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:53 AM

1 off the bends, 1 off ok computer (SHA!), 2 off kid a, 1 off hail to the thief

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 1:56 AM

"(SHA!)"

Another proud graduate of Dubuque publik skool sistm

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 8:06 AM

5:07, More like "lucky enough". You could be faster than everyone, but if TicketMaster blocked your IP, you weren't getting in no matter how fast you are behind a keyboard.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 9:16 AM

I had a ticket in my cart. It would have been my first time ever seeing them and then my order number comes up with a message along the lines of, "oh, we're not sure if you actually got a ticket. check your order status." Well, I had no ticket. I called TM twice and did a live chat. They said my order was voided because the system was overloaded. I reminded them that they're TM and the system should be able to handle multiple orders at once. Then I stood outside for 4 hours and had scalpers laugh at the $120 I had to give them.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 3:55 PM

i now realize i left before the second encore, but it was an amazing show

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2011 10:26 PM

special interest groups and lobbyists with deep pockets, shocker

Posted by MicheleneHagerman | January 7, 2013 9:49 PM

why can't I see radio head live?

Posted by tim | August 18, 2013 12:44 PM