Posted in music | tour dates on October 4, 2011

Adele @ Joe's Pub in 2008 (more by Bao Nguyen)
Adele

Adele's reps say:

Adele has been forced to cancel her upcoming 10 city sold-out tour of the U.S. due to a haemorrhage into her vocal chord. Vocal chord issues forced the British singer to postpone dates earlier this year as well. Adele has just wrapped up touring around the UK and was preparing to kick off her US tour on October 7 in Atlantic City, NJ when her illness reappeared (see below for full list of cancelled US tour dates). Renowned for her powerful live vocal performances, Adele has been advised by doctors that she'll need an extended rest period in order to begin to recuperate properly. Further details to follow regarding these cancelled dates. Refunds may be obtained at point of purchase.
You can read a more personal letter along with a list of the cancelled dates and Adele's new video for "Someone Like You", below...

Adele - Someone Like You

Adele says:

Guys, im heartbroken and worried to tell you that yet again im experiencing problems with my voice. its ridiculous i know! i cant believe it myself. i follow all the advice im given and stick to regimes, rules and practices to the best of my ability but it seems to simply not be enough. i want you to know the full story about my voice troubles so bare with me in this long blog. i first started having trouble with my voice back in january, it was weakened by a bout of flu from december and never got its complete strength back before i started my UK and European promotional tour, so it just got weaker and weaker until it eventually "broke" as i say. i didnt realise at the time, cause id never had anything wrong with my voice, ever. but id also never sung as much as i was at the time it went. i was diagnosed with laryngitis and ordered to rest intensely for 10 days, and i recovered and went on to do a show in london and a month long promo tour in the U.S and also the brit awards without any hiccups. the whole time i stuck to a strict regime of numerous diets, steaming, vocal rest and vocal warm ups. which is very necessary but insanely grim. After a bit of time off I embarked on my european and UK tours at the end of march and finished at the end of april and everything seemed fine.

in may i went on tour in the U.S, i was in minneapolis which was about half way through the tour. i made a skype call in the morning on the day of the show and during it my voice suddenly switched off like a light! it was literally as if someone pulled a curtain over my throat. i knew something was wrong and panicked but convinced myself id be fine. i got to soundcheck and knew immediately i couldnt perform and with doctors advice cancelled the show. i was mortified and distraught but stubbornly insisted we go to denver for the following day, i did the show even though in the back of mind i knew it wasnt the right thing to do. and during it i felt, what i can only describe as something ripping in my throat. but adrenalin kicked in and i was too embarrassed to not finish the show. I was sent to LA to rest and get another opinion. this time i was diagnosed with a hemorrhage. which is like a black eye on the vocal chord, it was incredibly tender and dangerous if i was to continue to sing through it. i was ordered to rest, so i flew home and did for a month. then slowly i started fulfilling my commitments. i did a show in london at the itunes festival and then went on to complete the first leg of the rescheduled US shows and perform at the VMAS which were all a blinding success.

however when i got home and prepared to start my UK tour in september i developed a respiratory and chest infection which had nothing to do with any of my voice problems from before but still forced me to cancel 6 shows and a performance at the mercury awards. i was stuffed full of antibiotics, had some time to rest and in the end managed to do 9 shows of the 15. After them and once back home my voice yet again went. mid conversation and it just switched off! i have a hemorrhage again and it is paramount that i rest and therefore wont be able to come and do these already rescheduled U.S shows which are due to start this friday in atlantic city.

the fact is i have never been able to fully recover from any of the problems that ive had and then continue to rest even once im recovered, because of my touring commitments. ive been offered the chance to not tour at all to save anything like this from happening again, but i simply hate letting you down. although now im having to let you down once again through no fault of my own really. if i continue to pick up everything before i have properly conquered these problems and nipped them in the bud. i will be totally and utterly fucked. singing is literally my life, its my hobbie, my love, my freedom and now my job. I have absolutely no choice but to recuperate properly and fully, or i risk damaging my voice forever. i have great confidence in believing you know how much this upsets me, how seriously i take it and how truly devastated and annoyed i am by this. wanting to do something so bad and not being able to is the most frustrating thing as im sure you know! my voice is weak and i need to build it back up. I'm gonna be starting up vocal rehab as soon as, and start building my over all stamina in my voice, body and mind. i will be back and im gonna smash the ball out the park once im touring again. i apologise from the bottom of my heart, sincerely i do. i know its not only disappointing because of the show, but its plane tickets, hotel bookings, birthdays, anniversaries and time wasted. but please have faith in me that this is the only thing i can do to make sure i can always sing and always make music for you to the best of my ability. truly yours and yours only forever, adele xx

Adele - cancelled dates
10/7 - Atlantic City, NJ
10/8 - Durham, NC
10/10 - Nashville, TN
10/11 - Asheville, NC
10/13 - Orlando, FL
10/14 - Miami, FL
10/16 - Atlanta, GA
10/18 - Spring, TX
10/19 - Austin, TX
10/21 - Grand Prairie, TX

This fucking bitch. All us scalpers lost out on tens of thousands.

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 8:36 PM

YIKES all those sales and still cant find a good doctor? autotune her ass already and shove her out there

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 8:43 PM

I hope she chokes on her next ham sandwich. Bitch.

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 9:01 PM

She really needs to quit smoking.

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 9:04 PM

she's so rich she doesn't have to tour

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 9:22 PM

who cares!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 9:33 PM

I heard it's cuz the airlines said she wuz gonna need to buy two seats, and the promoter said she wuz too fat for his thin margins.

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 9:47 PM

i cannot stand all this adulation this fat cunt gets. so some asshole broke your heart. get over it! i dont need 12 sappy songs about how shitty this makes you feel.

and stop hitting the buffet you goddamn cow. eat a fucking salad for once.

FUCK.

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 10:01 PM

i like fat chicks

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 10:26 PM

Hey trolls. Have you watched "The Comment Section" sketch on SNL this week?

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 11:26 PM

Do you assholes say the sane kind of things about Aretha Franklin?

Not to compare her musically to Adele, but you should all really grow the fuck up.

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 11:33 PM

she needs to hop on that subway diet if she has hemroids

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 11:45 PM

she should marry tim harrington from les savy fav

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2011 11:52 PM

"ive been offered the chance to never tour again to save my voice"

because you've already toured so much? has she ever completed one tour yet? jesus christ, maybe start taking better care of yourself, stop swallowing so much jizz from your backing band and eating double whoppers on the road, maybe then you will be able to tour like a normal musician

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 12:07 AM

It's because the Air Force Band Sidewinder sings her hit much better than she does. She must be too ashamed to take the stage knowing Sidewinder is a much better talent.

Posted by jim | October 5, 2011 7:07 AM

secondary markets

Posted by jan jansson | October 5, 2011 7:10 AM

Adele is stupid talented. The hate here just shows how many posting here are not.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 8:29 AM

ya'll are stupid dumb fucks. just cause she cancelled the show, you're gonna talk smack. go choke on a chode.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 8:46 AM

Her next album will feature a mini opera on the joys of cooking with lard.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 8:59 AM

I hope someone sends her these comments because she is a stupid fat piece of shit. Shepard pie eating bitch.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 8:59 AM

^ jealous, untalented queen.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 10:06 AM

Reading these comments reminds me why I don't visit BrooklynVegan as much these days. There are too many immature, misogynistic, homophobic teenagers leaving idiotic comments on these posts.

I actually like the hummus stuff, but not this kind of shit.

Posted by M | October 5, 2011 10:36 AM

I really really hope that she is able to conquer this thing. She has the stuff to be one of the greats. The poor girl is only 21.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 10:39 AM

To all you low life pussies who posted the above comments, you need to stop hating and get a life. Adele is here to stay, WHATEVER you say. I'm sure she doesn't give an ass about you deviant shitheads, she is much more than any of you dumb ass ignorant Psychos out there. You friggin scalpers deserves all you get!!!!!

Posted by Tom | October 5, 2011 11:24 AM

Fat jokes are too easy and low-brow. I'd expect a little more intelligence from hipsters. Or maybe not.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 1:07 PM

11:26 #2 - I saw that skit and immediately thought of BV.

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 1:10 PM

if she lost weight, would she still sound the same?

Posted by Anonymous | October 5, 2011 2:30 PM