Posted in music | tour dates on October 12, 2011

The Black Keys @ Coachella 2011 (more by David Andrako)
The Black Keys

This is what the label says:

The Black Keys' new album El Camino will be released December 5 on Nonesuch Records. Produced by Danger Mouse and The Black Keys, the 11-track album was recorded at singer/guitarist Dan Auerbach's Easy Eye Sound studio in the band's new hometown of Nashville during the spring of 2011.

In advance of the release, the album's first single, 'Lonely Boy', will be released on October 26. The complete track list is below; further details will be announced shortly. Pre-orders of El Camino begin today at www.theblackkeys.com and www.nonesuch.com.
The band only have European dates scheduled at the moment (listed below), but are in NYC for a private T-Mobile sponsored show TONIGHT (10/12). It's nearly impossible to get in (invite only, small space), but the show will be streaming online at 11pm on T-Mobile's Facebook.

All Euro tour dates, the album's tracklist, and a video ad for the album starring Bob Odenkirk (aka Saul Goodman), below...

El Camino Ad

Mon Jan 23 Lotto, Antwerp, Belgium www.livenation.be
Tue Jan 24 Zenith, Lille, France www.digitick.com
Wed Jan 25 Zenith, Paris, France www.digitick.com
Fri Jan 27 Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany www.ticketonline.de
Sat Jan 28 Arena, Berlin, Germany www.ticketonline.de
Mon Jan 30 Alcatraz, Milan, Italy www.ticketone.it
Tue Jan 31 Maag Hall, Zurich, Switzerland www.starticket.ch.
Wed Feb 1 Klokgebouw, Eindhoven, Holland www.ticketmaster.nl
Fri Feb 3 Capital FM Arena, Nottingham, UK www.gigsandtours.com
Sat Feb 4 Corn Exchange, Edinburgh, UK www.pclpresents.com
Mon Feb 6 Apollo, Manchester, UK www.gigsandtours.com
* Tue Feb 7 Apollo, Manchester, UK www.gigsandtours.com
* Thu Feb 9 Alexandra Palace, London, UK www.gigsandtours.com
Fri Feb 10 Alexandra Palace, London, UK www.gigsandtours.com
* Extra dates added due to demand, on sale October 14

love it

Posted by Fuck Yeah | October 12, 2011 6:20 PM

Hope this is better than the last one. It wasn't bad, but I miss the heaviness of the older albums.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 6:22 PM

funnier than winnebago man but still a bite

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 6:32 PM

so where is the dang show?

Posted by mark | October 12, 2011 6:55 PM

What happened to the old Black Keys?

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 7:10 PM

I actually liked the last one. Danger Mouse was only involved with a couple tracks, I believe. However, the one before that, DM did the whole album, and I felt like that one was way to soft amd cushy. Not quite the pussy-twee stuff that gets pushed around on this site, but ya'll get my drift. I hope this new one is good. The notion of DM being involved makes me nervous. That, and the fact that they're teaming up with T-Mobile for a gig. Well, truth be told, if the chicklette who is on all the T-Mobile ads these days is going to be there, I'd happily sell my soul to them as well. Know what I'm sayin' Billyburger-face-shovin' fools? Respect.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 7:16 PM

i hate rock stars

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 7:21 PM

Band used to be cool but damn they have gotten cheesy over the past few years. Not aging well.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 7:52 PM

7:52

reads.

They were cool before they were popular with the masses. But, the opinion of the masses changes mine even though the music hasn't changed a lick.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 8:02 PM

What I want to know is, how come all of the albums Dan Auerbach has been producing aren't getting much attention? Albums with Buffalo Killers, Hacienda, and the best album of the year Brian Olive: Two Of Everything. Is it because these records aren't on some BS corporate major label? What's the deal?

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 8:14 PM

this band is the sonic equivalent of roller blades.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 8:28 PM

this band is the equivalent of a 2011 camaro.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 8:30 PM

The only thing worse than the music is their faces and old bodies wearing fashion boy clothes. Dipshit ass fuck holes

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 8:49 PM

Danger Mouse or not. Hot T-Mobile chick or not. That Gretsch with the Bigsby B6, it might be a B5, but me thinks it's a B6, is fucking gorgeous!

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 9:26 PM

Yooooooo Black Keys!

W
T
F
?!?!?!

That's a flippin' mini-van and most certainly not an El Camino.

What gives? Did you eat a bit of bad beef when you chowed down on Billyburgers recently?

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 9:47 PM

At Crash Mansion. They are letting anyone in.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 9:56 PM

Its at Milk Studios....

Posted by Takk | October 12, 2011 10:11 PM

FUCK MILK STUDIOS!

that place can suck my left nut.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 10:30 PM

Got my Creators Project RSVP confirmation email just now.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2011 11:49 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing songs from this album appear in commercials for the next 2 years.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 12:03 AM

Road crew told me arena tour including a headlining MSG date in Feb/March...

Posted by D.D.D.Dave | October 13, 2011 3:14 AM

Road crew told me the fridge on the tour bus broke and all the hummus got spoiled.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 5:25 AM

were there even El Camino vans ? and yes a rip off of Winnebago man..or should I say "homage"... just like their music is an "homage" to every Jimi Hendrix riff ever...

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:27 AM

I am so tired of guitars and drums. Can't someone invent a new instrument? Shit gets boring fast.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:58 AM

Seeing the phrases "secret show" or "private show" never fail to make me cringe. I can't 100% figure out why.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:39 AM

I always thought el caminos were only the car-pickup truck hybrid thing.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:36 AM

3:14,

I figured an MSG date was coming eventually. They'll need some decent support but I think it'll work.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:52 AM

Can NYers please stop sucking on the Black Keys white affected dick, please?!?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 11:27 AM

If you like authentic blues you really gotta check out Blueshammer.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 12:23 PM

yeah! poo poo for breakfast!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 1:09 PM