Posted in metal | music on October 31, 2011

Danzig set (photo by kwohlrob)
Danzig backdrop

Samhain set (photo by endlebrookholden)
Samhain backdrop

Misfits set (photo by kwohlrob)
Misfits backdrop

Danzig played 29 songs at Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC on Saturday night (10/29). Advertised as the "Danzig Legacy tour", the show was split into three sets and two encores. He worked backwards. First set was Danzig songs, then Samhain and finally Misfits with Doyle in the band. Each set also had their own backdrop (see above).

Danzig does it again with Doyle (tonight) on Halloween in LA while Jerry and Dez's version of the Misfits are at BB King's in NYC, and then Danzig Legacy also plays Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin. The full NYC setlist and and hour long video from the 10/7 Chicago Riot Fest show, below...

Danzig Legacy: Danzig, Samhain, Danzig & Doyle (perform MISFITS) in Chicago

Danzig @ Hammerstein Ballroom
New York, NY, USA on October 29, 2011

Overture of the Rebel Angels
SkinCarver
Hammer of the Gods
Rebel Spirits
Twist of Cain
Her Black Wings
Devil's Plaything
How the Gods Kill
Dirty Black Summer
It's Coming Down

Samhain
Initium / Samhain (Samhain)
All Murder, All Guts, All Fun (Samhain)
Horror Biz (Samhain)
Unholy Passion (Samhain)
Let the Day Begin (Samhain)
To Walk the Night (Samhain)
Mother of Mercy (Samhain)

Misfits
Death Comes Ripping (Misfits)
Vampira (Misfits)
Bullet (Misfits)
I Turned Into A Martian (Misfits)
Night of the Living Dead (Misfits)
Halloween (Misfits)
Astro Zombies (Misfits)
Last Caress (Misfits)

Encore:
Bringer of Death
Not of This World
Mother

Encore 2:
Skulls (Misfits)

This show was amazing. Definitely worth it although I balcony seats.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 11:35 AM

Great show. I made it right up front. Was not going to miss this. It was hilarious watching the security trying trying to prevent pictures from being taken (threatening to eject people, using laser pointers). Nice try. Best method: wait until idiot crowd surfs and falls on top of said security, take picture.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 11:42 AM

Place wewnt absolutly bat-shit when he played "Last Caress". Sadly it was all the Metallica fans going nuts thnking Danzig was covering one of their songs.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 11:58 AM

hah! I don't get Danzig's irrational shit with cell phone pictures.

When the blackest of the black tour came to Roseland a couple years ago I got ejected from the venue for taking a photo of Dimmu Borgir's keyboard stand. The opening act!

And I totally forgot about that idioitic policy until I took a picture during Samhain and got a tap from the security guard. So stupid.

The solo set was terrible, even when he was playing solid material. The Samhain set was great and the Misfits sets was so amazing but way too short.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 11:59 AM

Awesome show...even up in the second balcony

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 12:18 PM

Danzig doesn't want any pictures taken of him because he is SHORT!

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 12:19 PM

I got a few great pictures. There is absolutely no way they could have prevented me from doing so. I was just careful.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 12:32 PM

That is a cool fucking setlist

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 12:36 PM

he just wants to make sure that if/when he gets knocked the fuck out again, it doesn't get captured on film

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 12:38 PM

HERE I AM BITCH JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 1:07 PM

Had no idea about the "no photos" policy. I took about ten with no problems whatsoever.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 1:09 PM

The no photos bullshit was heavily enforced in the first half, then they just gave up when crowd response to Samhain/Misfits began. The most important hing is that the performance was incredible.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 1:27 PM

"hah! I don't get Danzig's irrational shit with cell phone pictures."

I don't get people's irrational shit with cell phone pictures. Why would you go to a show and want to take pictures? Enjoy the music. The show is much better when not viewed from a viewfinder.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 1:34 PM

Been looking forward to the Misfits set since eighth grade. Best 22 minutes of my life.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 1:46 PM

Bodega Satellite was there!

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 1:50 PM

You think you're a zombie you think it's a scene! Some monster magazine well, open your eyes today - this is ain't no fantasy booooyeeee

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 3:45 PM

I was at the show. Thought it was excellent. Rather than send a big doofy bouncer into the crowd to roughly dispose of picture takers, why not treat fans with respect and have a venue person make a firm announcement citing no tolerance. Danzig fans are respectable enough to deserve some consideration. Danzig's bouncer friend was darting into the crowd like a rabid dog. Great show otherwise. Glenn still sounds great.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 4:09 PM

I was there on Saturday. This the third time I've seen a recent Danzig-Doyle Misfits set. Something about those 20 mins keeps me coming back.

That said, the first one, at Spirit in like '05 or something-THAT was the one. First off, that place was SMALL compared to the Nokia or Hammerstein. AND, they did "Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight".

No contest.

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 7:42 PM

no angelfuck, no dice

Posted by Anonymous | October 31, 2011 10:17 PM

Really looks like a good setlist for Misfits/Samhain. It just doesn't look like a lot of songs, considering how short some of those Misfits songs are. Personal preference would be for a pure Misfits/Samhain show, no Danzig material.

Also interesting he played the Samhain version of Horror Business. I always liked the difference in the guitar sound on that version as opposed to the original.

I heard Jerry was in the back of the crowd taking pics of how it should be done...
His heart is in the right place, but he's turned it into a circus.

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2011 12:25 PM

GD HAS to do this again!!!
I'm sure we have not seen the last of Samhain or his version of the Misfits.

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2011 7:12 PM

No Archangel?

Posted by The Earl of Suave | November 3, 2011 4:46 PM

Thanks for the information, and congratulations for quality of website. Regards from Chile.

Posted by Rose Marie | September 27, 2012 1:18 PM