Posted in music | tour dates on October 13, 2011

by world's biggest Phish fan BBG

Phish at MSG (more by Ryan Barkan)
Phish

I can think of literally thousands (millions?) of things that I'd rather do around New Year's Eve than go to a Phish show. Get kicked in the teeth by a burro. Fall down some stairs. Murdered. But obviously some people (and there are a lot of people) still care deeply for the Vermont jam band that spawned acres (or is it ache-rs?) of followers, drum circles, hackey sack games, etc.

Today is your lucky day. Phish has announced that they will play Madison Square Garden over four nights including New Years Eve, 12/28 - 12/31. Tickets aren't on sale yet, but you can request them via the band until Monday, October 24 at 11:59 AM. Check ticketmaster after that for general sale.

All tour dates are below, along with some video including one of Phish & Jay-Z covering Big Pimpin' and 99 Problems. I can now die complete.

phish & jay-Z - 99 problems & big pimpin' 2004-06-18

Phish: Sample In A Jar [HD] 2011-09-14 - Essex Junction, VT

PHISH - 2011 TOUR DATES
12/28/11 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
12/29/11 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
12/30/11 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
12/31/11 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

BBG, such a hater.

Pumped!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:27 PM

i predict a big snow storm and the nitrous mafia and occupy wall street

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:29 PM

who?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:37 PM

What a douchey, bitter article. No one forces you to cover shit you don't like. BBG must be tons of fun to spend time with.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:41 PM

why post the story if you're going to shit on them?

Posted by Derek Jeter | October 13, 2011 8:41 PM

Yeah, BBG is the most boring thing on this website. Seriously, stick to your really boring stories on middling little hard rock bands. And post them somewhere else.

Phish is one of the most adventurous, talented bands out there today. I'll be there!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:48 PM

why must brooklyn vegan be so negative about phish. if your going to shit on them just dont post anything!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:55 PM

BBG wrote that post for people JUST LIKE YOU pussies. Go down to occupy wall street with your China made iBullshits and document it so your parent get the impression you're part of 'something'

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:57 PM

fuck BBG! what a hater. leave phish alone. they wouldnt hurt a fly!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:58 PM

Great post

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:59 PM

I dont like Phish but the bias in BBG's post annoyed me far more than the band ever has.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 8:59 PM

post of the year

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:01 PM

good job listing the hippie stereotypes that are usually associated with phish shows. That was just such a fresh and original thing for yo to go and do.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:01 PM

@bbg, metal<phish, because phish has 1 good album.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:02 PM

OCCUPY MSG

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:03 PM

Phishes>spins

God if these two titans of rock ever got together, I may have to bring an extra pair of pants to the show, cause most likely I'm creaming myself on the way there

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:04 PM

MSG is going to be the world's biggest bong on NYE

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:11 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:14 PM

Rock on pasty white people! Shake those spindly drug bodies to the musical stylings of cow country!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:15 PM

As a hemptavist, I'm greatly looking forward to this.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:22 PM

FUCK OFF BBG YOUR AN ASSHOLE

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:23 PM

"Occcupy MSG." Exactly what I thought. At least we know Zacutti Park will be empty New Year's.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:23 PM

"I could really care less what this douchebag thinks about Phish, and I can guarantee that myself and everyone else at MSG this New Years will be having a far better time than whatever boring ass, lifeless show this asshat will be at. Maybe Ariel Pink wearing a blouse ambling about in a narcotic stupor? Some fat, hairy guys playing generic metal to a room full of angry white dudes? Seriously, go fuck yourself."

This^^^

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:27 PM

What the fuck is going on with all these phish fans on this site seriously kys you're scum

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:28 PM

How do you get a gaggle of crackers to act like a flock of pussies?

Slag Phish publicly on a blog.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:29 PM

BBG, I havent heard anything music youve made. ohh righttttt you dont have any so maybe you should just shut the fuck up

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:29 PM

you're right bbg, phish can't hold a candle to post-running board dep

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:34 PM

BBG does not cover hard rock bands, BBG covers sausage festivals.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:34 PM

Seriously, calm down. This is all a misunderstanding. BBG is going to make peace by flying in on a hotdog at MSG to play a solo with the br0s.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:36 PM

Fred says, “The thing that helps the most is to have a product that’s going to stand out. If you’re going to hand me a promo, make sure it’s a promo I’m going to remember and not just a CD in a jewel case or something similar.”

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:36 PM

hey let's be fair, he did do the photography for today is the day http://www.allmusic.com/artist/fred-pessaro-p2470753/credits

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:37 PM

Hippies need music too! So leave the criticism in your head & SHUT THE F#&K UP!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:37 PM

bbg was rejected from jersey shore for being too trashy and dumb

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 9:38 PM

locked?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:04 PM

CAN WE GET BACK TO THE PART WHERE WE TALK ABOUT HOW BBG WOULD LIKE TO BE MURDERED?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:08 PM

PHISH SUCK, WILL NEVER STOP SAYING IT!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:22 PM

I've always known that Phish fans were losers, but I thought that in the very least they were mellow losers. Who knew they had a ready response team armed with such vitriol? Blaze up and chill out, hackysackers!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:23 PM

Remember when My Morning Jacket played NYE shows? Those were the good old days...

This...this is just plain boring.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:31 PM

Surprised such a pointless, talentless band would have such an effect on this blog. This band and their fans are useless. One more reason to keep me away from NYC during new years.

Jam bands. Seriously?!?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 10:38 PM

10:38, Yes, seriously. Not cool enough for you?

lol at the sheer amount of hate in these comments. lovin it guys.

Posted by Stephen Whitfield | October 13, 2011 11:06 PM

The Head Brooklyn Vegan guy was at every night of Phish at MSG last year. Being too cool for Phish is no longer cool

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 11:15 PM

Phish. NYE. MSG. its a tradition that keeps life worth living, just because I'll continue my streak of being a 10 strip of acid in the bathroom of the Blarney Stone on 33rd for, yet, another year.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 11:19 PM

"To all indie rock haters, stay in Williamsburg, listen to Grizzly Bear and get drunk on champagne at Glasslands, blow coke and go to a DFA after party and tell yourself that 2012 will be the year the world agrees with your own inflated sense of self."

Somebody's been reading BV posts from 2008...

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 11:27 PM

The first chick who let me put it in her ass liked Phish. So there's that.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 11:34 PM

This is what I hate about the indie/Brooklyn scene. You rail against mainstream/Top 40 music, fine, it deserves it because it's shitty. But honestly, 90% of 'hip' acts that you guys jerk each other off over are literally products of the exact same problems. Generic, contrived garbage made by people with moderate to no talent. And year after year bands you would have paid to blow two years earlier disappear. It just repeats and you morons don't get it.

You don't have to like Phish but at least acknowledge that they are incredible musicians deserving of praise and selling out arenas. If you don't, stop pretending you're a fan of music, because you're not. You're a fan of a scene.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2011 11:57 PM

occupy wallstreet wants phish's money from these shows

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:08 AM

"If you don't, stop pretending you're a fan of music, because you're not. You're a fan of a scene."

A scene? Different people like different aesthetics, for sure. Phish is a lifestyle as much as it is shiteous music though, so spare us the jibber jabber about "the music."

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:09 AM

I LOVE this post.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:15 AM

Phish should occupy Wall Street..then die. Along with everyone else occupying Wall Street.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:36 AM

12:09 FTW

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:39 AM

whats worse, BBG writing a scathing article about music they dont like in the first place, or the regular readers who chime in saying 'kill yourself, die, and phish sucks'?

its a toss up, but safe to say i wont be reading brooklyn vegan anytime soon

Posted by robert | October 14, 2011 12:55 AM

HAVE IT YOUR WAY, robert

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:01 AM

CAN WE GET BACK TO THE PART WHERE WE TALK ABOUT HOW TREY IS A JUNKIE WHO WOULD LIKE TO FONDLE THE GOOFY PEDOPHILE BASS PLAYER THATS A KICK ASS PHOTO TAKER

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:45 AM

How many covers are Phish going to play?
Maybe an hours worth after they light one up and down a bottle of Trey's stash of medicine.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:57 AM

Have you heard of Treys new project guys??

Yes its called the percodeaths.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. My name is Neil Haaaaaambuuuuuuurger. You've been great. Good night. Fuck you.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:32 AM

Phish shows rage. Their fans know how to party hard, have a good time at shows, dance, appreciate the music and not stand there cross armed or blab the whole time. Generally speaking, Phish fans are also very knowledgable about all kinds of music, except the absolute garbage BBG champions, which I cant imagine hardly anybody gives a shit about. Those who hate on Phish are not worth a second thought. Ignoramuses. Fuck em.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:50 AM

^ Phish phuckin blows chunks. Go play phrisbee, ya loser.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 3:14 AM

@ 12:09

You sort of missed the entire point of my post. You don't have to like Phish, but if you don't understand and respect their musicianship, then again, you are a terrible fan of music.

And yes, a scene. The whole hipster movement is a giant conformity party just like everything else is. LCD's farewell show is a perfect example. How many people do you think have really listened to LCD since their last show for more than 20 minutes? Probably 5% of those in attendance. And half the people there probably barely listened to them beforehand. But there was this hipster craze you had to go so everyone HAD to go. It's not about being profoundly moved by the music, it's about liking stuff enough so you can consider yourself cool.

If you're a fan of music you'd respect them for actually taking the time to hone a craft and do something a small amount of people can do. Instead you champion bands like Best Coast who literally have the talent of 10 year olds.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 4:59 AM

ommm, im guessing he was being sarcastic?
no ones that ignorant, right?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 6:17 AM

I've told whole lies with a half smile.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 6:39 AM

Didn't that one dude from phish go to jail for some weird shit on a boat?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 6:57 AM

Just want to answer one important question, about why I wrote this post in the first place.

So I was.

Posted by BBG | October 14, 2011 7:03 AM

love how people are going on and on about how incredibly talented this band is. Are you serious?! Playing a guitar and enjoying it for 19 minutes isn't talent, it's called being baked.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 7:14 AM

I didn't miss the point of your post, 4:59. I just gave a half-assed response because it was already more time than I cared to invest in anything Phish. What you call musicianship, I call masturbation. I mean, some of the biggest hack directors in Hollywood are the most highly skilled from a technical standpoint. Who gives a shit? They still make terrible films.

And as regards hipsters, who gives a shit about them either? That's not a scene so much as it's a subculture with its head up its own ass.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 7:32 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 7:53 AM

7:03, this is your moment. like the kid who runs for class president just to give a speech that implicates everyone else. savor your fantasy, you'll remember it better when you tell your shrink about it 5 years from now.

here's a bbg gem from yesterday- "...there are also bands whose goal is to score [sic] the dark underbelly of human emotion with reverence and solemnity."

i can picture your black clothes, your low threshold for profundity and awe, your idea of a sensitive side...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 7:54 AM

7:14, i guess writing/composing a symphony and performing with a renowned orchestra doesnt count as talent-or maybe performig with the NY philharmonic at carnegie hall? BEST COAST RULES

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 7:54 AM

Thank you BBG for your input.....honestly I respect Phish for what they do but their music bores me to death.

But have fun hippies. I'm sure Trey will bring out some special guests for you!

ps I'd go if they played Beatles White Album though. That live cd, I have....and it's great.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 8:34 AM

holy shit, this guy is a CUNT! I can't help but MELT EVERYWHERE! AHHHHHH! CUNT CUNT CUNT

Posted by MangoTango | October 14, 2011 8:45 AM

Dear BBG, I would gladly kick you in the teeth on NYE. Shoot me an email and we can set something up. Also quit being a FUN SPONGE.

Thanks,

Slime

Posted by SLIME | October 14, 2011 8:54 AM

Thanks,

Slime

Posted by SLIME | October 14, 2011 8:54 AM

wow...another person to be so original as to come up with age old cliches about hacky sacks and hippy's regarding one of the most successful bands in American history let alone in the last 25 years. I am so blown away by your originality and writing. Wow. What an amazing article. Tool

Posted by zach | October 14, 2011 8:55 AM

"Phish and Occupy Wall Street protectors are not one in the same. Phisheads are usually pretty weallthy private-college types."

In other words, people who are foolish and self-indulgent enough to earn degrees in useless fields and then find themselves aimless, unemployed and angry. Yeah. Not at all like the Wall Street hippies.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 8:57 AM

THIS MAKES ME SO MAD I COULD BEAT MY WIFE RIGHT NOW

Posted by bennyboy420 | October 14, 2011 9:05 AM

Ive worked on wall street for the past 7 years and ill be there for 3 shows, u fukken a$$clowns

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:06 AM

Funny how niave people who aren't phans really are about the phish crowd. You will have bad seeds everywhere so there will obviously be some. I know doctors, lawyers and accountants amoung other professions of phans who frequent shows. I would like to know BBGs favorite bands? Also have any of the hatres ever seen a show? Just cause you have heard phish doesn't mean you have listened to phish. And if they were so bad how will this run be the 20th time or so they have played MSG? Let alone how many sell outs.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:06 AM

Hey Dickface with the some odd 80 fucking shows or whatever it is. It was a legit question using software that I've never used. What does it matter? If you know the answer, fucking answer the question rather than be a complete fucking asshole on the board. Been around these parts 10x longer than you have and your kind, son, make me want to fucking puke. Good thing your pic isn't up because if it was I'd fucking kick the living shit out of you if I EVER saw you at a show.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:07 AM

My pinning was a huge deal, and happened the night after 10k after everyone left and our kids got permission to stay on the land for a few days and clean up before we left for yellowstone and glacier during the off days between 10k and seattle. Camp was kicking, a few off our kids where in the kitchen getting dinner ready, some kids where getting the fire started, and me and dawn and few others where out on a groundscore mission. This was just after the sun went down, we where walking up to camp (camp goodness sponsered by cookies, that is!!!) when 7-8 of our kids are walking towards me with this distinct look on their face. Now, about my actual pinning... Catch me in the real world sometime, ill tell you over a bowl, but something like that is just to personal to discuss over the internet. Lets just say it was special. I will say this, after i got pinned, dawn gives me this huge kiss and is like "baby you deserved that."

After i got pinned we all had a huge celebration. It was a special time. We had a huge family dinner, and after dinner a sheet was put in a bottle of orange juice and everyone was ceremonially dropped by the Rev.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:08 AM

could you have picked two lamer videos?

nice werk.

Posted by johnny nubs | October 14, 2011 9:11 AM

"I write a lot of posts for this site, including many many many posts that many have no idea that I wrote. So BrooklynVegan asked me to write a post on Phish and when I told him I hated them, he said go for it anyway as long as its honest.

So I was."

So you were being honest when you said you would rather be murdered? I find that hard to believe.

Posted by SLIME | October 14, 2011 9:13 AM

A lot of people must have Phish Google alerts or something. I know my Frohawk and hummus Google alerts are what drive me here.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:15 AM

I just heard from a very sourcy source that there will be a nap room set up at MSG

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:16 AM

THE UNTZ IS THAT FEELING YOU GET WHEN BROWNIE DROPS THE BOMBS LIKE NAPALM ON YOUR GROOVE JUNGLE AKA SOUL, MANGS CHILLS TO THE SIDE WITH THE SWANG DIP SWANG DIP SWANG DIP, A BUNKER BOMB TO YOUR DEEMSTER TRENCH AKA MINDS EYE. ALAN CHILLS IN THE BACK WITH THE TSKA TSKA TSKA, A GROOVE MISSLE SET ON B'GOCK, AND BARBS BRINGS IT ALL BACK HOME WITH THE DEEDLE DE DEE DEEDLE DE DEE, A PSYCHIC BREAKDOWN MINE, HIDDEN IN THE TRANCE PASTURE, BLOWING OPEN YOUR BISCO CHAKRA, THAT IS THE UNTZ.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:17 AM

this site fucking sucks anyway, unless you're into seeing butch lesbians play for a crowd of 3 in some dive bar shit hole in williamsburg. oh and BTW, vegans are fucking gay. eat a steak you pussy

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:18 AM

I guess these comments come natural after wasting the use of the teeth god gave us. Go chew on some grizzle and leave this A+ band alone. Go write about tofu.

Posted by Jerry the Carnivore | October 14, 2011 9:20 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:20 AM

I guess we're in year 2011.

Whatever there will be much better things to do on NYE than watch boring jam ass band play for 4 years.

By the way, BBV taste in metal music is better than you Phish fans.

Metal > Phish any day. You hippies can't take metal cause they're "too loud" for your ears! Bunch of babies.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:24 AM

HUT WYNGZ IS THAT FEELING YOU GET WHEN THE DELIVERY GUY DROPS THE WYNGS LIKE BUFFALO BURNIN’ HOT ON YOUR GROOVE JUNGLE AKA TOUNGE, BLUE CHEESE CHILLS TO THE SIDE WITH THE BITE DIP BITE DIP BITE DIP, A BUNKER BOMB TO YOUR DEEMSTER TRENCH AKA MINDS EYE. BUFFALO MILD CHILLS IN THE BACK WITH THE TSKA TSKA TSKA, AS YOU LICK YOUR FINGERS, AND HONEY BBQ BRINGS IT ALL BACK HOME WITH THE DEEDLE DE DEE DEEDLE DE DEE, A PSYCHIC BREAKDOWN MINE, HIDDEN IN THE TRANCE PASTURE, BLOWING OPEN YOUR TONGUE CHAKRA, THAT IS HUT WYNGZ.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:24 AM

real phish

I made it through a minute. Never saw someone who could cluck like a chicken while wanking on a guitar before. Impressive!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:27 AM

EVERYONE: Take 7 minutes out of your massively important lives, clear your mind and listen to this, then tell me if they lack talent.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:28 AM

9:24 nailed it..in terms of stupidity and being closed minded. Thanks for bringing your worthless opinion to the table.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:30 AM

awesome band with great musicianship. but when i look out in the crowd of writhing white people, i want to hurt them all.

Posted by a white person | October 14, 2011 9:32 AM

8=========D

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:32 AM

the true irony of all this:
BV commenters aka 'the most vile and foul mouthed keyboard warriors around' bitch about a negative post on BV. come on, really??!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:33 AM

phish is lame. deal with it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:33 AM

i heart the phish

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:34 AM

BBG's rep for being a metal dirtbag would be ruined if he had any documented association with Phish.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:35 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:36 AM

Phish(heads) = WORSE THAN HITLER

trve fact

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:36 AM

The Brooklyn Vegan? This is a ripoff of the Sexy Vegan in California. Why don't you come with something original? Check out the original vegan, much more entertaining:

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:38 AM

@930am listens to Phish in his basement at his parent's house in Iowa....

poor kid.

Or maybe he's at Occupy Wall Street!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:38 AM

Shouldn't you emo fags be smoking cloves and lamenting the fact that your lives are miserable instead of ragging on Phish? What are you going to be doing on NYE other than cutting yourselves and listening to shitty predictable music?

Posted by jn | October 14, 2011 9:40 AM

I'll say this and then exit for good. Anyone who wants to discuss their thoughts on Phish (and really most any other band) can email me directly. My address is public. I dont respond to the faceless.

Posted by BBG | October 14, 2011 9:41 AM

^Enjoy your Anthrax...so original....How is that attic in Staten Island treating you?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:41 AM

"I made it through two minutes of the second linked song before I got bored. Hey, I tried. "

see you didnt give it a chance. listen to the whole thing.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:42 AM

Haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love, I don't even want none of the above I want to piss on you. Yes I do, I'll piss on you, I'll pee on you.

Posted by Big Burly Gash | October 14, 2011 9:43 AM

9:38 what 9:30 does sound more enriching than your life now, doesn't it?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:44 AM

"Wow didn't know there were so many hipsters who liked Phish! Or Phish fans checking out BV.

I guess we're in year 2011.

By the way, BBV taste in metal music is better than you Phish fans.

Metal bands have more talent than Phish will ever. That is a fact. Ask any musicians out there. Not just your hippie friends!"

This person clearly has never listened to Phish and has no idea about music. The fact is, like them or not, many Phish songs such as 'You Enjoy Myself' 'Reba' 'Divided Sky' 'David Bowie' etc are incredibly difficult and complex composed compositions. Yes, some of the lyrics are cheesy. Yes, there are long guitar solos and jamming during a live show. Yes, there are lots of hippys at said shows. This does not mean you should challenge their musical integrity without giving them a listen.

It is fine if you don't like the band, they certainly are not for everyone, but do not make claims you know nothing about.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:45 AM

who is BBG?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:45 AM

@9:36

That's the issue here. You have to give it time! Let your ears adjust to their sound. Two minutes?! Just watch the whole deal, especially from about 2:30 on. Just straight fire from Trey. If you like any type of rock you'll see something you like. Stop being so trained to listen to two minutes songs!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:49 AM

I thought the article was really funny. I laughed and I appreciate the authors honesty.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:49 AM

lol @ 945am. You've been listening to too much Phish buddy.

The fact that you dismiss metal bands can play better than Phish tells me you know nothing about music other than boring ass jam bands.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:49 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:52 AM

The best part about the haters is that you guys would get your fucking face blown off if you ever actually mustered up the courage to go to a show. You like energy at your shows? You like crystal clear sound from a band? You like sick lights? Can you appreciate good musicianship? Christ, go to one of the shows and have one of the best live concert experiences someone could have. They haven't been around this long for no reason folks...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:53 AM

I SUCK AT LIFE ROFL

Posted by BBG | October 14, 2011 9:56 AM

There has never been a metal band with talent.
And if there has, no one would know it because that would be the equivalent of a gourmet chef choosing to fry burgers at McDonalds.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:59 AM

9:52 KING CRIMSON ARE YOU SERIOUS! BWAHAHA!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:59 AM

king crimson is 8 million times better than phish.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:00 AM

9:52..I have seen all of those acts live...Bowie puts on a good show but musically it is middle of the road. Bjork is out there and a good live show. Sonic Youth you need toget on the right day, Volta Bored me to tears (I hate the lead singers spastic dancing too) and King Crimson was 60 minutes of my life I will never get back. Phish brings it live 99% of the times. There shows just are at another level most can't compete with..Keep trying though.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:02 AM

10:00..proves you never heard a note of Phish. BTW I have seen both in concert..have you? Bet you haven't?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:03 AM

"I'll name 5 bands/artists that are better/enjoyable than Phish. King Crimson, Sonic Youth, Bjork, The Mars Volta, and David Bowie. Should I keep going?"
What you don't seem to get is that Phish is a live band. None of those have the chops to be on Phish's level and I like King Crimson.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:03 AM

The only thing those bands have on Phish is better lyrics...as much as I like Phish there lyrics are inane...but still fun none the less...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:05 AM

Some lyrics are inane. Some are downright brilliant. It's all about imagery. Beatles lyrics were also pretty fucking strange sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:11 AM

^ no doubt...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:13 AM

At their best, Phish makes me think I liked them better when they were the Allman Brothers. At their worst, well, didn't they break up some time ago? Kinda hoped that would stick.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:18 AM

This is what bothers me about the "talent" argument. No one can dispute that technical metal bands have chops that are as good or better than Phish, yet everyone is quick to slag them because of their genre.

The facts are that musical chops do not equal good songwriting.

The Beatles wrote some of the most basic music of all, and their tunes are immortal.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:18 AM

a wholllllle lotta n00bs on this here thread

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:19 AM

you idiots really like:

The tires are the things on your car
That make contact with the road
The car is the thing on the road
That takes you back to your abode

i wish you all the best, have fun, but stop defending this crap like it's the second coming.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:21 AM

Any of those 5 bands are 100 times more enjoyable to see than Phish.

Keep thinking Phish is a great band buddy. I'd like to know what else you listen to!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:21 AM

no pop music has good lyrics. unless you ask bbg, and he'll tell you all about a hairy belly of emotion, and right below a lil purple dick

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:23 AM

I just came up with a genius idea:

If you like phish, listen to phish.
If you don't like phish, don't listen to phish!

Holy shit, I just solved this ENTIRE THING!!!

People have different tastes in music. It doesn't make any sense to argue over whether or not it's "good." If you like it, fine. If you don't, fine.

All you people getting angry while debating this are completely ignorant, whichever side you're on.

Posted by dave | October 14, 2011 10:24 AM

better get my green bud order in quick

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:25 AM

PHISH RULES, I DANCE LIKE A MANIAC AND ELBOW WOMEN

Posted by ANTELOPE GREG | October 14, 2011 10:25 AM

i'm old greg

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:26 AM

I used to get douche chills just walking past Wetlands.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:27 AM

I have been to so many phish shows in my life, starting in '93. Although I'm psyched that they're still doing it, that Trey is clean and sounding great and that the band sounds tight, I'm just not interested in the circus anymore. Not to mention, much of the crowd is repugnant.

It's really the same shit over and over now. They don't really reinvent anything and the new material is basically tired emulations of their better, earlier stuff. The only thing that would really draw me to a show would be if I could pick my own setlist or if they confirmed they were going to play Gamehendge in its entirety. I don't need to hear another "sick Bowie jam" for 20-30 mins, been there done that.

But hey, have fun kids. To me, phish will always own MSG...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:27 AM

10:21...you make 700 songs and let me see what you come up with.

I see about 75 different shows a year and Phish is one of the groups I go to see when they come to NYC. They are one of the tightest live band out there. You name it I have seen them most likely and Phish still brings it...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:27 AM

who cares how tight they are when their music gives me murderous thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:31 AM

Here 10:27, lemme fix that for ya ...

"10:21...you make 700 songs that sound exactly the same and let me see what you come up with."

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:32 AM

Damn, I was hoping Mumford and Sons would play the garden.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:33 AM

@ 1027am (2nd one). I asked you first hippie. Name 5 bands you listen to other than Phish. I will reply with your answer you're done with that.

Thank you to 1027am (1st one) for being honest. It doesn't take a genius to agree with what he's saying.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:35 AM

^Douch Chills is honesty....ok...mature..

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:39 AM

10:32..guarantee you a Phish fan can tell what song they are playing in a few notes...if they all sound the same that is even more impressive.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:42 AM

10:31...Yeah "My Friend, My Friend he's got a knife!"

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:43 AM

Yawn with the 700 songs crap. Bob Pollard writes three songs every time he takes a dump. 99% of them are batshit crazy nonsense, but "The tires are the things on your car" is like you really don't give a shit about engaging people at all.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:43 AM

^give me any band and I will give you a stupid lyric...unless they are instrumental only group.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:44 AM

@10:21

Wow, so you quoted "Contact". It's just a fun little diddy. Stop taking yourself so serious. Here's something to counter:

If time were only part of the equation
Then you could draw the bound'ries of our cage
You wouldn't pile another stone upon me
And I'd be happy just to watch you age

But everything is in it's own dominion
And waiting in the shallows as I do
Appeases me as water slowly trickles out
Which isn't nearly fast enough for you

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:45 AM

"Your hands and feet are mangos / You're gonna be a genius anyway"

See how they used "your" & "you're" one after the other? Brilliant!

On a side note, Phish is the official band of ows. Keep holding out for a Trey appearance. Hope hope.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:47 AM

"It's really the same shit over and over now. They don't really reinvent anything and the new material is basically tired emulations of their better, earlier stuff. The only thing that would really draw me to a show would be if I could pick my own setlist or if they confirmed they were going to play Gamehendge in its entirety. I don't need to hear another "sick Bowie jam" for 20-30 mins, been there done that"

we will get gamehendge this run. would be a shame if you missed it

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:47 AM

^Band of ows?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:48 AM

i sleep lengthwise
my life was changed once i heard fishman snoring

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:48 AM

the irony here, which is probably lost on most of the haters, is that the lion's share of goofy/stupid/meaningless lyrics in phish songs are from their deep back catalog. they were young, adventurous, goofy, taking a lot of drugs, and experimenting with a lot of different styles. it's not for everyone, but to me, those are some of their best songs. you don't listen to phish for the lyrics, you listen to them for the magnificent musicianship, the communication happening between the players, and the spontaneity of it all.

telling fans that the songs suck or that the lyrics are stupid is not really winning you any argument. we know what's up, you don't, and that's cool. peace.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:49 AM

Eat some meat, it's good for you.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:49 AM

lol phish hippies loose shit over bbg disparaging comments lol philm at 11 lol whoa did you catch that vacuum cleaner solo? lol lol lol

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:50 AM

"hahahah @ 1003am. Phish is a live band lol. I've seen videos of Phish playing live....you call that music?"

^^^Terrible. So that's you roll? Judging a live concert experience watching youtube on your fucking couch? Fail.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:50 AM

Best Coast > WAVVES > Fucked Up > Phish
that's the truth

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:52 AM

^gosh another idiot who failed math!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:54 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:54 AM

Deerhunter > Deer Tick > Phish

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:54 AM

"Best Coast > WAVVES > Fucked Up > Phish
that's the truth"

AGREED! THANK YOU!

Posted by obnoxious misinformed scenester douchebag | October 14, 2011 10:55 AM

I liked Phish. When I was like 18.
I'm not 18 anymore. Time to move on from mangos and llamas.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:56 AM

The Beatles > The Byrds > The Phish

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:56 AM

10:56 congrats on your 19th birthday!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:57 AM

Phish>Dan Deacon>Waves>Beach Fossils>Hummus Jokes>Clown Shit

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 10:58 AM

BV>PT? discuss

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:02 AM

^Sure...why not..I like phish but BV is my go to page for the NYC area shows

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:04 AM

Phish Phans Occupy Wall Street
by Jeremy Harrolson, Times City Desk

Today the Occupy Wall Street protests took on a new, bizarre dimension when the marching crowd began to spontaneously twirl and dance in the street accompanied by a boombox blaring "Stash" by the band Phish.

"This is exactly what we've been waiting for!" exclaimed Joanne D'Ambrosio, of Old Brookville, NY. "We have been struggling to find a unifying statement to link all of our disparate demands together, and then my new friend Rummer turned on his Picture Of Nectar CD and we all knew. It was like magical".

Elsewhere, some of the older protesters looked on with bewilderment and wonder. "We came here to make a statement about the greedy bankers who are raping us" said Tariq Habibi of Greenwich, CT, "but Phish really encapsulates the struggle of the masses to rise above the oppression of the man."

Will this mark a turn for the Occupy Wall Street protestors to a more cohesive statement of purpose? Maybe so, maybe not.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:05 AM

You see kids. 1027am can't even name 5 bands he listens to other than Phish. Right there shows you who listens to Phish.

You Phish fans are pathetic! Go listen to some real music!

Talking Heads > Phish

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:06 AM

^You see you are also an idiot...reread who you directed your comments too.. there were three 10:27's! Idiot!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:08 AM

Thanks for the post, even if you hate the band.
The projection going on on this thread is something else!

Posted by dorn | October 14, 2011 11:09 AM

*spin*doctors*
haha censor niggaz

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:09 AM

^btw in case you are curious...I like the Talking Heads and agree with that statements...Other bands I like more than Phish's studio albums include:Walkmen, Elbow, Soundtrack of Our Lives, Foals, MMW, Eels, Charlatans UK, Sigur Ros...but I still can wrap my head around the fact that Phish deliver a tight show..happy?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:10 AM

9:14pm- I think baby needs his bottle.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:12 AM

*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*spin*doctors*

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:13 AM

I wish Garcia was still alive.
Who listens to lyrics anyway???????
MEKONS!!!

Posted by smack | October 14, 2011 11:16 AM

1108 = 1127 (2nd one) just keep babbling babbling and trying to look up on google what bands he has listened to the past 10 years b/c Phish is the only band on his Ipod....

poor hippie.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:20 AM

"Talking Heads > Phish"

phish would agree with that statement. they cover crosseyed and cities quite often

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:21 AM

Just by looking at that picture, you can say Phish fans are _________.

Fill it out yourself.

Didn't they break up couple years ago? Why are they still playing? Did they put out a new album or are they rolling in $$$ like Jay-Z cause every hippie will still go see this band?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:24 AM

back to talking about bbg aka black bubblegum aka fred pessaro aka jersey shore reject aka imagines himself to be the hero of an epic

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:32 AM

11:20 you failed again...1127??Who is that?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:33 AM

11:20 is frantically searching bands 11:10 listed as he never heard of them since he hasn't left Staten Island yet...it is painful as even though he turned 19 his mom won't let him venture to the big city yet!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:34 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:35 AM

BrooklynVegan will be probably be spending New Years Eve at an Oh Land show.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:38 AM

these comments are fucking GOLD! post of the year BBG! ive never seen this many melts!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:39 AM

I got 99 problems but Phish ain't one! Jk. Phish is one of 99 problems....

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:48 AM

"BrooklynVegan will be probably be spending New Years Eve at an Oh Land show."

i LOL'd

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:48 AM

"Phish fans are hilarious. Everyone's just like their own person with their own opinion man.

Until you say anything even close to bad about Phish. Worst fucking band, shit sounds like Raffi. At least his lyrics are more evocative."

This guy clearly heard Bouncin' on the radio. The truth is that you can't fully judge them until you've heard a generous portion or shows or songs since they cross a mind numbing amount of genres. People hear, Bouncin' or Contact and immediately write them off. You like blues? Check. Funk? Check. Arena Rock? Check. Jazz? Check. Progressive? Check. Like them all together? CHECK!

Keep on keepin on folks. Just because a badn doesn't take themselves too serious, or isn't afraid give nods to virtually every style of music and influential artist doesn't make them suck. They are an honest group and have been monumentally successful for 25-ish years without the help of mainstream radio or record sales. Not too many bands can say that.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:49 AM

"1045 you realize there are people who write for a living, right? for instance, bbg is a first-rate prose artist who pushes the language further. you're going to compare that with some nonsense about "dominion"?"

Who's camparing anything to what the author wrote? I was merely giving another take on more poignant lyrics than the ones in "Contact". Pushes the language further.....stfu.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:52 AM

And now I will slink back into the anonymous black hole and rip the band some more!

Pharewell phrom Phredrick Phrancis Phinklemeyer!

Posted by Phredrick Phrancis Phinklemeyer | October 14, 2011 11:53 AM

I like Radiohead more than Phish. Just saying.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 11:57 AM

bbg and phish fans are equally trollable. i look forward to picking apart every word he writes from now on

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:03 PM

"I'm actually ambivalent about Phish, but the earnestness of their Phans makes it so goddamn fun to tweak them that it's impossible to resist."

This is so true. I'm a huge fan and it drives to the edge when folks start bashing. haha. Just something about them when you are invested in the music. We're very protective! haha. The best part is that in addition to being this defensive about the band, we're also the most critical about them. We demand nothing but the best! : )

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:03 PM

white people. hippies. lol.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:08 PM

Capitalists for Phish!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:11 PM

Bankers l

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:25 PM

it's well known that bankers have the most powerful pills

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:29 PM

More than 95% of these posts are written by firse time BV visitors.

Now go away cause BBG has been contributing to BV more than you ever will.

Go back to Phish forum.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:39 PM

"it's well known that bankers have the most powerful pills"

^^THIS. Haha!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:47 PM

The fact that a debate about Phish is happening on this site is sickening. Can we get back to discussing LCD Sound System or Radiohead or Arcade Fire please?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:57 PM

^I know I agree.You would figure people on bv would understand good music and not debate it. The fact that people can't recognize Phish and their talent and musicianship couldn't be described as anything other than sickening!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 12:59 PM

Phish isn't all bad, didn't one of their fans fall to his death at one of their shows? That was pretty cool!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:00 PM

i heard the bass player in phish had butt sex with a 10 year old daughter of a hell's angels member. when the hell's angels found out, they beat him bloody and kicked him in the balls multiple times. i also hear that the bass player in phish is now a registered sex offender.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:04 PM

i am in Zuccotti Park, formerly called Liberty Plaza Park with occupy wall street. i will probably be here in late december. i will need free tickets to all the phish msg shows because everything is free in the park. can someone give me free tickets? we are the 99%.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:12 PM

1:00 hope that happens to someone close to you jerkoff

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:12 PM

A lot of you people are stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:28 PM

This post needs more WEEN.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:36 PM

what about the *spin*doctors* show last night?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:47 PM

i look forward to purchasing tickets for all 4 nights with my $70k salary. bankers! winning!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 1:58 PM

If nothing else, we've learned that phish fans are even more annoying than the band.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:02 PM

complex composed compositions

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:04 PM

Phish sucks more cock than most of your mothers,sisters and girlfriends combined. And if you're gonna talk shit, but do it anonymously, what's the point? . I'm saying Phish sucks, it's for left over hippies and shouldabeen abortions. My worst death would be a slow painful one, like being "Jammed" to death over the course of 3 hours by Phish. Fuck Phish.

Posted by Jesse Madre | October 14, 2011 2:04 PM

^is that your real name Jesse?

Posted by Is that You Jesse? | October 14, 2011 2:12 PM

^hahaha
wwwDOTgracelandtattoo.com/graceland/news.htm
gunshyassassinDOTcom/gun-shy-interview/tiger-flowers%E2%80%99-jesse-madre-the-gun-shy-interview/

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:13 PM

I had to ask Madre if he ever gets pussy on the road.

“Never,” he admits. “I was just talking about this with a couple of guys I work with, right before we left for tour, and they were like, ‘Oh man — tail’s going to be everywhere.’ And I was like, ‘Guys, I have never gotten laid once on tour,’ and that might be partly me because when I’m out there, I enjoy the shit out of my buddies in the band and I’m too busy getting drunk and having a good time with them to try to single out some girl and spend 20 minutes lying to her about how I think she’s interesting and unique. So I don’t even bother.”

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:16 PM

2:04 - I have to take issue with you on this. Their mothers and sisters suck a hell of a lot of cock.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:27 PM

2:04 thanks for adding to the conversation. You have intelligence that is beyond any mesurable limits!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 2:34 PM

PHISH SMISH. we all know they stole their sound and beards from none other than the musical gods the SPPINNN DOCCTORS. Dont bring your girlfriends to the show next sunday at the brooklyn bowl, they will all be leaving pregnant

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 3:25 PM

S)p)i)n) D)o)c)t)o)r)s) should play at Madison's Square Garden!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 4:09 PM

Anyone else see Bones Thugs-n-Harmony the other night? Sh*t was tight!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 4:33 PM

So I was reading this thread, pretty great stuff, and saw on the side that Amy Winehouse died!?!?! WTF?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 4:37 PM

Being able to play an instrument doesn't mean you are good or "talented." What a stupid argument. Phish is uninspired middling crap who's shelf life ran out about 10 years ago. You are all just nostalgic to a time when you didn't have to deal with
"real life" and could follow tour during semesters off at university of community college. The "shows" are for this nostalgic segment who want to pretend the are 16-25 again. If you can't deal with that fine, but realize the rest of us think they really aren't great, and you can leave your stupid arguments about playing=talent. Joe Satriani can play his guitar really well, but I can't stand to listen to it, and his songs aren't that good. Damn you hippies...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 4:51 PM

"None of those have the chops to be on Phish's level and I like King Crimson."

I think you mean steaks and chops. Otherwise, you know nothing.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 4:58 PM

More like stool sample in a jar.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 5:00 PM

i used to bone the keyboard player in phish. maybe it was the drummer?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 5:14 PM

S p i n O)))))

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 6:39 PM

@451

The point is though, if you actually appreciate music, you have to admit they are a good band. Doesn't mean you have to enjoy their music. I'm sure you don't wake up and listen to Miles Davis and John Coltrane but are you gonna say they suck? If you do, you're a fucking moron.

Plus, your first line is exactly why indie music sucks. Standing on stage physically able to play a guitar does not mean you are good. That's what most bands out of Brooklyn have, basic talent. Phish is not just playing their instruments. I don't even like them THAT much but they can fucking play with soul. Stop trying to be cool and get your head out of your ass.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 7:37 PM

That's the most idiotic argument ever, 7:37. You probably buy your art at those starving artist sales they have in hotel conference rooms. "Golly gee, those flowers are so life-like, what a gifted artist!"

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:09 PM

9:09 - I've always thought "jam" music was like the art on the walls at a truck-stop McDonald's.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2011 9:47 PM

clap your hands say yeah>phish

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 12:14 AM

Wow. You phish fans sure get aggro! I thought y'all were chill and stuff. You guys should chill out and have some hummus.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 2:42 AM

Ronald McGoddamn Donald!

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 6:18 AM

Crybabies.

Posted by Klicka | October 15, 2011 10:42 AM

All I have to say is this...
I've seen both BV and BBG post holier than thou-ish comments about bands they are not supposed to like, and put disclaimers within said posts to distance themselves from these bands (I guess to protect their reps?).
That's kinda lame. Not very open minded for a music-based site that is supposed to have an open minded focus.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 11:32 AM

I don't listen to Phish; not because I'm against jam bands or anything.. I just never got into them.
But I respect them for the fact that they built their audience from a grass-roots level with little marketing or promotion and zero airplay (at a time when airplay actually mattered).
That's why it's disappointing when I see BBG give a disclaimer. That's something a 16 year old would do; not admit to his dirtbag metal friends that he likes a hippie band, for fear that it would make him uncool.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 11:48 AM

Phish, Widespread Panic,Guided By Voices = CRAP.

Dumb music for useless hippies. I don't know why BV blogs about them. Hippie music ended when Jerry died.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 7:22 PM

I'd rather waste the money I don't have to see Stephen Merchant and pretend that its New Year's Eve.

Meanwhile, back at the batcave...

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 9:07 PM

I come to these comments to giggle at the phish hatred and instead am served a bunch of Ed Anger style attacks on the justified, awesome protest happening outside your apartments called Occupy Wall Street. I mean, if you're against the protests because you're a delusional, right wing piece of shit then fine. But, if you're what I assume - a person with a good heart buried in layers of miserable cynicism, then I hope you pull yourself out of it & join these protests that are happening right now. I think you'll regret it if you don't.

Also... Phish... Haha.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2011 11:09 PM

trey is back on h

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2011 7:53 PM

punk, middling, into, real, indie, money, lyrics, lame, talent, guys

Posted by Anon | October 17, 2011 1:05 AM

EVERYONE leave the hummus out of this, chickpeas are awesome and deserve none of this vitriol.

Posted by g | October 17, 2011 4:53 AM

I can respect a band like Phish more than a flash in the pan hipster band that is only cool from the moment that Pitchfork says they're cool until the general public starts liking them.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2011 9:11 AM

There ain't nothing like a grateful dead concert. But the phish comes pretty close.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2011 7:06 PM

I knew about Three Oh Sees before they were cool.

Posted by PBR | October 17, 2011 9:09 PM

Me thinks some body gots to go to God Bless Deli...

Posted by Hoggle | October 17, 2011 9:58 PM

Hahaha, white people.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2011 6:50 PM

Vegans don't eat phish so what can you expect.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2011 4:36 PM

lets be clear on who's who.
Phishheads = experiment and experience life by finding self creativity.

Hipsters = pretend to act like phishheads in spirit but really have no understanding of self.

I've hated every hipster i've met since 1998, when the hipster movement died. Much like the summer of Love....by the time 1969 came around and people all over the country flocked to California to become a "hippie" the movement was bunked over with suburban dropouts trying to find themselves through mommy and daddy's money. Hippies were dead, and everyone else was a worthless follower with shitty ideas.

I think hipsters are ugly. Can't wait for the day Jews take brooklyn back from them filthy low-life, blood sucking losers.

This isn't about phish. This is about the audacity of a poor-spoken hipster to "judge" others. what a waste of breathe.

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2011 1:20 PM

I talk a lot of shit about heaven, but I've never been there.
Go to a phish show before you open your mouth. You'll find more energy than a lightning strike.
You can hate em, you can think they suck, their time may "have passed" whatever.....to the people who find themselves at a phish show, there is more energy there than any other place on earth (scientific embellishment)....undisputed fact.

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2011 1:52 PM

Wilson!

Posted by Anonymous | November 11, 2011 8:29 AM

Now that Phish's dominance over all things hipster has been established we can move on from this clueless & meatless site.

Posted by Mermaid | November 17, 2011 9:32 AM

BV is a garbage site anyways, never have i read more useless reviews in my life.

Posted by mindlesselfendulge | December 3, 2011 1:09 PM

PHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucksPHISH sucks...

Posted by Anonymous | December 31, 2011 2:12 PM