Posted in music | pictures on November 22, 2011

photos, audio & video by Josh Winkler InTheMO

M83 @ M For Montreal
M83

M83 arrived in NYC yesterday to perform on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and continue their NYC adventure TONIGHT (11/22) at Webster Hall and Wednesday at Music Hall of Williamsburg. Both shows are way sold-out. If you don't have a ticket and aren't up for scouring the secondary market for a pair (if you can even find/afford them there), you can at least watch their performance from Fallon last night. Check that out below.

The NYC dates represent the tail-end of M83's North American tour with Active Child, though the M83 will play a solitary show in Los Angeles in middle January (1/13). Maybe Zola Jesus will show up at that one like she did at a recent show.

M83 recently played Fun Fun Fun Fest and since then Chicago, and even more recently, M for Montreal. Pictures and a video from their Montreal appearance, as well as two live tracks recorded at that show, "Intro" and "Teen Angst" (both of which appear here for the first time), are below.

Speaking of M For Montreal, the rest of Bill's coverage is coming soon (M83 included). Meanwhile you can still check out what he saw on night 1 and night 2.

More M83 tour dates, those song streams and videos, and the video of their Los Angeles performance of "Intro" with Zola Jesus. below....

M83 live at M for Montreal 2011 by brooklynvegan

M83 - "Midnight City" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (11/21/11)

M83 @ M For Montreal

Mar 06 Magazzini Generali Milan Mi, Italy
Mar 09 Bikini Barcelona, Spain
Mar 10 Shoko Madrid, Spain
Mar 11 Hard Club Porto, Portugal
Mar 12 Lux Club Lisbon, Portugal
May 05 Majestic Theatre Detroit, MI

So glad to finally be able to see them!

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 12:28 PM

Meh83

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 12:30 PM

tmrw is gonna be sick~

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 12:33 PM

I can't believe I slept on buying tickets to this show. I've already seen M83 at Bowery and Webster. Both shows were great.

I'll bet tonight will be M83's final Webster performance. Given the success of the new album, it's T5 from now on.

Posted by Dan | November 22, 2011 12:47 PM

Ugh. T5. Very true

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 12:58 PM

tonight's going to be phenomenal.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 1:01 PM

got mine for tomorrow night a long time ago - gonna be good

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 1:03 PM

People better be dancing tonight at webster hall! furreal why would you go to an m83 show to just stand around?

Posted by R | November 22, 2011 2:38 PM

12:47 - I'm with ya, Dan. Saturdays=Youth is one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years and I slept on getting tickets for the last tour, too. The new album is simply epic and I would love to see how it all translates live.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 2:47 PM

Couldn't agree more R2:38. It'll be the dance club before the other dance club tonight!

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 3:07 PM

"Saturdays=Youth is one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years and I slept on getting tickets for the last tour, too. The new album is simply epic and I would love to see how it all translates live.:

I would love to see what you look like. From what you wrote I have my own assumptions. I bet you and that idiot Frohawk have some things in common, huh?

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 3:34 PM

Hey 3:34. Why the hostility? Saturdays=Youth is a great album, which I would imagine was enjoyed by people of all types and looks.

Of course, we all know that 3:34 posted the comment just so someone would get ticked off and respond. This was (mostly) a hate-free thread. Thanks for sinking the thread to the typical BV BS.

Posted by Dan | November 22, 2011 3:39 PM

^ Don't worry about him. The fact that that Frohawk meme was mentioned nullifies any credibility whatsoever. Carry on fellas!

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 3:56 PM

The thread Dan was hate free and basically non existent. Basically you and another of your buddies all giggly over the shows. Everyone else could not care less about this. But hey let me add to the festive atmosphere.

You all know you want to say it so I will

Tonight at Webster and tomorrow at Music Hall is gay dance club night. Hurrah.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 3:58 PM

Dan, why do you care so much what 3:34 or anyone thinks or says. What have you been doing this whole time, watching and rereading getting all wet in the pants before the show. Does it now sadden you that not everyone likes this band? Are you their spokesman?

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 4:18 PM

Take it easy Dan. Why worry? Just you and your boyfriend enjoy the show tonight and dance your asses off. Or if you don't have a guy, i am sure there will be plenty of single dudes there. And then tomorrow you can excitedly comment on the day after thread and tell us all how the show destroyed and was one of the best shows of the century.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 4:19 PM

Hitler was a Jew.

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 4:27 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing about M83 moving to T5 after this tour. I saw them in 2008 in Northampton, MA. Those small shows probably won't be an option going forward. Glad I got tickets for tonight!

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2011 4:58 PM

Can't we all just get along?

And I'm not going to the show tonight.

Posted by Dan | November 22, 2011 5:20 PM

Lot of people got burned buying fake tickets for this one. When are people gonna learn that Craigslist, Joe the Scalper.com or buying tickets from shady dudes on the street corner is always a bad idea. Sometimes shows are sold out - come to terms with it and move on already.

Posted by milkycerealbaby | November 23, 2011 12:50 AM

What are you talking about 12:50? You are talking out of your ass. I bought 3 tickets at face off Craigslist for tonight and had no problem getting in. I spoke to a few people inside who bought as well off who got off StubHub with no problem. Plus apparently they sold some tickets at the box office when doors opened.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2011 2:02 AM

I saw lots of sad single dudes hanging around front trying to buy an extra tickets. Their tears were becoming a sea.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2011 6:15 AM

i was at the m83 show in montreal on the weekend. great show, much better than the last tour which bored me to tears.

the venue in montreal was pretty crap.

Posted by b. | November 23, 2011 10:42 AM

DAVID BYRNE PLAYING MERKIN CONCERT HALL @ KAUFMAN CENTER IN NYC, TICKETS ONSALE NOW
kaufman-center.org/merkin-concert-hall/event/ecstatic-music-festival-jherek-bischoff-and-the-wordless-music-orchestra-wi/

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2011 11:36 AM

Well I was dancing at a night club one Friday night
And that night club bar was a little uptight
Yeah, I was dancing all alone a little self conscious
When some kids came up and said, "for dancing come with us."
And soon...

I was dancing in the M83 show, ooh ooh ooh

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2011 11:39 AM

this band is cool story, bro

Posted by milkycerealbaby | November 23, 2011 10:03 PM

In the first bar, things were just so-so
But in this bar, things were more ho-mo

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2011 10:14 AM

I love their music so much.

Posted by adeal | November 27, 2011 5:49 AM