To quote Pitchfork: "The Weeknd's follow-up to House of Balloons and Thursday is here. Grab the nine-track Echoes of Silence-- featuring a cover of Michael Jackson's "Dirty Diana" and production from Clams Casino-- for free over on the-weeknd.com or here,"
House of Balloons, the first mixtape, was #1 on a list of albums that Heems from Das Racist submitted to Pitchfork. Check out Heems' full list of 'Top Albums of 2011' below...
Das Racist's Heems - Top Albums of 2011
01. The Weeknd: House of Balloons
02. Danny Brown: XXX
03. Mash Hall: Don't Talk to the Cops!
04. Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire: Lost in Translation
06. Main Attrakionz: 808s and Dark Grapes II
07. Big Baby Gandhi: Big Fucking Baby
08. Action Bronson and Statik Selektah: Well-Done
09. Meek Mill: Dreamchasers
10. Spaceghostpurrp: Blvcklvnd Rvdix 66.6 (1991)
11. A$AP Rocky: LiveLoveA$AP
Other Shit: French Montana: "Shot Caller", Unknown Mortal Orchestra: Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Small Black: New Chain, Wu Lyf: Go Tell Fire to the Mountain, Pictureplane: Thee Physical, Rustie: Glass Swords, M83: Hurry Up We're Dreaming.