Posted in music | pictures | tour dates on January 9, 2012

Pulp @ Way Out West in 2011
Way Out West

The Coachella 2012 lineup was supposed to be announced in full by now (update: ANNOUNCED), so that may explain why Pulp just announced that they will in fact be playing the festival on both of its weekends: April 13 & 20. Now let's hope that also means a North American tour that comes all the way east. The rumored end-of-2011 US shows obviously didn't happen.

I was lucky enough to catch Pulp during their reunion dates in Europe over the summer, at the Way Out West festival in Gothenburg, Sweden to be exact. Here are some pictures from that glorious show, the great Jarvis Cocker, special guest Charlie Fink from Noah & the Whale, and many Swedish fans included. They continue below...

Way Out West

radio city right? but when? early may?

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 7:02 PM

Is anyone surprised? Probably not since everyone saw this move coming.

Pulp were a great band, but not major headliner IMHO (in the US at least).

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 7:03 PM

that lineup is confirmed via the black keys facebook....

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 7:08 PM

Here's to hoping they don't pull a Suede and decide to only play Coachella then fuck off back home.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 7:10 PM

Actually a great Coachella Lineup this year. If you are from NYC though there is really no reason to venture out there. All these bands have recently or will come and play here and smaller better sounding venues. That includes At The Drive In and Pulp (cmon you know they are not coming here just for Coachella). Unless of course you have a burning desire to see Dre and Snoop.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 7:12 PM

Refused are ONLY playing Coachella.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 8:14 PM

"Refused are ONLY playing Coachella"

WRONG

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 8:17 PM

There are few more accurate barometers of a hipster's actual calendar age than whether or not they like Pulp.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2012 10:13 PM

^Pulp are about as un-hip as you can get in the US, and thats what makes them so great. piss off, hipster.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 6:15 AM

^^ make me, limey.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 8:15 AM

The BK Waterfront will be busy this summer with cash cow reunions!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 9:52 AM

^ and the NITROUS MAFIA

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 10:10 AM

Pulp should only be enjoyed with nitrous

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 10:17 AM

"make me, limey."

Wave that prejudice there, doofus.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 10:19 AM

*I* love pulp, and i don't understand most of the comments in this thread. jesus i'm getting old.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 11:29 AM

I've seen Pulp many times back in the day. I've also seen Jarvis solo. There isn't much difference.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 11:39 AM

Really? jarvis hardly played any pulp songs on his tours, and the music from his two solo albums was vastly different from pulp's.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 11:46 AM

"Figures how trendy hipsters think they're so tolerant of different types of people, yet they automatically assume that someone who likes a band from Britain is a "limey".

Wave that prejudice there, doofus."

No I called you limey because ...
(a) you assumed I was a hipster (your bad) and everyone knows that people from the UK are genetically less intelligent than their superior American cousins (along with the teeth and body odor);
(b) you posted your disparaging comment at 6:15 AM, which means that you are either an OCD recluse insomniac needing to check BV at that unGodly hour, or you are a methhead still on last week's jag, or you maybe could be in a timezone east of everyone actually living in Brooklyn (guess I was wrong to not assume "b", amirite?)
(c) because I felt like it and I don't need a reason to call some anonymous jaggoff like you anything I feel.

ZING!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 12:15 PM

The Limey was a great movie! One of the best!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 12:33 PM

I'M COMING!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 12:45 PM

The Limey was Soderbergh's best movie! I think he's making a sequel too!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 12:48 PM

12:15: Believe it or not, you got the wrong person (I'm in Bay Ridge). I interjected because your comments were annoying enough that it prompted me to respond, so:

Your point "a)" is just more bigotry alsong with a shovel to keep digging yourself a nice sized hole there. And "b)", well, I guess the "when you assume..." saying really DOES hold true.

Point "c)" however is fair enough (see? I can be fair myself.).

"ZING!"

I don't know where you got this from,
but I don't see how in any way it's applicable to your post. Perhaps you were responding to the post above yours.

Also, to address your OC, obviously not everybody who likes Pulp is a hipster or a Brit. Your further comments seem to justify your stupidity. Be honored that I addressed you (some anonymous BVer) at length.

Carry on.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 1:06 PM

You really aren't that bright now, are you! Oh, you think you are ... keep thinking that, especially when the trust fund runs out and you have to go actually work for a living. I guess being spoiled is fun for a while, but all good things must come to an end. You, of course, would not know that yet.

'ere, 'ere ...whhfffftt ... good shit

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL (that's me laughing at you)

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 2:07 PM

Over easy, and no Pulp please.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 3:59 PM

i will pass on pulp

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 4:10 PM

Pulp, Radiohead, Blur = Crap.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2012 5:10 PM

"^ Hahahahahahaha bugged you so much you had to come back on and comment, huh? Hahahahaha

'ere, 'ere ...whhfffftt ... good shit

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL (that's me laughing at you)"

How'd that electro-shock therapy go for you last night?

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2012 10:10 AM

how many people were at the concert rocked! nice!

Posted by jocuri barbi | June 1, 2012 10:56 PM