Posted in music | tour dates on January 19, 2012

Lustmord at Unsound 2011 (more by Greg Cristman)
Lustmord

Set aside April 18 - 22 which is when the annual Unsound Festival will make its way back to NYC at various venues across the city including BAMcinématek, The Bunker, Lincoln Center, ISSUE Project Room and Le Poisson Rouge.

So far amongst the confirmed are Baaba, Hype Williams, Berliner POLE, Jacaszek, Demdike Stare, ITAL, Hieroglyphic Being, Sun Araw, and a special set from Biosphere with Lustmord:

The worldwide debut of a special commission by Unsound and The Royal Norwegian Consulate General in New York and San Francisco: TRINITY features two legendary pioneers of ambient music Biosphere and Lustmord joining forces for the first time. Though both hail from very different worlds - Los Angeles based Lustmord is shrouded in darkness, whilst Biosphere's equally mysterious persona is deeply connected with the Arctic Circle - together they will create a work inspired by the first testing and development of atomic weapons in the Nevada desert.

This project is just one in a series of works related to the new Nordic scene - with a special focus on Norway. Unsound Festival New York's 2012 program will also include the blistering live show of Oslo-based digimetal band KILLL.

Lustmord also played Unsound 2011. Stay tuned for more details on the 2012 fest.

I DEF WANT TO HIT THIS APPLE SEMINAR.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:09 PM

Status Update: Hey all these people paid good money for me to check my email on stage! Lulz!

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:11 PM

I wants to see lustmord this time...pissed I missed him last time

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:14 PM

Another Lustmord post. This should be good.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:15 PM

"hmm... wikipedia's down today."

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:23 PM

That last Lustmord thread was outstanding. In case you missed it, it is here: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/04/lustmord_played.html

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:23 PM

I wouldn't call this playing a show? Look I know nothing about this guy but what does he play? Is there a band? Does he just hang around the computer the whole time?

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:24 PM

he makes soundscapes and plays them from his computer. it must be riveting.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:26 PM

So it is like hanging out at Brookstone and playing with their random machines?

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:30 PM

"pissed I missed him last time"

You need better aim with your dong then.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:32 PM

i could be wrong, but i think it's sort of like sunn))))000*** or whatever the fuck they're called, done from a laptop

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:42 PM

Looks like he is checking BV for his tour dates and comments1

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:45 PM

Last show was great..after it was over he signed my macbook!

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 2:52 PM

I don't want to go to this show as getting there would make for a "Hard drive". I can't "compute" spending all this time to "Monitor" this show. If I went most of the jerks in the crowds will probably "ram" eachother too the music. I rather sit home and have some "port". Anyway this music is not my "type". I am more in too music to "mac" to the ladies with. That or I can have the girls over and watch the "notebook" that seems to "Start" them up.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 3:02 PM

^
fail.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 3:12 PM

Ambient music is for dolphins. http://gawker.com/5859611/

If you really want to see a dj mix live without a macbook running a beat match program go see Gesaffelstein and Brodinski at Webster tomorrow. Gesaffelstein blew my mind on Holy Ship.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 3:38 PM

It seems the masses are not only unwashed but uneducated as well. Fucking hipster indie douchebags. Lustmord is a legendary and extremely talented artist that has composed numerous movie soundtracks in addition to his vast and highly respected catalog. I doubt any of you could anything more musical on your laptops than download shitty Die Antwoord tunes. When you're ignorant you should keep your mouths shut, it's embarassing.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 3:52 PM

Unsound,Unsane

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 3:59 PM

hahaa, smutlord fluffers are the best. so defensive and sensitive. they go from zero to aggro in a second. awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 4:07 PM

I need some clarification on the matter. Who is Lustmord and why are his songs on youtube putting me to sleep?

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 4:20 PM

^because you have no intelligence?

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 4:37 PM

It is easy to say that Lustmord hasn't performed live in years. Judging by the pictures, he has never performed live.

A bet people that go to this show also subscribe to the New Yorker and consider themselves edgy.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 4:57 PM

is that a macbook air?

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 5:03 PM

Why do bald guys grow goatees?

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 5:16 PM

5:16-because they want to make up for their lack of hair

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 5:54 PM

ITAL SUCKS

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 7:41 PM

Look..lets just say this guy is the greatest living musician of all time...No matter how good he is though that live show is silly. It is a guy on a computer! Might as well throw on a cd at home with the volume way up!

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 9:28 PM

When you make fun of Lustmord to people who actually
know about music, you sound like a total fucking imbecile. Imagine hearing someone spout off how Green Day was their favorite band until they heard this band called Kings of Leon last week.....that is you right now! You are irrelevant, good night.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2012 9:33 PM

Too bad Hafler Trio wasn't also going to play but that is a pretty rare thing.

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 1:46 AM

9:33 oh so sooowey I insulted your favorite "band". THIS IS NOT MUSIC! It is a computer programmer. Sure he may be talented etc but to call it music? YOU ARE THE FOOL! Music came way before computers and it will be here way after computers.

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 7:24 AM

Does this dude do anything at this concert besides hitting play? Does he mix live? I am being serious! I would understand seeing this if he recreated the music with a live band!

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 7:30 AM

9:33 BWAHAHAHA! Really man get over yourself. Sounds like you know knothing about music. Sad thing is I'll bet Green Day and KOL live show is more entertaining! As much as I hate those teeny booper bands they do play their instruments live...

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 7:40 AM

It's intended for the fauxhemians who spike their green tea with cognac. Listen to King Missle "Sensitive Artist"

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 8:35 AM

3:52pm and 9:33pm are clearly the same person, and they must seriously "know about music." so enlightened!

please, master. tell us more.

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 8:59 AM

if you disrespect smutlord, we cut off your johnson!

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 9:00 AM

Ha the title of the fest is UNsound...ironic hipsters

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 10:01 AM

Brian Lustmord, in his early days, used to play Tibetan Thighbone Trumpets (yes, a trumpet made from a real human thighbone) locked up in crypts and caves. He'll do more than "cut off your johnson"...

Nowadays he uses a computer to do music. The computer IS his instrument, or did you think he just presses 'play' and sits there watching youtube?

You might as well write off all electronic music, bar the handful of acts that bring guitars onstage. (eg Black Strobe). And all DJs too, while you're at it - they don't 'play' their instruments. Hell, switch off your radio too, since it's not 'the real thing'...

Btw, I saw Biosphere live before, and let me tell you that it was a wholly different experience than just "playing the CD at home with the volume up real loud."

Some electronic musicians can actually 'do stuff' live, you know, unlike the shit you are obviously familiar with. Educate yourself first before making dumb comments.

PS: WTF is a 'fauxhemian'? Some kind of American ape?

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2012 7:51 PM

To clear up a little something, NY was NEVER onsale at arcadefire.com today. I was refreshing all morning and it wasn't there. Whether it was ever supposed to be or not is the confusion. Merge said it would and neither they nor Arcade Fire has said anything to clear that up.

Posted by Arab Ladies | September 27, 2012 12:51 AM

Arcade Fire has since delivered a press release stating that NY neither was onsale at the assumed location, nor will it ever be. That's not to say that it won't be onsale SOMEWHERE, though (and indeed, Arcade Fire themselves basically confirmed as much on Merge). But where and when it will be onsale has not yet been established. This is primarily--but not entirely--due to the sort of disputes that are all-too-common between labels and distributors.

Posted by Russian Gents | September 27, 2012 1:56 AM

I dunno what else to say other then cool

Posted by jordon | August 7, 2013 7:33 PM