Posted in metal | music | tour dates on February 15, 2012

Youth of Today at Acheron (more by Jason House)
Youth of Today

Black & Blue Bowl 2012 has been announced and includes appearances from Sheer Terror, Youth of Today, Outburst, The Mob (who are also playing Chaos in Tejas), DYS (who we recently interviewed), A Tribute to Raybeez (with mems of Warzone and other NYHC all-stars) and much more. Tickets for the May 19th show at Webster Hall "will be announced within the next week."

The current Black & Blue lineup, with more bands to be announced, is below.

Black & Blue Bowl 2012 Lineup (so far)
SHEER TERROR
A TRIBUTE TO RAYBEEZ (members of Warzone)
YOUTH OF TODAY
OUTBURST
THE MOB
DYS
HAZEN STREET
MINUS 1 (Minus w/ members of Merauder)
ROTTING OUT
FIRST BLOOD
BORN FROM PAIN
SUBURBAN SCUM
KING NINE

WARZONE - "Intro Bust" into "As One"

Warzone - Don't Forget The Struggle, Don't Forget The Street

Sheer Terror - Just Can't Hate Enough

Youth of Today | NYC @ The Acheron | 22 Oct 2011

Suburban Scum "Hanging By A Thread"

lollllll

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 4:41 PM

Different Mob then on CIT.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 4:43 PM

the dead leading the dead.

Posted by euronymous | February 15, 2012 4:48 PM

this one seems alright...sheer terror and a warzone cover band? perhaps ill walk over.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 4:51 PM

I really can't decide which I find the most pathetically funny - dweebish midwestern transplant hipsters, that crazy lesbian cause-of-the-week plackard lady in midtown, or these closeted homosexual stinky sausages. I usually go around the horn and just keep laughing.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 4:53 PM

^ You belong to the first clique. My condolences.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 4:54 PM

outburst and the intrigue of "minus 1" are not worth my missing my cocksparrer/adicts weekend in Philly

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 4:58 PM

That Sheer Terror video really captures the essence of the sausage scene.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 4:58 PM

scoutmaster core. bunch of grown men hanging around teenagers for 25 years. creepy.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:03 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:09 PM

"I'll have the Sausage No-Muffin, smells like rotten Egg please"

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:11 PM

Ray Capo is over 40 years old. 40+ years old and he is entertaining a bunch of teenagers! it's crazy? What other music scene is like this? Kids, if they invite you into the van, run!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:13 PM

hmm..nah

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:17 PM

^^
Did you watch the Grammys? Only in your thing-of-the-moment-obsessed blog indie culture does age matter so much.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:19 PM

he is a 40+ year old man entertaining teenagers!!! I pray these meatheads are doing it for the $.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:42 PM

i prefer my bowls to be tan (and served with pita)

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 5:49 PM

So much sausage hate.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2012 11:08 PM

Since when are 40+ year olds not allowed to play music? And how many 40+ year olds in bands entertain 25 year olds on a regular basis? Rolling Stones, Iron maiden, Tool, Sonic Youth, plus countless others.....and that doesn't even include the underground...you people are retarded. If you're into hardcore and you cant accept the bands that your age bracket today got their influnces from then you don't understand anything. YOT, Sheer Terror,OUtburst etc were playing the hardcore matinee when it was dangerous on the Bowery. Where were you? Show some respect. Every other genre of music resoects its forefathers. You look weak.

Posted by anonymous | February 15, 2012 11:14 PM

^^Sausage historian.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:26 AM

What is appropriate music for 40 year olds to enjoy and/or play?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:26 AM

You dolts. No one has a problem with 40+ years olds playing music. What they are objecting to is this one clique of bands who refuse to mature or progress. If your audience for the last TWENTY years has been teenagers, what does that say about you and your 'art'? Think about it...

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:39 AM

The Mob (NYHC) are not the same as the The Mob (UK), who are playing Chaos In Tejas

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:04 AM

12:39 - Because your argument is so bewilderingly stupid, I will argue with you on the internet, and do so at length.

You could apply your argument to many, many genres. Is it weird for a 35 year-old to go check out some 70 year-olds playing bebop? How fucking immature is that, to play music that was cool 70 years ago. What about orchestras that only play the music of DEAD PEOPLE in front of VERY OLD PEOPLE? Now that's creepy! What if there are some teenagers in the audience! Or, worse, what about teenagers in orchestras that play this music?? Why don't they progress? If Woody Guthrie came back to life, I would go see him play. I would not ask him to progress, or change his Commie ways, even though he wrote much of his music when he was young (and still alive). Even though his music has not changed in any way since it was recorded, I still enjoy it. What if Woody Guthrie touched me in an uncomfortable way? Could I still enjoy his music?

Who says 'art' (if you want to call it that) has to progress? That's capitalism, I guess (make it new!) - okay, that's an argument for another time, but I'm not sure these bands (and many others) are that concerned with breaking new ground. How much of the music you enjoy is actually cutting edge in any way? Do you only listen to new music, never returning to anything that's hasn't 'progressed'? If you really do only listen to 'new' music, and don't listen to anything that hasn't matured or progressed, that's fine, but you've got to realize you're in the minority. Most people listen to music, at some point, that is not precisely contemporary. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

How about this: Why don't you give an example (or, three) of a band that's been around for twenty years that's: 1) progressed sufficiently, by your standards, and 2) done so in such a way that all of their fans have aged with them.

Why do you care so much about these bands? Are they setting up in your living room and just annoying the living shit out of you with their mosh pits and amplifiers and whatnots?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:25 AM

is that a fat rick ta life in that sheer terror vid?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 3:37 AM

tribute to raybeez? please have jimmy gestapo on vocals. and to echo the others...this is the nyc mob, not the peacepunk bullshit mob from the uk.

Posted by Jawny Rocketz | February 16, 2012 9:19 AM

"Sorry to bum you out 4:54, but I'm not from the midwest, I'm not a hipster, and I could kick your homosexual ass all over the pavement of your choosing. So, skippy boy, you best get yer facts straight, er oh sorry I didn't mean to offend, I meant get your facts correct."

Cool. So I already knew you were a bigot from your first post and you can keep confirming that if you want to. Funny that your judgemntal type will probably get teared to shreds by those types of people in that audience. And you don't seem like the type to make friends, don't you? Life sucks, don't it?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 9:26 AM

hilarious when so many snobs criticize things they wouldn't know the first thing about. odds are, if you're under 30 years old, you're utterly clueless about NYHC--especially if you arrived here from the midwest. there are outliers, of course, that got up to speed. just funny how judgmental people are... seriously. the 'sausage historian' comment was pretty funny, however. no doubt made by a "man" who goes to see live bands not for the bands but to, er, meet "women."

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 9:28 AM

impressive line-up so far. big ups to the organizers.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 9:33 AM

When is Lifesblood gonna play one of these shows?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 9:38 AM

wow, a bnb bowl without AF or the cro-mags? what a shocker!

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 10:07 AM

i like my sausage with hummus

also i'm 15 and ray cappo fondled me in his van while listening to supertouch

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 10:30 AM

Scrambled sausage

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 10:51 AM

How come no one is pointing out that not many teenagers know shit about YOT or Sheer Terror to begin with? Youre making it sound like this show is gonna be overrun with teens. If anything, the BnB Bowl actually skews older (much older than the other hardcore fests). Their fanbase has aged with them, and there are alot of new bloods who have caught up and go see them too. But youre gonna see mostly 30-40s as the age range for this fest, and yes a fair amount of younger people.

What's the problem?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 11:22 AM

9:28: Yep, you as they say here, "nailed it". Especially that last part. Although I'd say in that case there's a better success rate of walkmen selling like hotcakes again, lol!

11:22: Agreed, and also very good points.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 11:25 AM

Let me add, King Nine doesnt belong on here. So releasing a shitty quality 4-song demo is all it takes to get on BnB now? There are so many far superior young bands they could've chosen.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 11:26 AM

I'm the singer of King Nine. Meet me at the show and say it to my face if you got the balls. I'll be on the stage after our set waiting, if you're man enough to do anything about it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 11:43 AM

I'll be attending this show.

Posted by Raybeez' spirit. | February 16, 2012 11:46 AM

I'm the bass player of King Nine, and I can't wait to fight the signer of King Nine.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 11:51 AM

I'm the drummer of King Nine and I'll sodomize the bassist and singer with my drumsticks if they keep mouthing off.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 11:54 AM

what kind of loser 30-40 year old go to hardcore shows? Too funny. My god, life must have beaten you up pretty badly to get to that point.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:01 PM

I'm the second cousin of the singer of King Nine, and we used to play leapfrog together on the tough streets of Nassau County.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:14 PM

^ I doubt it, but those people probably must have beaten you up pretty badly to deflect your self-loathing onto something that doesn't fit in your little cliquey clique.

Shove a twerp in a locker long enough, and a hipster "comes out"! :)

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:16 PM

new york nerd core

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:17 PM

I'm the girlfriend of the guitarist of King Nine and he stuffs his underwear with tube socks.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:40 PM

I'm the personal chef for King Nine, and they request hummus at least 3 times per week.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:47 PM

I haven't seen such an impressive lineup since Saturday morning at Ottomanelli's

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 12:56 PM

4:54 and 5:09 talking tough on a anonymous blog. LOL

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:06 PM

I'm a roadie for Youth of Today and Ray Cappo auto-asphyxiates himself with his Krishna beads. I'm also part of the King Nine street team.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:11 PM

gotta love nyhc. never have knuckleheads expended this much energy trying to prove they're not knuckleheads.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:12 PM

Who you calling a knucklehead? Wanna wrestle over it?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:20 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, K9 singer, but I'm not going to BnB this year. If you wanna talk man enough, you should probably learn to take criticism because even your fans have said that the demo is weak. They gush about your live show because your songs are just one long intro where they get to mosh. Nothing exciting about it. You've played what, 3-4 shows? And you have 4 songs. Get over yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:20 PM

Did 1:20 not get the joke or does he really think he's speaking to the King Nine singer?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:28 PM

King Nine are punks. Everyone in Long Island knows this. We used to bully that one kid all the time when he was in Mind Piece.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:32 PM

I really do believe that that is the singer who posted. I wouldnt put it past him. The rest of them are clearly jokes, and good ones at that (which is shocking for BV).

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:34 PM

when did hardcore become a bunch of retarded wiggers?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:41 PM

Sometime in the 90s. Exhibit A: 25 Ta Life.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:47 PM

1:41...around 1996-1997. That's when I 23 Skidoo'd from the "scene". sad to say it doesn't seem like it's changed for the better.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:47 PM

I haven't paid attention since the early 90's ABC No Rio days, and all of these dudes just seems like lame wannabe gangstas.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:48 PM

Add Skarhead to the list of bands who ruined hardcore with their ghetto/hip hop nonsense.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 1:57 PM

whose the guy who beat up Dwid? He should be added to the list.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 2:01 PM

2:01...Was that Ezec from Skarhead? How about Bulldoze, District 9, E-Town Concrete, the list of garbage goes on and on...

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 2:06 PM

This is the guitarist of Skarhead. You guys wanna talk trash...oh never mind...

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 2:12 PM

why don't these dudes just rap? I don't understand.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 2:13 PM

^ if they just rapped you'd really know how infantile the lyrics are. apparently everyone in this stupid part of the scene has shitty friends who "stabbed them in the back." considering how small the community really is, i guess they've ALL stabbed each other in the back.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 2:30 PM

MIND PIECE??? Didn't they talk a lot of shit and have their crew get ERASED???

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2012 7:59 PM

Mind Piece was no longer allowed to play in the New York area because of some shit they started with some older NYC heads.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 12:06 AM

King Nine = ass hoes

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 1:46 AM

Why would one enjoy shit like this unless one was serially molested as a child? Sausage psychology - so easy to spot.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 6:55 AM

I got maced at a Sheer Terror show in 1991.. That dude took moshing to a whole new level.. This lineup absolutely BLows compared to last year.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 7:56 AM

Whoever is calling these shows sausage fests are fucking pussies.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 9:30 AM

So I'm a pussy for calling this clown shit a sausage fest? Is that right, internet tough guy? Is that so, sausage loving douche?

These are sausage feasts, 9:30. Deal with it. You know you love it. You know you love all those hot, sweaty male bodies rubbing up against you anonymously, like sausages at the meat counter. Say it, SAY IT! YOU LOVE IT!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 9:50 AM

I saw Minus mosh in his underwear, wearing a WW2 German Helmet. Him, SOB and their friends were the reason noone went to shows in NYC and the scene was dead in the early 90's.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 9:53 AM

All the people posting sausage comments listen to Sleigh Bells and Bjork, just ignore them. They're probably commenting on their iphones from Bedford Ave

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 11:24 AM

Don't forget the struggle, don't forget Bedford Ave. Don't forget to pick up your dry cleaning, either.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 11:43 AM

I'm actually on N.6th, tough guy

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 11:46 AM

northsixthtoughguy.blogspot.com

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 11:47 AM

sausages and cocktails wieners, an illegal combination! 18 is the age of consent. Remember that old guy hardcore losers.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 11:57 AM

A poem for this thread ....

Old bald men
Smelly armpits
Tub o' fun
Sausage Fest!

Ain't with us
Against us
Homophobia
Deflect!

Secret desires
Engorged sausage
Hand on my package
So punk!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 12:17 PM

registered sex offenders stay out of the pit!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 12:35 PM

Buncha whiny little girls on this thread. Actually, just one +40 fat bald overgrown child, "keepin' it real".

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2012 7:15 PM

asdSmelly armpits asdTub o' fun asdSausage Fest!

Posted by Line pipe | April 22, 2012 4:02 AM