Posted in music | tour dates on February 9, 2012

BrooklynVegan

Not to be confused with the BBG-manned day party we're doing at Scoot Inn on 3/16, or our TBA official SXSW showcases, BrooklynVegan will be holding it down on 3 stages for 4 days straight at Hotel Vegas and Vostead Lounge in Austin this year (1500 E. 6th Street). Save the dates (March 14-17, 2012), and stay tuned for lineups and much more.

UPDATE - LINEUPS ANNOUNCED

BrooklynVegan

Wednesday lineup HERE
Thursday lineup HERE
Friday lineup HERE
Saturday lineup HERE

We also have THREE official BrooklynVegan showcases - Tuesday (which Alex Maas of the Black Angels is playing a song at), Wednesday, and Friday - and a Saturday metal day party at Lovejoys, AND a bridge show.

Is there any way not to get Austin news?

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:00 PM

1:00 use any blog or rss reader and simply don't click on headlines that don't appeal to you.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:04 PM

BV...
please don't fall into the TRENDY East side.
You are putting people at risk.
Don't feed the Gentification machine!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:08 PM

party!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:22 PM

you should get the jesus and mary chain

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:27 PM

hi 1:00 - are you actually still under the impression that only people from Brooklyn read this blog? if so, please try to get over it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:35 PM

Please try and book Habibi. You've made me fall in love.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:46 PM

I am 1:00.

First of all, I do use an RSS reader. And if history repeats itself, there will be a TON of postings about SXSWS. LOTS. And every year it gets worse.

Second, I am not in Brooklyn, but in California. Most postings on BV are interesting and are useful to the public in general (tour dates, album releases, new bands, etc...). The postings about Austin are fairly boring. Hotel Vegan? Interesting to the 300 people that will attend I guess.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:47 PM

me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:50 PM

Heaven forbid a website promote the shows they're putting on for a music conference that attracts millions upon millions of people to the city of Austin.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:51 PM

lol @ 147pm. Why don't you go read scenester blog that they have for you over there. bv is by far the best blog for anything music related in ny (my opinion). if you don't want to hear about what bv posts, then just ignore ok? sxsw is a great festival and maybe you should go. you're closer than most of us.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:54 PM

BV...
please don't fall into the TRENDY East side.
You are putting people at risk.
Don't feed the Gentification machine!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:08 PM

You know nothing! Who is at risk? Please tell me how development of east Austin is bad?

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:55 PM

i wonder how much third man/jack white paid bv for his new 7" ad...

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 1:56 PM

I give 1:47 credit for admitting to being 1:00... that being said, I am crediting a complete douchebag. Please go away.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:07 PM

1:55 Development of East Austin is not bad, but it is bad when the people who already live their are PRICED out.

1:00+1:47
Dude it's SXSW...a LOT more than 300 people will try and get in...come check it out and you will change your mind.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:28 PM

OH and 1:55 the people at risk are dumb hipsters that think that side of town is safe to be wasted and walking around (easy target)

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:29 PM

Austin is the * of America
Nothing but Rainbow Cowboys there
Y'all can suck on my 8=====D

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:44 PM

Correction ....

Austin is the )*( of America

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:45 PM

"a music conference that attracts millions upon millions of people to the city of Austin."

First of all, SXSW is not just a music conference. Hasn't been for decades. And second, it does not attract millions. In fact, it has less than 50k attendees. You really do not know what you are talking about, do you?

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:48 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:29 PM

I own a house on the east side and find it to be very safe and so do most of people. Sorry you are frightened by it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:50 PM

SXSW is not that great, especially the interactive portion. A bunch of no-names startups talking about social media. If you want to go to Austin for music, go for ACL or better yet, Fun Fun Fun.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:51 PM

"sxsw is a great festival and maybe you should go."

I have been to SXSW and been to Austin on other occasions many times (4 times last summer/fall alone). The music portion of SXSW is basically C M J in Texas. A bunch of dis-joint venues, all hosting parties that are too full to get into. And just like C M J, the un-official shows are the best ones.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 2:51 PM

last year approximately 200,000 people came to austin during sxsw. most do not register for official sxsw activities but rather go to free shows like this one.

Posted by tex | February 9, 2012 3:05 PM

Welcome to the Hotel Vegan
Such a lovely place, such a lovely face
Plenty of hummus at the Hotel Vegan
Any time of year, you can find it here

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:11 PM

2:50...I bet your house is a real Pillar of the Community. Sorry, but I think i know who you are...well at least what you look like

Sorry bout your life. I am not frightned by the East side. I just think at night...it's like you can hear the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle.'

and Dude, I am from Austin and have been around, you are probably one of those people that think it is cool to gentrify the area. I miss a lot of places that have been run out of the Eastside. Don't get me started on Riverside area either...fuckin Nuevo Mexico

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:13 PM

@2:48, I said BV was promoting their shows for the music PORTION of the conference. Perhaps I wasn't clear. But why would I talk about film or interactive when BV's shows have nothing to do with film or interactive?

I'm sorry for exaggerating the number totals for dramatic effect.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:17 PM

NYC gets more visitors than likely any other city in America. Most come to spend money and have a good time.

$$$ + NYC >>>>>> $0.00 + Austin

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:21 PM

As a life long resident of Austin and more recently the east side (10 years) I find most of the gentrification interesting, slight, and tastefully "modified". I'm personally thrilled that the BV party this year will be 6 blocks east of the congestion and gridlock that is downtown austin during SXSW. If you hate Austin...don't come here. Please, really we'd love it if you stayed away. If you follow that rule then it should be easy to ignore SXSW (which evidently you also hate) since you'll be a safe distance from the city limit. If you don't like BV then you're an idiot and clearly on the wrong website. Bye.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:30 PM

keep in mind that this whole conversation was started by someone who thought it was cool to complain about SXSW parties on a site that sponsors SXSW parties. someone told him he'd be perfectly stationed in his level of coolness if he did so. he has been proven to be an idiot, or at least wrongheaded. let's all wait for the next fight.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:36 PM

I'd like to see what percentage of bands actually have a legitimately beneficial experience (career wise) by playings SXSW. I'm thinking less than 1%. It's as big a scam as Sonicbids.

Still pretty fun, though.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:37 PM

i hope the bands include primus, sp!n d0ct0rs, tool, and beachhousefossils

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 3:47 PM

I never understood why anybody would live on the East side. Even downtown Austin is relatively cheap. You can get a 2BR a mile south of congress for less than a grand. Pretty green space.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 4:18 PM

please have free endless hummus and pita triangles

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 4:48 PM

Lots of troll feeders here.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 8:05 PM

@3:37, sorry your band got rejected, yet again.

Keep trying.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 8:07 PM

Actually, we didn't even try this year. After two years of getting in and not having anything happen we decided to save the trip money. Sorry your insult got rejected. Keep trying.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2012 10:39 PM

TOTAL CONTROL

Posted by * | February 10, 2012 12:10 PM

It would be nice if the hotel Vegan would supply a decent hummus platter at their events. Last year I nearly starved to death because that Texas hummus is really dry and rather foul tasting. I got my fingers crossed!

Posted by Anonymous | February 13, 2012 11:04 PM

@10:39pm - Sorry you don't know how to properly promote your band, get signed, make headways, do something important, get noticed, take advantage of stellar opportunities, etc. Sorry your career got rejected. Keep trying. Or not. Yeah, I'd go with not.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2012 4:45 PM

I'm dumber for reading all these fucking retarded comments.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2012 12:13 PM

There are two leaks from the Merge page, Hospitality on thurs and Eleanor Friedberger on Fri.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2012 12:41 PM

A good insight and ideas.. I will use it in my article. You’ve obviously spent a lot of time on this. Congratulations!

Posted by jocuri | August 31, 2012 7:28 AM

oh yes! this hotel is the best!

Posted by Acompanhantres RJ | April 22, 2013 10:58 PM

Al free? I think that of course this was a great news for many!

Posted by Jon | November 21, 2014 6:17 AM

This is so great, because I actually didn't had plans for that time of year, so I hope to get well at this the event.

Posted by Simone | November 21, 2014 6:56 AM