today in NYC
* ASSSSCAT 3000 @ UCB
* Alon Yavnai @ Barbes
* Kama Rupa @ The Stone
* Pharmakon @ The Stone
* Nicolas Jaar ("From Scratch") @ P.S. 1
* Lacrymosa, Sea of Bees @ Joe's Pub
* Sunday Night Live: Ed Vallance @ The Ace Hotel
* Narc, Alexander Trust, Jaja, Big Ups @ Cameo Gallery
* Fred Armisen (Fred Armisen's Playlist Live!) @ Union Pool
* Stephanie Wrembel presents The Django Experiment @ Barbes
* Permanent Wave presents Allison Weiss, Traveling, Swearin', Early Riser @ Big Snow Buffalo Lodge
Brooklyn Bowl is probalby a great place to watch the Superbowl (if you like football and don't mind lots of people).
Madonna, Nicki Minaj, and most interestingly, M.I.A. are performing during the Superbowl's Halftime show.
Fred Armisen, who like Bon Iver, performed on Saturday Night Live last night, and like St. Vincent, appeared on a new episode of Portlandia one night before that, plays his first residency show at Union Pool tonight.
Lana Del Rey was on SNL last night too.
Papermag shows us "Downton Abbey Stars On-Screen Vs. Off-Screen." The Guardian has an article about how they got the World War I trenches. A new (for the US) episode of Downton Abbey premieres tonight on PBS. A new commercial for Downton (or is it Downtown) Abbey on Spike TV premiered on Saturday Night Live last night. Watch that commercial below.
Dominick Fernow of Cold Cave (and other projects) curated Feb 1-15 at The Stone.
Be our friend on Facebook.
Follow @BrooklynVegan on Twitter.
Also follow @bvAustin for just Austin stuff.
SXSW is coming. Follow @bvSXSW on twitter too.
Downton Abbey commercial