Posted in music on February 7, 2012

MIA
MIA
MIA
MIA

"M.I.A. will end up paying any fines imposed on NBC as a result of her finger wag during the Super Bowl halftime show ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ.

Our sources say ... the NFL has indemnified NBC ... because the NFL is responsible for the halftime content.

But the NFL was smart, given the history of performers who wanted to do something shocking to get attention during the biggest TV event of the year. So we're told ... M.I.A. signed a contract with the NFL for the halftime performance, and in that contract M.I.A. agreed to indemnify the NFL for any money it might be forced to pay if the FCC comes down on the Peacock Network." [TMZ]

PREVIOUSLY: NBC & NFL apologize for M.I.A,'s "inappropriate gesture" during the Superbowl

This just in... M.I.A. worthless, talentless wife of music exec.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 9:45 AM

So edgy. Truffle fries and hummus is the new champagne wishes and caviar dreams. She probably chillin with Robin Leach right now!

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 9:48 AM

I hope she doesn't get sued. Not because I care about her, but because I don't want her typical fan girls to be all up in arms about how she's so rebellious and alt.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 9:52 AM

First of all she isn't the wife of a music exec she is the wife (or girlfriend as i don't think they ever got married) of a music exec's loser son who has taken daddys billions to play green energy pioneer w all of daddy's friends propping him up but hey, he gave his sister a job at the company. Second MIA is a complete hypocrate for trying to be confrontational at the most corporate, heavily sponsored event in the world...if you're so upset at the super bowl honey DON'T PLAY IT!!! That would be your best F you to the super bowl. Wow MIA is sooooo edgy. Hopefully this will help end her career that much quicker!

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 9:54 AM

OH MY GOD SHE PUT UP THE MIDDLE FINGER?

PLEASE STOP THIS THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

Posted by Marco | February 7, 2012 9:58 AM

"The most important artist of the aughts" lololololololnewyorkerlololol

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 10:07 AM

Regular Folks have never heard of her. And the current Hipsterati have abandoned her since she is so 2008. YAY!

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 10:08 AM

Part of me thinks the (over)reaction led by the PTC is fucking ridiculous & asinine. All that over a middle finger?! Jesus!

The other part of me thinks M.I.A. is a cocky, overrated douchebagette so I'm glad she's going to have to pay those hefty fines out of her own pocket. Idiot. It was in your contract to behave yourself. God forbid she conform for the biggest exposure of her career.

Posted by Matt | February 7, 2012 10:08 AM

you can't buy this kind of free press.

Madonna probably said, "good business decision!" after the show. Pop star personalities are businesses. Stop reporting on it.

Posted by Dan K | February 7, 2012 10:08 AM

Those idiotic tweets seem similar to the people who comment here: "I never never heard of this person so they must be irrelevant!"

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 10:10 AM

Dear 10:08:
"douchebagette" is one of the most brilliant thing i've read in a long while. Thanks for the belly laughs.

Posted by Unanymous | February 7, 2012 10:24 AM

"The Suburbs just won the Grammy. Who are they?"

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 10:24 AM

Liz Phair should be forced to pay the fine, since she inspired all the edgy female pop singers.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 10:45 AM

HHHAhahahahaha I hope this loser has to pay up and then continues to fall in obscurity.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 10:52 AM

I don't think her husbands family will have any problem covering the cost of fines. Easy to be "rebellious" when you have a fat wallet backing up that A$$(hole)..

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 11:12 AM

"Lookee here, I'm like this crazy revolutionary lady, and although I'm performing at the most mega-corporate event in history along side the most money-grubbing female singer of all time, I'm still like a badass 'cause I stuck up my middle finger. Right, guys?"

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 12:05 PM

"Bad Girls" is awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 12:34 PM

people will forget this superbowl, but they will never forget mia flipping the bird and sayin the s word.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 12:45 PM

never realized it takes only one finger to accurately promote yourself and new album.
well shit...

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 1:28 PM

How much does she have to pay for //\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\Y/\\/\/

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 1:33 PM

Whose twitters are those? Just random people? I'd bet a dollar they are all very aware who MIA is and are trying to be cool (by pretending not to know who she is?) I still enjoy 'galang' and I don't give a shit if MIA married a rich dude or did the coochie scoot during the halftime show, not like I have to hang out with her or anything.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 2:07 PM

This just in - I don't suffer brown M&Ms, but I'll eat that fine brown thing all night long. Yessir, all night long.

Posted by Diamond Dave | February 7, 2012 2:34 PM

dont aks twitter who mia is, aks vikkipedia. dumb amerikkkans.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 5:40 PM

here's hoping the fine is fucking immense!

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2012 9:38 PM

Thanks 3:49. I never knew MIA stole the name from the real MIA. Makes me like her even less then I did, if that was even possible.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2012 11:20 AM

Maybe she should go Missing In Action, amirite?

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2012 11:40 AM

349 the real MIA will never be found. ZING

really though, no one stole the name 'MIA' from anyone. it's like having your band name be 'POW' or 'KIA'

granted her name is maya arulpragasam or whatever so i guess she could be saying they are her initials.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2012 11:52 AM

all im saying is that shes a nightmare. the MIA im referring to however, fuckin kill it.

Posted by guy | February 9, 2012 1:02 PM