Posted in metal | music | tour dates on March 22, 2012

Death To All

Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner (May 13, 1967 - December 13, 2001) was an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist. Schuldiner was the singer, songwriter, and guitarist of the band Death, which he founded in 1983, initially under the name Mantas. He also recorded as guitarist and songwriter with his other band, Control Denied. Schuldiner is often referred to as "The Father of Death Metal" -[wiki]
Death To All is being billed as a "tribute" to Schuldiner, who passed away more than 10 years ago. The band, which will feature Paul Masvidal, Shannon Hamm, Bobby Koelble, Gene Hoglan, Sean Reinert,Steve DiGiorgio and Scott Clendenin among others, will play a string of six US dates to benefit (20% of all ticket sales/merch) the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund which aims is to provide "financial assistance to all types of career musicians who are struggling to make ends meet while facing illness, disability, or age-related problems."

The tour includes a NYC stop at Irving Plaza on June 28th. Ticketing info is forthcoming.

All tour dates and a teaser for "Death to All" below...

Death To All Tour 2012 - In Benefit of Sweet Relief

DEATH - Spirit Crusher

Death - Chuck Schuldiner Interview 11.91

Death - Crystal Mountain (Live in Eindhoven 1998)

DEATH TO ALL- 2012 TOUR DATES
June 22 - San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
June 23 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
June 26 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
June 28 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
June 30 - Orlando, FL @ The Beacham

How is this news? Drake just announced a tour.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 10:08 AM

DEATH, to soooome cities...WTF?

Orlando? Is that where Chuck was from or somthing?

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 10:17 AM

FAKE ASS NASUM

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 10:20 AM

Hail the immortal.

Let the metal flow!

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 10:24 AM

Is this the Death from Detroit or a different band?

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 11:32 AM

^ Different, yet more widely known.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 11:34 AM

Good for them, supporting a great cause.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 12:14 PM

Next they will be going on the Walt Disney memorial tour, followed by the Rutherford B. Hayes memorial tour.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 12:43 PM

^ You're a piece of fucking shit. Fuck you.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 1:09 PM

^ fucking moron

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 1:30 PM

Cancer is awful. One of the many gifts we have from that liar and deceiver satan. All you sausages should thank satan for these great gifts - evil, disease, cancer, Hitler, AIDS, famine, hatred, all of it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 1:33 PM

"Fuck me? No thanks. One of your closeted friends might take you up on that offer though."

clever. nor seriously, that really hurt my feelings.

after you're done making fun of terminal cancer patients and gay people, go do the world a favor and kill yourself, you fucking lowlife.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 1:53 PM

Dr. Mantas Tobogan

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 2:11 PM

@2:12 Hey Zimmerman, stop typing, you're running late to enforce neighborhood watch.

Saw Death twice on the Leprosy tour in tiny places in Philly. Unreal. Makes my wee wee all warm and fuzzy reminiscing about it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 2:24 PM

"Saw Death twice on the Leprosy tour in tiny places in Philly"

I just learned everything I will ever need to know about you, 2:24. Now, you have exactly 2 minutes 23 seconds to get that large cheese pie delivered to me before I get it for free, beyoch!

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 2:52 PM

"LULZ ..."nor seriously"?
Try harder, sausage. You can't fail forever. Given a long enough timeline probability's on your side."

Yeah, because I accidentally misspelled a word while typing, that somehow makes you less of an asshole. Your logic is flawless, shit-for-brains.

My offer for you to kill yourself still stands.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 2:55 PM

No worries, 2:55. 3:06 has AIDS anyway, a worse and more humiliating death than what Chuck unfortunately went through. Which, apparently 3:12 has misattributed to cancer since he forgot what Fred Phelps labeled him as again.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 4:09 PM

Despite the misspelling, 3:06, my syntax was perfect.

Also, fuck your mother.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 6:56 PM

^ sausage pussy fights are better than midget wrestling. it's like a couple of bitches in a slap fight.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 7:52 PM

It's comments like these that make me never want to read Brooklyn Vegan. I hope someone tracks some of these posters somehow one day and outs all those assholes. Fucking keyboard warriors.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 12:28 AM

^word, your god damn right, Pay some respect to the sausages on the front lines that won you the freedoms you enjoy today.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 1:38 AM

@6:56 PM LUUUUUUUUUUULZ "perfect".

You're right though. That is what your "father" says.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 3:20 AM

Ooooh! All this talk of sausage (I got your Bratwurst right here!) is making me rock hard. I can't wait until me and my comrades come to Williamsburg. We're going to have a contest to see how many hipster cuties we can ass-rape in a 24-hour period. Beware of the brown van with no windows (aka the "Gay Aryan Loveshack"). >:-)

Butch "Nicky" Craine
Gay Aryan Skinheads (G.A.S.H.) Worldwide.

Posted by Butch from Gay Aryan Skinheads (G.A.S.H.) Worldwide | March 23, 2012 5:17 AM

If you have a van then where's the fucking veggie pizza I ordered last night?

Oh, God killed Chuck soooooo hard.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 5:48 AM

Nothing "veggie" in the "Mobile Gay Aryan Loveshack" it's ALL MEAT baby!

Hmmm . . . G.A.S.H. Pizza . . . now that's an idea. We'll sell pizza to Williamsburg hipsters. They'll love our "Sustainable Special White Sauce" made from Gay Aryan Love juice and anal mucus from one of our hipster victims. The red sauce will be made with the rectal blood of some terrified ass-raped hipster we have chained in the basement (our "Dungeon"). Thanks for the ideas!

Butch "Nicky" Craine
Gay Aryan Skinheads (G.A.S.H.) Worldwide.

Posted by Butch from Gay Aryan Skinheads (G.A.S.H.) Worldwide | March 23, 2012 6:17 AM

^ unimaginative, mean spirited, unfunny, pedestrian. I give this post an "F". Dismissed.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 7:20 AM

Are Mavisdal and Reinart at all shows or just in Orlando?

Posted by oldchristine | March 23, 2012 12:29 PM

"unimaginative, mean spirited, unfunny, pedestrian. I give this post an "F". Dismissed."

You just described every hipster (as well as their music and art) from Silverlake to Williamsburg.

We're coming to Williamsburg and we're cuming in your hipster asses. You will be our ass slaves and there's nothing you can do.

SIEG HEIL!

Butch "Nicky" Craine
Gay Aryan Skinheads (G.A.S.H.) Worldwide.

Posted by Butch from Gay Aryan Skinheads (G.A.S.H.) Worldwide | March 23, 2012 1:46 PM

^ major meme fail. only a nine year old would be so douchey. if you are an actual adult, my sympathies - you have a hard life of frustration ahead of you.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 2:25 PM

I think Butch's actually expressing a genuine sentiment.

SAUSAGES WILL BE SAUSAGES.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 5:05 PM

butch is chucks angry ghost? lol, i get it. still waiting for that veggie pizza, by the way.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 6:10 PM

Arguments on the internet.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 6:48 PM

I've seen all the sausage zombie memorial tours, and zombie Chuck is by far the best. Death is authentic death metal. Literally.

Posted by Anonymous | March 23, 2012 6:56 PM

I remember talking to Chucks Mom and Dad one night in Florida a few years ago. They expressed unbridled joy when discussing Chucks passing away. They said, "Not only were we finally rid of that fucking piece of shit, we got a huge settlement from the insurance company! Win-win! Good fucking riddance!"

I just walked away.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2012 6:56 AM

^ you know, I am as amused by the knee-jerk defensiveness of the sausages as the next guy, but this comment is just wrong. To be a parent outliving your child, that is a tough road to hoe. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and personally find coarse joking about it reprehensible. So you don't like this band? That's fine, but don't drag the parents into it. Please, be funny but don't be a dick.

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2012 10:12 AM

Gay Aryan Skinheads (G.A.S.H.) Worldwide.

Posted by Souq | March 29, 2012 8:46 AM

"Are Mavisdal and Reinart at all shows or just in Orlando?"

I hope all of them.

LOL @ the trendies accusing metal fans of knee-jerking! isn't that exactly what you're doing right after they respond back to you as well. Maybe these hipsters should take a look in the mirror.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 9:22 AM

To all of u talking shit about death Fuck all of u chuck is a fucking god.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 12:34 PM

^ your god is dead you stupid bitch

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 1:27 PM

great

Posted by hernán | June 2, 2012 8:21 AM

I would like to see the show but cause I live in Argentina It is imposible, so lucky of you.in the other hand I hope some day USA has a free universal healh system like some third world countries have(and others first world too like canada,etc I guess) like the one I live in ,health is a right, not a price.
Good look,and have wonderful show
Herna

Posted by Hernán | June 2, 2012 8:32 AM

Hi everyone! I am Chuck's sister Beth. I wanted to stop by and thank all of you for your incredible support of Chuck and his music; his legacy. This tour is so very important for 2 reasons. 1st, the guys are paying tribute to their fallen band mate and friend. 2nd-Sweet Relief not only helped Chuck in what was the very worst time in his life, but also has and continues to help musicians through hard financial times while trying to survive their illnesses. Touring today is not what it used to be; their is virtually NO tour support from record labels, so the band members themselves come out of pocket with flights, transportation, hotels, food, etc., etc.,m etc. This tour is especially unique in that there no label supporting the tour financially. These guys, whom Chuck called friend, have selflessly offered their time to make this happen. Further, they have put themselves "out there" for a lot of unwarranted criticism.
Of course we ALL wish that Chuck could be there; truest me, no one more than his family. Let us all please try and support these guys and the cause; Chuck would.
True fans and friends of Chuck's would ALWAYS remember; "Support music, not rumors"
With Sincerest Regards,
Beth Schuldiner

Posted by Beth Schuldiner | June 5, 2012 9:13 AM

chunk is such a nice guy

Posted by jordon | August 4, 2013 2:39 PM