Posted in metal | music | tour dates on March 27, 2012

by BBG

Power Trip at Beerland (more by Greg Cristman)
Power Trip

Texas hardcore/crossover killers Power Trip have an absolutely unstoppable live show, and you can catch them in NYC at Acheron on May 15th when they team with Reign Supreme. The band is gearing up to hit the road Wednesday in celebration of their new 7" due via Lockin' Out Records. Stream that in full below, download it on Mediafire and order yours at the label site.

One of those Power Trip dates takes place at the sold-out United Blood Festival, which goes down this weekend in Richmond, VA (March 30th and 31st). The show will feature appearances from Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front (who will perform Live at CB's in its entirety), as well as younger names like Xibalba, Backtrack, Harms Way, Dead End Path, and veterans like RIngworm (who recently played our BV-BBG official showcase in TX).

All tour dates and that stream is below...

UNITED BLOOD FESTIVAL 2012

REIGN SUPREME - 2012 TOUR DATES
Apr 20 Palladium Worcester, MA
May 05 Heart Fest Gatineau, Canada
May 15 Acheron, Brooklyn, NY

Linsanity?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 2:06 PM

Knicks aren't going to make the playoffs.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 2:14 PM

No one gives a shit about any of this

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 2:25 PM

bros

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 2:30 PM

In certain parts of Asian, if you said no no one gives a shit about Linsanity, you'd be killed and your limp, bloodied corpse would paraded around town in a wheelbarrow.

Lesser punishment is likely (though I can't confirm) if someone heard and reported you for saying the Knicks aren't going to make the playoffs.

LINSANITY LIVES

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 2:37 PM

Knicks suck

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 3:33 PM

STAT's bulging disk > sausage rock

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 3:45 PM

Hi, we're Power Trip, a band from Texas barely anyone gave a fuck about for years until we signed with Lockin' Out Records the most overrated hardcore record label in hardcore history whose founder and followers care more about merch than music.
Expect at least 5-10 t-shirt designs by this band from hereonin, 5-10X the number of releases they'll put out on "The LOC".

United Blood is so played out. At least they finally booked the band whose first record the fest is named after LOL.

Posted by D | March 27, 2012 3:53 PM

Hey D, you're a faggot!

Posted by B | March 27, 2012 3:56 PM

Do you realize Power Trip has played multiple national festivals, been on several tours, was featured on a popular compilation, and released a 7" and Demo on two different labels?

Posted by X | March 27, 2012 4:00 PM

Who gives a shit about any of this shit? Merch, your stupid life, your label, tour stops at the back of a deli (apparently). Irrelevant in the world of Linsanity.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:08 PM

LOL @ people creating usernames which are variatons of my username. First it was C, now it's B and X. My goal is for everyone to reply to me as all 26 letters of the alphabet except mine :) and one person has already impersonated me.

3:56pm It takes one to know one. Shouldn't you be jocking PT on The B9 and buying their newest tee limited to 10 you'll flip on eBay within a year?

4:00pm Yes, I know what they've done. My point which you obviously missed is this band is getting more publicity than they ever did and it's because they're now on Lockin' Out Records and that's because way too many people dickride that label which again is more about merch than music, swag than substance. When I wrote "barely anyone gave a fuck about" Power Trip, it was targeted at the Lockin' Out dickriders who jock them cuz (PT) is on "The LOC" now, and these asshats didn't and wouldn't give PT the time of day before PT "signed". And you better believe a band loses favor/popularity with these dicks when it's known they're no longer putting out records on the label. Too bad you're too dense to get it.

Posted by D | March 27, 2012 4:17 PM

^
Didn't read. No one cares.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:19 PM

D, for the last time, please restock the paper towels in isle 5. We're not paying you to dick around on the internet typing nonsense about sausage rock.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:20 PM

4:19pm You read it, you care. But you can pretend to not care if it makes you feel better. This isn't "The B9" and there are no self-important mods on a powertrip (pun intended) who get off on banning users to ban me, so come back with something better than that, or better yet, go back to The B9 and cry on it, "faggot".

4:20pm LOL esp. at the time you posted it.

Posted by D | March 27, 2012 4:27 PM

D, you're 39 years old. You're too old to be worried about what sausage rockers are up to.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:29 PM

Why do you insist that I'm 39 when I'm not and so what if I was? Get some new material.

Posted by D | March 27, 2012 4:35 PM

What the hell is this middle aged sausage ranting about?

Posted by C | March 27, 2012 4:36 PM

It's funny to watch someone's anger progress over their shitty band via words posted in a comments section. Your band sucks. You are going nowhere. No one gives a shit about any of this crap except the 3 people in the picture.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:37 PM

This guy's writing essays that no one's reading.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:41 PM

Every time D posts he wastes $38

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:47 PM

4:36pm Thirtysomething is not "middle-aged" dipshit. 'Still fantasizing about sausage I see.

4:41pm You're back again huh 4:19pm? Keep reading LOL. Bigger LOL that y'all are on my nuts so much 1-3 people have posted as B, C, and X in response to me posting as D (what I always post as.)

Posted by D | March 27, 2012 4:47 PM

4:47pm Nah actually I still make the $38 for the hour, unlike you who makes nada/zero/nothing cuz you're obsessed with me and some higher force if not God knows what else.

Posted by D | March 27, 2012 4:57 PM

D, for a guy who is 39 years old, you're very immature.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 4:58 PM

Almost everything posted in the comments section about the band is inaccurate/flat-out wrong

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 5:08 PM

If I was making $38/hour, I'd kill myself.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 5:15 PM

...especially at age 39.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 5:15 PM

Both 5:15pms - Hey same no-life obsessed with my life fuckstick going on and on and on and on about my hourly salary like a broken record: $38/hr. with full benefits is a great salary. 'Sorry I'm not a faggot like you who has the parents pay for everything and I guess is making $50-100/hr. You're such a moneymaker. And I'm not 39 which you seem to have a weird fixation on.

Posted by D | March 27, 2012 5:29 PM

^How may people post on here? How many's finances do we know about? Just you and 70k guy D. We know you make $38hr because you told us trying to brag about it. And not only are you a total blowhard, you like to take swings at the air, arguing with a bunch of people (who you assume is just one person) and making up details about their lives that you have no idea about, because frankly, you are one of the few people ever to post here who is dumb enough to go into a bunch of personal details about your life. You really are an immature retard.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 5:37 PM

Check for us in the St. Vitus men's room.

Posted by D's nutz | March 27, 2012 5:41 PM

I also like that D thinks everyone in NYC works for an hourly rate. Stupid sausges.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 5:44 PM

lol wut?

Posted by Mark | March 27, 2012 6:20 PM

does anyone know where i can get a pt shirt with the loc on it?

Posted by swagmaster | March 27, 2012 6:55 PM

power trip rips. kill yourselves.

Posted by you are all faggots | March 27, 2012 10:14 PM

D, is it depressing being 39 and still posting comments on brooklyn vegan?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2012 10:40 PM

which lockin' out band fucked your wife?

Posted by swagmaster2 | March 28, 2012 1:06 AM

Let D smoke cock!

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2012 1:25 AM

Well i love a good sausage party! Parteeee

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2012 2:19 PM

5:37pm Hey dickhead I am the only poster on here who puts a name to what he says. 'Don't like what I write? Don't read it or respond. You really are a no-life fuckface who is on my nuts and need to get off them. If anyone is making up "details" of my life, it's all of you.

10:40pm How does it feel to have no life considering you're addressing someone who you are convinced is 39 when he is not, like it matters, and is such a no-life?

1:06am Oh please.

Posted by D | March 29, 2012 3:21 AM

Ha ha, ha ha ha.

I got some of the B9ers' panties in a bunch over what I wrote here:

I'm hardly a "B9 reject". Kinda hard to be rejected by a board I never joined or will join. Cry about it some more in your thread about nothing.

Lockin' Out is overrated. How could a label be great when the best band on it was the one with the founder of the label and the best release on the label was the first one by this band and first release on the label? The entire foundation of this label is based on Mental. Take away them and it's like removing a card at the bottom of a card house. The house goes POOF! This label went POOF! a long time ago when it became a merch mart.

Posted by D | March 29, 2012 10:09 PM

Oh yeah, where did I "shit-talk" Power Trip or Lockin' Out Records?

All I said was Power Trip will feed into the LOC dickrider crowd's relentless pursuit of merch to own or flip depending on the item and these people only care about them now cuz they're on "The LOC". Truth hurts. I struck a nerve. You people can't deal with being called out.

Lockin' Out Records could be a real force in hardcore but chooses to be an irrelevant clique and merch mart enabler.

Posted by D | March 29, 2012 10:21 PM

From B9er / king idiot of this thread "killedbyschool" - my response in CAPS:

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 10:29PM - Last edited: Thu Mar 29, 10:30PM
Post subject:
Quote Post
Also, I never thought lockin out bands had more merch than music.

WELL THEY DO. 32 RELEASES (INCLUDING UNITED YOUTH AND POWER TRIP 7"S) TO AT LEAST TWICE THAT IN MERCH ITEMS FROM ALL THE BANDS.

In fact, I thought it was exactly the rarity of shirts that Lockin Out releases for bands that make the shirts so sought after.

ARTIFICIAL RARITY. ANYTHING IS RARE WHEN YOU MAKE 10 OF IT, SELL ALL 10, AND X AMOUNT MORE PEOPLE WANT IT. SEE YOUTH ATTACK RECORDS AN EVEN WORSE CULPRIT THAN LOCKIN' OUT.

Stop and Think had like 10 songs and maybe 5 different shirts.

THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT. ONE RELEASE, 5X THE AMOUNT OF TEES.

Cold World has a ton of shirts, but that's their prerogative; they don't have very many shirts with the LOC on it anyway (they also have put out a ton of music).

THEY'RE A LOC BAND AND CULPRIT #2 AFTER MENTAL IN THE MERCH MART MENTALITY. YOU HAVE TO INCLUDE THEM. ANYONE WHO PUT OUT A RECORD ON THE LABEL IS A LOC BAND, EVEN TERROR.

Mental never had that many shirt designs and have released a ton of music.

HUH??? LOL. MENTAL HAD AT LEAST A DOZEN TEE DESIGNS. RELEASED A TON OF MUSIC? A DEMO, A 7", AN LP, AND A STUDIO/LIVE 7". NICE OUTPUT, BUT HARDLY A TON. TWO ALBUMS WORTH OF MUSIC IN 5-6 YEARS.

I can't think of a single lockin out band with a disproportionate amount of merch to music.

I CAN: MENTAL, COLD WORLD, THE WRONG SIDE, STOP AND THINK, NEW LOWS, FREE SPIRIT, RIVAL MOB. YOU YOURSELF SAID STOP AND THINK HAVE ONLY 10 SONGS AND 5 TEE DESIGNS YOU DUMB TRUCK. ARE YOU THIS STUPID IN REAL LIFE?

Come to think of it, I can't think of a label as singularly devoted to putting out high quality music over merch.

YOU ARE SERIOUSLY CLUELESS. EVER HEARD OF REVELATION RECORDS, NUMBNUTS?

Sure Lockin Out merch is highly sought after, but that's not because Lockin Out keeps flooding the market with it.

HUH? GREG & CO. HAVE BEEN PUMPING OUT MERCH IN SHORT RUNS TO ARTIFICIALLY INFLATE THEIR WORTH FOR YEARS.

Exactly to the contrary, in fact. That fuckin ese couldn't have it more twisted. Bitter mother fucker.

BITTER? TRY TELLING IT LIKE IT IS, MOTHERFUCKER. AND TRY SPACING THE WORD THAT'S BEING FILTERED AS "ESE" SO I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE CALLING ME EXACTLY, SHIT LOOKS ALMOST AS STUPID AS YOU.

Posted by D | March 29, 2012 10:49 PM

'Know how wack these LOC dickriders are? They're talking about PICKLES now. That's right, pickles. And why are they talking about pickles? Cuz some dude who's part of the LOC is selling them. At least they're talking about food which is actually useful to life LOL.

Like I said, LOC dickriders.

Posted by D | March 29, 2012 10:55 PM

Sausage can still beat hummus any day of the week (or weak).

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 11:33 PM

I'm going to hunt D down and beat the everloving shit out of him.

Posted by X | March 29, 2012 11:35 PM

Albeit this D fellow isn't very eloquent and comes off as quite an asshole in his approach to this situation, I agree with the gist of what he is trying to convey.

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 2:36 AM

Let D Smoke!

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 7:53 AM

11:35pm You and what army motherfucker?

2:36pm Suck a dick, patronizing bitch.

Posted by D | March 31, 2012 9:48 PM

Thanks to everybody who came out and had fun. Show sold out in 4 days and Power Trip had one of the best sets. Maybe the popularity is deserved.

Collin
Co-creator

Posted by Collin | April 1, 2012 2:01 AM

Was there any merch there? If so, D's gonna be PISSED.

Posted by Anonymous | April 1, 2012 5:59 PM

Perfectly composed content material , Really enjoyed reading .

Posted by jocuri | September 3, 2012 3:45 AM