Posted in metal | music | pictures | tour dates on March 29, 2012

photos by Samantha Marble, words by BBG

Primitive Weapons @ Saint Vitus
Primitive Weapons

Pygmy Lush, whose Old Friends album was a 2011 favorite, will join Young Widows on a string of dates that will include the band's stop at Saint Vitus on April 23rd with Primitive Weapons. Tickets are on sale. All April dates are listed below.

Primitive Weapons just returned from a string of dates with Ringworm and Cancer Bats that included a stint at SXSW (where Ringworm played our official showcase at Scoot Inn). Primitive Weapons played a homecoming/record release show at Saint Vitus on March 24th. Some pictures (though none of the support) are in this post. More below...

Primitive Weapons @ Saint Vitus...

Primitive Weapons

4/15- Grand Rapids, MI @ DAAC - w/ Shores
4/20- Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place - w/ Young Widows
4/21- Ithaca, NY @ Community School - w/ Young Widows
4/22- Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie - w/ Young Widows
4/23- Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus Bar - w/ Young Widows
5/10- Baltimore, MD @ Golden West - w/ Screaming Females
5/11- Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian/Side Chapel (SOLD OUT)
5/13- Easthampton, MA @ Flywheel - w/ Ampere, Des Ark, Daniel Striped Tiger & more...
6/3- Austin, TX @ Chaos in Tejas - w/ Moss Icon, Ceremony, Thou, Iceage & more

Linsanity wants nothing to do with this crap.

LINSANITY LIVES.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 3:55 PM

Linsanity is not down with sausage rock. Enough BBG, we have the Hawks to worry about.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 3:56 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 3:57 PM

Primitive weapons rule.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 4:10 PM

i was gonna say something about the homoerotic implications of that but 3:57 beat me

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 4:12 PM

this band is the embodiment of the phrase "it's all who you know"

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 4:23 PM

I bet the guy in the audience in the lead pic is D

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 5:22 PM

Primitive Weapons are great. 4:23 sounds like someone bitter whose band sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2012 7:02 PM

* SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING BUTTS * HOT SWEATY MEN YUM * DAMN I GOTTA DELIVER THIS PIZZA * LITTLE POLAND SPRING BOTTLES * SAUSAGE SAUSAGE, TOUCHING FRONTS * LOOKIT HIS PACKAGE YUM * DAMN I GOTTA MOVE OUT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE * $38/HR IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A SINGLE GUY WITH NO KIDS *

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 7:51 AM

The guy in the glasses (middle right) is both furiously and furtively masturbating.

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 7:59 AM

7:51 I think that is the mother of all sausage troll posts
FTW!

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 8:07 AM

8:07: Don't you know that flamboyantly gay Liberace-esque people always give a big send-off before succumbing to A I D S in the hospice?

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 11:30 AM

11:30 sorry to hear about your condition. Please post the hospice so we can send flowers. I guess it's a little late now, but maybe you shouldn't have spent so much time at the business side of the St Vitus glory hole, huh?

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 11:47 AM

^ lol apparently not

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 11:59 AM

8:07(aka 11:47): I was actually referring to 7:51 (I forgot to indicate that), but since YOU feel affected I just found out a symptom of AIDS is deflecting it off you. It's ok, I hear Rock Hudson blamed Burt Reynolds too. How are your lesions?

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 12:17 PM

Where have all the vegans gone?

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 12:22 PM

I am 11:47, and that was my first post on this thread, you silly sausage. But that's OK, since dementia is a side effect of the AIDS that you have. You poor thing, babbling incoherently. I do hope that the remainder of your time here is peaceful, before the fiery hell that awaits all who embrace evil.

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 12:23 PM

I hear you 7:51, I wish Pitchfork had a comments section too so we could talk about how awesome the new Morrisey record is.

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 12:45 PM

You have AIDS.
No, YOU have AIDS.
No, you have AIDS.
Was it a half-day from school today?

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 1:01 PM

1:01 - there is one sausage poster who is obsessed with AIDS. Every post he makes he references AIDS, it's almost like he just learned the word (or maybe the doctor just told him of his condition? who knows). Anyway, hit a sausage post and you are 70/30 likely to see an AIDS reference thanks to this clown. I wouldn't be surprised if he is posting both sides of this "internet argument" just so he can write AIDS over and over again. It is almost Tourettic.

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 1:13 PM

Hey BBG, The commenters aren't getting any funnier, but the stories are still good for those of us who like loud music. Thanks for keeping it going.

Posted by i guess i'm a sausage, but i haven't been to a show in years | March 30, 2012 1:18 PM

^ I'm fairly certain that anyone accusing someone else of having AIDS is probably not going for a laugh. I'd bet that person is just plain being mean.

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2012 1:23 PM