Posted in metal | music | tour dates on March 21, 2012

by BBG

Rorschach at The Charleston (more by Ryan Muir)
Rorschach

Rorschach is scheduled to play Maryland Deathfest this year, so it doesnt come as too much of a surprise that the legendary band will ALSO return to NYC for a show right around that timeframe! Rorschach play Le Poisson Rouge on May 26th (during MDF) with support still TBD. Tickets are $12 in advance/$13 at the door, and are on sale.

Rorschach joins names like Autopsy, Church of Misery/Rwake, Negura Bunget, Nasum, Ulcerate, and Ghoul who have all added NYC dates in addition to their MD festival appearance. More will surely come.

Rorschach's last NYC venture was in 2009 when they played a pair of NYC shows including The Charleston (pictures) and Santos (pictures). We interviewed Charles Maggio around the same time. Check out some video from their 2009 appearances below..

Rorschach | NYC @ Santos | 25 Sep 2009

Rorschach | NYC @ Charleston | 25 Sep 2009

Mmmmm....sausage

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 2:22 PM

Mmmm retard

Posted by J | March 21, 2012 3:00 PM

Sasauge faggot bitch cunt pussy aRUTHSDG+HSDGHESTP(WEH T_WCMWP(MWC$

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 3:29 PM

When you look at this inkblot what kind of sausage do you see?

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 3:32 PM

Pretty sick video!

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 3:37 PM

That picture is nasty. Do not want.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 3:43 PM

Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 4:19 PM

3:32: Dan Deacon.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 4:34 PM

total douchefest!

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 4:51 PM

Yea 451 jeff mangum is so much better

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 5:04 PM

'Saw Rorschach at Santos. Don't waste your money. They're too too slick and technical now and they don't translate well in big rooms like Santos and LPR.

Rorschach is a classic example of a band whose members got so good at their instruments over the years they lost the raw energy they had when they weren't as good.

Look at Suicidal Tendencies. They are at the top of their game as musicians but are a shadow of their through 1995 existence.

Posted by D | March 21, 2012 6:14 PM

Maybe you saw a different show 'cause I was also at the Santos show and they killed it.
Or it could be that you're a f **king idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 9:18 PM

9:18pm suck a dick you little newjack bitch with a real tough mouth behind a computer.

Posted by D | March 21, 2012 10:06 PM

BTW I was at the same show and unlike you saw them the first time around, so I think I know what I'm talking about, fuckface.

Just cuz a band plays their music flawlessly (as Rorschach did at Santos) doesn't make them as powerful as they were the first time around, so if anyone's the fuckng idiot it's you, fucking pussy who posts the word "fucking" like "f**cking".

Posted by D | March 21, 2012 10:11 PM

^^ typical sausage rock discourse

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 10:47 PM

Dude D makes like $30hr. He's got it all figured out.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2012 11:05 PM

woah D, settle down. google sme pics of KBK's big luscious pale tits and relaaax

that KBK is one hot redheaded slut. she still taking it hard from the guy in Hot Chip?

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 12:18 AM

Rorschach was great at Santos!

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 9:18 AM

11:05pm

What planet are you on to think $30 an hour isn't alot of money for most people?
I mean I know it's not alot for a faggot like you who I guess is a doctor or lawyer, runs or helps run his daddy's business, or daddy handed it to him, is some super IT nerd who can charge $50 or more per, or works in some entertainment job where money is like water. Or maybe you didn't use a rubber and impregnated your fellow transplant girl twice so your $X/hr. ain't taking you too far and of course it wouldn't since you still do drugs, smoke like a chimney, and drink at bars as well as have a family to support. Oh, and try I make $38 per hour plus full benefits, bitch. Without a wife, child, house, or even car to pay for, and with $750/mo. rent (uh oh, I'm neither married or with children and I don't have a house or a car so there must be something wrong with me oooooh no LOL.)

Posted by D | March 22, 2012 1:06 PM

12:18am

I like my own girl's tits right in front of me, in my hands, often times scrunched together into a chest ass I fuck and create a pearl necklace from, but thanks :)

Who's KBK?

Posted by D | March 22, 2012 1:12 PM

BTW I like Rorschach, just not in 2009 or 2012, but I don't dislike or hate them either. If some people still insist I have some problem with them (which I don't), ok, they were/are a very good early Die Kruezen-Voi Vod ripoff (leaning towards DK) and I doubt those guys would take that as an insult as those bands were great. Go listen to the first albums by those two then Rorschach and you'll see I know my shit. Oh yeah, I wouldn't pay to see DK or VV in 2012 either (Die Kruezen without Egeness is not Die Kruezen, Voi Vod without Piggy is not Voi Vod, sorry.)

Posted by D | March 22, 2012 1:33 PM

"typical sausage rock discourse"

Lucky for you, it turns out Bradford Cox has a strap-on (get it?) these days. Huzzah!

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 4:10 PM

The legendary D, ladies and gentleman.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2012 4:39 PM

Hahahaha thanks 4:39pm, I think LOL.

Seriously, Rorschach was great but that's just it. WAS. End it. Do something new. You have the talent to, key is do you have the fire? There's alot to speak and be pissed about. Or you gonna pander to the geezers and missed the boat-men with Checkmate?

Posted by D | March 22, 2012 5:25 PM