Posted in To Do | music | tour dates on April 2, 2012

Friends

Friends just opened for Metronomy at Irving Plaza and are about to head out on a tour with Neon Indian starting in Philly on Tuesday (dates below), but first you can see them for free in Chinatown in NYC tonight/Monday (4/2). Details at the Le Baron event's Facebook page (which you need to "Join" to go).

Friends -- 2012 Tour Dates
Sun 04/15/12 Soho Restaurant & Music Club Santa Barbara CA Tune-Yards
Mon 04/16/12 Constellation Room Santa Ana CA *
Tue 04/17/12 Echoplex Los Angeles CA * , Housse De Racket
* w/ Neon Indian

soo much hype it hurts

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:08 AM

This is the worst band. These guys are so much worst live than on the record, and with a piss poor derivative record that tells you something. I would not be suprised to find out they didn't play a note of it a la Mili Vanilli.

I met a few of them at Irving Plaza at that Metronomy show and we have mutual friends. Talk about stupid richgrl spoiled brats and follow the trend dudes. They are only given attention due to the two "hotties" and the guy being in Real Estate and pulling as many favors as possible. The brunette is as dumb as a post and looks like a cocaine vaccum. The frumpy blonde is just an arrogant mess, and it's pretty obv from talking to her and our mutual friends she is just a 1%er from Connecticut on Daddy's Support BK program.

With thousands of great New York City bands out there, it is sad to see rich kids from the suburbs use their parents money and milk connections and get a tour like this. Anyone who likes this band is completely stupid and should just stop writing about music now. No one in the audience liked it, and your pay_0h_la and pulling favors is blatantly obvious. Its stuff like this, style over substance, "elite helping elite" that makes the rest of the city look band.

These guys are 2012's Milli Vanili -- mark my words.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:11 AM

I just Googled them, 5:11. Man you are so right. Their music is crap. Their best song is a really bad cover of Ghost Town DJ's "My Boo". If your best song is a cover (and you do a version that isn't close to better than the original), you really have some work to do....

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:29 AM

5:11, it particularly makes the Brooklyn music scene look bad. We've had a few good things coming out of Brooklyn for the past few years, and I'd hate to see it get spoiled when half-baked bands with money/connections push their way through.
I can see the conversation..
"What is this shit?"
"It's some shitty hipster band from Williamsburg"
"Figures".

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 6:06 AM

6:06 thats already happened to williamsburg nationally though. since every band at swsx is "from Williamsburg by way of ____" --I would hate for a lot of the awesome, real, actual musicians in BK who can write, play, and actually care about music instead of "being cool" or "famous" to get marginalized nationally because of some fake azzrich girl who admitted in an interview last year to not actually writing anything and only wanting to be in a band to be cool, and a jim belushi scumbag who'd sell his own mother to get a show.

Hipster Runoff is onto these guys and telling the 100% truth about them-hopefully he can LDR them before they "get big" with the idiots- hopefully it will destroy their "careers" and they can go get office jobs and be "the cool guy in the office who used to be in a band" -- or martinis in the Hamptons with Mom.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 7:23 AM

Maybe they can all take that rope and hang themselves with it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 8:15 AM

5:11 thru 7:23 was one guy having a conversation with himself.

Posted by CJ | April 2, 2012 9:05 AM

yo. What's up with drummers who don't know about pedals?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:06 AM

Hype only lasts so long

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:06 AM

"some fake azzrich girl who admitted in an interview last year to not actually writing anything and only wanting to be in a band to be cool"

would love to read that interview. link?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:43 AM

@5:11 - that's not the dude from real estate.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:58 AM

this cover: proof that photo shoots are GAY AS FUCK

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:14 AM

@9:58 They look like the same to me. If they're different dudes, they should cage fight on Bedford for the ownership of the In Living Color Cast Member Hat.

Hey CJ, I know your a Friends megafan and want to defend them but shit I only posted once.

Posted by 5:11 | April 2, 2012 10:15 AM

You know, I vowed never to read comments on BV anymore because the snark has just reached epic proportions. But I had to check the comments on this story because I worked with this band the other night and I thought they were just amazingly terrible, and to boot a terrible Williamsburg band cliche.

So I'm actually quite proud of the commenters here being all over this band. Good job, BV commenters.

Posted by panopticon | April 2, 2012 10:15 AM

I'm really pulling for Rachel and Ross. Those kooky kids should be happy together.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:29 AM

Thing about this band is that with all the hype and subsequent shows they are actually getting worse and worse! The girl has that annoying Santogold chipmunk yelp instead of a singing voice and the fat dude with the day glow hat is just wrong...couldn't figure out what he did or why he was in the band the other night during their set at Irving...I hate to admit the BV commenters are right on on this band but hey...they are!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:39 AM

The fat guy looks like Artie Lange.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:43 AM

This band is complete garbage wtf

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:52 AM

The Fly has really gone downhill lately. it seems like theyll put almost anyone on the cover these days.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:06 AM

you guys are haters....major label A&R men are SWOONING....

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:21 AM

I guess that they do other songs now, beside the theme song "I'll Be There For You"?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:44 AM

oh wow, major label A&R men are swooning. that means they must be a really great band.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:47 AM

Wow, seems like we are all in accordance for once. Good job all.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:48 AM

11:47 - you beat me to it. I wonder if 11:21 realizes just how crazy ignorant his comment sounds.

Posted by | April 2, 2012 11:49 AM

11:21 here, some member of the band, or crazy fan, wrote in on one of the other comments threads that major labels were "swooning". Still makes me laugh.

Don't get me wrong, as everyone else here has sad, Friends truly suck. It's not even BV comment section snark, they really can't play. Why does it feel like outside forces are conspiring to make these retards popular?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:57 AM

Don't know how they keep managing to get these great opening slots. I went to Metronomy late with the sole intention of missing Friends and was pissed when to discover they were still playing as of 10pm. The singer's wannabe Gwen Stefani yelp is so fucking grating it's unbearable.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:57 AM

Is that Scott Weiland on the left? Must be back on the smack to hook up with these clowns

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:58 AM

looks like zombie Michael Hutchence in the middle

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:01 PM

Major label A&R guys swooned over Ini Kamoze once, too. And that was AFTER he already had his one hit. Remember him? Of course not.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:02 PM

So no-one told you
Life was gonna be this way
Your jobs a joke
You're broke
Your love life's DOA

It's like you're always stuck in second gear
And when it hasn't been your day
Your week
Your month
Or even your year, but

I'll be there for you
When the rain starts to fall
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before
I'll be there for you
Cos you're there for me too

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:02 PM

do you think at the end of every band practice they discuss new ways to dress like dickheads?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:12 PM

I'm pretty sure that's what they spend 99.9% of their time doing, 12:12. They certainly aren't spending it learning how to play their instruments.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:13 PM

well when you're as cool as they are, you don't have to practice.

Not surprised this band hits the comments to retaliate. "swooning" LOL more like "paying"

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:16 PM

Friends suck. It's something we all can agree on.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:26 PM

^ I agree. Please pass the hummus, kind sir!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:29 PM

Wow! and one of the supposed selling points to this band is that the singer is hot!!! On what planet would this be considered hot??

Posted by Anon | April 2, 2012 12:31 PM

^ gawd, it sounds like bad karaoke

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:38 PM

Wow, thanks, 12:31! Now I'll never be able to get it up again.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:41 PM

She is not terrible looking but she has a fat ass (I don't mean that as a compliment). The music is terrible. Like seriously they can't play.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:45 PM

Is it me or is there some right-inner-thigh hootchy-tat action with said un-hot lead singer?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:46 PM

I wonder if the blacks like the Friends?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:47 PM

I'm gonna have to blame the internet for this one.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:51 PM

Saw them with Metronomy thurs, figuring it couldn't possibly be as bad as I'd read...

They really are terrible though, and there's not much more to say about it. Just half-baked, not-ready, awkward mediocrity and bullshit detached posturing.

I don't even know what it's supposed to be...
there are suggestions of funk, but everyone on stage looks half-dead.

Totally manufactured hype.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 12:59 PM

I've seen Friends get some attention on other non-music blogs I read like Gawker and Free Williamsburg and each time I've thrown up in my mouth a little bit. Leave music blogging to the "professionals" with somewhat discerning taste, please!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 1:03 PM

You people are so fucking stupid. While I am not going to sit here and tell you this band is great cause they are not. Seen em twice live now and did not think much of it. Agreed with 12:59, they are trying too hard to ape that minimal funk 80's thing a little too much. Although Friend Crush is an undeniably good song and I do like the old school look of the I'm His Girl video.

The jackass who linked to that YouTube video shows Samantha not at her best.She is actually a pretty hot girl and I would not mind at all slamming that phat ass of hers a few times. Plus she fucks women too so you know you can get good and dirty with her.

The real joke here is you idiots blasting this group actually created this group. It is hilarious to watch the shitty Brooklyn hipster transplant scene turn on itself. Most of you are fucking posers. I mean the videos are all shot inside or next to Market Hotel with some of Tood P's interns in them as well as that moron Hamilton from Vice or Gawker wherever he "works"
"Hipster Runoff is exposing these guys" LOL, that's rich. One stupid piece of shit going after another.

Bottom line is despite you liking this or not, they are blowing the fuck up and they are going to be big for however long who knows. Suck it up though cause you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 1:36 PM

^ April Fool's to you, too!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 1:40 PM

Hot? Sorry, Not!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Is there anyone out there who thinks Friends are actually a good band? Like someone who thinks they are seriously talented players? If so, speak up.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 1:42 PM

"You people are so fucking stupid."

"Seen em twice live now..."

"Suck it up though cause you have no one to blame but yourselves."

Friends still suck though.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 1:58 PM

I watched that YouTube clip. I honestly feel embarrassed for them. More for the band for even the old guy in white. Yup, Union Square, still full of circus freaks.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:17 PM

"1:36 has a really unattractive combination reactionary anger and complete cognitive dissonance."

Wow, look, a comment from a hipster with a 2 bit shitty education pulling quotes out of context and trying to sound like they know anything. Go Figure.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:17 PM

This one is even more cringe-worthy, if that's even possible ~~

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:19 PM

Again, the creature eats itself from the inside. Pathetic really but who has the last laugh?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:19 PM

2:17 I have no one to blame but myself? You really have some screwball logic. I've never given Friends 1 cent. Why should I blame myself? Seems more logical to blame the guy who saw them twice.

Anyone who uses the word 'hipster'on BV is a complete moron.

Friends still suck though.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:33 PM

I am 2:17 and you assume a lot dickhead. Seen them twice means i paid to see them? You mean it could not be at a free show they did or say being the opening act of another band? Oops, i guess I am not the one with the screwball logic.

And while your utter lack of smarts makes me hesitant in asking I just have to wonder about your last comment. Please explain why using the word hipster on BV is moronic? This should be good.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:46 PM

2:17/2:46 is the old guy in white in those vids
LULZ

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:54 PM

I'm sure Friends and their management are wringing their hands about what the Brooklyn Vegan comment dork crew thinks of the band.

You guys are important, and your opinions are taken very very seriously. Pat yourselves on the back for really sinking this band's career, guys. You're so influential, and smart!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 2:58 PM

^ wow, someone missed nap time today!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:01 PM

2:46 has anyone made a positive comment about Friends in this thread? Anyone? No, yet you come in all blowharding about "you have no one to blame but yourselves", and "hipster" blah, blah, blah. Yet you have seen them twice and are commenting about it on BV. Oh, those other hipsters? The ones doing the exact same as thing as you that you don't like? 1:58 nailed it. The concept of cognitive dissonance really is apropo.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:03 PM

I don't have any puns. I don't have anything funny or really REALLY mean to say. I'm just so blown away.
This might be the worst band I have ever heard in my entire life.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:03 PM

clearly this thread represents the consensus cohesive feelings of the community at large.

that must be why Friends' are being asked to play so few shows and you never see them play packed rooms or appear on the covers of magazines. Clearly, EVERYBODY HATES THEM.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:09 PM

2:58 Friends has management? Lulz. What asshole is managing Friends? You can't polish a turd bro....

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:10 PM

3:09 it's because of their sweet management team. They're going to spend spend spend until we all swoon.

That's the plan at least :(

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:11 PM

Hey assholes, instead of trying to manipulate the media, have you ever considered even for a minute, that it might be way easier/cooler to learn how to actually play and sing?

This band makes Lana Del Rey look like Ian Mackaye.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:14 PM

yes, 3:11. Friends' management is just buying Friends' way onto shows. This makes perfect sense if you are an intelligent, informed person who has knowledge of how the world and the music industry works. Why wouldn't they just spend piles of money on a relatively unknown band that isn't producing money for them yet, and that "everyone hates"? There are lines of music industry investors just waiting to finance such an endeavor, to make Friends famous no matter the cost.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:18 PM

3:03 actually if you had even one iota of a brain and any trace of cognitive reasoning(a word you throw around and im sure have no concept of) you would grasp what i was saying.Instead of completely getting it wrong.

Let me break it down for you much simpler my dumb friend. I never said i liked them. In fact i said i saw them twice and was not impressed. Never said i paid to see them which i never have but at least i can make an informed decision. What i was trying to say is this band, that you all label the worst fake hipster trash imaginable, is the product of the environment you created. It is the monster born out of this waste scene and now it is funny watching the "scene" turn on it's own creation when you have no one to blame but yourselves. The chickens coming home to roost basically

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:22 PM

continued-

Furthermore you again make assumptions you have no clue about. You call me a hipster or one of you yet you should probably gather from what i wrote that I am in fact not. You do know that there are people who comment on this blog who do not even live in NYC, right? Sometimes they even visit or come for business and hangout and see shows. And you do know that there are people in this city who were raised here their whole lives, right?

The only thing that you and your buddy 1:58 nailed is how dumb some people really are.

Oh and 2:58 and 3:18 said it as well perfectly.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:23 PM

"Friends' management is just buying Friends' way onto shows. This makes perfect sense if you are an intelligent, informed person who has knowledge of how the world and the music industry works. Why wouldn't they just spend piles of money on a relatively unknown band that isn't producing money for them yet..."

dumb kids, this happens on the reg in the music industry.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:24 PM

yes, all over the music biz people are just throwing money at little bands that "no one likes" in order to make them famous, JUST CUZ.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:38 PM

"It is the monster born out of this waste scene and now it is funny watching the "scene" turn on it's own creation when you have no one to blame but yourselves. The chickens coming home to roost basically..."

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:38 PM

Friends = kids from Iowa who moved to ny with a monthly check from mommy. ny is over. move to newark.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:40 PM

"that must be why Friends' are being asked to play so few shows and you never see them play packed rooms or appear on the covers of magazines. Clearly, EVERYBODY HATES THEM"

Milk-out-my-nose-LULZ

Yup, so right. And clearly Trayvon had to have been doing something wrong, otherwise Zimmerman would not have shot him. Clearly, this is so.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:44 PM

What scene 3:23? The totally rando disparate people who fill up Glasslands or 285 Kent on an average night? I go out a lot and I rarely see the same faces anymore. There is no Brooklyn scene any longer, just an internet.

And 'twas the internet that created Friends -- and they've worked it well. That's what being in a band is about today. Congrats to them for their savvy, and boohoo to the rest of you who can't match their promotional skills. Memorable YouTube videos, etc.

Friends also have a couple of catchy tunes, and a sexy lead singer.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:44 PM

"Dude, shitty bands have existed since bands exited. Keep projecting your failures/shortcomings on N.. Brooklyn if it makes you feel better though..."

Another idiot making no sense pertaining to the discussion at hand. Keep up the good work genius.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:47 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:47 PM

Not sure I agree with you 3:44. There is still very much a scene and i always see many of the same people. Not sure where you are going. Also, Friends was indeed born ouf of this scene but yes the Internet took it further sure.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:57 PM

people like Friends. get over it

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 3:58 PM

Friends is a lot better than Neon Indian, fo instance

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:04 PM

Was at Metronomy. Saw Friends. Not only do they suck musically, but the lead singer's "OMG! Brooklyn!" stage banter is so cringe worthy. Awful, awful band. (Metronomy was fantastic though.)

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:05 PM

The live performance linked above is hillarious. It really is basically karaoke. They have a management team but they can't play their instruments, sing in tune, or write a song? Why is anyone defending them?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:08 PM

that's what I see in that silly Union Square video. a band that's not afraid of being silly. because honestly, who the fuck gives a shit? it's fucking indie pop. chill.

newsflash BV nazis... none of this shit matters. bands and music are pretty frivolous and insignificant. have fun with the whole thing or else go to grad school. nobody gives a crap, don't get so worked up over nothing

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:22 PM

"a band that's not afraid of being silly."

Bwaa Bwaa Bwaa Bwaaaaaaa

Sorry, Bubbala - I don't get the impression they were being silly. I get the impression that they were pretty serious about what they were playing. Unless you count rolling up your pants to high-water level like faux-Artie Lange, or you're that old guy dressed all in white.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:27 PM

4:27. get your eyeballs checked out. this band is not heavy about what they're doing.

it's chill, whereas you are uptight, and tedious.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:30 PM

"I like Friends because they have catchy songs, a fun attitude and some charisma, and they don't take themselves so damn seriously. "

That's a reason to hang out with someone, not listen to their music. I mean it's insane. THEY CAN'T PLAY! Do you eat the food of chefs who can't cook because they don't take themselves to seriously? Do you let plumbers who don't know what they are doing work on your pipes because they have a fun attitude. OF COURSE NOT!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:33 PM

Holy crap. I just watched 2:19's video. This really is horrendous. I'm not a BV nazi, I just know dogshit when I step in it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:34 PM

There are all these comments about how Friends give "the Brooklyn scene" a bad name. There is no Brooklyn scene - just transplants playing bland, ball-less rock and bland metal. At least Matt from Friends has been a fixture in the NYC underground music scene for a good 15 years. How 'bout you? Matt paid his dues and his band plays pop music unapologetically - there's no pretense beyond that. I wish him/them all the best.

Posted by Mike | April 2, 2012 4:36 PM

^maybe he should have taken some time out in those 15 years and learned to play his instrument.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:37 PM

Joe Satriani can really play guitar.

This is why he is THE MOST IMPORTANT ARTIST IN HISTORY.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:46 PM

The Ramones could barely play.

This is why THE RAMONES ARE TERRIBLE & EMBARRASSING TO NEW YORK.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:50 PM

I mean you don't have to be a virtuoso but some degree of competence is required. Are Friends supposed to be some outsider art act like The Shaggs or 1/2 Japanese? They really can't play. And the singer really is constantly out of tune, with little range. That's not a subjective opinion, that's a fact.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:51 PM

Friends makes The Ramones look like Yes.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:54 PM

this is clearly one guy who's axe to grind is musicianship.

big ole who cares to that.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:55 PM

forgive me for expecting a band to actually be able to play. obviously i'm a hater.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:56 PM

Wait homeboy from Friends is 30+. Lulz.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 4:59 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:02 PM

Anyone who would even mention The Ramones and this band in the same sentence really doesn't deserve internet access.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:04 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:08 PM

^PUH-LEASE. I've heard his band. I've seen the way he dresses. I'm pretty comfortable saying dude has absolutely wretched taste.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:16 PM

Hey they got what they wanted +100 comments, good or bad, on BV.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:20 PM

"Matt from friends has better taste and knows more about music than all you haters combined."

Maybe the dumbest comment today. And also very wrong.

I digress though. Let's turn away from this conversation and move to a better one. Like ok, let's get some insider info. Who has fucked Samantha's fat fucking ass? I want to hear about her in bed. Does she hopefully take it in the shitter?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 5:30 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 6:19 PM

They all play a mean rusty trombone.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 6:49 PM

Super Mario

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 6:56 PM

4:54 - best LOL (that was unrelated to hummus) that I've had on BV in a while.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 7:08 PM

Their best song is a cover tune.... That sounds worse than the original... Nuff said.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 7:28 PM

Remember when music was good? Remember when people didn't accept mediocrity as the norm?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 7:40 PM

^Agreed 7:40. Music is pretty much dead now. Internet accessibility to practically everything recorded in human history has actually hurt things...not helped. There hasn't been a meaningful, revolutionary global music movement since the electronic/rave renaissance of the early to mid 90s (now of course shot to all hell by shit like "bro step") and there hasn't been one outta NYC since the early 2000s "New York Rock" scene that spit out The YYYs, The Strokes, The Liars and Interpol. We're just pretty much wasting our time now...waiting on the next musical revolution, subculture or movement.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 8:02 PM

^what do you kids expect. Someone actually made the argument that we shouldn't be worried about if a band can play their instruments has a 'fun attitude'. Sorry kids, I know it's not all of you, but everyone in NY under 30 seem like tremendous pussies too me.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 8:18 PM

I don't know about music being dead. Can't say I agree with that statement. If you like a particular sub-genre of music, that you feel you were first to the party with, then yeah maybe your small world is over. But music at large is doing OK.

All that aside, Friends is a horrible band with zero, I mean ZERO, charisma

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 8:49 PM

BV grows more irrelevant and exploitative every year. You gotta presume his hits are starting to tank. What insiders even lurk here anymore. Big pile of dull lameness.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:00 PM

Damn. I opened my fridge and the hummus was expired.
I would make a homemade batch, but some "friend" borrowed my food processor and now I'm in a bad scene.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:09 PM

Brilliant, 9:09

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:19 PM

Agree with you 8:49. Music is far from dead. Great artists, songs and albums continually come out. People like 7:40 and 8:02 who make statements like that really don't know much music.

Also, 9pm, keep telling yourself this and maybe your idiocy might someday come true. BV grows every year. They are promoting bigger artists shows each year and they are branching out to other cities. Every year their SXSW parties get bigger in scale. Yeah moron, all clear signs that hits are decreasing and connections are being lost

Fucking dummy.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:22 PM

8:49 - Good music is still out there, but people are more willing to accept crap these days. Just look at any of the "best of 2011" lists. Stale.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:25 PM

so we can all agree Friend is some bullshit?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:35 PM

9:22 Sure, plenty of good music still gets created these days. But how much GREAT music is being made now? Can you honestly say that there's music now that is on the level of greatness as the best music from previous decades (pre 2000)?

Posted by P | April 2, 2012 9:45 PM

Yes. Friends blow chunks.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:45 PM

One day the great clown in the sky took a massive shit on North Brooklyn and named it Friends.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 9:49 PM

Yes, a consensus was reached long ago. I'm pretty certain all of the positive comments on this thread can be attributed to one sad, sorry bastard.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:08 PM

no one got in except FRIENDS
all the people waiting at the door were denied

what a joke
been to many free RSVP'ed NYC events and this is the most sketchy and the worse

probably benefited my ears regardless reading the posts on this thread though

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:10 PM

Not a fan of the band but I would say the truly sad sorry bastard is the douche loser who claims consensus from comments in a blog and then states they are "pretty certain" it is one person opposing.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:15 PM

does anyone know of of the ugh, 'Friends"? Can we get some biographical info?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:16 PM

lulz, are these kids retarded or something?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 10:33 PM

Weasel Walter is the driving force behind their sound

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:34 PM

dude, you need to get a hobby, spending all day leaving hate comments about this band isn't going to make them less buzzy

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:37 PM

^buzzy...lulz....

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2012 11:40 PM

^ha yeah, if the pro comments here are from the band/their management, they are truly clueless.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 12:51 AM

@10:16 -- "homegirl" is from Connecticut. Wealthy family who pays for everything. Claims to write songs "since she was a kid" their single called Crush is the first song she ever wrote. She was a really bad art student at the New School. Les for show. Her Ex is well-known studio owner in BK so figure him in on songwriting. Fat dude is NJ scene-ster known for being bad musician/no taste. These guys milk tenuous connections to Market Hotel. Brooklyn is a small place, pay for play, misusing connections, and bullshit comes back to you.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 5:46 AM

Drum pedals? Who needs them?
Singing on key? Why bother?
Lyrics? Pfeh, not that important.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 6:58 AM

A rich slut from CT whose parents pay for everything...sounds like a great catch!

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 8:32 AM

this is gross but I'm on the pooper and I was just smelling my fingers to see if my piece of toilet paper was too thin (maybe some bleed-through) and I caught the distinctive whif of Sabra garlic hummus! Did the aroma travel it's way through my entire digestive tract or did I maybe have some previously undetectable garlic Sabra residue left on my hands from some intense solo late-night pita triangle deep-dipping??

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 9:06 AM

so did anyone c them last night

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 9:30 AM

Yes please comment if you DID get in last night
i really want to hear how bad they sucked

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 9:32 AM

the show last night sucked, friends sounded good, vox a little high in the mix, but hot as fuck and crowded with bougie yuppies yelling into each other's ears and there were no free drinks even though it was sponsored by an alcohol company. if you didn't get in, too bad, the "list" was fake, door guys were eyeballing

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 9:41 AM

^ sounds like an epic time (epic meaning as contrived as it is shitty)

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 10:07 AM

but they're soooo buzzy...

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 10:11 AM

"BULLSHIT on Matt being in NY 15 years. I know this scenester bigmouth from New Brunswick, Rutgers, around 5 years ago. Gimmie a break Friends Band Members. Stop defending your bullshit here."

I didn't say he had lived in NY for 15 years; I said that he was involved in the music scene for 15 years; I was definitely seeing him at ABC No Rio shows in '97. Yeah, he's from Jersey and most of the people posting here are from Ohio and have been here 15 minutes. But dude has paid dues and Dead Nation kicked some ass. I'm not a Friends band member; not remotely. But Matt is a good guy and a good guitarist and I'm happy things are going well with his band.

Posted by Mike | April 3, 2012 10:30 AM

^Matt, is that you?

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 10:46 AM

^has to be. 'Good guitarist'. Lulz..

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 11:01 AM

These folks make the Black Kids sound great.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 11:18 AM

anyone that reads this thread and has half a brain can see this shit is ALL the work of one jealous, hate filled person trying as hard as they can to make people think this band sucks.
no one into the bk music scene paid money to see metronomy. lead singer writes all the music. none of them come from a rich family. all the other insults are childish enough to be obvious jealous venom.
good luck trying to make them sound bad.. anyone that reads this crap and believes it is a moron. it's pretty easy to figure out it's all written by someone that knows them and is jealous because they aren't getting any attention or gigs. keep up the good work, it'll get you far.
i've been to their shows. people love them. end of story.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 11:19 AM

^nice try, but we can listen to the music. All rhetoric aside, it's terrible.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 11:30 AM

To both sides of the argument, when you claim your opposition is just the work of 1 person you look even dumber.

jus sayin

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 11:41 AM

OMG, anyone making any kind of apology for these idiots is truly either on their payroll or is tone deaf. I am embarrassed for you apologists. You have no idea what kind of hot mess you are trying to dress up like a princess.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 12:11 PM

Here are the facts:
The vocalist sings off key
The drummer doesn't use pedals
They have one catchy tune, with shitty lyrics
Their other good song is a cover, which is not nearly as good as the original
The singer is ok looking, but has a large ass

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 12:17 PM

^correct. That drummer couldn't keep time to save his life.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 12:22 PM

People don't "love" them. They stand with their arms folded or looking at their phones.

the BK music scene these guys belong to is favors for favors. Defend all you want, this shit sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 12:34 PM

"The singer is ok looking, but has a large ass"

Whoa whoa whoa, what is all the bad vibes over a chick having a fat ass? A girl with a fat ass is the best. I would eat Sammy's big fucking asshole for hours. Say anything else negative but leave the butt alone. Tiny flat ass bitches are the worst

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 12:50 PM

The drummer from Friends makes Moe Tucker look like Charlie Watts.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:03 PM

^ Andrew Dice Clay, you are not.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:03 PM

the hater(s) here sure know(s) a lot of personal info about these band members.

when chubby bro moved to town? where bhe lived in jersey? the lead singer's family background? yeah, casual haters just know that shit. makes sense.

I'm sure it's not just some frenemy with an axe to grind! people who casually dislike bands regualry do intense personal research into the band members' pasts.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:06 PM

^Very true^
the only thing I generally intensly investigate is the nutritional content of chickpeas.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:12 PM

Does that fat bro dress like that on purpose? I mean does he actually think he looks good, or is it some kind of ironic parody?

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:13 PM

Yeah 1:06, well you know Samantha is pretty free with shot and fucks dudes pretty casually. Nothing wrong with that, but some guys can't take it.

Heartbreak is a bitch, and even worse if the poor bro's shitty band isn't getting any play while the girl who fucked him and then blew him off's band is fucking blowing up in a major way.

friends are on the grow and you're not going to see less of them for a long time now. might just deal with it. she's got bigger dudes to fuck now bro, it's none of your business anymore.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:13 PM

I'll take bitter haters over hummus comedians anyday

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:15 PM

1:13 I love the twisted apologist logic. Anyone who clowns Friends has a personal axe to grind.

please

THE BAND CAN NOT PLAY.

It is apparent to anyone with ears.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:27 PM

I'm not from Brooklyn and don't know these people at all. I've never heard this band before. I watched the videos. They are objectively awful. Sorry to the offended people. Some bands really aren't good within their own genre. This is one of them.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:38 PM

I hope this band geranios signed to a major. They could be the next Bitch Slap!

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:40 PM

"well you know Samantha is pretty free with shot and fucks dudes pretty casually"

I'm in!. You got a phone number, address? I am all for casually nailing that azz.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:43 PM

1:38, I've never met them either. Don't know anyone who knows them. It's not too hard to tell they are an awful band. Sorry Friends, but deal with it. Maybe spend more time learning to play and write songs and less time worrying about management and marketing?

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:45 PM

your effort to pretend to be more than one person would be more convincing if you didn't repeat the same arguments in multiple comments from "different people" immediately after each other

"I'm from out of town"

"they can't play" ad infinitum

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 1:56 PM

haha this band has already played in front of more people at one show at a single time than your band will play in front of in your entire career!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 2:00 PM

"I've never met them"

GOT IT, BRO

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 2:01 PM

I'm 1:38. Hey, 1:45 - stop plagarizing my shit! You're like the Friends of BV comment trolls, dude. Actually, do they plagarize, probably not. That wasn't fair, but I still think, upon first listen, that they suck.

Posted by 1:38 | April 3, 2012 2:01 PM

It certainly looks like one apologist, one devil's advocate who isn't really taking a side, and a huge army of people who think this is bad music.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 2:02 PM

um, ok 2:01. nice "save."

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 2:07 PM

I count at least one guy who's enjoying mocking your jealousy and bitterness

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 2:12 PM

I don't give a fuck if the singer is a ho, or if the fat dude with the stupid hat has been on the scene or whatever. I just care about the facts, as I stated at 12:17, which basically sum up to: they suck.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 2:44 PM

Yeah, I'd believe the 'huge army of people' if everyone had to sign using their real name and email. Everyone over 4 knows about trolls, and haters that have a personal grudge that will waste an entire day prentending to be multiple people. SO FUCKING TRANSPARENT!! LULZ!!
Stop being such a fucking miserable person and do something to make your life better. Fuckstick. Smh.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 2:46 PM

Can we go back for a minute to the singer being a slut muffin? Any facts to back that up, and if so are there any naked pics of her ass?

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 3:09 PM

sam may be chill about sex with people she likes...

but I can guarantee you that she would never fuck your pathetic ass

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Loving all the "it's just one person" posting negative or positive comments to suit the rationale of whatever side you are on.
As well as the "she won't fuck your pathetic ass" comment about someone this jackass has never seen nor will ever know.

Clearly what is most evident is that people who read and comment on this blog for the most part are very very very stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 3:27 PM

3:14 I thought we are all disgruntled ex-boyfriends....make up your mind!

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 3:27 PM

All the "personal insider details" are easily and quickly confirmed on Google, Twitter, FB

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 3:44 PM

3:14 is the fat ass singer.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 3:59 PM

I LOVE WHORES WITH FAT ASSES WHO FRONT BANDS

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 4:17 PM

haters gonna hate, losers gonna be losers.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 4:25 PM

^thus sums of the Friends philosophy. All critiques are the work of one person, and that person is clearly a hater. It's a great philosophy really. You can kind of see why none of these 'musicians' bothered learning how to play.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 4:30 PM

yet lotsa people all over the world are paying attention to them and know their names!

and it just burns ya don't it! hahaha losers and haters is you buddy.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 4:32 PM

Is the fat guy really 35? It's good to see his music career is taking off. Lulz....

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 4:41 PM

Who the fuck cares how much the hairy dude weighs in at / how many feet the drummer uses / when the guitarist is going to collect Social Security /where the singer likes it put...Friends isn't better or worse than 70% of the bands to come out of Brooklyn recently - same ole machine that produces the same internet flash in the pan mediocre 6 month low rent wonders.

What's irritating about Friends and the like is that for all their savvy in playing the hype machine, they aren't humble enough to realize the house of cards they are riding on. Being a crack touring band takes years of shit venues, bad tours, no money or attention. Just because Windish sticks you on their indie little hype tour circuit for 6 months straight and your manager rakes in money by pimping out songs to Gap online ads does not mean you get to walk into a place like you're the Stones in 1972.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 4:45 PM

Can we just stop this bickering and share a few hummus recipes?

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 5:00 PM

Picking on Friends for their bad music =cool
Picking on bass player for being old/fat =uncool

You little fucks will be fat and old soon too.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 5:01 PM

I don't know these people. I'm not from the Williamsburg scene. I just read the blog because I like new music.
With that said, this band looks like a bad SNL parody. I could totally see Fred Armisen in this band. Ironically, the way SNL has been booking guests, it would be funny if they booked Friends.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 5:36 PM

..and Bobby Moynihan could be the fat guy.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 5:44 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 5:50 PM

4:45 - Agreed. Too much style, not enough substance. Say what you want about mainstream (non-hipster) rock bands, but at least a lot of those clowns actually can play their instruments, perfected their live sound/show, and have probably toured their butts off and paid dues.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 5:52 PM

Friends are out there willing

You guys are in on your desktops complains

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 6:44 PM

^try harder

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 7:05 PM

you fuckers are still arguing about this shitty band? they suck, case closed. now, move on.

Posted by Anonymous | April 3, 2012 8:18 PM

Worst band ever?

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 1:19 AM

^well there is Rage Against The Machine. I'll go second worst....

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 1:37 AM

Rage Against The Machine can actually play their instruments.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 7:36 AM

^ as much as I hate RATM and detest all the nonsense they hump, I will give them that they actually know how to play their instruments, which I agree stands in stark contrast to the people in Friends. And just because the singer is a chicken head doesn't mean she's hot.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 7:49 AM

really? hating on RATM?

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 8:22 AM

Really. RATM sucks, douche. Get over it. When you hit 20, you'll see.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 8:27 AM

why does bv hate on Kreayshawn?

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 8:27 AM

Kreayshawn > Friends

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 8:27 AM

I put that on my partner, I put that on my family
Oakland city represent, address me as your majesty
Yeah you can kiss the ring, but you can never touch the crown
I smoke a million Swisher blunts and I ain't never coming down
Bitch, you ain't no Barbie, I see you work at Arby's
Number 2, super-sized, hurry up I'm starving
Gnarly, radical, on the block I'm magical
See me at your college campus baggie full of Adderalls
Call me if you need a fix, call me if you need a boost
See them other chicken heads? They don't never leave the coop
I'm in the coupe cruising, I got the stolen plates
Serving all the fiends over there by the Golden Gate
Bridge, I'm colder than the fridge and the freezer
I'm snatching all your bitches at my leisure

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 8:29 AM

I smell huuuummmmuuuuussss!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 9:53 AM

I don't usually leave comments on blogs but after reading the comments thought I should throw out my .02 . I'm from Atlanta and am here in NYC visiting my sister-we went to the free show at Le Baron, even though we hadn't heard of Friends and we had a great time- except for the outrageous drink prices and how crowded and hot it was in there.They played a great set and everyone else seemed to like them too..so I don't know why all the bashing!

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 10:09 AM

Let's stop arguing and just agree on a few things
1) band is so much hype
2) the girl from CT loves cum
3) the bassist is fat
4) our adonis-like bodies may one day fall to the same demise

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 10:30 AM

Loving cum does not a quality band make

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 10:33 AM

cum cum cum cum cum cum cum. I wanna cum all over ur bum.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 10:50 AM

POOP

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 10:59 AM

Whether you like these people or not, believe me...with well over 200 comments on a BV thread, their publicist is happy. All press is good press.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 11:06 AM

Urbani's rear or Polachek's ear?

pick one.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 11:08 AM

some of these comments def sound like some seriously jealous bitch with an axe to grind. did one of those 2 hotties steal your man, babe?

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 11:12 AM

11:08 you win the internet!

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 11:46 AM

posting in an epic thread

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 12:04 PM

Looks like Friends gots a freneny. Rut ro.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 12:20 PM

I predict . . . . . . . . . .

Double bill - Friends and Lustmord

we'll see how many posts we can get that one up to

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 12:39 PM

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 1:27 PM

islam is a religion of hate and intolerance

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 2:04 PM

friends are famous and you ain't

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 3:06 PM

I really really hope pr/industry people don't look at this post as a sign of popularity, or one dude with a grudge. it's obviously many different people who hate this band and everything it stands for.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 3:13 PM

^exactly. I'll clown them for free, but make no mistake, these retards will never get $1 from me.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 3:28 PM

^^ I'm sure that Industry / A&R / PR professionals will take your disclaimers under advisement. As someone above rightly noted, there is no bad publicity.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 3:32 PM

^I guess that's true. Being eminently retarded might not be much of a hindrance in show business.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 3:42 PM

I swear I heard them because of this thread for the first time and I swear I thought it was embarrassment-humor... but so bad that it goes beyond embarrassment-humor into straight embarrassment.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 4:12 PM

aw, all that hard work for nothing ? don't feel too bad, we all got sum laffs out of it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 4:18 PM

I don't if I'm amused or disturbed by watching this weirdo have a lengthy convo with himself, agreeing with himself here.

My god man, at least change the writing style and your style sheet! Hardly anyone uses "^" yet you use it repeatedly in succession to pretend to be different posters. Sad, and a little scary.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 4:23 PM

THIS THREAD IS DOWNRIGHT CREEPY

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 4:27 PM

^ More like this thread only consists of losers (until right now with my comment, of course :) ).

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 4:28 PM

^ Yes let's all use "^" now so we can validate 4:23's hypothesis that it is only one person on the side of the argument they do not agree with.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 4:41 PM

^^^^^^^^^ Or let's just make wild assumptions that it's only one person arguing, because it makes for a more amusing story since we are so bored with ourselves, that a comments section about a band nobody cares about is getting the most hits on a slow day today.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 4:57 PM

well you see, regular legit posters wouldn't care that someone outed a freak who's spending all of several days at the office posting hate comments about Friends the band.

only the weirdo who got called out would even care.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 5:21 PM

^ Oh wise BV regular, please school all of us. Considering if you read the thread there are numerous accusations on both sides back and forth for days about it being only one person.
I really want to hear though more about your reasonings and what "regular legit posters"on here do.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 5:26 PM

^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS ^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^^^^^I WROTE EVERY COMMENT IN THIS THREAD^^^

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 5:40 PM

^^^^ is a sad sack loser

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 6:21 PM

^is OBVIOUSLY 5:40

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 6:52 PM

it is 7:07 o'clock right now. i am 7:07.

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 7:07 PM

^4:23 is a fucking idiot^

Posted by Anonymous | April 4, 2012 7:09 PM

Cleveland Show -- two good band membranes. Speaking headgames, but talent underlays.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 1:03 AM

this is hilarious! Bacterial Vaginosis at it's best!

it was obvi to me that someone has a personal problem with the members of friends the way they said " the singer is always off key" and "the band can't play". then start attacking them like an 8th grader- "he's fat! she's got a fat ass! he's old! she likes cum! "

waaaaaaaaah!!! grow up pussy.

anyone that says that has to have been at a lot of shows locally so is obvi one of their "friends" thts jealous. poor baby.

they say "their only good song is a cover"

i've seen them. they ooze charisma. another givaway. lulz. word of advice dude. step away from your mommys computer, change your underoos, an go finish high school. no ones listening.

I'm sure this happens to most bands that get famous to some degree, there's always gonna be fake friends that are angry that their band isn't famous.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 9:54 AM

UR ALWZ STUCK IN 2ND GEAR!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 10:18 AM

friends want to be famous so bad, it's a little sad. they don't want to be musicians (obviously), they want to be stars.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 11:15 AM

pretty sure famous is just happening to them

seems like it must be a sweet ride!

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 11:27 AM

can we get a new post just to address 1108

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 1:43 PM

"they ooze charisma"

Thank you 9:54. I always though the kid from the next building over when I grew up, that smelled like soup, had uneven bangs and ate his boogers in front of everyone, was the most clueless fuck I've even encountered. Until today that is. Thanks for giving me a serious laugh attack and helping to make this Thursday afternoon a little bit more bearable. Good job!

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 2:11 PM

this bands management team will not quit!

yo music industry weasels, you're trying to blow up some scrubs, it's not going to work.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 2:32 PM

i like this band, i don't know what you guys are talking about.

i also like to sniff dirty socks.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 2:52 PM

you're still repeating the same lines in multiple posts, guy.

I know you get excited when you think you have a zinger, but when you write three comments that all use the same line, it makes it super obvious to other people that you're pretending to be multiple people.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:01 PM

I am 2:11. I did not write the other two posts.
3:01 you are delusional and paranoid, and you need to get some treatment.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:08 PM

It's the Friends management strategy. 'If we take the position that it's only one person with an axe to grind, maybe no one will notice that overwhelming majority of people who hear this nonsense think it sucks.'

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:17 PM

3:08 is a liar

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:22 PM

I don't know how many times you have to hear this, but no one but the guy pretending to be multiple people would write a post all offended that someone called you out for pretending to be multiple people.

you are bad at this!

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:24 PM

^you're really not very bright are you?

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:26 PM

3:24 you really shouldn't have skipped the day at your GED class where they taught sentence structure. This may come back to haunt you my friend, but not to worry - there is room for growth at Starbucks so long as you can continue to make a good latte.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:29 PM

Roses are red
Violets are blue
3:24 is a schizophrenic
And so is 3:22

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:31 PM

^better than Friends' lyrics

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 3:34 PM

4 posts in response to one, this is one obsessed weirdo.

We all just glad we don't have to know you in real life, buddy

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 4:16 PM

Fact is, you DO know me but you're still a bunch of rich spoiled fucks from Connecticut and Ohio or wherever, and you still suck.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 5:13 PM

I'm 3:34 but not 5:13

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 5:24 PM

LOLOLOLOL Oozing charisma!!!!:

8=====D ~o ~o ~o

I don't understand why we're not talking about the cute, waif-y one.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 6:49 PM

they're both totallly fuckable. I'll take a urbani-hann sandwich any day. I might even tap that drummers tight azz

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 7:26 PM

some weird fuckin comments on this site man. wtf is the number bullshit like 3:18 is that some religious cult shit?do you people all know each other on here? whats this fuckin hummus shit bro? I swear vegans are fuckin weird man. I saw this band with Metronomy, they played a damn sweet show man! packed house. whole place was into them. lead singer has fun out there and she's fuckin sexy! nice booty and pretty face. she got a real cool style too.I'd visit that. I might never leave! other ones cute too -waif or not. wouldn't kick either one out of bed. band ain't too bad either man. can hear a lotta different influences. they sound original. some dudes got an attitude. whatever. they'll do good. seems like they already got a lot of fans. kudos.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 9:27 PM

if this is your initiation into the shitrag that is BV, my advice is get out now and don't look back! I think there's only one guy that sits here all day long having a convo with himself. CREEPY I TELL YA!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 9:48 PM

9:27 = Friend's management team earning their keep. Love the purple prose. Hope you have a real job in your 30s.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 10:01 PM

sorry to break it to you, but the kind of management team that are behind the band friends at this point are working in bigger circles than the brooklyn vegan comment page

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 10:46 PM

RICOLA!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 10:52 PM

For a bunch of vegans, y'all sure are meanies.

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 11:08 PM

10:46 Oh, I know. I think it's funny though. Major business types have been clueless and blowing money on lost causes forever. Frankly, you'd think they'd be better at it by now. They couldn't find anyone equally talentless but better looking? You're really going to dump money/time into this guy:

Good luck with that. I

Posted by Anonymous | April 5, 2012 11:51 PM

^ HOLY FUCK WHAT A DOUCHE!
oh, and i'm #270, bitches!

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 2:24 AM

newsflash. 11:51 / 2:24 agrees with himself

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 5:53 AM

^ sure, douche, whatever you say.
you forget your meds again?

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 8:29 AM

I think I made the Friends mad.

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 8:57 AM

Somma you trolls need to go back to bitch school and learn how to troll again. This "you are all the same person" bullshit is really tired, and shows no inventiveness or humor. To be a good troll, grasshopper, you need bring something new to table. Now, go back and try it again, this time wiff feewing.

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 9:25 AM

hey repetitious friend

something to learn: responding three or four times to every post when you get challenged only underscores that you're a sole sensitive individual who can't restrain himself from overdoing it.

go ahead and send back one snarky response, sure, but you dilute it with three and it seems desperate.

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 9:41 AM

Holy shit, this thread is still going on?
Anyway, 9:54, your logic makes no sense when you say "that must mean all the other songs they wrote themselves. so how can you know if the singer is off key or the band can't play?"
Very simple. I've heard the recorded versions of the songs, and I've seen them live. She sings off key live. The drummer is barely keeping time, and doesn't even have foot pedals... He makes Meg White look like Neil Peart. Their best song is a cover. When you compare it to their material, its just a much better song. I'll admit that Friend Crush is catchy, but it reeks of "one hit wonder".

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 9:59 AM

explain the foot pedals thing

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 10:37 AM

THIS THREAD IS WEIRD

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 10:48 AM

It's not weird. It's one guy calling them out, interns for their management doing damage control, locals expressing how much they suck, and band members trying to save face.

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 11:19 AM

^ and that's not weird, how?

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 11:28 AM

if this is going to get to 300 we are going to need moar pics of the fat bro to lulz at.

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 11:31 AM

I want to lulz!

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 11:50 AM

meanwhile, pretty sure they're out touring the world and meeting famous people

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 5:05 PM

the obsessed weirdo is really obsessed with foot pedals for some reason

hey weird dude: you're a freaky weirdo

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 5:06 PM

9:59 you're really slipping!!

you've heard them live AND heard the recorded versions?? HAHAHA!!! the fucking record hasn't even come out yet... how the hell have you heard their recorded versions, assfuck?

and what is the big fucking deal about pedals? there is only one way to play the drums? not last time i checked. asshole. their drummer is the shit. complain about the lack of pedals all you want you stupid fuck.

you have some major issues, dude. get some help. spending days on BV bashing this band really can't be helping you out that much...just makes you look like one sorry fuck. i agree with 5:05 and 5:06. get back on your meds, fuckwad.

you're a joke.

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 10:26 PM

EAT A DICK!!

(and i'm not even in the band!)

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 10:27 PM

is ballsack scum considered vegan?

Posted by Anonymous | April 6, 2012 11:03 PM

The video for Friend Crush is readily available online. Hence, recorded version.

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2012 12:44 AM

thread won't quit!

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2012 12:00 PM

"band members haven't been on here, as they would just straight up tell you to eat a dick"

I'm pretty sure that the band is already busy eating dicks. Except for the fat one, he's both eating a dick and getting one up the ass.

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2012 1:25 PM

Is there really a human dildo on here arguing that the band MEANT TO sing off key? Yeah, right Mr. Publicist. I guess that post allowed you to bill the band for another hour of work, amirite?! (it's rhetorical, asswipe - stop talking to the screen)

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2012 1:28 PM

Attn: Friends Band Members: Please stop defending your shitty band in the comments section. Your management company's interns are doing it for you.

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2012 2:02 PM

We've been having meetings all day discussing the good points of this band... But so far we haven't come up with anything.

Posted by An intern of the Friends band. | April 7, 2012 4:03 PM

4 posts in a row again. Can't you control yourself bro?

Posted by Anonymous | April 7, 2012 4:43 PM

yo- weirdo. you're pretty pissed that friends is getting so much international attention huh? do u think anyone reads this shit or cares? sorry dude, hate to break it to ya..BV and Hipster Runoff are jokes. sorry u don't get it. i'm actually kinda embarrassed for ya.

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2012 2:53 PM

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. Like herpes, but better.

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2012 10:35 PM

Damn I wish there was a way to know how many individual people made a comment in this thread. Sorta like a Nielsen rating...I wanna know how many "households" were reached.

Posted by Anonymous | April 8, 2012 11:38 PM

For realz though, wouldn't it be cool if just this one time BV broke the "4th wall" and posted the unique IP address / pro vs. con score? Then the Friends hype squad would see just how sadly outnumbered he is. Like Marshall McLuhan on line at the movie in Annie Hall.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 1:21 PM

^I'd be willing to wager it would be 300-1 in favor of Friends = clown shit

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 1:36 PM

Friendz > h8rz

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 4:11 PM

friends have succeeded beyond your wildest dreams, loser.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 6:07 PM

^yes it was a very popular show.

The band though, ha! I doubt any of these try too hard dorks will clear 20k this year off their band.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 7:01 PM

20 g's ?

At my job I get paid over 250 thousand dollars a year! I wear a suit!

they better talk with their broker about their portfolio pronto, amirite?

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 7:11 PM

Yeah, 20k or so is being VERY generous. That would imply that the band made 100k before they split it five ways (which I HIGHLY doubt). People need to learn what musicians really make. It's not what you think it is kids.

Not that it matters, but when Friends management team talks about the hanging out with famous people or having 'succeeded beyond your wildest dreams', I think it's fair game to put them in their place.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 7:28 PM

"management team"? how about just people who think you're an obsessed weirdo and disagree with you.

bottom line, more people all over the world care about this band and even more know they exist. more people have watched Friends' youtube video than care that you exist, silly.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 7:34 PM

7:28 doesn't catch on when he's getting made fun of. also, 7:28 is like 200 other posts on this thread.

also, 7:28 is a dumbass.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 7:38 PM

^it wasn't even 20k was it :(

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 7:48 PM

people on planet earth who will ever know you exist? not even close

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 7:56 PM

Whoever is defending Friends should at least pretend to understand that most people find the pursuit of fame to be an unattractive trait. Especially when you have no discernable talent. Friends should get in where they fit in.....reality TV.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 8:10 PM

whaaa whaaa loser doesn't have a anything clever to say. reality tv boooohooooh whhhaaaaaaaaa

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 8:17 PM

Wow, this is still going! Where's the Tea Party guy? I want to argue with him about Obama. He always seems to pop up on the long threads .

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2012 11:25 PM

I jut checked, and Friends still suck.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 10:48 AM

Whose dick did she have to suck to land the spot at bowery ballroom?

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 5:35 PM

^Apparently if the rumours are to be believed, quite a few cocks.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 5:47 PM