Posted in music on April 28, 2012

photo via bertiewooster99
Jack White

Did you make it to Webster Hall or watch the Gary Oldman-directed stream? If you missed it, it seems to still be on repeat over on YouTube. Check out the full 2-set Jack White setlist, featuring songs from throughout his career and many bands, below...

Jack White @ Webster Hall, New York, NY
April 27, 2012 - setlist

The Peacocks
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
Missing Pieces
Freedom At 21
Love Interruption
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
Two Against One (Rome cover)
Top Yourself (The Raconteurs song)
I'm Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes song)
Blue Blood Blues (The Dead Weather song) (With "Screwdriver" Riff Intro)
Take Me With You When You Go

Los Buzzardos
Sixteen Saltines
I Cut Like a Buffalo (The Dead Weather song)
Weep Themselves to Sleep
Trash Tongue Talker
You Know That I Know (Hank Williams cover)
We're Going to be Friends (The White Stripes song)
Hypocritical Kiss
Hello Operator (The White Stripes song)
Carolina Drama (The Raconteurs song)
Catch Hell Blues (Fragment) (The White Stripes song)
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)
Goodnight Irene (Leadbelly cover)

Where are the snarky hipster comments? Ok fine, I'll start: Meh.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 2:49 AM

There should be a parakeet in both bands.

Posted by Mississippi King(!) | April 28, 2012 2:59 AM

That's more like it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 3:03 AM

jack

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 3:13 AM

I peed my pants

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 3:40 AM

Hummus. AMIRIGHT?

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 5:23 AM

white stripes songs sound better with full band rather than meg

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:03 AM

@903 so much better, surprised it took this long.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:12 AM

Jay Z was there rocking out. Is Jack White the new Grizzly Bear?

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:24 AM

Breaks my heart to see white stripes songs being played without meg

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:26 AM

Seems like a greatest hits show.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:32 AM

The Rome song is not a cover. That is Jack White on the Rome album

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:49 AM

YAY! Awesome show. It was a little sad to hear the white stripes songs without Meg. I like the songs stripped down better!

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:50 AM

Show blew my mind. The all guy band was especially tight. They tore it up last night. Gonna be hard to top that one.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:57 AM

Jude Law was also there bopping his head. Great show, lots of wonderful tunes and a pretty varied setlist. Both Drummers we're amazing and right in front.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 10:07 AM

Are the darkies down with J whizzy?

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 10:21 AM

they covered screwdriver??? racists.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 10:22 AM

Jack White Pride

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 10:45 AM

Very douchey crowd there all around, probably no surprise. Carolina Drama was the highlight for me.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:06 AM

I am a huge White Stripes fan and big fan of most things Jack White. Also, I am not one of those people who posts on this site about how everything sucks. I thought this show sucked. I thought the girl band sucked extra hard. The new material is mediocre; the White Stripes songs were not meant for a 6-peice band (I REALLY don't want a fiddle over Hello Operator guitar solos). The stuff that sounded best was the Raconteurs material (agree with 11:06 that Carolina Drama was the highlight); I also really liked Two Against One.

That said, Jack should get down on his knees and beg Meg to take him back. He should promise to not be an egomaniacal a-hole and actually try to keep his word. If she is smart, she won't believe him and he should fire the rest of the band and just go on tour with the boy drummer. Call the band the Zebras, the Oreos or something else racist that an actual southern man would call a band like that.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:18 AM

^ u are such a fukken boner, meg is as unimpressive as it gets. A 10 yr old could play her part. Both bands he has have solid drummers that blow her out of the water. Go be sentimental somewhere else-show was unreal

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:25 AM

i agree with @1125

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:30 AM

^ have you ever heard of a thing called chemistry? That's what made the White Stripes so wonderful. This genius eccentric virtuoso guitarist who played with a retard drummer. And it worked. It worked beautifully.

And I agree...both drummers (the dude was AMAZING) are much better drummer than Meg, I can't possibly argue with you there. That's not the point, boner.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:32 AM

11:25 and 11:30 have clearly never seen The White Stripes live. I'm with 11:18. Peacocks set particularly weak.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:36 AM

"the White Stripes songs were not meant for a 6-peice band"

You should have mentioned that to Jack when you sent him your songs. I'm sure he would have respected your artistic vision.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:47 AM

Hey dummies,
The reason you all went to this show is not because some guy named Jack White put out a solo album. Cause frankly if that was it, this would not have been at Webster Hall and most of you would not care.
You went cause you were seeing Jack White from THE WHITE STRIPES. That is the band you fell in love with and why he is what he is today. It is still the best band he has played in and had the best songs he has come up with to date. That line up, that configuration, those 2 musicians and that chemistry.

As for last night, the male band is more rocking, the female band was more melodic.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:56 AM

It was fucking epic. There should be no hate.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:12 PM

^ Gonna go with no. I went to see jack white. Jack white IS the white stripes. He wrote all the songs including megs contributions. You could stick anyone with a marginal understanding of the instrument into her role and you would not be able to tell the difference if you werent looking at the stage Jacks has even admitted this. Its not like they were an improvisational jam band...wtf how do you people not get this.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:13 PM

show was fucking awesome. that is all.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:18 PM

I am not going to compare the two bands (three bands, I guess?) substance-wise. No need. I can honestly say I had a much better time at the Hives the night before. The Hives played as a BAND. And they blew the lid off that little room.

Last night's show was ok. It didn't suck but most of it lacked something. It was not "fucking epic." Carolina Dreams was very good. Good Night Irene was great to end on.

I will also give props to Jack for not doing an encore. People take them for granted and bands write them into their set lists. That's just not how it should be.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:21 PM

Meg was just as important to the band as Jack was. Certainly not the best drummer, but as far as the music of The White Stripes go she is simply irreplaceable.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:27 PM

Yeah 12:13 is obviously not a musician and has no concept of the dynamics that make up bands. Guy is a prized idiot

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:39 PM

Only know Jack from White Stripes? What? So I don't know him from The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, the Danger Mouse Rome project and how many solo works for films, etc? Are we supposed to just forget all that?

I think someone who insists we all just like White Stripes and that was the reason we all went last night is just lacking any scope outside their narrow vision. That's why they are trying to convince everyone that we only went for White Stripes songs last night because it's all they know from top 40 radio

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:41 PM

12:41 moron, I am 11:56 and you obviously cannot read. Where did i say or even attempt to convince anyone they only went for White Stripes songs? Never said it nor meant that. I was making a comment in response to people above that were negative about the stripes and Meg and her part in the band.

Also, idiot, i never said you did not know him from those other bands. You know him from those other bands because of THE WHITE STRIPES. Sit here and tell me that any of those other projects would have affected you as much had you not already known him from the stripes. You can't and if you did you would be lying through your teeth.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 12:48 PM

Holy fuck, someone is actually defending/promoting that droopy faced big titted retard Meg White's value as a "drummer"? I didn't watch this shit because I was too busy doing anything else but, I imagine that Jack White could have Goose stepped out onto the stage and initiated a forced White Power rally, and that would still be way better than watching the retard in red try not to shit herself while holding a 4/4 beat.

Posted by BIG WURM | April 28, 2012 1:24 PM

"I didn't watch this shit because I was too busy doing anything else" = I was home in my tiny fleabag apartment jerking my dick wondering why I have no fucking life

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 1:33 PM

You fools, the guy took her fucking surname. If that alone doesn't show her influence on Jack White I don't know what does.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 1:54 PM

Show was fantastic last night.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 1:57 PM

1:33 sure...if that makes you fell better nigger

1:54 you fell for a gimmick..die

Posted by BIG WURM | April 28, 2012 1:59 PM

Awesome show! I enjoyed every minute...

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 2:14 PM

lol none of you know shit about white stripes history or jack white.

meg didn't want to be part of the white stripes, jack made her learn the drums and pretend she was his sister. she didn't write ANY of the songs or contribute to the creative process in any way whatsoever - this is why she ultimately quit the band, because she knew she was just tagging along. she hated it. (also why she hasn't released a single spec of music since leaving the white stripes).

jack came up with the entire idea for the white stripes (i.e. the color scheme that would distract from the idea of 'two pale white people playing the blues,' every song/album title, the record label, the promotional material, the limited vinyls, everything).

but yea, keep acting like you're fans, is cool.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 2:21 PM

2:21. You care.....fag

Posted by BIG WURM | April 28, 2012 2:31 PM

Jack recently said in an interview that even when he plays with great drummers (he mentioned Patrick Keeler from the Raconteurs), it doesn't even come close to what he had with Meg. Meg wasn't the best drummer technically, but she had an amazing sound, rhythmic feel, groove, soul--all of these elements that can't be taught, and that actually make songs more musical and exciting, and are far more important than technical nonsense.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 2:39 PM

Now you're just embarassing yourself

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 2:45 PM

2:39 is absolutely correct

2:21 is an absolute moron. Dude i know more about this band than you will ever know. You took part of what you probably read off Wikipedia and google and then talked some bullshit. Keep talking out of your ass you dumb know nothing fuck. Your analysis of Meg and why the band dissolved and what she is doing now is laughable.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 3:07 PM

I wasn't blown away by the show. Jack and Meg had a chemistry and it was strange seeing him do the White Stripe songs without her.

And sure, everyone loved him doing familiar songs from his other projects, but it sort of came off like these are all my songs, sure there were other people I collaborated with, but these are my songs.

Posted by anonymous | April 28, 2012 3:28 PM

This post is retard heavy

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 3:45 PM

Let me add retard heavy and clueless to boot

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 4:06 PM

Meg is like the Tim Tebow of drummers. Not very good in a technical sense, but knows how to win.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 4:16 PM

Meg loves nigs

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 4:23 PM

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. May 11

Posted by Craigslist Raleigh Tips | April 28, 2012 4:48 PM

BIG WURM made me lol hard. nice post.

i dont like The White Stripes, but LOVE everything else hes done. i like more intricate music i guess.

Raconteurs is his best work, clearly.

I would LOVE to see Meg's pale, lsucious tits bouncing around again. such a hot slut. think she gags on it?

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 5:01 PM

5:01 is probably the Big Wurm loser trying to pretend he is someone else. Seems like the same kind of idiocy being spouted. More intricate music lol. The Raconteurs? BAHAHAHAHAHAH

Now that is a laugh

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 5:48 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 6:00 PM

why is that a laugh? The Raconteurs, even if you're not a fan, has much more involved instrumentation than The White Stripes. They def. experiment more, have multiple vocalists, etc. it's obvious.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 6:07 PM

It is a laugh to say that clearly Raconteurs is better or that they are such an intricate band. More than the Stripes, yeah what a revelation you made with that. Congrats, you are a genius.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 6:18 PM

I'm glad the White Stripes fan club came in to clear up all the various details, but I believe your timeline/story is off...so here goes

1974- Jack White is born, and adopted by members of the Black Panther Party

1981- Meg White is born to a chick with big tits and aretarded guy named Gary...she drools

1998- Jack meets Meg..realizes that, while retarded, is the only white female left in Detroit. They proceed on an all anal relationship that blossoms into "love" for Meg and "how the fuck do I get this thing to lose my number" for Jack

1999- Jack teaches Meg to drum while they watch Animal of the Electric Mayhem

1999-Jack realizes that while she can't play for shit, it's kind of rare for mongoloids to be in bands, so he forms the White Stripes.

2000-the retard in band thing gets huge..the get rich

2007-Jack ditches Meg because acording to NME retards are yesterday's news like The Rapture and The Strokes

2008-Meg eats crayons

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 6:30 PM

Jack hasn't written any truly great songs post Stripes. Some goodies, but not as good as TWS. Meg's gigantic cans were her biggest contribution, and this coming from a homo.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 6:34 PM

Dude should just move to Las Vegas and get it over with...

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 7:01 PM

That Big Wurm loser must have written that comment at 6:30. If not, whoever that was, you really really really have zero life.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 7:26 PM

LOL 6:30 -- you made my day!

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 7:34 PM

7:26 is upset.

6:30 not me, but I'll take that timeline as fact

Posted by BIG WURM | April 28, 2012 7:36 PM

6:30 is the first person to write something hilarious on here for a long time.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 7:58 PM

Ha ha chemistry... it's really hard to tell Meg to speed up or slow down boom boom crash.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 8:59 PM

wow, what a retard parade on here. But what else is new. I've been a fan of all of Jack Whites projects...and to say he hasn't written a great song since Stripes is laughable. Anyway, I thought this show was perfect. I didn't know what to expect, but it was definitely much better than I thought it would be. The way he reworked all of the songs was amazing. If he went out there and played the Stripes songs the same way they were recorded with Meg, people would hate on it to no end. The same thing goes for the other bands' songs. He's playing the songs from throughout his career(which the fans want) but also giving them a new spin. I guess you really can't please everyone. But I could find no fault with what he did here.

Posted by TheSloot | April 28, 2012 9:04 PM

I was once at a White Stripes show in Alabama and Meg's tits popped out of her shirt. God, I came instantly seeing those huge orbs

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 9:31 PM

LOL 630.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 10:31 PM

6:30 needs to stop posting about how funny he is in other posts

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2012 11:09 PM

I think 630 killed it. Put time in, and was funny. Lighten up 1109

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 12:08 AM

Jack is my hero. Every single thing he touches becomes brilliant. As if white stripes, dead weather, and raconteurs weren't enough, now he does a solo album and it's equally (if not more) mind-blowing. Then he takes it a step further and launches it via 1,000 helium balloons of special vinyl editions! Like i mentioned before, EVERY SINGLE THING HE TOUCHES IS BRILLIANT!!

Posted by kevincorcoranjr | April 29, 2012 12:24 AM

all that stuff about meg being an expendable part of the band is true. just read the recent ny mag/ny times profiles where he talks about how the white stripes was formed/fell apart.

what you think you know about the band is a gimmick that jack white developed to become famous.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 12:30 AM

12:08=6:30

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:10 AM

"6:30 needs to stop posting about how funny he is in other posts"

Man, you have no idea how right you are.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:20 AM

BIG TITS ON HOT PALE SLUTS!

BIG TITS

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 2:07 AM

"Left between sets after waiting at least fifteen minutes. Sorry to see they played 7 Nation in the second set. First set was great, though. But next time, shorter waits?????"

This clown may be the biggest dooshbag to ever walk the face of the earth. Go die

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 11:25 AM

630 made me laugh. Also Chill 11:25. I get why the guy left between sets -- watched the online stream, and the wait was forever.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 11:53 AM

Agreed. I was at the show and waited out the break, but at least 10% of the crowd left. I didn't mind, because it meant I got to move closer to the stage, and I actually preferred the second half. That said, I understand why so many people decided to leave.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 12:57 PM

a 15 minute wait? that must of been rough

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:05 PM

If the post at 6:30 made you laugh I would venture to guess that you also think Saturday Night Live is the funniest show on TV. Also you probably never get laid.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:05 PM

People on here seem to have a bad attitude. 630 is pretty funny, if a bit mean; SNL IS funny, don't be jealous; and waiting 15 minutes can be a pain if you have some other place to go -- no reason for a band to force its customers to do that (although I personally would have stayed).

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:32 PM

^Never gets laid

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:36 PM

I can't tell if 1:32 is joking or a fucking idiot

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:39 PM

It's kind of sad how everyone on here rips on the people who are actually funny and put some work into their posts. Also, if you don't think SNL is funny, you have not watched it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 1:46 PM

Humor is subjective. Like music. For instance, no one in this thread has any talent, much like "insert band that you personally dislike".

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 2:05 PM

146 is Fred Armisen

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 2:06 PM

His is 146. NOT Fred Armisen. Just a guy who likes to laugh and not be jealous.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 2:09 PM

Sure Fred, whatever you say.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 2:44 PM

Seriously not him. I am a lawyer in Chicago!

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 2:49 PM

I think the wait can be a bit of a drag...but he is changing bands. I think being able to do this in 15 minutes is as quick as you could possibly ask for. If you left because of that and missed his second set, well you must be kicking yourself now. It was a great show...hope I can find some decently priced tix for the Roseland shows.

Posted by TheSloot | April 29, 2012 3:19 PM

When I hear the between-set wait gets down a little, then I will get Roseland tickets. I am sure it is just a kink they will work out.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 3:58 PM

Roseland is not going to be Webster. Two Nights at Roseland. One night is the female band and the other night is the male band. No announcement beforehand which night has which.

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 6:04 PM

rosebud ........

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 6:44 PM

rjhferhjfherhj kfkkemfkmekk ek,ke kd reke kdk

Posted by sans pit | April 29, 2012 8:27 PM

^ dude, at least try, or you'll have to go back for more electroshock therapy

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2012 8:42 PM

Jack White, Gary Oldman, intensive set list and a live stream? Pretty much perfection right there. Really thankful for this video! Also, Blunderbuss is probably occupying my CD player in my car for the summer.

Posted by Sara | April 29, 2012 10:32 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 2:30 AM

Another unknown fact about Meg Whites contribution to the band, is that she would always prepare a phyto-nutrient rich hummus platter prior to each live show.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 3:44 AM

anyone that left during the set break deserves to be shot, that is all

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 8:18 AM

"well that's the first I'm hearing about the Roseland shows not having each band each night."

Well maybe if you were a real fan and followed the latest interviews Jack has been giving then you would have heard this. He is bringing both bands out on the road. One night is the female band and the other is the male. Which one is the surprise to the audience.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 8:43 AM

Can you link whatever interview he said that in? Seems like a shitty thing to do to fans.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 9:25 AM

@843 you misunderstood. he decides during breakfast which band will be performing in which order. he also apparently doesn't have a setlist and they just wing every show and play 'what feels right.'

evertyhing above about meg white being expendable is true. at least jack white says so.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 9:32 AM

why anyone would leave in between sets is beyond me, really. disappointing to hear, because those people shouldn't have been at the show to begin with. (i didn't see anyone leaving, i personally don't think it's true but you never know with NYC crowds).

the wait was probably 15 minutes at the absolute most - perfect time to make a b-line for the bathroom and grab drinks before pushing your way back to your spot. i personally appreciated it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 9:36 AM

a REAL fan would have understood the interview properly.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 9:40 AM

He will only play with one band each night, unless on a whim that morning he decides to have a two-band show. The SXSW show and the NYC Webster Hall livestream event were unique concerts. At all of his other solo shows (eight or nine so far), he has only played with one of the bands; either the Peacocks (femmes) or Los Buzzardos (male).

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 9:45 AM

sorry for my ignorance, but was it announced that there would be 2 sets?

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 9:55 AM

@955 if you're referring to the webster hall show, no it wasn't. but if jack white stops playing after 40 minutes, and he hasn't played either of his newest singles yet, you should probably stick around and expect some more. especially when there were literally women on stage holding big signs saying that he will be back onstage shortly.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 10:10 AM

945 is right about the roseland shows, 100%.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 10:11 AM

Wow, 9:32 and 9:40, that hurt.

8:43, here. Maybe you 2 should have actually had a clue before you opened up those traps of yours. Fucking typical BV moron know nothings spouting off.

As i said and 9:45 confirmed, it is one band a night. And actually he said he would decide sometimes right before show time to keep the bands on their toes.
SXSW was an industry showcase and Webster Hall was a special webcast so he showed off both bands those nights. That will not be the case for the Roseland shows or any of the other shows on the tour.

Plus he only plays certain songs with each band. So for example, if you get the girls, you ain't hearing Sixteen Saltines.

So if you got into Webster, feel lucky cause you got the better show. Well besides the obvious smaller venue, better sound, better sight lines etc.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 10:53 AM

10:10 agreed, the fact that anyone actually left this show during set break is beyond me. Ignorance isnt the word, it is incomprehensible that someone could be that clueless. Fukken clowns that should not have been at the show in the first place

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 10:55 AM

LOL if you really believe he decides right before showtime

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:18 AM

Yeah 11:18 because Jack White never does anything crazy or outlandish or stupid or out of the ordinary.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:22 AM

...which are all very carefully planned and coordinated to enhance his eccentric image.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:30 AM

No way he decides riiiight before show time. He may decide earlier in the day, but they have to set up the stage for one of them...

Also, I bet the other band does the encore.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:32 AM

@1132 that would be cool if you weren't wrong. the same band does the encore, if there is one. just check setlist.fm and look at the setlists for every other solo show he's done other than sxsw or webster.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:35 AM

Well 11:32 since you know so much, actually both bands use the same setup. I guess you were not at Webster Hall.

And wrong, the other band does not do the encores.

One band a night. That's it.

You know before you stupid fucks, who know absolutely nothing, comment you might look online at the shows already done on the tour. You know so you don't come off looking like an idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:37 AM

why is this even an argument, all of the facts are on the internet in black and white. one band per show, decided that day. i personally liked the peacocks because it had a nice feel to it and i love all female bands, but los buzzardos can throw down MUCH harder.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:46 AM

11:37. I WAS at webster hall, clearly you were not. There are two drum kits, two of everything...that's why it took 15-20 minutes to redo the stage. moron.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:46 AM

It must be hard to be so knowledgeable about stupid shit most people don't even care about. Give yourself a pat on the back on the way to your barista job.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:47 AM

Fact: He has already decided which band will play which Roseland show. If you believe otherwise, I have a hummus bridge to sell you.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:55 AM

11:48. WRONG. There was not 2 of everything. The slide guitar setup was the same. The keyboard/pianos were the same. The drum kit was different.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 11:56 AM

From the NYTimes Magazine interview:

I asked if it felt weird to play the songs without her. “Maybe it should,” he said. “But it doesn’t. I wrote the White Stripes songs myself. It always felt like the two of us covering my songs.”

We headed for Third Man, where White was squeezing in a quick rehearsal. He’d assembled two new bands for the record — one of them all women, the other all men. He was taking both on tour, but only one would perform each night. He wasn’t announcing which until the morning of the show — even the bands would be surprised. He’d barred them from listening to each other, because he wanted them to evolve separately.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 12:03 PM

He also said in one of the British mags, I can't remember, that he might not even decide till close to show time which band will perform.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 12:10 PM

I do love all the FACTS here. Because of course everyone here is actually Jack White and knows exactly what he is doing. Laughable fools.

Only fact here is that it is one band for each show.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 12:12 PM

He also has a third band that is all transvestites.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 12:32 PM

1212 it is also a FACT that Meg White didn't write any of the white stripes songs.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 1:55 PM

^Even in the Cold Cold Night and Passive Manipulation?

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 2:11 PM

^ yes, even the songs where meg does vocals.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 3:18 PM

I tried to get tickets for this, but instead some pussy who couldn't wait a 15 minute break left early....great.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 4:06 PM

I'm guessing that most people that left early probably didn't have to pay to go to the show in the first place.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 4:18 PM

great show, but i hate when webster gets that packed. that's all.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 4:25 PM

Out of curiosity, did the Black Belles in fact open for JW on Friday night? I showed up around 8:45 and no one was on stage. I know they were supposed to open but I can't seem to find any reference to them actually playing. If they did in fact play, how were they?

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2012 10:06 PM

If an opening band plays, and no one blogs about it, did the opening band ever play?

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 8:08 AM

Yeah they played but the only person that cared was a fat kid in a neon green shirt and wearing a bowler hat. He was rocking out pretty hard.

They were fairly underwhelming in my opinion.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 9:09 AM

Got my hopes up for a minute because I thought it said "cancelled" on the digital red banner.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 10:19 AM

Jack Shit > Jack White

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 10:50 AM

This post turned out pretty good..

Posted by BIG WURM | May 1, 2012 11:22 AM

The fat kid got escorted out of the building about 3-4 songs into Jack's set. You could definitely see it coming. I felt bad for his gf (for many reasons) who followed him out.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 11:34 AM

is this fat kid thing true? i was a bit too far back to see it, but i wanna know more.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 11:35 AM

Can't say I'm surprised. He was over by the merch table while the Black Belles were on, pretty much going crazy. I can only imagine how he acted once Jack White came out.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 11:48 AM

Wait people actually left during that intermission?...you are fucking stupid. The second half was 50 times better than the beginning (no offence ladies, but it's true). I'm actually stunned that people couldn't wait that long...

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 12:02 PM