Posted in metal | music | pictures on April 10, 2012

photos by Stephanie Crumley, words by BBG

Midnight @ Acheron
Midnight

The hooded Venom-worshipping trio known as Midnight played Acheron on 4/7, inciting pits and setting leather jackets on fire as part of their incendiary live show. The Cleveland band were joined by sleaze-metal favorites Villains (who played with Bone Awl the night before) as well as Richmond's Parasytic and NYC's own Trenchgrinder. Here are some pictures video from the show.

In other news, Villains will join beer-metal band Superchrist on April 23rd when the band hits Saint Vitus. Tickets are on sale. Superchrist, who recently played a show in Chicago (check out the pics), is welcoming their new LP Holy Shit this May via Hell's Headbangers and you can stream the new song "Take Me To The Graveyard", along with the pics, below....

Trenchgrinder

Villains

Villains

Villains

Villains

More trash. Has nothing to do with YTINASNIL

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 3:11 PM

What a bunch of shitty photos not a clear one in the bunch...
I'm assuming it was that poser chic that was standing on the stage the whole night..

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 3:15 PM

male tramp stamp? not a good look sausage...

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 3:20 PM

^ Careful that your parents don't catch you whacking off to that.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 3:25 PM

^nasty

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 3:55 PM

They really are terrible photos!

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 3:59 PM

that tramp stamp tat may be the lamest tat ever.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 4:03 PM

take up space on stage all fucking night for these shitty fotos? get it together or stay the fuck off the stage.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 4:05 PM

3:35pm CBGB is back? Really?

I thought it was some rich kids' clubhouse the parents and no one working for a salary paid the rent on.

Try a cleaner ABC No Rio.

CBGB pssshhhhh. Get back to me with that bullshit when real hardcore and metal bands from NY play this place.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 5:21 PM

Uh oh, did they double book Vitus on the 23rd? Young Widows/Pygmy Lush is that night.

Posted by JT | April 10, 2012 5:21 PM

LOL @ these herbs pretending to be hardcore kids.

Like I said, a cleaner ABC No Rio, but with even bigger douchebags.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 5:36 PM

Learn how to fucking focus. That shit might have flown with Terrorizer in 2007, but come on.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 5:45 PM

Bigger LOL @ people complaining about the quality of the photos.

Glen E. Friedman didn't shoot this shit, some fan did.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 5:53 PM

D is having a conversation w/ himself.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 5:55 PM

D as in dms. Glad his shit has no place at the acheron.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 6:05 PM

Try all you bitches are afraid to have a conversation with me.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 6:08 PM

6:05pm I'm DMS? LOL.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 6:11 PM

D have you found a therapist yet? I mean, you have full benefits...

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 6:11 PM

Have you found a username and the balls to post under it yet?

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 6:13 PM

D, lets hear those real metal and hc bands from nyc. I'm listening.....

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 6:25 PM

how are they trying to be "hardcore" kids fggt?
you obviously dont know anything u gay faggot.
that trampstamp rules also fagts

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 6:26 PM

6:25pm You know who's out there, and if you don't go find them yourself after you go fuck yourself.

6:26pm Ummmm, by doing what hardcore kids do (which you have no clue about or are playing dumb)...to a bunch of metal bands, closet homosexual.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 6:32 PM

Yeah didnt think you'd actually have anything constructive to contribute. Thanks for confirming you mongo. You must be that pussy that let himself get kicked out by one of those photog stage potatos at the yout of today show.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 6:50 PM

6:32 please explain

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 6:52 PM

6:50pm 'Sorry to verify that your fantasy is that, but I wasn't at YOT.

Mongo? Typical suburban/transplant nerdass namecall. You're another pussy posting under "Anonymous".

6:52pm No.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 7:03 PM

D makes $28 an hour

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 7:25 PM

These photos suck.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 8:30 PM

$38 an hour plus benefits to your $0 an hour plus parents paying.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 8:57 PM

Seriously though D, who are the real hardcore and metal bands of NY? I'm not 6:25, I legitimately want to know.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2012 11:38 PM

Not the shit that's being booked at Acheron No Rio.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 11:50 PM

Probaly the realest NYxHC band is Murphys Law.

Posted by D | April 10, 2012 11:51 PM

Yeah, I got that from the first 5 times you said it. Any new bands, or are all the real bands from the 80s?

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 12:34 AM

so everyone is into goats now?
shit's about 30 years too late.
nevermind I guess that makes sense.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 12:39 AM

male tramp stamps aint cool

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 1:03 AM

@11:51 did you see the woody allen movie 'midnight in paris?' it's about the cliché that all people feel that nothing now is real. it's a pretty funny movie, i think you'd like it. there's lots of good new music, you just have to put down the pretension that anyone who goes to shows thats younger than you has no authority b/c you've seen more/done more etc. You'll just be left with a bunch of 'remember when' stories, and those are the lowest form of conversation.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 10:52 AM

PS. murphys law does rule

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 10:53 AM

D posts out of the "NYHC Tattoo" backroom/fridge area. Go smoke some more pot in the basement, loser.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 10:59 AM

^D works at C-Town

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 11:21 AM

Glen Friedman shot from the crowd mostly, and took good fotos. don't stand on the stage THE WHOLE FUCKING NIGHT until you learn how to use the camera, gal.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 1:29 PM

Too bad NYHC is dead because there are no new bands or originality, it's just old bands doing reunions (or they never quit).

I respect bands like SOIA and AF, but NY's blood is being tainted by transplant hipsters. NY will never get the reputation it once had back.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 2:03 PM

^sausage rage

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 2:13 PM

Friedman's great and let us not forget Colver:

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 2:56 PM

lol, NYHC sucked the first time around. glad that shit is DEAD! not talking about killer bands like The Abused but about the no-brains crap that followed.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 2:56 PM

YOT=CT
GB=LI
Bad Brains=DC
...
so the 80's were "tainted by transplant" too, its the history of NY

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 5:59 PM

...and roger miret was born in cuba

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 5:59 PM

LOL @ 11:51pm posting as me. Get a life bro. Murphy's Law has sucked for two decades now. Bigger LOL that 10:52pm thinks it's me. I'm not into "remember when" shit - wrong guy. Maybe you should stop being a hypocrite who brings age into this if you're so not into older people saying how younger people don't know shit (of which I'm not one.) It's not cool for an old dude to go off on young'ns but it's cool for the young'ns to make it a point that the old dudes are old? Fuck that double standard.

12:34pm 'Never said the only real NYHC bands were from the '80s, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. Now put your fingers powered by your peabrain and go find NYHC bands yourself, for the sixth time. Oh wait, you haven't a fucking clue how, so just admit you're a clueless ass just picking a comments board fight with me neither of us will win.

2:03pm What you wrote is a whole other ball of wax. Acheron No Rio only supports the NY bands Ian Dickson books.

Both 5:59pms (same clueless wiseass) Vinny Stigma AF's founder is from NYC, original AF vocalist John Watson is from NYC, Adam Mucci the bassist on the United Blood ep is from NYC, Raybeez (RIP) was from NYC. Civ, Arthur, and possibly Luke from GB are from Queens, I know Arthur is if the other one or two isn't (Walter might be the only Long Islander.) Nice try though. Actually bad try, you're an idiot. When you have at least one member from NYC born and raised, you're a real NYHC band. I never said Bad Brains was from NYC let alone mentioned them. Bad Brains isn't NYHC cuz they're from DC like YOT isn't true NYHC cuz they're from CT.

Posted by D | April 11, 2012 7:26 PM

2:56pm Somebody stopped following NYHC after 1983.

Posted by D | April 11, 2012 7:30 PM

was about time someone laid out the ground rules for what is and what isn't NYHC. class A entertainment right here. you NYHC people are really as dumb as they say. good thing that these days they only let you out of your mom's basement once a year for the backwardsass & blue bowl.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 9:48 PM

$38/hr won't afford no therapist, amirite?

Posted by | April 11, 2012 9:54 PM

10:52 I can think of an even lower form of conversation...

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 11:11 PM

9:48pm Who's "they"? Cowardly bitches like you who won't post under a name? Yep.

I agree with you on the BNB Bowl. Rancid headlining a so-called "superbowl of hardcore" LOL.

9:54pm No therapist needed for me. You, however, need one, to be so obsessed with me.

Posted by D | April 11, 2012 11:24 PM

Let D smoke!

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2012 11:46 PM

The most hilarious thing here isn't whether a certain image looks reminiscent of CB's or that these photos might not be the greatest or who is and how isn't NYC born and raised, but D thinking he isn't one of us anonymous clowns. THAT is fucking hilarious. please continue with your shenanigans. You my friend are highly entertaining. Not even talking about your inability to name a single current NYC Simply talking (fake) 'persona' here. You rule. Please post in more threads. It turns dry and slow days into pure comedy gold.

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2012 10:07 AM

The most hilarious thing here isn't whether a certain image looks reminiscent of CB's or that these photos might not be the greatest or who is and who isn't NYC born and raised, but D thinking he isn't one of us anonymous clowns. THAT is fucking hilarious. Please continue with your shenanigans. You my friend are highly entertaining. Not even talking about your inability to name a single current NYC band. Simply talking (fake) 'persona' here. You rule. Please post in more threads. It turns dry and slow days into pure comedy gold.

Posted by d | April 12, 2012 10:09 AM

I went to high school with Arty in LONG ISLAND, same HS as CIV.

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2012 12:12 PM

D is a fountain of misinformation.

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2012 12:30 PM

10:07am I'm not an anonymous clown, Anonymous clown. I'm one of the few people who have the guts to post in BV comments under the same username. I could give two fucks about fake personas on here.

12:12pm So Arthur and Civ are from LI along with Walter? Well ya know what? If Luke wasn't from NYC either then it was dumb of GB to call themselves NYHC when they were LIHC like it was dumb of YOT to call themselves NYHC and dumb of people to call Bad Brains NYHC (since BB themselves never called themselves that.) AF, however, is NYHC simply cuz Vinny Stigma the founder is from the city born and raised.

My logic behind the "no native New Yorker, not a NYHC band" is simply would five guys from NYC born and raised start a hardcore band and call themselves LIHC? No. So why do LI people start hardcore bands but call their shit NYHC? Because they jock NYC. I'm amused not angry by it.

12:30pm I'm a fountain of information, deal with it.

Posted by D | April 12, 2012 3:47 PM

D 420!

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2012 4:10 PM

"playin' hahdcouh fer da blue guy."

-john porcelly

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2012 5:24 PM

he COULD give two fucks, guys!

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2012 6:16 PM

CouldN'T. Thanks for pointing out my typo, dickhead.

Posted by D | April 12, 2012 7:57 PM

Burden of proof lies on the accuser. If you honestly can't name a single "real" band you're just full of shit.

Posted by I have the "guts" to go by a single letter | April 13, 2012 1:13 AM

I don't need to "name a single real band", asswipe, or answer questions the wiseass asking them knows the answer to but wants to play dumb like he doesn't know.

Yeah I go by a username, you should try it sometime, only do it throughout comments in all entries like I do.

Who the fuck are any of you to say I'm anonymous when you post anonymously or post under a non-username which shows you're asshurt over what I write?

Posted by D | April 13, 2012 6:00 AM

D still thinking he is not anonymous dipshit material is one of the BV highlights of the year so far. Link your non registered nick to a facebook account or something else that's 'personal'. that'd make it semi non-anonymous. Any asshole can post under "D" on BV. There is no registration process, you do understand that, right?! Read and comprehend, idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2012 9:36 AM

YTINASNIL LIVES!!!!!!!

YTINASNIL LIVES
YTINASNIL LIVES
YTINASNIL LIVES

Rejoice YTINASNIL LIVES

Posted by D | April 13, 2012 1:05 PM

"If you don't know I'm not going to tell you" is a child's argument.

Posted by I have the "guts" to go by a single letter | April 13, 2012 3:56 PM

CouldN'T. Thanks for pointing out my typo, dickhead.

Posted by Galaxy | April 14, 2012 5:22 PM

This is really crazy, like it!

Posted by feather earrings | June 13, 2012 9:08 AM