Posted in metal | music | tour dates on April 17, 2012

Zounds at Punk Island 2011 (more by Sarah Coulter)
Zounds

ABC No Rio's HC/Punk Collective has brought back the 2012 edition of Punk Island, a day-long punk festival happening on Governors Island on June 24th (three days after Make Music New York this year). As always, Punk Island is entirely free but they rely on donations and volunteers to make it happen. Make your contribution to the cause (the fest costs $15k to produce) by buying merch or contributing via WePay.

Initial Punk Island lineup, including the reunited crust band Thulsa Doom who recently got back together to open for Crass at Santos, is below.

PUNK ISLAND 2012 LINEUP (so far)
Two-Man Advantage
Suburban Grass
Spoilage
Banji
xPassagex
Dead//Beat
more bands tba

Is YTINASNIL going to be there? If not, no one cares.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 12:31 PM

Possibly the ugliest bunch of people in one place.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 12:32 PM

YTINASNIL sucks

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 12:34 PM

YTINASNIL lives

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 12:38 PM

ive been listening to punk rock since 1991 and never heard of these bands.

are they high school kids? still a great idea.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 12:45 PM

HELL YEAH

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 12:57 PM

can't wait for this sh*t!
VIVA LA PUNK F*CKING ROCK

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Making the trip to punk rock bowling this year. Club lineup announced sunday....

Posted by Bono & the Edge | April 17, 2012 1:16 PM

Who are these baNds?

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:22 PM

will there be a shuttle bus from c-spot?

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:29 PM

Who?

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:30 PM

My favorite part is getting searched by the federal government first. Enjoy, slaves!

Posted by nygrump | April 17, 2012 1:33 PM

this looks terrible. abc no rio put this crap on and they booked sworn enemy? sounds like bs. ugh.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:38 PM

Looks to me like the old old school puck rockers Two Man Advantage are going to be teaching the young pups a thing or two about punk rock.

Can't wait.

Posted by LimestoneKid | April 17, 2012 1:46 PM

So far... Two Man Advantage and Warfear are the bands to see... and no theyre not high school kids.

Posted by tAp | April 17, 2012 1:48 PM

1231, except the opposite

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:49 PM

looks more like faggot island to me

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:52 PM

I love punk! But, who the hell are these assclowns?

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:53 PM

Two Man Advantage is by far the most rockin' & seasoned of the bunch. I'm all the way in Maine and even I have heard of some of these bands. It's not like punk is mainstream, if you haven't heard their music, quit yer complaining and look em up or better yet listen in person & support the scene.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 1:59 PM

these kids are in for a shock to their young undeveloped senses when they come face to face with the two man crew

Posted by Carlos Mata | April 17, 2012 2:06 PM

Two Man Advantage will melt your face.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 2:08 PM

IDES, EMETIC, SUBURBAN GRASS.
THAT NEW JERSEY PUNK

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 2:14 PM

Haha, holy shit. Ya know the funny thing is that I remember commenting that none of the bands last year were familiar to me. And now the same goes for this year too! Whadda coincidence!

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 2:32 PM

Sworn Enemy? Who the hell thought that was a good idea? It's called Punk Island, not "Used to be Tough Guy Hardcore, Then Changed to Metalcore Because It Was Popular to the Ozzfest Crowd" Island.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 2:50 PM

haha, 2:50! winner winner!

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 3:01 PM

Truth:

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 3:23 PM

punk who island?

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 3:44 PM

When the hell is someone going to invent some kind of thing where if you want to know who a band etc is, you can search their name and find info about them???

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 3:52 PM

they already have, it's called the internet.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 4:14 PM

I do not imagine I will be getting 4x face on the secondary market for tickets to see these no names play.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 4:31 PM

I like the one bottle of water in the photo for everyone in the audience.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 4:33 PM

Thanks 4:14 - I just checked out the internet. TONS of info on that thing!

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 4:45 PM

i think it's really great that all these guys can go to Fire Island for this festival.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2012 4:56 PM

Let me insert my back in the day ramble and make this a piece about me. It ain't a punk show if I can't smell Jayne's syphilitic prick.

Posted by Narcissistic Cunt | April 17, 2012 8:03 PM

--------------------------------

Word. Fuck this band.

LOL @ Sworn Enemy on this. SOOOOO washed up, but not really cuz washed up means they would've had to have been someone when all they were was a propped up and even NAMED by Jamey Jasta Hatebreed from day one metal band who used hardcore to get somewhere else. Since when were they punk? Hang it up fellas, you, Full Blown Chaos, and Endwell.

It's Sworn Enemy in name only cuz Lorenzo Antonucci who wrote all the music and co-founded the band with Sal "I Front Like I'm From Queen But Really Am From Massapequa, Long Island" Lococo isn't in the band anymore.

This band has about as much to do with punk or hardcore as Godsmack at this point. All they're doing is crawling back to a scene they ditched five years ago and were never really part of.

Posted by D | April 18, 2012 12:29 AM

Bigger LOL that they want/need $15K to produce this shitfest. Fuck off. Enough with the handout mentality in hardcore punk, besides that $15K could be used for alot more useful things in and outside of underground music like a record store, a venue etc.

And how much are the bands being paid out of this $15K?

Someone wants to pocket and easy grand or more on this hmmmm????

You want to produce a free outdoor "punk" concert? Throw one at Tompkins Square Park like someone is doing in June, I think. 'Bet they didn't need anywhere close to $15K.

Punk Island where you need a permit from he government who owns the land to throw it. Priceless. ABC No Rio is soooo countercultural and revolutionary, aren't they? Oh some Higher Force make them fucking go away, plllease!!!!! LOL.

Fuck this shit.

Posted by D | April 18, 2012 12:43 AM

D is 39 years old and still cares about this stupid shit :(

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2012 12:48 AM

Sorry, not 39, so what if I was? So obsessed with how old I am, stalker. I'm surprised you didn't mention that I live in Queens and make $X an hour - you're slipping, stalker, LOL.

'Pretty funny your panties are in a bunch over what I wrote so much you felt the need to not only refer to me but post FIVE minutes after I posted. Then again that's what all BV stalkers do LOL.

'Walking around jerking off to your Blackberry or iPhone dipshit?

Posted by D | April 18, 2012 12:58 AM

jesus christ D get a fucking life u knob.

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2012 3:14 AM

If anyone should get a life it's you because if I have no life what does that say about you, you fucking jackass?

'Don't like what I post? Don't read it. At least I post under a name unlike 99.9% of you.

Posted by D | April 18, 2012 5:44 AM

I think Michael Sosa could take D in a fight.

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2012 8:20 AM

Trust us...even if you didn't post under the "name" D (like that's somehow less anonymous), we would still recognize your moronic, ranting writing style.

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2012 8:54 AM

Bill: D, did you see the Knicks game last night? Great win!

D: Fuck the Knicks. They play at Madison Square Garden. When was the last time MSG had a hardcore punk show? blah blah blah blah blah........

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2012 9:33 AM

"I think it's really great that all these guys can go to Fire Island for this festival."

Hmmmm, hipster recommended it seems. Plenty of hazy, wet, dripping experiences to reminisce I take it, trendy boy?

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2012 9:33 AM

LOL - Loving these D posts. Keep 'em coming!

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2012 1:46 PM

8:54pm

I'm not anonymous, fu ckface, I'm posting under a username which is the first letter of my real name, but keep crying about my posts.

9:33pm

LOL @ you saying shows at Death By Audio and Acheron No Rio the venues you're still as shurt that I took a dump on in BV comments sections are like great Knicks wins, especially when the only great things about Knicks wins is the Knicks actually won since they barely eighth seed at best su ck di ck.

Posted by D | April 19, 2012 12:09 AM

^yeah how could you be anonymous? Your fist name begins with D!!! That really whittles it down.

What a fucking blowhard moron.

Unbelievable.

Posted by Anonymous | April 19, 2012 12:27 AM

It's better than Anonymous. That doesn't whittle it down at all.

Keep crying. Truth hurts doesn't it bitch?

Posted by D | April 19, 2012 12:48 AM

^D sits upon the world's tiniest high horse

Posted by Anonymous | April 19, 2012 12:51 AM

Hey knucklehead no need to put the ^ in your smarmy comment.

I'm on no "high horse" of any kind. I've struck a nerve in you and you can't deal with it, you fall apart with insults and cheapshots. That goes for all of you who insult and take cheapshots at me.

Maybe you ought to state what you think/feel like I do instead of worry about what others think/feel.

Posted by D | April 19, 2012 1:14 AM

D 4:20

Posted by Anonymous | April 19, 2012 1:28 AM

Wow, I remember when punk was about music. Now it's about punks trying to out-punk each other on a message board. The concert is free and may see a new band you like in the process. And for those "punks" who never heard of 2 Man, ask your ninth grade teacher tomorrow when you're in school.

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2012 6:09 PM

Wow, You're all just a bunch of whiny 20' somethings.

just shut the fuck up and enjoy the music.
If you don't like it, don't go. No skin off my back.

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2012 9:01 PM