Posted in comedy | music | pictures on May 21, 2012

photos by Chris La Putt

Hall & Oates & Peelander-Z - in Prospect Park (5/20/2012)
Peelander-Z

Unlike Chris (who took these pictures), I didn't get to the Nethermead until 5pm, but what I saw was consistent with reports that the second day of GoogaMooga was free of a lot of the kinks experienced on Saturday. Lines were shorter on Sunday, there was more food, there were maybe a few less people, and everyone just generally seemed to be having a great time. Conversations on the first day were all about how long you had to wait to get something. Conversations on the second day seemed to be more about how much better things were, and how awesome it was to hear Hall & Oates play 80 minutes of hits in a huge park on a beautiful day to thousands of people, many of whom were dancing and singing along. Sure there were still lines for popular items, but nothing like the day before, and there were a lot less of them (would you agree?).

Other highlights of Sunday's free but ticketed event included a memorable performance by colorful punks Peelander-Z (whose red member can be seen flying over a porta-potty in one of the pictures above), a rocking set of Led Zeppelin tunes by Lez Zeppelin, soul by both Charles Bradley and Fitz & the Tantrums, another hour ExtraMooga Q&A session by the extremely entertaining, even to vegans, Anthony Bourdain who went into detail on his opinions of vegetarians at the request of one audience member (Anthony appears live in Brooklyn again at BAM on June 9), and an ExtraMooga night-closing Big Gay Ice Cream Dance Party complete with a DJ, alien dancer things, drag queens, free ice and ice cream, and scantily clad stilt workers (also ExtraMooga only).

The plan seems to be to bring GoogaMooga back in 2013 (hopefully next time with more vegan options), so stay tuned. More pictures from Sunday in Prospect Park, below...

Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Noshing with Pattons Oswalt, Tom Colicchio, and Eddie Huang

Noshing with Pattons Oswalt, Tom Colicchio, and Eddie Huang

Noshing with Pattons Oswalt, Tom Colicchio, and Eddie Huang

Noshing with Pattons Oswalt, Tom Colicchio, and Eddie Huang

Fitz & the Tantrums

Lez Zeppelin

Anthony Bourdain (pics not by Chris)

Hall & Oates

more pics not by Chris...

GoogaMooga

Big Gay Ice Cream Dance Party...

GoogaMooga

Whoever paid $250 for Saturday got ripped off. How was Extra Mooga on Sunday?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:34 AM

Are people really interested in what a cook has to say?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:41 AM

Lol @ white People

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:43 AM

Meat eaters smell bad.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:30 AM

the place looks lovely, it seams like a lot of fun

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 3:09 AM

I am appalled!!!
I went to this "food festival" and I didn't even see a single place selling "the champagne of deliciousness", "the mighty tan paste", "the phyto-nutient power spread", "the chickpea mash".

How could these promoters not offer us the one substance that sustains our culture?

FAIL.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 3:34 AM

Bleached Assholes

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 4:08 AM

Oates should have kept the mustache.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 7:28 AM

Sunday was infinitely better than Saturday. But even still, it's a free show. People shouldn't whine.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 7:33 AM

I had fun on Saturday, and came back to hear Hall & Oates outside the gate on Sunday. The weather could not have been better all weekend. Saturday was a bit of a cluster fuck, but I would welcome this back again. I imagine v 2.0 will be a much smoother experience. Hope so, anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:00 AM

Meh

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:06 AM

Wow...the lead singer of Escort in the yellow pants is HOT! But WTF is that thing that the person in the Hall & Oates crowd is holding up? It looks like a severed limb. Yuck!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:40 AM

I was there both days and the lines were NOT an issue. I was able to get either (good) wine or beer by waiting in a single line for two minutes max. Also, the sight lines for every band were excellent (even if one or two were not my cup of tea) and the conversations were funny and piqued my interest (and appetite!). I have lived in New York City for over ten years and I think this was one of the funnest and best-run festivals -- hope they bring it back next year! The whole crowd was having a good time -- anyone who says otherwise was not there. Bravo, GoogaMooga!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:41 AM

I was there too and I second what 8:41 said. The bands were great yesterday and diverse. Definitely a good time and I can't wait for next year.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:42 AM

I went both Saturday and Sunday. I had fun both days. Obviously many/most of the complainers on here have never been to a "Taste Of ____" event, or they would have realistic (mature) expectations on such an event. This was a glorified "Taste Of New York" event, only with better aesthetics and good (not great) music.

Just the same, if you still find yourself unable to see any good in this event then you are either unrealistic in your life outlook or you couldn't get tickets and feel compelled to inflict others with your bitterness. Either way, you are a person I am glad we didn't encounter while we were having a blast with many friends both days.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:49 AM

L.I.N.S.A.N.I.T.Y.....L.I.V.E.S @ Googa Mooga!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:52 AM

MADAH TIGAH! MADAH TIGAH!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:56 AM

Left before Hall & Oats. alcohol + bright sun + large crowds = never ends well. Lez Sep made me want to be in a band again though.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:57 AM

8:41, I'm glad you had such a great, but you are on crack. 2 mins max for a drink? No way, José.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:59 AM

Dear Googa Mooga PR team at 8:41 and 8:42,

Stop posting the same exact thing everywhere on social media. At least mix it up a little. There was nowhere that beer lines were 2 minutes max.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:59 AM

I thought 8:41's comment went much smoother this time than when he posted the exact same thing in yesterday's comments.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:02 AM

Dear Anonymous Shut-In Troll Who Spent An Entire Weekend In Doors While We All Had A Blast In The Sun,

Get a life, son.

That is all.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:06 AM

Yeah, there is no way that anyone had a different experience than what I believe happened (since I wasn't there). They must be lying. Glad we got that cleared up. Now, back to my bubble in mommy's basement.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:09 AM

Oh FUCK it stings to get called out, huh troll? ZING!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:10 AM

WHO-AH HE-YAH EES-AH MIKE? THEES-AH SONG-AH FO YEW .... TOO MANY MIKE!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:12 AM

The Anonymous Shut-In Troll actually went on Sunday. It was pretty fun. Had to eat and drink beforehand which sort of defeats the purpose of a food and beverage festival. But the music was nice. And the sight lines WERE excellent. Oh and how my interest and appetite was piqued!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:12 AM

I had a great time on Sunday. The lines were long, but not unbearably so.

I'd definitely go back next year.

Disclaimer: I live in Park Slope, and left for a few hours in the afternoon to get drunk in my apartment.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:13 AM

Eat a dick 9:06

Posted by Anonymous Shut-In Troll | May 21, 2012 9:15 AM

Sunday > Saturday. Overall the whole thing was well organized (once they accepted cash instead of tickets) and the overall vibe was really positive. Remember people, it was free. Can't really ask for much more.

Posted by Brinkman | May 21, 2012 9:25 AM

Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. HODOR. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor.

Posted by Hodor | May 21, 2012 9:29 AM

Sunday was a vastly superior experience. Not a great job planning ahead of time by the GM team, but credit for adapting on the fly. They saw the problems and fixed them quickly. Had a great time, will definitely be back in '13

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:42 AM

guy with pants around his ankles looks to have some decent hang-low.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:51 AM

i can't believe how many hits hall & oates have, they were kicking out the jams last night

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:52 AM

Did anyone go to Extra Mooga?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:54 AM

Googa Mooga on Saturday was the first concert I ever attended. I had fun but can't really compare it to other events since this was my first. I will go to more concerts now and hope to see some more live music soon. Can anyone recommend other free music festivals? I will travel as far North as southern Vermont.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:57 AM

8:41-8:49 are totally shills and should fuck off. It's annoying that the organizers haven't apologized for Saturday, at the least to the people who paid $250, but also to people who feel they had a really shitty summer day. I'm not saying it's the worst thing - but to the "it's free shut up" people, fuck you. If they gave up a Saturday where they could've done a ton of other shit and got fucked by that experience they deserve to complain, and I think the fest should apologize instead of planting fucking shills on this board and elsewhere to try to counter the legitimate complaints.

Having written that - I went both days. I don't drink so Saturday wasn't a big deal for me but people (drinkers) looked miserable and were put through the ringer. Sunday everyone was clearly having fun. I arrived early both days and getting food was incredibly easy up until at least 1 or 2pm both days if not later. Even when crowded there was always booths with short or no lines if you were willing to wander and look and weren't picky.

Smaller stage was great. Sight lines, sound, everything. Main stage was meh. Really retarded barricades were setup from the sound board on that split the crowd into four sections. Guards walked these empty pathways that created the split. It was weird and distancing and pointless. I think it was to separate the pay from free people but there has to be a better way that makes the stage feel less like an Iraqi war zone.

Overall we had fun both days and would go back next year if it happens again.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 10:01 AM

9:57 is the most adorable comment I've ever read on this!

There is free music at Prospect Park that's really good. Free Music at Summerstage. You might also consider Northside Festival which has a trillion shows happening over a week or so, but it costs somewhere between $50-100 dollars. I think those are your best options exploring music in the city. Avoid the big randalls island concerts.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 10:03 AM

Thank you to the person who responded at 10:03 AM.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 10:20 AM

Also free music at South St Seaport and River to River fest in Manhattan.

Siren Fest @ Coney Island is free. enjoy.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 10:42 AM

got 2 sunday xtra mooga tickets for free...generally i had a great time. Would have felt somewhat ripped off if id paid 250 bucks a pop because there was just not enough food vendors and you had to push to get more than just a taste of whatever you wanted to eat.

the good: speed wine tasting of 24 wines (as much as u wanted) i drank at least 100 bucks worth of wine, had one of the best burgers ever, great cocktails and lots of booze vendors, moritmoto filleting a 200 lb tuna was cool

bad: stupid oyster shucking contest that took an hour then you could only get oysters 2 at a time, simply not enough food vendors, they def made it sound like you would have access to all food for free but your options were very limited.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 10:44 AM

the charbroiled chicken sandwich i got (forgot which vendor) was literally the best thing I've ever eaten in my life.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 10:51 AM

Enough about this crap already. It was not that big of a deal. A fucking overpriced food and drink fiasco with A few not earth shattering pieces of music.

Move on. Nothing to see here

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:04 AM

i very much enjoyed watching unchained on the smaller stage

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:09 AM

the little guy from Hall and Oats looks like Baba Booey

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:15 AM

Either day of this event was forgettable about 1 minute after you walked out of the gates

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:15 AM

8:41 written like a publicist

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:17 AM

8:42 is the other publicist sitting right next to the first one at the office.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:18 AM

11:15 is 22 years old. Baba Booey looks like John Oats.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:18 AM

Good times on Sunday - more of a food festival with music than a music festival with food.

Posted by GW | May 21, 2012 11:21 AM

10:01 - 8:49 here - you need to explain to me how I was shilling. If you see me as one of the shilsl, I think you need to take a hard look in your own mirror. So, *nice**deep***breath**** and let me know.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:36 AM

therez some fine white girl booty at dis joint son. Idah went Idah been slammin somma dat!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:38 AM

11:17 = 11:18 = the guy who claims that all the posts with viewpoints different from his own are the work of one person. Miss those douchechills, do ya brah?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:55 AM

all those comments and NOT one about the hummus situation...what gives bv???

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:04 PM

"Remember people, it was free. "

Some people paid $250.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:14 PM

^ very few, and I'm gonna take a shot in the dark you weren't one of them ... so what's your bitch?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:15 PM

it was free it was a nice day Hall & Oats blah blah blah

I'm glad you waited on lines, endured music you weren't crazy about and saw a fire breathing pig in a crowded area of the park.

To each his/her own.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:21 PM

It's only a big deal because the promotors in their advertising and promotion and interviews made it so.

In reality, no it wasn't a big deal

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:23 PM

Hall & Oates were pretty damn good

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:30 PM

12:21/12:23 once had a girlfriend, she wanted to go out, he complained about the 15 minute wait for a table at Tabla so he brought her to McDonalds for food and sat down in Madison Square Park by the drunks. Sadly, she didn't share his value of thrift. I know this because I banged her, well, last night.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:30 PM

I never thought that tribute bands could be fun, but I have to agree that Unchained and Lez Zeppelin were both a lot of fun.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:32 PM

"it was free and a nice day in all the other parts of the park where I brought my affordable food with me and spread out with lots of room and listened to my own music of choice."

GOOD FOR YOU! Here's a gold star

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:33 PM

This might be too little too late to post right now as it seems like the discussion is dying out, but I want to give another perspective about Saturday. I saw everything go down that day, I was a volunteer. The amount of people who were downright rude or angry with me, the -volunteer- was astonishing. We volunteers didn't have any pre-show training, and I bet I wasn't the only volunteer who didn't know about the beer machine fiasco right away. Actually, the way I found out was a super pissed off guy telling me that I actually knew about the beer machine fiasco, but I was just trying to play it cool. I can't be the only one who had angry people coming up to them asking why we couldn't fix the lines, the beer, the world, the universe, etc. I will completely admit, the situation was fucked, and the event was really mismanaged on Saturday, but I just wish when I told people: "yes, management knows what's going on, I haven't gotten word yet on the solution, I'm really sorry." they would have been cool with me, instead of asking me what I would personally do for them. Dude, I'm an untrained volunteer, I'm not authorized to do anything except for essentially hand out maps, and give out basic information about food and directions.

I guess I'm just sick of seeing all these posts about how the event completely ruined lives on Saturday. I was just a volunteer, I was planning on having fun too. But thanks to many angry event-goers, my Saturday sucked as well.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:44 PM

12:44 to add to your frustrations....

What I don't really understand at all after reading all these complaints is ...

If the event was free and you weren't having a good time/were pissed off at the managing of the event/found the lines too long/didn't have music you were crazy about, etc etc etc WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST PICK YOURSELF UP AND LEAVE????????

It was free, you didn't pay to get in, why not just leave and go do something else?

Why stay and be miserable and then post your frustrations afterwards?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:53 PM

yes, I was wondering that also. Since it was such a beautiful day and you were already in a beautiful park surrounded by some nice neighborhoods bordering the park with some choice restaurants, if the scene inside was a long line shitshow, why not just abandon it and go to the rest of the park to relax and go to park slope to eat and drink?

Were you being forced to stay there and wait on long lines? You didn't pay anything to get in, so you wouldn't have lost by leaving. And you had to pay for the food anyway. So why not just leave?

Do you just like to be miserable so you can complain? Or are you so caught up into the culture of being manipulated that once you were there you had to wait in line/accept being treated badly?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 12:58 PM

Hipsters/yuppies/transplants will accept anything as long as it's free has marginally acceptable or in the case of Hall & Oats, Ironic music, and overpriced designer food, and a ticketing system that makes them feel included and special.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:01 PM

what were the perks of being a volunteer at this thing? seeing as the vip swag was shit, i can't imagine you got hooked up there, and entry was free otherwise.

did they give you anything? perhaps a shirt that says, "i volunteered at the googa mooga festival and all i got was this crappy tee shirt?"

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:03 PM

12:23 here. Have a girlfriend and thankfully she was smart enough to talk me out of going to this silliness. She doesn't like McDonalds so we ate on 7th Avenue at a nice restaurant. no lines.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:04 PM

you mean they didn't even PAY the people to work there? They hired volunteers?

that takes a set...

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:06 PM

12:44 - just wanted to say thank you for being in the firing line and volunteering for such a thankless shit job. Were it not for your efforts, things could have gotten out of control right quick. I think that you need to hear this.

There is a fine line between a pissed off bourgeoisie consumer with a sense of entitlement and an actual bomb wielding terrorist. The difference is that the terrorist actually has a point to their madness, at least to themselves. The bourgeoisie pig is only concerned with his own piggy ass.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:07 PM

I really wish you children trolls would learn to wait at least 5 minutes between posts. You are so transparent it's ridiculous.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:10 PM

^
hahaa, totally. i really do think there are like one or two mega tools who just post all over this site all day long.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:12 PM

if you thought that this thing was shit and you didn't go, and now a day later you are still swinging your little dick about how superior you are since you CHOSE not to lighten up and have a good time, then I can assure you with 100% certainty you have a few hard years of therapy in your near future.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:14 PM

Volunteer here again. Nice 1:06, I thought I was done getting harassed, but I suppose not. As far as I know, most music festivals, events, etc have volunteers. Please don't make fun because I thought I'd be doing something cool. I wanted to try something new, so I signed up.

In response to the other questions, no, we were not paid in cash, but we did receive meal vouchers, which was kind of worth it. They gave us enough to be able to sample a lot of different things. I ate a lot and was able to bring some sweets home too. I don't think they were good for booze, but I didn't care, I don't like to drink at shows anyway. Besides, most vendors had their own specialty non-alcoholic concoctions, so I was satisfied.

For real, anyone try the Hornochos at the pupusa stand? I'm pretty sure I'm spelling the name of the drink wrong but goddam, was it glorious.....

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:15 PM

Volunteer again, THANK YOU 1:07. A ton. I'm not saying every single person was a dick, some people were cool, but it was like, I didn't sign up to be yelled at all day at a festival. Bummer. I really do appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:20 PM

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:27 PM

Wow. Superfly is hitting the comments section pretty heavy today. The positive comments are all fake. Guaranteed.

This was an overhyped event from Day 1. Remember the free ticket fiasco? Classic way to build hype (Bowery Presents style). If you were lucky enough to get tickets, then you had the pleasure of 17 emails from the Googa Mooga team over the last couple of months.

It speaks volumes that none of the Googa Mooga Gurus (all successful and pretty well respected) have commented publicly. Nothing from Garrett Oliver, Tom Colicchio or anyone else.

*hint to Superfly* Might want to send out a "We're sorry that we shit the bed on Saturday" email to attendees. Better than nothing.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:30 PM

1:27 here, and I don't have any affiliation with Superfly. Admittedly, Saturday was more chaotic, lines were longer, and people's overall moods were cranky as a result. But I still saw free music (which sounded great BTW, and had no problems getting a good view at either stage). And Sunday was absolutely fine. Once they started just taking cash for alcohol, everything seemed much better from there.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:52 PM

And the girls from Lucius are cute.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:53 PM

^ haa haa trolls hate it when people actually have a good time in spite of their hatred and nonsense. Haa haa troll. Haa haa.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:55 PM

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:55 PM

1:55 -- I second everything you said. Everyone I know had a great time eating food, relaxing, and enjoying the music. I know I look forward to next year's event already.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 1:56 PM

Volunteer: I wasn't harassing you I was harassing the promotors for not taking care of you when your job turned thankless. When the event turned into a badly managed shitshow they should have rewarded you or let you off the hook.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:03 PM

"My perspective on this... great weather, free music by decent bands, my choice of food and drink (even if it was a little pricey and I had to wait 10-15 minutes each time, NBD), LOTS of attractive women everywhere. What's to complain about?"

again with this defense. Really?

There were attractive women, cheaper food and just as nice weather, your choice of food and drink in the park on the other side of the fence as well, and no lines or crowds.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:05 PM

1:55 and 1:56 are like auto computer generated responses from the promotors that are repeatedly posted here in a row

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:08 PM

and there's free better music all over the park system in NYC this Spring/Summer.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:08 PM

Brooklyn has officially lost it's cool.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:09 PM

Volunteer here again: right on 2:03. Sorry for not understanding your comment. I didn't care to be rewarded or whatever, I just wish I had information to tell people, or current updates, etc. It would have made my job way more easier.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:16 PM

sorry to the volunteer. people were pissed because the festival had them spend over an hour trying to exchange cash for googa moola and getting a beer cup/carded, only to find out that googa moola was useless after 3pm and wouldn't be accepted the following day. that was one of the bigger problems.

also they should've trained you guys, honestly. like basic familiarity with the ongoings of the festival. granted that's not your fault, but maybe one of the volunteers should have spoken up and said 'how are we supposed to run this thing again?'

really though, i just feel bad for you. cog in the machine that got stripped.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:33 PM

yea what is with the Googa Mooga PR bot that is posting the same identical comment in every googa mooga thread, verbatim? that's just weird.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:35 PM

"I was there both days and the lines were not an issue. I was able to get either (good) wine or beer by waiting in a single line for a very short period. Also, the sight lines for every band were excellent and the conversations were funny and piqued my interest (and appetite!). I have lived in New York City for over fifteen years and I think this was one of the funnest and best-run festivals. I hope they bring it back next year! The whole crowd was having a GREAT time -- anyone who says otherwise was not there. Well done, GoogaMooga!"

OH WORD? What's 2+2 googabot?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:36 PM

2:05, where was the food and alcohol in the park outside of Googa? Hotdog/streetmeat vendors don't count.
And you didn't mention music, which was the reason I attended.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 2:48 PM

If you eat streetmeat you are cock-drunk

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 3:03 PM

After hearing the horror stories on Saturday I was expecting the worst on Sunday, but was pleasantly surprised to see that they'd fixed a few of the major issues from the previous day. All the beer & wine vendors were accepting cash (no more waiting in another line to get drink tickets/money) and I had no issues drinking way too many $12 beers while I enjoyed the food and music. I wanted to hate this thing, I really did, but I had a blast yesterday and hope they do it again next year.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 3:37 PM

"because the festival had them spend over an hour trying to exchange cash for googa moola and getting a beer cup/carded, only to find out that googa moola was useless after 3pm and wouldn't be accepted the following day."

this is what happens when you try and reinvent the wheel.

Whatever happened to just buying something with the freaking money in your pocket?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 4:31 PM

you enjoyed yourself after buying 'too many $12 beers'?

good for you, you know how to have a good time AND waste money.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 4:35 PM

@431 they weren't trying to reinvent the wheel. in my festival experiences, when people try to have you exchange cash for 'festival dollars,' they are only doing one thing - trying to screw you out of extra money. they want you to get stuck with this nonsense money, so you either have to spend it there, or you can't cash out your remaining money. that is literally the only reason to do this as opposed to accepting cash.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:06 PM

lol at double posted obvious pr comments by googa mooga. am i amazon reading reviews or bv?

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 2:17 AM

The promoters scammed everybody, made lots of money, and now paste propaganda statements about how great it was on Websites.

It's like they are a communist regime.

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 3:01 AM

1) This Peelander-type crap. Anyone can act like a buffoon or theater major and ham it up.

2) I don't think Victorian stilt-walkers in 1899 had a bunch of dumb tattoos.

3) Seeing these pictures makes me disgusted that I've bought tickets to three different festivals this summer.

Posted by Anonymous | May 23, 2012 8:04 PM

2) I don't think Victorian stilt-walkers in 1899 had a bunch of dumb tattoos.

4) "Funnest" is not a word, spambot.

Posted by Anonymous | May 23, 2012 8:12 PM