Posted in music | tour dates on May 30, 2012

Touche Amore at House of Vans (more by BBG)
Touche Amore

If you were curious about whether this summer would see a return of the House of Vans, the home of 2011's shows with Man Man, Superchunk, Fucked Up, Tokyo Police Club and more, wonder no more.

Vans and FYF are excited to announce the return of the Vans House Parties to Brooklyn this summer. The first installment of the free concert series will kick off live from the House of Vans (25 Franklin Street) on Wednesday, June 20th with performances by The Rapture and Tanlines, and will feature a Dave P (Making Time/Fixed NYC) DJ Set. The show will be followed by a second Vans House Party on July 12th, with performances by H20, 7 Seconds, and more. There will be four additional Vans House Parties throughout the summer on July 26th, August 2nd, August 16th, and August 29th.
Still no word on who will play any of the other parties, but we'll keep you informed.

The Rapture's last NYC stint included a pair of shows at Bowery Ballroom (pictures) and Music Hall of Williamsburg (pictures).

OH WE IN THERE

Posted by Anonymous | May 30, 2012 4:31 PM

BOOK IT MORE LIKE PS-1'S LINE UP PLEASE. WE WANNA DANCE

Posted by Anonymous | May 30, 2012 4:36 PM

Two sub par bands playing for hipsters - long live h$0

Posted by D | May 30, 2012 4:38 PM

I am so proud that my House will be hosting more shows. They are truly a Splendid Time.

Posted by Theodore Q. Vans IV | May 30, 2012 4:46 PM

the raptures are playing another free nyc show? no way!

Posted by Anonymous | May 30, 2012 4:59 PM

If you don't like 7-Seconds, you're a bonafide idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | May 30, 2012 5:15 PM

4:38pm You ain't me but you stole my thunder haha. H2Blow. The band whose "roots" were opening non-hardcore shows at Limelight they paid to play.

I wish I was a friend and ex-roadie of Sick Of It All. That way I could record a 4-song demo in one day then get to open all these big shows a few months later with no hardcore shows under our belts like H20 did.

7 Seconds was great in the early-mid '80s but have sucked dick after that.

Posted by D | May 30, 2012 5:35 PM

7 seconds is still great live and 5:35 is one of those idiots

Posted by J | May 30, 2012 6:22 PM

It's gonna be hard to top the Converge show from last year. As long as there's still free beer, I'm there

Posted by Anonymous | May 30, 2012 11:31 PM

Nah actually "J" you're one of those idiots who think H2Blow is a good band when what they were, are, and always will be is a band who got what they got cuz Toby Morse is a friend and ex-roadie of Sick Of It All.

Toby Morse is a NYHC fraud. For one, he's not from NYC, he's from Rhode Island. Two, he was a second-wave DMS thug 1990-93 along with Tim Shaw of Ensign (who got on big shows left and right cuz Tim was a friend and ex-roadie of SOIA but with no demo.) Three, the only hardcore shows in NYC Toby and Tim went to were SOIA shows they were road crew for and AF. These two never hung out on the LES or went to small-venue clubs. I never saw their faces around until 1994-95 yet they acted like they were around in the '80s.

Posted by D | May 31, 2012 1:43 AM

DICKipedia has spoken

Posted by Anonymous | May 31, 2012 7:17 AM

"7 Seconds was great in the early-mid '80s but have sucked dick after that."

I think that you are getting 7 Seconds confused with a certain frequent poster on BV who goes by a single letter for a name, amirite.

Posted by Anonymous | May 31, 2012 7:54 AM

Toby and Tim used to do serious dick moves to kids at shows. Tim, or 'toughy' as everyone in the NYHC scene calls him, has a big ole'chip on his shoulder. Toby needs to stop with the whole "The NYHC family adopted me, shout outs to:...." and move on with his life.

Although, I did love that H2O 4-song demo when it came out.

Posted by Anonymous | May 31, 2012 10:06 AM

S P I N D O C T O R S

Posted by Anonymous | May 31, 2012 12:56 PM

D- Why don't you just keep your name as anonymous? Using "D" is still hiding just like everyone else is on this board.

Posted by Anonymous | May 31, 2012 3:29 PM

Toby and Tim beat up some of you in the 90's.....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

See you at Vans!

NYHC

Posted by Anonymous | June 4, 2012 11:09 AM

Where do I fucking RSVP

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2012 10:37 AM

First and foremost. Having worked with 7 Seconds they're stand up guys with sincere passion.
Now about this show....

House of Vans did a very poor job managing the event. Doors were listed at 7pm, so it's logical to believe one should line up at this time. Upon arrival, there were literally hundreds of people still awaiting entry and finally denied by staff members claiming the space was at capacity. My problem is if the web site required your name and e-mail to RSVP, House of Vans could have easily anticipated ahead of time just how many guests were expected to arrive. The fans were hoarded off the sidewalk like cattle.

They stated the show was first come first served. If so, then why bother with the RSVP nonsense? People came from as far as Philly and were turned away, despite claiming they were online as early as 6:30pm.

Toby from H20 attempted to reason with security, but to no avail. I understand House of Vans is trying to bring something positive to the table and put on some free shows, but the execution is terrible!
I also feel the location is far out of the way and makes late night subway travel arrangements very difficult.

Posted by jeff | July 13, 2012 10:45 AM