Posted in music on May 7, 2012

Beastie Boys

Following Ad Rock's lead, Mike D posted a message and picture of his own to the Beastie Boys Facebook and blog...

I know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst it's huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up it's heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see.
Mike
He included the above picture from inside Madison Square Garden which is a nice accompaniment to our previously posted picture from outside MSG.

In related news, someone posted video of the entire benefit show the Beastie Boys played at Hiro Ballroom in 2006. Watch below...

Beastie Boys Hiro Ballroom NYC 10/4/2006 Gimme Shelter Benefit

(thanks Hiro)

damn onions.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 10:01 AM

say what you will about The Mets but they showed class on Friday night playing all Beastie Boys as each player came to the plate

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 10:50 AM

The Beastie Boys are the reason I moved to Manhattan in 95 and will never leave... unless they turn my apartment into an ATM or Duane Reade.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:02 AM

"say what you will about The Mets"

Frack you, hipster - Adam was a Mets fan, Adrock is a Mets fan, Mike is more a hoops fan but sports the logo ...

Many native NY'ers are Mets fans. Only transplant interlopers and knuckleheads from the Jankee bleachers have Mets hate.

Go back to Iowa, skunk.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:14 AM

10:50 yeah I give them props that was a nice touch!

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:17 AM

The Mets, The Knicks, The Islanders .... All blue and orange, all NY

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:21 AM

@11:14am

I couldnt agree more!

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:25 AM

At that angle is it safe to say that Mike D had 300 or 400 level seats for the game?

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:44 AM

something tells me mike d wasn't chilling at MSG on Sunday, two days after his friend died. someone else must've taken the pic.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:54 AM

It clearly says "sent to me by a friend"

Posted by Anon | May 7, 2012 12:06 PM

Bob Murphy, Lindsay Nelson, Ralph Kiner > Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 12:40 PM

Lloyd Lindsay Young > Mr. G

Posted by Buddgreen | May 7, 2012 12:54 PM

Gil Hodges > Bob Lemon

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 1:01 PM

It's Time To Turn The Page To A Brand New Chapter
Setting My Sights And You Know What I'm After
I'll Be In The Paper The News With Ernie Ernesto
They'll Even Print My Recipe For Pasta With Pesto
Now Here's Another Special Of The Day
I've Got More Spice Than The Frugal Gourmet

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 1:07 PM

You know what the best 2 things about Mets fans are?

Their abilities to tolerate loss and to be eternally patient.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 2:12 PM

I like when Mets fans get angry by someone saying "say what you will about the Mets"

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 2:20 PM

Noisy jets > Bronx crackheads

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 2:31 PM

Schickhaus Franks > The Money Store

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 2:33 PM

nobody > the wiz

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 2:45 PM

The Mets best pitcher is a raper.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 2:47 PM

I like when Yankee fans won't expose themselves, even though their bias shown here is pretty transparent.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 3:03 PM

The Jankees best pitcher likes to eat, a lot

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 3:15 PM

Meet The Mets > Da Da DaDaDaDaDaDaDa

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 3:23 PM

The Mets have 1.5 players in the HoF....lulz

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 3:24 PM

I'm a Yankees fan.

2000 bitches hahaha.

'Still crying about it, huh Mutts fans?

'Still crying that your steroids-using star catcher Mike Piazza (that cuz he turned to shit way before Posada who has never and will never be suspected of taking steroids did) and his tubby backup Todd Pratt had brainfarts on the bases in Game 1? And who was the third asshead who didn't run all out with TWO OUTS ON CONTACT in that game? Timo Perez right? I never saw a team mentally crumble in a World Series game as bad as the Mutts did that night, LOL. Bigger LOL that Perez, Alex Ochoa, and Bobby Bonilla won World Series rings after leaving the Mets (former two with the '05 Chi-Sox, Bonilla with the '97 Marlins as the guy who scored the winning run on Renteria's walkoff Series-winning RBI single.)

'Still crying that Clemens turned your entire team into his bitches after he threw a shard of bat towards Piazza and Piazza did nothing about it when he should've charged Clemens to get Clemens ejected?

Real classy, Mutts fans. So sad the team you root for (really with those suckass attendance numbers?) has 100X more class than you. Oh yeah, if you're such fans, why did the Mets have to resort to offer the game after the season opener for free to get people to come to the season opener? I know the Yanks don't have to do that.

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 3:39 PM

remember, people. ignore... just ignore.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 3:42 PM

^correct, D is on time out

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 3:47 PM

As if I needed further proof that Yankee fans can't help but froth at the mouth while simultaneously getting defensive at the slightest provocation. Like a mouse to cheese, indeed. :)

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 3:51 PM

Slightest provocation? One of you Anonymous lowlives (12:40pm) made fun of a dead man (Phil Rizzuto) who along with his late wife went down to one of the Hudson River triages to help the surviving victims and displaced people of the 9/11 attacks every day from their Westchester (Rockland?) county home when they didn't have to especially at their advanced ages.

'Love how you cry about me after I called you out for hijacking a thread about Mike D's message about MCA (RIP) and turning into "fuck the Yanks, and let's pile on D" bullshit.

You know what? BV please remove not only all the Yankee-bashing comments but my comments, too, fuck it.

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 4:00 PM

I love the Mets. I love them when they win better. But I still love them when they break my heart. Cheering for the Yankees always seemed like cheering for a bank or a gas company to me. The Mets organization is as dysfunctional as my family. I want to cheer for a team that needs to rise above that nonsense like I have to my own. Let's Go Mets!

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:01 PM

If D was a real Yankees fan, he'd know that Frank Messer is also dead.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:07 PM

You "love when they win better" sums up what fairweather fans most of you Mets fans are. Do some of you still hate Jose Reyes for signing with the Marlins after the Mets didn't even offer him a contract any time?

Cheering for the Mets always seemed like cheering for a team owned by a guy who did business with a Ponzi schemer who was sentenced for life for stealing millions upon millions of dollars from people who entrusted him with their lifetime earnings.

Oh wait...

Knock off the Yankee hate in a Mike D message about MCA thread and I'll drop my shots at the Mets, ok?

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 4:12 PM

I'll bet D throws a baseball like a girl.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:18 PM

Further AND further proving my point. Keep at it, young one.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:21 PM

Mike D hated the Yankees. We honor him by telling Yankee fans to choke on a bag of dicks. Get the fuck off this thread.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:28 PM

Didn't get to watch the game, did David Wright come out to "Brass Monkey"? He's been coming out to that for years, though sometimes he would come out to "Me & U" by Cassie which always seemed a little odd.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:34 PM

"You "love when they win better" sums up what fairweather (sic) fans most of you Mets fans are."
I know that you don't really get a lot of time to read as a supermarket bagger/stock boy, but the rest of the post pretty much dispells this statement in total. You Lose!

"Cheering for the Mets always seemed like cheering for a team owned by a guy who did business with a Ponzi schemer"
Always, huh? Like before any of us knew who Madoff was, and before the link to the Wilpons was established, that kind of always? That''s pretty prescient information that is quite frankly above your $38/hr pay grade, Skippy. And while we're on shenanigans, I thought I remembered that Steinbrenner had a little unethical problem a while back too, barring him from baseball altogether for a few seasons, or are you too young to remember that fat boy?

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:50 PM

4:21pm So you want people to ignore me yet you acknowledge my being here. Don't practice what you preach much?

4:28pm I seriously doubt Mike D hates the Yankees. I'm guessing he's one of those Mets fans who loves the Mets and doesn't give two shits about the Yanks save when the Mets play them during interleague play and the World Series.

You, however, are a typical Mets fans who hates the Yanks more than he loves the Mets, and that's sad. I pity you.

YOU get the fuck off this thread with your turning it into "hate the Yanks" nonsense.

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 4:50 PM

From Wikipedia:

"On July 30, 1990, Steinbrenner was *bann.ed*permanent.ly* from day-to-day management (but not ownership) of the Yankees by MLB Commissioner Fay Vincent for paying a gambler named Howie Spira $40,000 to dig up "dirt" on Winfield."

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:55 PM

Winfield had sued the Yankees for failing to contribute $300,000 to his foundation, a *guaranteed*stipulation* in his contract."

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:55 PM

4:07pm Hey stupid, I guess you missed the "s" at the end of "announcers" here:

"You wanna run some shit about how I've turned this into an anti-Mets/Mets fans thread, um, it's only cuz you Mutts fans turned an entry about Mike D posting a message about his passed on friend/brother from another mother into yet another Yankee-bashing thread including taking shits on dead Yankee game announcers (12:40pm.)"

Yeah I'm not a real Yankees fan because I chose to mention the name of one dead Yankee game announcer not two, ok. Fuckin' nerd.

Keep disrespecting MCA by filling this thread with Yankee-hater nonsense and thinking only Mets fans/players are real Beastie fans and Mike D gives a flying fuck who is and isn't one or a Yankee fan, or gives a fuck about sports teams right now. SHUT UP!!!!!!

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 4:56 PM

"YOU get the fuck off this thread with your turning it into "hate the Yanks" nonsense"

Hey asswipe, you started it at 3:39 today! Sorry, little man, you don't get to be a douche and then cry foul. Go argue the virtues of ICP or something.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:57 PM

D = you lose
Mike D, Adrock = WINNING!

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 4:58 PM

Hey fuckstick, these people (or this person) started in with the Yankee bashing before I came along:

12:40pm, 11:14pm, 2:31pm, 3:03pm 3:15pm

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 5:02 PM

D, I'm the one who said to ignore you. People didn't, and now we have a ruined thread. I'm going to ask everyone here again: stop the madness.

Posted by 3:42 | May 7, 2012 5:03 PM

D is a very disturbed individual. I don't know why bent beta males like him even bother pretending to be sports fans. Mike D most certainly was one. But D undoubtedly has the muscle tone of a penned veal and is more able to dribble saliva than a basketball.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:06 PM

"12:40pm shit on two dead men including one who helped with the post 9/11 triage (Rizzuto), so go fuck yourself, little Anonymous bitch."

The Beatles > The Rolling Stones = shitting on Keith Moon?

Good Lord you're a fucking epic moron.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:10 PM

5:03pm The thread was ruined when a bunch of Yankee-hating nerds were being that in a thread about Mike D's public message about MCA and continued to be that when I wrote ONE comment in response to a lowlife at 12:40pm who shit on two dead men because they called Yankee games. So get off your high horse, and how are you the one who told people to ignore me? You post as "Anonymous" like everyone else (save me.)

If you had just kept your fucking keyboard mouths shut I wouldn't have posted beyond that one post, but you ALWAYS have to be one up on me when you know you won't (like I won't be one up on you.)

4:55pm, From the Wikipedia page for George Steinbrenner:

"Steinbrenner was reinstated in 1993."

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 5:12 PM

5:10pm go fuck yourself. Not the same thing.

You people won't give it up will you?

Posted by D | May 7, 2012 5:21 PM

I didn't think that any thread was ruined until one small brained angry hater came on here feeling a need to set Mets fans straight about bullshit that did not belong on here. The Beasties were huge Mets and Knicks fans, it's well known. You cannot change history, any more that you can change how Steinbrenner paid some wiseguy to defame the legacy of one of his own players. With a boss like that, who needs enemas?

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:21 PM

It's exactly the same thing. Exactly. You fucking Moron.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:22 PM

MCA would be ashamed of you people.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:23 PM

MCA RIP.
Fuck the Yankees.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:23 PM

MCA RIP.
Fuck the Yankees.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:23 PM

I'm amazed at how cavalierly D is disrespecting MCA's legacy with this smack talk. For SHAME! For SHAME!

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:32 PM

D is about D. Aspergers is is a tough way to go through life, but MCA would be empathetic, I think. Even if D is a high-functioning special person Yankee fan.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 5:47 PM

Worst thread ever

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 10:09 PM

I agree. I used to give D the benefit of the doubt, but now I see his true colors. Just sad.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:27 PM

I'm kind of new around here, so please show me patience, but isn't this thread supposed to be about the Beastie Boy and not the NY Yankees? It seems like that is where the thread got derailed. I think that it's cool to see all the bands and sports teams showing respect to MCA. Shows just how influential he really was.

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:39 PM

How could any baseball fan not like Derek Jeter?

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2012 11:45 PM

MCA RIP

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2012 8:15 AM

the avengers really wasn't that good.

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2012 8:41 AM

I'm pretty sure that MCA would not have approved of the ranting that D has done on here. I feel that an apology is in order.

Posted by homas the Tank Engine | May 8, 2012 1:30 PM

Very significant article for us, I think the representation of this article is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site.

Posted by Advertising agencies in Pakistan | May 14, 2012 4:30 AM

5:21pm Yeah MCA was a huge Mets and Knicks fan. He also wasn't a Yankees-hating bitch who felt the need to turn this thread into a "fuck the Yankees" thread which I merely responded to with "fuck the Mets" then you all showed how you can dish it out but you can't take it. I also asked people to knock off the Yankee bashing especially when it reached a let's bash two dead Yankee game announcers (Phil Rizzuto and Frank Messer) level. You fucking peabrains who won't let it go because you ride my dick at every turn also didn't get the memo from me that Rizzuto like MCA directly helped the survivors of the 9/11 terrorist attacks with volunteerism. No, you kept going on about me and blah blah blah.

5:32pm I'm not "disrespecting MCA's legacy" you fucking nerd. I didn't turn this thread into a Yankee-bashing thread where dead Yankee announcers Phil Rizzuto and Frank Messer (whose lives were just as important as MCA's) were made fun of, YOU people did. I called for you people to drop the Yankee bashing, you didn't, so I went off on the Mets. Again, take what you dished and next time someone who was a Mets fan dies and it's reported on here, keep your hatred of the Yankees out of comments, especially when not only is it inappropriate and disrespectful to run your mouth about what has nothing to do with the dead person but shows you are still crying over the Yankees beating your team in the 2000 World Series.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 7:11 AM

Can you email me with some pointers on how you made your site look this awesome, I would appreciate it.

Posted by jocuri | September 3, 2012 3:55 AM

Our study materials are compatible to the real exam scenario because our squad of Expert writers keep on modify and update all available information regarding a certification

Posted by exam dumps | March 4, 2013 4:00 PM