Posted in dance | hiphop | music | tour dates on May 21, 2012

Skrillex
Jay-Z

Pearl Jam says:

We are pleased to announce that Pearl Jam is headlining Made in America Music Festival curated by Jay-Z. Made in America takes place Labor Day Weekend (Saturday, September 1st - Sunday, September 2nd) at Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park.

PLEASE NOTE: Made In America Festival will announce Pearl Jam's exact performance date and time in the coming weeks.

In addition to Pearl Jam, this 2-day music festival will include performances from fellow artists like Jay-Z, Passion Pit, Dirty Projectors and much more.

The full lineup is not announced yet, but Philly.com points out that Drake, Santigold, Skrillex, Afrojack, Odd Future, and Miike Snow might also all be on the bill, which if all true, means this thing really is going to be huge. There will be 28 performances on 3 stages over 2 days total. Tickets go on sale this Wednesday, May 23rd at 10am ET / 7am PT.

I was there both days and the lines were NOT an issue. I was able to get either (good) wine or beer by waiting in a single line for two minutes max. Also, the sight lines for every band were excellent (even if one or two were not my cup of tea) and the conversations were funny and piqued my interest (and appetite!). I have lived in New York City for over ten years and I think this was one of the funnest and best-run festivals -- hope they bring it back next year! The whole crowd was having a good time -- anyone who says otherwise was not there. Bravo, GoogaMooga!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:04 PM

$655 for a ticket? is that for real?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:05 PM

Hahah this must be a taste of the future with Ticketmaster...$655 in fees.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:08 PM

655 is for some kind of VIP thing so calm the fuck down.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:09 PM

No. that's just a screw-up placeholder.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:10 PM

5:05, looks like that is VIP/some sort of ticketmaster error.

Looks like two days passes are $99 which is actually somewhat reasonable. Of course you'll probably be somewhere in Pittsburgh watching the bands, but still reasonable.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:12 PM

extremely misleading blog post photo dot com

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:17 PM

according to the fest site, it's $100 for GA, $135 for VIP (makes no sense).

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:17 PM

5:04, i think you're in the wrong post.

And also, you are wrong. I was there on Sat and it was a shit show. There is no way you waited 2 min for beer at any line unless you cut the line. ALL lines on Sat. were anywhere between 30 min - over an hour during the peak time. Also, many vendors ran out of food with 3-4 hours still left to go. Sat. was not run well at all.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:23 PM

Pearl Jam is better than your favorite band (unless your favorite band is Pearl Jam, then Pearl Jam is equal to your favorite band).

Posted by Venkman | May 21, 2012 5:30 PM

Just buy red tickets from Staples and save your $655!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:30 PM

PEARL JAM IS BACK! YAY!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:33 PM

@ Venkman

Posted by Funderburgh | May 21, 2012 5:35 PM

PEARL JAM RULES!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:37 PM

Oh, negros and their "dead presidents". Better give them my money so they don't mug me.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:43 PM

Can't tell if 5:43 is real or just trolling but, still, just awful.

$100 for a 2-day pass is totally worth it for this.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 5:51 PM

Skrillex looks more like the kid from ROSANNE.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 6:36 PM

apparently not all tickets are $99 and there is an 'extremely limited quantity' of $99 tickets. so yea, get ready to pay out the ass

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 7:49 PM

On the topic of ticket prices. I found the GoogaMooga pricing structure a little weird. Either you could RSVP for free early (anyone know when it "sold out"?) or pay $250 for VIP tickets, that apparently weren't that VIP. Are more events going the way of "freemium" ala mobile apps? Interesting, but not so great for latecomers who were hoping to just casually check out the festival. I was more interested in the food than the performances and sadly missed out on both.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 7:58 PM

Can you please post the presale password so I don't have to like Bud on facebook?

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 8:18 PM

If you like Bud on FB then you are a loooser to all your friends.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 9:58 PM

"@ Venkman
Everyone who comments on BV hates us for our love of Pearl Jam (and I don't care at all)."

Funderburgh, don't give yourself and your buddy too much credit.I am pretty sure most people on here could not give 2 shits about either of you or what you say. And the ones that do, probably just think you guys are idiots cause mostly everything you say is pretty dumb and worthless

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:06 PM

Dr. Venkman, Dr. Stanz .... Eagon

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:16 PM

Kimbra vows that this show will suck!

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:17 PM

Philly>Brooklyn
Philly>Brooklyn
Philly>Brooklyn
Philly>Brooklyn
Philly>Brooklyn
Philly>Brooklyn

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2012 11:37 PM

7:49 you are right the price is higher than 99$ but still reasonable to me

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 4:52 AM

LOL 5:04 is so obviously a publicist it's not even funny. Anyway if you go to a "foodie" festival with shite bands in the middle of freakin brooklyn you get what you deserve. MOBS of annoying people and TONS of screw ups.

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 9:36 AM

on presale now, pw = BUDWEISER

get on yer shit bv

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 10:10 AM

@11:06

1) Not sure where I gave myself credit for anything, and

Posted by Funderburgh | May 22, 2012 11:12 AM

10:10 tix are gone now..

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 11:30 AM

I refuse to film Ghostbusters 3.

Posted by Venkman | May 22, 2012 11:44 AM

presale sold out. tix are 135 plus fees tmrw

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 12:06 PM

"2) Please learn how to form a sentence, as I can't even pretend to be mildly offended by a verbal attack conjured by someone with the written ability of a mentally handicapped 8 year old.

Posted by Funderburgh"

You mean like most of the comments you make? Shut the fuck up and go away you pathetic idiot. Good comeback by the way.

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2012 1:56 PM

Yea, is no way you waited 2 min for beer at any line unless you cut the line. Good Jobs ! i love is Brookynvegan

Posted by Massagem Tantrica | September 24, 2012 10:13 PM