Posted in metal | music | tour dates on May 10, 2012

by BBG

Negative Approach at Fun Fun Fun Fest (more by BBG)
Negative Approach

This is Hardcore returns to Philadelphia, PA for four days in August at Union Transfer (on 8/9) and Electric Factory (8/10 - 8/12). Both shows will have no barricades for you headwalkers/divers and in the case of Electric Factory, the venue will actually construct a stage in front of their usual stage (!) to get around the existing barricade. Now thats dedication/brutality.

As for the lineup, as usual the cast of hooligans gracing the stages of TIHC are a cast of notables, including Cro-Mags, Negative Approach, Gorilla Biscuits, Breakdown, Blacklisted, Killing Time, Nails, Ringworm, Gehenna and many many more. Full lineup is below and tickets go on sale on May 17th at noon.

Power Trip is part of said lineup, and reminder, the band will hit Acheron on May 15th as part of a string of East Coast dates. All tour dates are below.

THIS IS HARDCORE 2012 LINEUP (so far)
Terror
Will to Live
Agitator
Rude Aweakening
Born Annoying
Agitator

From Ashes Rise Live @ The Starlight Ballroom August 14, 2011

Strife at This is Hardcore 2011 (floor show) (Scott Vogel mosh at 7:02)

Ringworm at This is Hardcore 2011

POWER TRIP - 2012 TOUR DATES
5/10 - Baton Rouge, LA @ HTGT (10240 Burbank Dr.)
5/11 - Atlanta, GA @ Suburbia (3393 North Expressway Griffin)
5/12 - Willmington, NC @ The Soapbox (255 N Front St # 101)
5/13 - Richmond, VA @ Kingdom (10 Walnut Alley)
5/14 - Philldelphia, PA - @ (O'Reilly's Pub 2672 Coral St.)
5/15 - Huntington Station, NY (matinee show) @ House Show (39 Kilburn Ave)
5/15 - Brooklyn, NY @ The Acheron (57 Waterbury St.)
5/16 - Brick, NJ @ Brick Moose Lodge (149 Mantoloking Rd)
5/18 - Pittsburgh, PA - Scumbag's (109 Chestnut St. Natrona Heights, PA 15065)
5/19 - Ann Arbor, MI - Launch Skate Shop (1200 South University Ave)
5/20 - Elmwood Park, IL - Garage Show (1647 79th Ave.)
5/21 - Springfield, MO - Dakota's House (1902 E Cherry St.)
5/22 - Tulsa, OK - Rudy's House (127 E Jackson St, Broken Arrow, OK)

It's the electric factory they are bring in the smaller stage for not Union Transfers

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 1:15 PM

Will there be an infirmary for my girlfriend after i beat her up after the Earth Crisis set?

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 1:19 PM

HUNGER GAMES

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 1:26 PM

Isn't that exactly what BBG's write up says 1:15?

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 1:36 PM

In defense of 1:15, the story was editted and previously said Union Transfer. Either way, I would've been really into this fest circa 1998.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 1:40 PM

That sunday is going to be fun! Killing Time and Negative Approach!!!

I'm gonna break fools!

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:02 PM

Rick Rodney loves smoking the ganja.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:03 PM

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:07 PM

Wow...Floorpunch, for the millionth time.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:07 PM

Actually 1:19 Earth Crisis are pacifists check out the peta2 ad they did

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:09 PM

Oooo, Wisdom In Chains. Local guys in the house!

And Naysayer, w00t!

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:10 PM

Dear 2:07 you're clueless. Earth Crisis were the next thing to a boy band. Their vegan reich message was lost to a bunch of nerdy boys that liked being in close proximity to other nerdy boys in a hot pit.

The biggest joke that ever came out of Syracuse.

I do love drinking while listening to Firestorm though...

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:12 PM

"Dear 1:19 this site would not exist if it wasn't for Earth Ccrisis bringing animal rights and veganism to the forefront"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA (coughing, catching breath) AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

STFU you incredibly wretched dimwit! Suuuuure, the aforementioned issues weren't already in the forefront when Earth Crisis jumped on board. Idiot! Destroy the Machines, brah!

ps - I used to like EC and have seen them many times. The idea you propose though is preposterous and based on idiocy.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:18 PM

2:07 got into hardcore Feb of 1997 and dropped out Jan, 1998. Now, living in Billyburg, he wears rayban's and rides a single speed all around town.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:33 PM

WRONG 2:33....single-speed is weak! Fixie is the full on rage bone, brah!

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 2:53 PM

^ Wow, you got the dates down to the exact months. You either do your homework, or you're a big time stalker (or you're just fucking stupid, which is the most likely answer (: ).

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 3:04 PM

bunch of 40 years olds raging about adolescence angst. pretty sad...

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 3:08 PM

2:07...The Smiths "Meat is Murder" brought animal rights and veganism to the forefront way before EC even existed. You must live in a hardcore bubble.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 3:18 PM

3:08-i agree with you. and many of them are beyond 40. fucking pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 3:25 PM

3:08/3:25: Even if that stupid inference (based out of an even dumber stereotype were true), it would still beat young twinks with beards and glasses with their arms folded at a trendie-flavor-of-the-month indie rock show, waiting for the after cuddle party of fondling.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 3:51 PM

Except for a couple of those bands this is a lineup of the worst bands in HC. This show will look like a brawl between two baseball teams.

faggot jocks

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 3:59 PM

this fest is pretty much tailored to ex-punks who are in their mid-30s with kids and looking to get out of the house for a few drinks and a firestorm to purify. oh yeah, that's me. see you there.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 4:05 PM

I agree with 4:05... except aren't there going to be future drunks / current edgers who are going to shoot us dirty looks?

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 4:16 PM

@4:16 sure there will, but all those kids will also be wearing ringworm shirts. i was at this is hardcore last year getting drunk at the youth of today reunion. i was not the only guy who had grey hairs and a couple drinks in him that was singing along to flame still burns. btw, they were great.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 4:34 PM

If you miss out on NA this time around you are just stupid. They blow most of the "new" bands out of the water.

Posted by Jeremy | May 10, 2012 6:28 PM

What's with the radio silence D?

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 7:45 PM

Nothing says "HARDCORE" like a bassist that looks like Bob Weir (circa 2012), isn't that right D?

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 9:13 PM

Gettin' hard for 'D' comments is the new rage at BV? Nice way to spend your lives lol

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 10:06 PM

TUF GUYZ

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 10:09 PM

WE NEED D-SANITY!

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2012 11:43 PM

hard rock and punching each other at the back great joy i guess

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2012 5:05 AM

I think I see Danny Bonaduce in the crowd shot!

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2012 8:56 AM

Take the bandana off tough guy.

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2012 10:45 AM

Hey Jeremy

NA 2006 on blow period. It's John Brannon's easy paycheck and cash-in nostalgia trip for closeminded assholes like you who dismiss all hardcore after whatever year you chose to dismiss it, nothing more, nothing less.

Brannon wanted NOTHING to do with NA/hardcore 1986-2006 - he didn't play it or even play hardcore shows - until he realized Laughing Hyenas then Easy Action weren't paying the bills. Why has he been doing nothing but NA the past six years now? When will they put out new music? Why don't they? Cuz it's easier and safer to belt out the oldies than step outside the box.

As much as I think Off! is overhyped decentness and not original by any means, I will hand it to Keith Morris: at least he's doing something new and props to him for it when he could've EASILY just done Circle Jerks.

Posted by D | May 11, 2012 1:40 PM

Hey. That all may be true above... except "NA 2006 on blow" ? That's not really fair and if you'd actually allow people to know who you are John might have a libel suit(?)

Posted by Prime | May 11, 2012 1:51 PM

Sad sad old men. Hardcore died in '85 and it was for teenagers. Move on with your lives.

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2012 1:53 PM

What does any of this clown shit have to do with Danny Bonaduce?

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2012 2:09 PM

1:51pm I'm D like you're Prime or more like a bitch who posts as "Prime" so I can't say he's anonymous and will post as "Prime" only once. Libel laws do not apply to the internet.

1:53pm If anyone should move on with their lives it's you and assholes like you who think hardcore died in '85 yet click on an entry about a hardcore fest and comment on it. Hardcore died in '85 FOR YOU. LOL @ you caring about hardcore 27 years later. Oh wait, you probably weren't even born in 1985 or maybe even 1989.

Posted by D | May 12, 2012 11:27 AM

" Libel laws do not apply to the internet."

What an idiot. If it's a false statement, and it's published, and it damages a person's reputation, then it's libel. If it's someone's opinion, even hate speech, that's different anything goes.

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2012 12:27 PM

"Why has he been doing nothing but NA the past six years now?"

D - You're incorrect. Easy Action has been partially active during that time period. Also, if you think NA shows are big money makers, think again pal...dead wrong. And the reason John probably hasn't recorded new music is because he's broke.

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2012 12:29 PM

D - i was making a joke about your typo "NA on blow" but for your information, libel does apply to the internet. I'm an attorney and I'm pretty well up to date on this stuff. Google Courtney Love twitter and you can learn about it.

Posted by Prime | May 13, 2012 7:58 AM

12:27pm You're the id iot. You and 7:58pm Cite ONE example of a celebrity suing for internet libel, win or lose the case. It may be true you can sue for internet libel, but where's a case of it involving a major celebrity?

Posted by D | May 13, 2012 10:59 AM

Seriously, D - 12:29 PM bring's up a good point. It's not like we're talking about NA playing three nights at Terminal 5 or ATP here. There's no way they're making anything close to what might rise to the level of "cashing in."

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2012 11:08 AM

Not "it may be true". It IS true. Winning has nothing to do with 99% of lawsuits. Google the word 'settlement'.

Posted by Prime | May 13, 2012 11:13 AM

Terrible lineup

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2012 12:00 PM

In 2012, if you are still listening to "hardcore" you are either a certifiable mental patient or you are worse than "Uncle Rico", stuck in a bygone era where the foolishness of youth made things seem simpler (which is what you demand life align to).

Sorry D, but your time has passed. It's time to grow up and take the responsibility normal for those of your vintage.

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2012 4:10 PM

11:08am Brannon is cashing in because he couldn't make it with Laughing Hyenas or Easy Action and doesn't want to try to make it with something new. It's easier to go back to / do what sells than do something new which may not sell and will require more work to make it sell - see John Joseph doing his Cro-Mags cover band and calling it "Cro-Mags" the past four years. You don't have to be on the level of a band who sells out T5 to cash in.

Prime it's true cuz you say so? YOU Google where it says internet libel is something one could sue over or cite an example of a celebrity who sued or won a settlementfrom internet libel. I'm waiting. I don't have to prove shit, YOU do.

4:10pm My time is passed? Say it has. At least I have a time that passed unlike you you never part of anything special or real motherfucker. My time hasn't passed. My life has just begun. You are a no-life idiot posting in a thread about a hardcore fest about how I'm certifiable if I'm still into hardcore. My vintage? LOL. Keep thinking you're better than me because of your age to hold back the tears you have shed because you missed out on the '80s and early '90s, bitch.

Posted by D | May 13, 2012 6:24 PM

You know the guitarist from laughing hyenas is dead right?

Posted by D is a moron | May 13, 2012 7:04 PM

D is 39 years old and has a very secure union position at C-Town. He is life has just begun!

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2012 7:05 PM

D - i paid a ton of cash for law school. I'm not wasting my lexis account time to cite you cases and teach you for free. You see to have a real hard time being wrong about things. Relax. No one's perfect. You didn't that people are suing bloggers for libel. Big deal. Move on.

Posted by Prime | May 13, 2012 7:08 PM

7:04pm Brannon could reform Laughing Hyenas if he wanted to. I doubt he would. Not enough money in it.

Prime if you are correct show me an internet libel lawsuit filed by a famous person against a blogger. That's not wasting your fictious Lexis account time, that's me asking you for a specific example, you fake lawyer nerd.

I know it's hard for you to stop talking out of your ass, but try to for once.

Posted by D | May 13, 2012 8:19 PM

Holy shit, D. Is this good enough for you. You're incorrect, and you're starting to sound weird.

Posted by Prime | May 13, 2012 8:28 PM

... And i only wish i wasn't a real attorney so i wouldn't have such massive student loan debt.

Posted by Prime | May 13, 2012 8:43 PM

D, don't you accuse band's of selling out for not touring with origination member ,but Laughing Hyenas could tour even though their guitarist is dead?

You hypocrite.

You're just an uneducated blowhard who won't let something like facts get in the way of whatever rant you're on.

Posted by D is a moron | May 13, 2012 8:48 PM

And D while you're at it grow the fuck up. If you're old enough to have seen NYHC in the 80's you're 40+ or real damn close to it. The kids who are going to the shows you rant about are half your age you freak.

Posted by Anonymous | May 13, 2012 8:51 PM

You grow up you little turd focusing on my age like it means anything when it doesn't mean jack fucking shit save to someone who has an inferiority complex over how old he/she is like you. You come off like a little bitch sore he/she missed the '80s and early '90s. I have never got on someone for their age save those who pull the age card with me, you should try following suit you little ageist prick.

Posted by D | May 13, 2012 9:19 PM

Prime you're the weird one running your mouth about how "wrong" I am.

Libel laws don't apply to the internet because no one has won an internet libel lawsuit and if someone has ALOT less people would be running their mouths on the internet about others. Get back to me when someone wins.

People can sue for anything - the link you provided proves it. Perez Hilton would never post anything that could cost him money - the dude has attorneys. He will win the case on the grounds that he's reporting the truth and/or no tangible damage to the jeweler's business has been shown. Anyone can say their reputation is damaged over words, too, but they have to prove it. That means showing a downturn in profits immediately after the so-called "libel" caused by it. That is nearly impossible to do.

Posted by D | May 13, 2012 9:32 PM

Jesus. I give up. I overestimated you, D. I thought you'd be man enough to admit you were wrong about one simple thing. I'm done.

Posted by Prime | May 13, 2012 9:41 PM

Im just wondering if any one could help me im from australia and im heading to usa in july-august and i would like to check out some h/c shows over there. I will be in LA on july 11-17 and lasvegas july 18-24 San Fran 24-5 august and newyork 5-11 august so if any one could help us cause im real keen to check out american hardcore.

Posted by Thomo | May 14, 2012 6:39 AM

You give up because you talked out of your ass moreover failed to show an internet libel lawsuit someone won or got a settlement from.

I won you lost deal with it.

Oh yeah - brush up on your English, fake lawyer. It's "I underestimated you, D" not "I overestimated you, D".

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 6:57 AM

D "libel laws do not apply to the internet"

Lawyer guy "Yes they do"

D "Let me change the question just a tiny bit to get out of the fact that I didn't know. Find me more than the two cases already cited here."

Lawyer "I quit"

D "Aha! Then I win!"

Internet rulez.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 7:14 AM

D - your standard for cashing in/selling out is ridiculous. He "could" but "shouldn't" reform the Laughing Hyenas, but he also shouldn't be playing songs from his past. The only thing that would make D happy is if he started a new band that was the best thing ever. That's just dumb.
Also, who the hell are you that you know his motivations and feel qualified to say he doesn't want to do anything new because it's "easier" do NA?
You're getting really goo at exposing all of the immature pedantic bullshit that makes people "turn their back on hardcore."

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 10:16 AM

D, the 40 year old hardcore "kid", is keeping it real.

Real, real dumb.

Go restock the paper towels D.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 10:46 AM

10:16am

Second, my standard for cashing in / selling out is not ridiculous, it is the truth. Brannon couldn't make it with his previous two bands (Laughing Hyenas and Easy Action) so he brought back his most famous/biggest drawing band (Negative Approach) two decades after it broke up. Hence cashing in. Do not tell me he doesn't make at least a month of rent from each show he does especially fests cuz he does which means he makes a half a year's rent on just a half-dozen shows in a year Not bad for picking up a mic and singing shit you can sing in your sleep. Figure he makes another two months rent in merch sales (records and tees) and that's eight months of rent on just six shows and merch.
That also means eight months rent in his pocket from whatever else he does freed up.

Last but not least, who the fuck are you that you know what his motivations are or have qualifications to say what's what? I need "qualifications"? Go fuck yourself. I call it like I see it, tough fucking shit if you don't like it. You don't think Brannon is going back to NA cuz it sells and doesn't want to do anything new cuz it doesn't sell, I do. I think my argument is more valid than yours considering Brannon didn't give a flying fuck about hardcore 1986-2006. Name me ONE hardcore show he went to or played, ONE hardcore band esp. a Detroit/metro one he publicly supported/endorsed during that time. I can't. The guy crawled back to hardcore after vanishing from it and he's milking it for everything it's worth which is $$$.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 12:13 PM

10:46pm 'Not 40 years old fella but you think I am if it makes ya feel better. Go stock some paper towels, wow, so original. I guess you're still hanging on to the idea I work in a supermarket which if I did would be better than your don't wanna work / parents pay for me ass.

7:14pm I didn't change any question, I merely asked name lawsuits won, not filed. Anyone can file a lawsuit about anything, that doesn't make that anything "the law".

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 12:17 PM

so now that he gave you one, now what?

Posted by 7:14 | May 14, 2012 12:26 PM

9:32pm Oh wow, one settlement. Whoopee. One settlement paid by a drug-addled dumbass who should've fought the lawsuit.

You FINALLY showed me a internet libel law settlement, thanks. 'Thing is, lawyer boy, you've yet to show me an internet libel lawsuit WON.

Libel laws do not apply to the internet unless the breaking of them leads to a win by the injured party. There. Amended statement. You have failed to show a libel lawsuit win, so showing me a settlement is meaningless for our debate. Show me a win and I will preemptively say here I am wrong and man enough to admit it.

A settlement is not a win, it is not wanting to risk losing, that's it. You can say it's paying up to avoid a loss, but not all settlements are based on that reason and not all lawsuits end in a loss for the defendant.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 12:27 PM

P.S. Stop. I'm at work now and don't have time to play.

Posted by Prime | May 14, 2012 12:31 PM

Hey Prime see my last comment and thanks for showing me a win, finally.

Way to show me an extreme case not the norm.

Show me the norm. I wanna play haha.

BTW I still don't think you're a lawyer just a nerd pulling up shit you Googled.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 12:40 PM

Wow, D is stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 12:42 PM

12:42pm Bitchass

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 12:48 PM

D is going to break his hip in the pit :(

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 12:52 PM

crappy lineup

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 12:52 PM

12:52pm I don't think so.

Your inferiority complex over your age is hilarious.

How old are you? So I can post a painfully accurate picture of your stupid life.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 1:09 PM

I'm a lawyer AND a nerd. Truly.

Posted by Prime | May 14, 2012 1:22 PM

lol

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 1:30 PM

I am amazed that the internet lawyer is feeling the need to justify his professional opinion to the C-Town stock boy. Strange world we live in.

Posted by Your Dad's creepy friend Hal | May 14, 2012 1:39 PM

1:39pm LOL @ you projecting your hatred of being a C-Town stockboy on me by calling me one. It's as if you think calling me one no longer makes you one when you are one.

Aisle 5? Can I get a brain? That's you brainless.

Since when was Prime a lawyer?

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 1:44 PM

D is NYHC Youth Crew for life!

lulz...

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 1:45 PM

? - I've been a lawyer since 2009.

Posted by Prime | May 14, 2012 1:47 PM

1:39 - I was originally just making a joke about a typo, but it turned into this whole ridiculous argument. If it wouldn't ruin my anonymity, I'd have just given out my bar number so D could look it up.

Posted by Prime | May 14, 2012 1:51 PM

A lawyer since 2009, ok, psssshhhhhhh. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

1:45pm NYHC Youth Crew? Youth Crew was part of NYHC, no need to put NYHC in front of it, you clueless jackass. Herb alert.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 1:54 PM

D is 40+ and worried about this shit. hahahah

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:02 PM

Your bar number. You're a good liar.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 2:02 PM

D are you nailed to the X?

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:05 PM

Now you're actually cracking me up. I know you're kidding.

Posted by Prime | May 14, 2012 2:15 PM

Can anyone share a recipe?

Posted by About to make some homemade hummus | May 14, 2012 2:24 PM

I am certain that I am older than D, make considerably more cash than he does, and have immeasurably better taste in music than he does. But what's the point? That's like saying that I'm smarter than a retard.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:30 PM

^ not to mention the clown shit claiming to be D posting this AM is not D at all. Yeah, it's that obvious.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:31 PM

Hey faux-D, let's see if you can guess what I am now ....

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:34 PM

You all needs jobs and a life!

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:37 PM

Go ahead, post a real example of internet libel. Ha - knew you couldn't, Prime. You probably make copies at a law firm.

"The Primer, Prime-man, makin' copies"

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 2:47 PM

My eyes are literally watering. This has to be a candidate for the BV thread Hall Of Fame!

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:50 PM

I beg to differ 2:31. At least some of today's comments are from the real D. You can tell the fakes fairly easily. Anything short and non-defensive is NOT D. But the rants at 12:13 and 12:27 today for instance is really him. And I'm going to be honest...I disagree with almost every position he takes, especially this John Brannon "cashing in" nonsense...but the guy is entertaining as all hell. Someone get this guy a YouTube talk show pronto!

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 2:56 PM

2:47 = fake D?

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:04 PM

just look for the 40+ year old guy in the pics of some crappy hardcore show BBG is covering and we will be able to identify D.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:06 PM

3:04 I think so, yes. Too witty and not irrationally angry enough to be our D.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:06 PM

A lawyer, since 2009. Accept no substitutes.
~ Prime

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:12 PM

So go ahead and call D a retard, needle Prime until he offers free legal advice, keep banning various permutations of L.i.n.s.a.n.i.t.y, but HEAVEN FORBID you call some smelly Scot Nordic (even though his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother got boned by a Viking).

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:15 PM

^ I'll bite. What the fuck are you talking about?

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:19 PM

OMG, we've just crossed the BV streams

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:32 PM

OMG, someone just actually used the phrase OMG. We've just crossed the space-time continuum into 2010.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:38 PM

You know, I've been thinking ... these hardcore fans are not sausages at all. I mean, they fit the cursory type alright - shows have lots of physical contact with an almost entirely male audience. But unlike the metal sausages, they are mostly teenage (except for D), and we all had a time doing the mosh pit thing. Metal sausages are closeted queer bait, not to mention the pizza delivery angle. It just wouldn't be fair to the hardcore kids (and D) to bucket them both together. So instead of calling these kids (and D) sausages, what do I call them? I'm struggling here.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:41 PM

OMG 3:38 are you going to bite too? You bite on my shit, and I'll have to knock those pretty little teeth out to learn ya one.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:43 PM

3:42 cocktail wieners

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 3:57 PM

3:43 - that's some GANGSTA shit you're talking! I didn't know 13 year old girls were so tough!

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 4:00 PM

^ LOL don't know who you are talking about, but I'm pretty sure that we would be do better to turn our considerable anger and demand for justice toward those who pretend to be part of the hardcore scene although never actually photographed at a show .... are you still there D?

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 4:07 PM

D is a cocktail wiener

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 4:08 PM

If D's entire persona is a hoax and this is some thesis project, I want credit.

Posted by everyone else | May 14, 2012 4:13 PM

D can't hear you. There's a clean up in isle 5. Some fat Queens housewife just dropped a jar of mustard relish.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 4:22 PM

2:56pm What part of "cashing in" do you not comprehend?

Brannon did Laughing Hyenas and Easy Action 1986-2006 but didn't make it commerically with either. So, he goes back to doing Negative Approach out of nowhere in/around 2006 (two decades afte NA broke up) and has been doing mostly NA with a token Easy Action show here and there ever since, producing zero new music with NA. That's cashing in. NA sells, Easy Action doesn't, and Laughing Hyeans wouldn't sell either if he wanted to do the band again which I doubt he would.

If NA came back with a new album of all new songs and most of their set was these songs, I'd say no, NA isn't cashing in cuz they're trying to be a real band not an oldies jukebox for the closeminded assholes who wouldn't give what they're thinking about nowadays the time of day, but NA isn't doing that. Instead, NA has been pandering to these closeminded clowns by playing nothing but the same shit they played the first time around for six years now. It's plain to see they are doing so cuz they're scared of putting out new music for fear that people will say it sucks and they will draw less thus be paid less for shows.

If Keith Morris can put out new music, so can John Brannon, but Brannon won't cuz he's scared to.

You are living in a fucking fantasy world if you think NA is back for anything but a paycheck.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 5:00 PM

4:22pm There you go Tweeting at your job again.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 5:07 PM

Wow, you are all fucking idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 5:08 PM

4:22pm There you go tweeting at your job again. 'Back ta woik yow!

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 5:08 PM

Yo 5:08pm you're an even bigger idiot for reading this, if we're "all fucking idiots".

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 5:10 PM

You're arguing on a message board with other anonymous people about hardcore. It's amusing to me, but you're still fucking idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 5:13 PM

5:13pm And you're still a no-life piece of shit who has nothing to say but call people names.

Posted by D | May 14, 2012 10:47 PM

^ Fake D

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 11:50 PM

cocktail wiener

Posted by Anonymous | May 14, 2012 11:56 PM

D - re. your comment to 10:16 AM, you said this:
"8:48pm Hey stupid do you know the difference between "could" and "should"? Obviously not. I wrote Brannon COULD reform Laughing Hyenas, I never said he should or that I'd be cool with it."
That implies very strongly that you don't think he "should." So when you later say this:
"First off, I never said he "shouldn't" reform Laughing Hyenas, I said he could and that's not me saying he should. You need to take a course in remedial reading."
...it is you who looks like an idiot and who "should" take a course in remedial reading.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 12:11 AM

Lighten up on D. $38/hr doesn't buy a degree from CCNY

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 12:13 AM

12:11pm I didn't "strongly imply" shit.

Brannon could reform LH. Could isn't should.

There. I made it simpler for you.

Denial is the biggest hurdle for someone with a problem. You should end your denial and admit you need a remedial reading course.

Go sit in the corner with a duncecap and stay there until you admit you need to take remedial reading, dunce.

Posted by D | May 15, 2012 12:56 AM

You'd know about CCNY since you dropped out of there.

Keep projecting your pathetic life on me. And keep ridiculously thinking $38 an hour isn't a ton of money for a single person with no kids, pets, car, house, or debt like I am (GASP! I don't have any of those things, I'm a loser WAAAAAAAAA.)

This is you:

A CCNY dropout who works at C-Town or more like wishes he worked at C-Town or worked period.

Posted by D | May 15, 2012 1:05 AM

D is sad

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 1:32 AM

D is hilarious. What I mean is that D would be hilarious were he an actual person. Surely, I can't be the only one who can see through the meta-personality and hyperbole, can I? As the author of "Go to Brooklyn Bowl and ask the bartender to tell Tom that the pussy from BV is here", I tip my hummus-stained hat for this author's ability to sustain a believable character without blinking.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 7:57 AM

Let's take a look at D's report card, shall we?
"A CCNY dropout" = nope, wrong there
"who works at C-Town" = ha, no that would be you. there you go projecting again
"or more like wishes he worked at C-Town" = wrong a third time. wow D you just can't catch a break here.
"or worked period." = and it's a perfect FAIL! Even Milli Vanilli had some catchy hooks before they were exposed. yup, you have failed worse than Milli Vanilli.

Final Grade = F

That's pretty bad, D, failing on an anonymous blog.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 8:36 AM

7:57 - If D ends up being a writing project or a hobby for some bored journalism student, I'm gonna be pissed. But I gotta tell ya...he knows enough about 80s/90s hardcore history to be dangerous. Meaning, this "author" would have had to do some serious research for the role.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 8:38 AM

D - I'm originally from Detroit and can assure you that if John Brannon is "cashing in," he's doing a lousy job of it as *sadly* he can barely afford his next beer and gas home. Also, there is no "could" OR "should" to reforming the Laughing Hyenas. That could never happen out of respect to Larissa Strickland (R.I.P.) who was the co-heart and soul of that band. Oh...and neither The Hyenas nor Easy Action were ever formed or hoped to be commercial or monetary successes. I can hear Brannon now..."yeah, me screaming at the top of my fuckin' lungs over that minimal high volume guitar scrawl and repetitive Tracey Pew basslines is gonna make us a mint!" Puh-leaze!

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 8:48 AM

^ this guy is awesome, just the right amount of information and assertion which is counter to D's opinions. Pitch perfect in it's ability to elicit D's pontificating without being nasty. I must say, respect.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 8:53 AM

7:57 AM - I wish I could believe that, but if you've spent any time in the hardcore world, it's sad but true that people do actually say shit about "turning your back on hardcore" and whatnot.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 9:38 AM

^ oh, I have no doubt that the author has done a modicum of research - including not just facts but also diction, customs and habits of the sub-culture. Nonetheless, no one is actually as stupid as D - no one. Like the best trolls, it has the appearance of legitimacy and not completely bereft of factual accuracy. But not unlike ferreting out the bad fish in the barrel, if you know the things to look for it does pop out. D is not a real person, D is a character, a mental construct. A brilliant one, I'll give the author that, but ultimately not real and (to the author) it bears the responsibility of being charged against your 15 minutes without actually accruing the elusive fame for yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 9:58 AM

As the author of "Go to Brooklyn Bowl and ask the bartender to tell Tom that the pussy from BV is here"??? Fuck you, asshole. I invented that shit.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 10:11 AM

I'm not so sure that D is a fake. He finally admitted not knowing about internet libel. I think a fake would have simply kept arguing.

Posted by Prime | May 15, 2012 10:27 AM

10:11 - I know for a fact that you are lie. Nice try though.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 10:34 AM

^ Bullshit. Are you saying you invented the pussy fight? I did.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 10:39 AM

I love it! The irony of modern, faceless communication in a nutshell. Two anonymous posters arguing over who invented a meme that's impossible for anyone to prove who originated it...not that anyone would care to do so even if they could.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 10:50 AM

I was just going to say the same. It is funny, but this asshole is really pissing me off! I fucking worked hard on that nonsense!

Posted by 10:39 | May 15, 2012 10:53 AM

I invented the pussy fight.

Posted by I did | May 15, 2012 10:58 AM

I don't really care what imaginary role you portray for yourself, there is a zero percent possibility that you and I came up with Tom / Brooklyn Bowl / pussy simultaneously. I did it first. You may have written "pussy fight" and thought that your were Tom, but you were not. Give up the misrepresentation, Sally.

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 11:06 AM

I'm gonna have to start copywriting my memes from now on

Posted by Sukit Beyoch ® | May 15, 2012 11:09 AM

First incidence of Tom / Brooklyn Bowl = http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/03/too_many_people_1.html#comment-676612

Suck my left nut you copycat faggots

Posted by Sukit Beyoch ® | May 15, 2012 11:17 AM

^ Yes. And I was 9:13.

Posted by 10:39 / 10:53 | May 15, 2012 11:24 AM

OK, the term "pussy fight" was not me, but all the rest was. I am happy to share meme credit with you 11:24. New shit comes out daily so let's keep looking for ally-oops over these bitch posers 'round here. I'll feed you, you feed me, and we'll be like LeBron and Dwane making cash money son!

Posted by Sukit Beyoch ® | May 15, 2012 11:32 AM

awesome! agreed.. and good job on the original posts. I think it all started from that idiot kid who claimed to love GYBE and Tom Waits.

Posted by 11:24 | May 15, 2012 11:37 AM

unless that was you, too, in which case this would be awkward

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2012 11:38 AM

Unfortunately, a lot of these bands are back into the core for the money, but if kids are going to pay to see it, fuck it. The novelty wears off, I do remember seeing Easy Action play with Kill Your Idols in NJ. A lot of hype cause it was Brannon's new shit, ya know, the guy from NA. Easy Action headlined, but we're blown off the stage by KYI.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2012 10:06 PM