Posted in music on May 1, 2012

by Bill Pearis

Twin Shadow

Twin Shadow just released the first taste of his second album, Confess, which will be out July 10 on 4AD. (That's the album's cover art above.) The song, "Five Seconds," is dark, romantic and danceable in an '80s kind of way. You can stream it along with the full tracklist, or download it for the price of your email address, below...

Last week, Twin Shadow debuted new material at Glasslands and played the Sweetlife Festival in Maryland. How were the shows? A short clip of the brand rocking out at the MD show is below.

On Thursday (5/3), Twin Shadow plays the National-curated Crossing Brooklyn Ferry Festival with Sharon Van Etten, Callers and more (tickets are still available).

New song stream/download widget, tracklist and a blurb about George Lewis Jr's inspiration for the new album, below..

"One winter I crashed my motorcycle , with a friend on the back. I shouldn't have been riding that day, but I was young and fearless of the black roads, fast and easy in my ways. As the bike slipped from under us my head filled with words. The slow motion moments of calm just after surprise and just before regret are bliss. I remember in that moment I wanted to say everything to him. How could I say everything in a split second? How could I bury my words in his heart?"

"I got a new bike and went to LA to record what is now called Confess. I took the bike out at 6AM one morning after not having done much riding in the couple years between Forget and Confess. I noticed my head clearing as I came slowly down a hill where the road around a reservoir began. I pulled back slowly on the throttle with my right hand, and felt the bike start to come to life. My head was still crystal clear...nothing. As I kicked the bike into 3rd, I pulled almost all the way back and jumped forward leaning in towards the gas tank, fighting the wind. I got up to 75 and saw that no one was out but the runners and their four legged friends, the sidewalks became a blur of barking dogs and heads all turning. My mind was empty. I put the bike in 4th and hit 90. The engine jack hammered under my legs. My mind was clear. I inched toward 100 on the speedometer and punch the last five. TON UP! My mind is filled with words. My heart is full of love. This is where i want to be. I want to stay here, and I want to tell you everything."
CONFESS:
1. Golden Light
2. You Call Me On
3. Five Seconds
4. Run My Heart
5. The One
6. Beg For The Night
7. Patient
8. When The Movie's Over
9. I Don't Care
10. Be Mine Tonight (hidden track Mirror In The Dark)

Twin Shadow rockin out @ Sweetlife

herpes carrier

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 5:55 PM

Love Twin Shadow, hate that cover art. It's still early enough
to change the cover, right?

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 6:02 PM

terrible cover.

terrible live.

forget was/is a good listen though.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 7:25 PM

What type of faggot rides a bike?

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 9:54 PM

Stoked. "Forget" is an amazing album. Love the production he gets on his tunes.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 10:37 PM

Jesus Christ this 80's retro shit is so fucking dumb. What a stupid band. That shit sounded horrible the first time. To try and pass it off now is pathetic. Bad taste and bad ears. This dumbass will look back on this and regret it horribly. Or he will go on with his pathetic excuse for a life and while away his years, descend into alcoholism and patter away to anyone who will listen about why he should have been a star. I hope it is the former because I don't want to be the sucker who has to listen to the latter from the next bar stool while trying to get drunk and forget that I had to live at the same time as people like this with their dumb hats, dumb jackets, dumb hair cuts and dumb music. A man just wants a beer and a ballgame, not to hear a dejected fuck who thought he could rip off The Cure, who sucked ass the first time, let alone this retrograde shit.Jesus. Just leave me alone. Your band sucked. You suck. Get some originality and get a fucking clue.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 12:33 AM

Holy fuck. I hadn't even read that "inspiration" for the record. This dude deserves to suffer through hours of listening to every other asshole who thinks, like him, that he is the next Bukowski or Carver. Give me a fucking break with this motorcycle, fake macho mumbo-jumbo. You aren't Kenneth Anger. Grow the fuck up and stop subjecting the world to your fake, freshmen year of college bullshit. You will realize how dumb you sound and you will be ashamed. I only wish you could see it now. You suck, your band sucks and more than anything that pathetic piece of writing, with all its striving for significance, finding none, flailing about, sucks. Horribly.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 12:39 AM

More like Twin wanna be in a Kenneth Anger film.
Nice image fashion show.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 3:31 AM

Pitchfork loves dorks like this.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 9:02 AM

Can we put sausage comments in here? He looks like he would appreciate it.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 9:20 AM

Damn its awesome that the dude from those Metro PCS commercials is having such a successful career after Metro PCS! "I love the new phone smell" Ha da da dee Ba da da dee Ba da da dee.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 10:32 AM

Wow, 12:33 is pissssssed

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 10:48 AM

You can cross Brooklyn Ferry, but don't cross Bryan Ferry. He's suave and mean.

Posted by Brian Eno | May 2, 2012 12:29 PM

If this dude could bang himself, he totally would.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 12:34 PM

stupid trendy motherfucker.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 5:06 PM

i found some footage of a bunch of kids from the 1980s listening to this track at their prom.

Posted by Dave | May 3, 2012 9:31 AM

Just come put already, dude. You're not fooling anyone. It's okay, it's 2012. You can drop the act. Seriously man.

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2012 11:36 AM

I tried to find some redeeming element, I really did. But the whole album is soooo profoundly bad.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2012 11:41 AM