Posted in music | tour dates on May 1, 2012

Xponential Music Festival

"WXPN, the nationally-recognized leader in Triple A (Adult Album Alternative) music and noncommercial radio service of the University of Pennsylvania today announced the lineup for the 2012 XPoNential Music Festival presented by Subaru. Wilco, Counting Crows, Avett Brothers, Dr. Dog, The Hold Steady, Kathleen Edwards, Diego Garcia, War On Drugs, John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders and many more acts will play the weekend festival at Camden County's Wiggins Park and the Susquehanna Bank Center located on the Camden waterfront from Friday, July 20th - Sunday, July 22nd.

This year, WXPN has extended the festival to include Susquehanna Bank Center performances on Saturday and Sunday nights. WILCO, THE AVETT BROTHERS and DR. DOG will perform on Saturday, July 21 and COUNTING CROWS will perform on Sunday, July 22. Lawn seat admission to both Susquehanna Bank Center shows is included with the purchase of a 3-Day Pass to the XPoNential Music Festival. "

Wilco also just announced two Brooklyn shows.

XPoNential Music Festival tickets are on sale. Full lineup below...

XPoNential Music Festival 2012 lineup
Delta Rae
City Rain
Matt Santry Band
Dana Alexandra

Good lineup

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 4:00 PM

LULZ at Hold Steady playing the soft rock festival.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 4:01 PM

$90 for a three day festival. Not bad.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 4:02 PM

Camden.

Are Kevlar bulletproof vest rentals for the walk between the train station and concert venue available?

Posted by D | May 1, 2012 4:02 PM

^hardy har har you're so funny and original...

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 4:04 PM

And you're so asshurt over me being semi-serious for what reason I do not know. Did I spank you in some other entry?

Camden is a very dangerous city.

Posted by D | May 1, 2012 4:08 PM

I'll be wearing my corpse-paint and upside down cross! See you there, BBG!

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 4:11 PM

Hilarious when NY'ers act scared about Camden. It's a giant outdoor venue next to an aquarium and a minor league ballpark...Ohhhh, creepy! NYC used to be hardcore, you're just a bunch of softies.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 4:16 PM

...and it's also in one of the most dangerous cities if not THE most dangerous city on the East Coast by crimes and murders per 1,000 people, and it has less than 100,000 residents.

You're so tough? Go outside that little safe haven and Rutgers University campus at 2am. I doubt you would.

You pointing out the concert venue is next to tourist attractions = you yourself knowing Camden is a crime-ridden shithole.

Scared of Camden? I guess sarcasm doesn't register with you. There's nothing "soft" about being cautious, it's actually what a true person from the street is. But you walk wherever in Camden thinking it's safe when it isn't.

Posted by D | May 1, 2012 4:28 PM

D yr killin it bra

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 5:01 PM

No, no, 4:16 is right. You're pretty much suggesting that you are a giant coward. With your bulletproof vest crack I dismissed you as a racist, but with your follow up replies I see you're just a giant frightened pussy.

As for the actual post - lawn seats? I get that the price for the whole thing is cheap. But I'd rather not be stuck with lawn seats - with a festival pass I'd love an option (for extra $$) for actual good seats to the main stadium concerts.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 5:06 PM

Yeah, that Camden Aquarium is gangsta. Bitches from Williamsburg better recognize.

Posted by Old Bro | May 1, 2012 6:17 PM

Several years ago I walked from the train station to the Radiohead concert and I can report it was done in complete safety. Yes, this part of Camden is different than other parts, but D should recognize the difference--as a true person from the street.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2012 9:12 PM

D if you take the light rail you walk all of 10 ft to the enterance of the concert...if you are a big guy it will be two strides to the door. Do it quick or the boogie man will getcha!

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 7:08 AM

5:06pm Me racist? Nope. Sarcasm doesn't register with you either, asshead.

9:12pm & 7:08am

Thanks for directions to a venue I doubt I'll ever hit. You missed my point which was Camden is dangerous no matter where you go. Safe/r/st near the venue? Of course, but not everyone is as Camden-savvy as you. Some people like to wander, explore etc.

Thanks also for admitting / proving my point that Camden is dangerous because you talk about how short the walk between the light rail and the venue is.

Posted by D | May 2, 2012 8:35 AM

^ I was telling you not to be a pussy and write of a show because Camden is Dangerous. The city is large and there are parts of the city no one has a need to go to...it is like any other major city.

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 8:55 AM

they'll hire cops for the white people fest, right?

Posted by Anonymous | May 2, 2012 10:01 AM

8:55pm Ummmmm lighten up Frances, I was joking about the bulletproof vest.

However, Camden is the fifth most dangerous U.S. city out of 100 according to this link:

which says you have a 1 in 41 chance of being a crime victim in Camden.

'Say XPNMF '12 drew 4100 people. That means as many as 100 people who attend it could be a victim of a crime in Camden, according to the above link (the rate goes up the less people, down the more people.) Of course, it would be highly unlikely that that many people could be victims of crime as the part of Camden the fest's venues are located in is the safest area of the city. The question would be how many people could be victims of crime then? It could be none, but it could be 1-5 people, too.

Posted by D | May 3, 2012 3:11 PM

guys - here's the new plan. you ignore D and his rants. this is the only way he stops, ok?

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2012 3:41 PM

Omg.....you all are two funny!!!! I am an old lady ( haha)and I go to concerts there all the time. Feel VeRy safe! Walking from parking areas , garages etc. police are everywhere when venues are happening. I have driven down there and taken the light rail. Go, have a great time...be smart and you will be fine!!!!!!

Posted by Beth | May 29, 2012 8:53 AM

I take it that if you're playing this festival then your career is basically over.

Posted by Dave | May 29, 2012 9:23 AM

Buy from ebay, the worlds largest and most trusted auction site. Pay with paypal and eliminate any security issues with your credit card.

Posted by Michal | February 24, 2013 2:12 PM

XPoNential Music Festival 2012 lineup announced.

Posted by saisokuseo | December 1, 2013 7:53 PM