Posted in music | tour dates on June 22, 2012

Ted Leo at Maxwell's on NYE (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Ted Leo

As hinted at in a Celebrate Brooklyn facebook post at the end of last month, Ted Leo was added as an opener to the free Mission of Burma/Wild Flag show at Prospect Park (8/3).

As mentioned, he'll also be in NYC even sooner for a taping of How Was Your Week? with Julie Klausner at The Bell House on June 27 with Jim Gaffigan, Katie Notopoulous, and Martha Plimpton. That show is sold out. No other Ted Leo dates to report at the moment.

Meanwhile, Celebrate Brooklyn continues tonight (6/22) with a free show by Keb' Mo' and Natalia Zukerman, and on Saturday (6/23), with the free Ghostface Killah show.

The video for "Bottled In Cork" from 2010's The Brutalist Bricks is below...

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Bottled In Cork"

awesome

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 3:37 PM

Ted Leo playing a free show? Make sure you take advantage of it. This may be your only chance to see him live....for free....in the first week in August...

Posted by The MIghty KC | June 22, 2012 3:44 PM

Puzzlehead.

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 3:44 PM

"Ted Leo playing a free show? Make sure you take advantage of it."

Oh no what pressure!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 3:59 PM

did 3:59 think someone was seriously making an enthusiastic comment about Ted Leo on BV?

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 4:11 PM

sure why not

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 4:32 PM

nah 4:11, they're both being sarcastic. unless you're being sarcastic also, which in that case I'm fucked

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 4:34 PM

No South Street Seaport gig? :(

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 4:35 PM

I'm so happy and excited about this

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 8:08 PM

Awesome! Made an already great show even better... And fuck you if you think I'm faking enthusiasm, you disgusting nerds.

Posted by Anonymous | June 22, 2012 11:59 PM

Man, fuck Wildcard. One of the worst openers I've ever seen last year.

Posted by Sam | June 24, 2012 4:28 PM

I finally have the opportunity to not have to spend money or exert significant effort to actually walk the fuck out of a Ted Leo show. Bravo, Prospect Park Alliance!

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 9:36 AM

WILD FLAG

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 10:05 AM

^ Really? You had to jump on a three-day-old thread with that "joke"?

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 10:10 AM

^ And yet it bothered you enough to post to said three-day-old thread in response? I don't want to seem disrespectful, but you may actually have some unresolved issues, baby.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 10:57 AM

^ yeah, it bothers me every time I read some fucking twit trying desperately to be clever... Face it, kid. You ain't got it.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:16 PM

I like how BV conveniently cropped the photo to hide Ted Leo's hair plugs.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:27 PM

LOL 4:16 is an angry little bunny

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:33 PM

^^
Man, you're really just looking for anything to jump on this guy about. He has a full head of hair.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:35 PM

4:33 is easily amused

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:36 PM

Whoa, dude @4:16, you need to take a deeeep breath, then take anooooother one, then caaaaaalm down, and chillax brah. Go take a walk, or maybe knit a pair of socks? Anyway, you need to just calm down there sweetheart.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:36 PM

LOL 4:36 FTW!

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:40 PM

Ted if you don't like what people think about you and your music you should stop reading BV. Go hang around in Tom Scharpling's echo chamber and the whole world will be your little play date. We'll be here, right here, whenever you want to check in on reality.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:42 PM

Ted Leo has a full head of hair? lol, not so sure about that.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 4:54 PM

4:36 contrary to whatever your family has told you, you're not funny. Not even a little bit, bra. And sadly you jumped on a three-day-old thread with your "so I can walk out" bit. Did you sit around all weekend and finally *eureka* you had your perfect Ted Leo burn? Did you forward it to your bro's and your mom? Pretty sad, bra...

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 5:09 PM

Ha! 4:33 is a simple little bunny

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 5:16 PM

The real question is not whether some poster is funny, the real question is why it bothers you so 10:10/5:09/etc. You don't have to answer now, and you don't have to answer here, but it is unique even for BV that someone should get so worked up over whether someone else's post was funny or not. That's the kind of behavior I might expect from an unfunny comedian or an over the hill musician, so the answer probably won't surprise me but if you are honest I think that the answer - the real one - may just surprise you. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to keep up this charade as long as you wish, and we can both devolve into personal attacks - oops, too late on your side ;) - but it is worth looking at Ted.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 5:17 PM

That might have some merit if it were not you who posted on a dormant thread with your "jest" about having the opportunity to walk out of a Ted Leo show. I merely pointed out that it was a lame joke (it really was) posted days after the last comment. What was it about that initial post that riled you so? Exactly, this ruse of trying to pin your passive-aggressive behavior on me is rather transparent. Clearly I've struck something of a nerve with you and to be honest reading your flailing and silly responses have brightened my day significantly. Kudos, Ted Leo walker-outer! You just might be onto something yet.

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 5:38 PM

P U S S Y F I G H T !

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 5:40 PM

I'll probably be at this show anyway, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say I will definitely attend if I get to see 5:17 and 5:38 in a fat music geek slappy fight with each other. I guess schedule it for after Ted Leo? C'mon you two, make this happen!

Posted by Anonymous | June 25, 2012 8:24 PM

^ Sorry Herbie, looks like you were the only real man's man trolling brooklyn vegan at 8:24 pm on a Monday night.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 10:09 AM

^ as opposed to you, using company time. now GET BACK TO WORK

Posted by your boss | June 26, 2012 10:19 AM

5:38 (et al) wrote "That might have some merit if it were not you who posted on a dormant thread ... posted days after the last comment."

The said comment was posted on June 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM. The last comment before that one was posted by Sam on June 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM.

Now I know that all those dicks kind scramble your thoughts around a bit, but I think that by any objective measure the next morning does not equal "days after the last comment".

So, we're back to your anger issues, you poor miserable little bunny. What do you say, sweetheart, time to start up that Paxil again? I think so.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 10:31 AM

10:31 "The said comment"!?! "dicks kind scramble"!?! You're really losing it... Ha ha, cue the clown music.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 10:44 AM

Paxil. now. :-)

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 10:50 AM

ha, nice job hiding Leo's bald spot.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 11:08 AM

I'm sorry, doo-doo magoo. This isn't a fair fight. Not only have you lost, but you've become redundant and boring. I'm sure you'll think twice about your silly trolling and that's enough for me. I won't check this thread anymore. Okay, twitchy li'l mousey?

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 11:09 AM

^ ha ha this assclown thinks that he won something on the internet. I don't think that I can add anything to that punchline. absolutely fucking hilarious :P

come on back Ted, you are much more fun in your illogic than this beardo dullard.

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 11:22 AM

take it to da bowl!

Posted by Anonymous | June 26, 2012 11:33 AM

teo lao is my favorite band of this generation

Posted by jordon | July 28, 2013 4:20 PM