Posted in comedy | music | pictures on June 29, 2012

photos by Chris La Putt

Tenacious D at Hammerstein Ballroom - 6/28/12
Tenacious D

Tenacious D (aka Jack Black & Kyle Gass) brought their comedic hard rock to NYC for a show at Hammerstein Ballroom last night (6/28) as part of their a tour with The Sights. Taking the stage in front of the especially phallic "Fenix" which graces their new album cover, they split the set pretty evenly between their three full lengths, including the recently released Rize of the Fenix, which hit shelves last month, and did a medley of The Who covers. Tenacious D and The Sights will do it again at Hammerstein tonight (6/29). Tickets for tonight's show are still available.

Unfortunately we don't have the full setlist from last night's show, but the whole tour has been pretty consistent, so you can check out some setlists of previous dates along with more pics and a video of Tenacious D from last night's show (and two videos from last night's Daily Show appearance) below...

Tenacious D

Tenacious D at Tabernacle, Atlanta - 6/25/12 Setlist: (via)
Rize of the Fenix
Low Hangin' Fruit
Señorita
Deth Starr
Roadie
Throw Down
Kielbasa
Kickapoo
Dude (I Totally Miss You)
Kyle Quit the Band
Friendship
The Metal
Wonderboy
Pinball Wizard (The Who Cover)
Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)
Tribute
Double Team

Encore:
Baby
Fuck Her Gently

Tenacious D at The Fillmore, Charlotte - 6/26/12 Setlist: (via)
Rize of the Fenix
Low Hangin' Fruit
Señorita
Deth Starr
Roadie
Throw Down
Kielbasa
Kickapoo
Dude (I Totally Miss You)
Kyle Quit the Band
Friendship
The Metal
Wonderboy
Who Medley (The Who cover)
Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)
Tribute
Double Team

Encore:
Baby
The Cosmic Shame
Fuck Her Gently

has anyone ever found this crap funny? this is like dane cook playing folk music.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:07 AM

It's good that the Trekies have something to do with their time before the next Comic-Con

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:08 AM

Wow! Barry Jive and the Uptown Five look like shit now.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:12 AM

Well, I will say this - we haven't had a good Fat Guy Post in a couple weeks, since that PS I Love You guy with the double neck (and triple chin).

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:25 AM

Seriously. Enough with this fucking (bad) joke. Do they really need to get more press? If I want to waste my money on stupid shit, I'll go watch 'Magic Mike' and eat a Billyburger.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:32 AM

filthy #endfatrock

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:34 AM

I think the biggest issue I have with this, and it's simply my own thought, is that they've run this joke into the ground ten times over. Was it funny the first time? Sure. Was Jack Black funny in 'School of Rock"? Sure. But it seems as if this same comedy-cum-rock shtick has been done, by them!, so many times. At least be a different band or different music choice or *something* to keep us interested.I don't want bands putting out the same record over and over, and I don't want my comedy acts shoveling the same shit over and over. Now ... about that 'Magic Mike' ... amirit?!

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:43 AM

who are these guys?

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:44 AM

THE SOLD OUT HAMMERSTEIN! HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE DONE THAT? HUH?!?!??

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 11:49 AM

Looks so cool! I wish I was also there to watch them personally.

Posted by Knee Doctor Dallas TX | June 29, 2012 11:59 AM

I heard they did a screening of 'Magic Mike' that had a line wrapped around three times and all the way down to the LES and to the front steps of Baby Cakes. Fortunately, they gave out those yummy cupcakes that are made with such tender loving mother fucking care by those cuties who work there.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 12:01 PM

>> Unfortunately we don't have the full setlist from last night's show, but the whole tour has been pretty consistent, so you can check out some setlists of previous dates

Hahahaha. In other words, this one-trick-bitch-of-a-pony doesn't have any other material to change it up with from show to show.

Nice.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 12:12 PM

Great show - I see they did Cosmic Shame in Charlotte - would have loved to have seen that last night, but I won't complain.

Posted by Topherpie | June 29, 2012 12:51 PM

Rocket Sauce FTW!

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 1:15 PM

"How many of you have tickets to Friday's show? It's going to be the same, except for one song." - Jack Black on stage last night.

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2012 2:07 PM

The D fucking rule and you idiots have no clue what you are talking about. They've been a band longer than JB has been a movie star, and it shows.

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2012 1:35 PM

11:49/12:51/1:35,
My heart goes out to all of you. To lead such a pathetic existence must be so sad. I truly feel sadness in my heart for you. I pray and hope your life gets better.

Posted by Anonymous | July 1, 2012 12:32 AM

rabbl rabbl I have nothing else to do but talk crap on the internet since I want to be a rock star

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2012 11:51 AM

Rocket Sauce FTW!

Posted by Android | July 4, 2012 11:24 AM

Being an artist is a gift from god so we have to be thankful for our talent

Posted by Used Wire Deck | August 1, 2012 12:18 PM

I was very enthusiastic about the content, it's quite motivating I should recognize. I like viewing you website since I always come.

Posted by Used Pallet Racking | August 13, 2012 4:07 AM

Its my great pleasure to visit your blog and to enjoy your awesome posts here. I like that a lot. I know that you put much attention for these articles, as all of them make sense and are very useful.

Posted by Plumber Aurora CO | August 18, 2012 4:40 AM

Posted by Plumber Aurora CO | August 18, 2012 4:43 AM

Can you email me with some pointers on how you made your site look this awesome, I would appreciate it.

Posted by miniclip | August 30, 2012 9:39 AM

This is the ideal column for anyone who desires to be accustomed with this subject.Full of able acumen based on testing by experts that knew what they were talking about.

Posted by Adobe Acrobat Professional for Windows | August 30, 2012 9:05 PM

There might not be another heavy metal band fronted by two overweight grown men that are as popular and successful as Tenacious D. much of their success probably lie in Jack Black's popularity as a movie star, and their unique brand of music.

Posted by Michelle Kollathe | September 3, 2012 4:01 AM

this is no doubt one of the best informative post which is also interesting, i have read it completely and i also shared this with my friends and fellows

Posted by Mobile prices | October 25, 2012 5:49 AM

who are these guys?

Posted by teb4 | November 16, 2012 4:55 PM

Posted by arabic keyboard | November 16, 2012 5:03 PM

Very cool I expect this so-called popular play
Thanks guys

Posted by chatvoice | January 4, 2013 9:00 PM

Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Posted by judi bola | May 1, 2013 5:48 AM

My heart goes ummm ummm hmmmmm wow lovely concert and what a great photography you shared nice clean and high in resolution i will wait for further updates thanks for sharing it with us.

Posted by Mobile Pk | July 18, 2013 6:49 AM

the coat he wears is the coolest.

Posted by jordon | July 28, 2013 12:12 PM

They are funny band and getting famous due to its funny things moreover people likes the tracks and shaking themselves with this band

Posted by Anoush Alexnder | July 7, 2014 4:26 AM