Posted in music | tour dates on July 9, 2012

Screaming Females in 2009 (more by Leia Jospe)
Screaming Females

We at BrooklynVegan are excited to announce the opening of a gallery show called '480 Pixels - An Exhibition of BrooklynVegan's Music Photography,' which will feature work by BV photographers. The gallery opens at 92YTribeca on August 16 and runs through September 6, and is free to the public. For many of these photos, the gallery will be the first time that they have been publicly displayed at a size larger than 480 pixels, the standard width for photos on BV.

On the opening day, there will be a free opening reception at 6:30 PM and a BV-presented show on the 92YTribeca mainstage at 8 PM with Screaming Females, Hunters, and Heliotropes. Tickets for the show are on sale now.

The list of BV photographers whose work will be on display at the exhibition is below. Marissa Paternoster of Screaming Females will also be showing a few pieces of her artwork at the exhibition.

The show is one of many scheduled for Screaming Females, who come to Brooklyn this summer for Riot Fest Brooklyn which goes down at Williamsburg Park on September 8. They also play C.L.I.T. Fest in NJ this weekend. All of their dates are listed below.

480 Pixels Photographers:

Aug 16 92YTribeca New York, NY w/ Heliotropes, Hunters
Sep 06 Hopscotch Festival Raleigh, NC
Sep 08 Riot Fest (Williamsburg Park) Brooklyn, NY
Sep 16 Riot Fest (Humboldt Park) Chicago, IL

FUCK YEAH!

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 4:58 PM

There's some high art for you.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 5:01 PM

Will there be hummus served at the reception?

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 5:05 PM

Screaming Females are playing NYC? Thank god it's been almosg 6 weeks since I've seen them!

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 5:09 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 5:38 PM

^truly one of the finest photographs in all of BV!

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 6:00 PM

^ I thought the way this photo was composed was truly breathtaking. The way the sign is on a slight angle with the classic font face really had me moved. There are certainly some extremely talented photographers in this site! Much love!

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 6:08 PM

The "Screaming Female Meme" and even the old but beloved "Hummus Meme" are far superior to the "Jeremy Lin meme" and the "The Ipods Meme."

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 7:13 PM

hummus guy is better than wanna be scalper guy

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 8:01 PM

Hummus looks like poop.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 8:23 PM

I have to agree with 7:13, the "Screaming Female Meme" is usually funny. All others on the BV threads, especially any "sausage meme," should just hang it up. I look forward to the next screaming female situation that gets explained to me.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 8:48 PM

What happened to Andrew St. Clair on that list? He's still one of the last quality photographers this blog has, he needs to be a part of the exhibition. Hell, half those people don't even seem like they've photographed in months, maybe years.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 8:52 PM

Come to think of it, there's no Gabi Porter or Tracy Allison either. What gives?! Leaving out a crew of great photogs.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2012 8:54 PM

^^ (more TBA)

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2012 8:39 AM

Screaming Females = make the singer straight and take away the uniform dress, and not a single person would care in the slightest.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2012 10:01 AM

Not a single person cares about you in the slightest, that much I can guarantee.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2012 11:52 AM

"I don't know this band The Screaming Females, but I had a screaming female situation the other night, let me explain:
So there I was, just hanging out in Bedford Avenue with my girlfriend. We were pretty drunk from the Pinot Noir we were sipping at the bar earlier and I thought a snack would sober us up a little bit... So we entered a local Bodega to purchase a bag of pita triangles and an 8oz container of Sabra hummus to bring back to our condo. When we finally arrived back home, I placed the items I purchased on the kitchen table and we went into the bedroom for a bit for a quick make-out session. However, it appeared at some point my roomate arrived home and saw the snacks on the table and devoured the entire container! Needless to say, when I informed my girlfriend of what happened, needless to say, that female started screaming!"

So, did you wake up from that nightmare by yourself, or did Bradford Cocks startle you back to reality with his lovely "white sauce/green sauce" combo?

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2012 12:35 PM

@6.00 That HAS TO BE A CHRIS LAPUTT SHOT!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 3:04 PM

8:48- Unfortunately there is Screaming Females meme. The band really does get constant coverage for absolutely no fucking reason at all.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2012 11:44 AM

Good Work ! I purchased on the kitchen table and we went into the bedroom for a bit for a quick make-out session. i love is site!

Posted by Massagista | August 3, 2012 11:59 AM

Your blog looks nice, on the other hand it would be greater if you can use lighter colors as well as a professional design. This will ensure that a lot more readers come to check it out.Informative post by the way!

Posted by jocuri | August 28, 2012 12:18 PM

Will there be hummus served at the reception?

Posted by inchiriere masini | September 26, 2012 7:59 AM

Posted by Car Rental Cluj | September 26, 2012 7:59 AM

I'm a day late and a dollar short on the 92Y Tribeca show, I guess. Do you have any other venues/exhibits coming up locally?

Posted by Austin Scott Brooks | October 12, 2012 4:25 PM