Posted in To Do | dance | music | tour dates on July 21, 2012

NASA

Of course, this is not a true reunion of the legendary NYC rave club (that was located at Shelter right next door to Wetlands), because there is some bad blood between certain members of the scene, most notably between Scotto's N.A.S.A partner DB, but it's a trip down memory lane nonetheless, not to mention a somewhat rare appearance by Manchester's 808 State who released "Blueprint: The Best of 808 State" in 2011. Though note, 808 State's website says they are just DJing.

A video commercial for the Saturday (7/21) Music Hall of Williamsburg show, with set times, and a video Scotto shout outside N.A.S.A. in 1993, below...

Time to bust out the fort dodge y'all!

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2012 5:00 AM

I love N.A.S.A they are the dopest. I love that Brooklyn Vegan show love to a lot of under the radar music

-------------

Posted by Jack Purcell | July 21, 2012 8:35 AM

Why the hell is Alex English on this bill?
He is the worst, an has nothing to do with NaSa at all except for telling people he went there, which he probably didn't.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2012 2:20 PM

^ LMFAOOO my thoughts exactly.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2012 4:27 PM

i used to go to NASA in 1994 stone sober...it was an absolute drug den...

great music though.

dj db is awesome...not sure what the issues are but he's pretty much responsible for drum and bass being so popular in nyc and the northeast. those history of our world comps are still excellent.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2012 6:46 PM

DB is great, totally agree, but let us not forget the importance of Liquid Sky.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2012 7:04 PM

"Reunions" always suck... A bunch of washed out ravers reminiscing about "back in the day"? Fuck that!
However, I am still probably going to attend in hopes Joey Beltram plays acid, and Trace spins the Jump-Up.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2012 7:08 PM

brings me back to running around the village...from sonic groove and vinyl mania on carmine to temple below liquid sky to throb on 14th street...to strange records on 9th street...to adult crash on ave a...to satellite at the original location on bowery...to fondle em on 9th street.

imagine selling house records to pay commercial rent in the village these days.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2012 8:31 PM

#
Echo
Listlessness
Ben

Posted by # | July 22, 2012 12:11 AM

Ipods would be a good add to this festival -- they play house, as well!

Posted by Anonymous | July 22, 2012 4:47 PM

Here's what I did upon seeing your comment, 4:47, yes--and I'm, well, embarrassed, I suppose, to admit it--but it just so happens that I did the following thing upon viewing your comment, mm-hm, and that thing, that action, was the following thing that I did, here's what I did: I LAUGHED!

hfuwfuygewuifguiewg

wr
r
ew
r
wer
ewrewrwer

Posted by Anonymous | July 22, 2012 5:54 PM

I love it when hipsters expose their racism. Lucky for yous your behind a computer screen anonymous. Enjoy your privlieges!

Posted by Clever | September 27, 2012 6:28 AM

Very interesting article, I look forward to more research coming out regarding the remaining two thirds

Posted by Youtube | September 28, 2012 4:56 PM

Me to! I post to let people know how cool is this page. I don't know is about the money but is cool! I just wait until the next time!

Posted by Arab Ladies | September 28, 2012 10:38 PM

Posted by Artesanos Plaza Francia | October 15, 2012 8:00 PM

excellent article. This is the information which I have been searhing. Great information. One of the bestKeep it up!

Posted by vue 8 | October 18, 2013 10:55 AM

I hate that there is bad blood between them and I am hoping for a real reunion really soon and I'm sure i'm not the only one.

Posted by dana | November 19, 2014 8:13 AM